Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,414 members, 7,978,304 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 05:02 AM

Entertainment: There Are So Many Challenges To Overcome - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Entertainment: There Are So Many Challenges To Overcome (431 Views)

How To Overcome The Challenge Of Scaling Your Startup / 3 Pitfalls That Can Destroy The Dreams Of Entrepreneur And How To Overcome Them / Post Your Small Business Challenges To Me: Strategy Consultant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Entertainment: There Are So Many Challenges To Overcome by Nobody: 11:49pm On Mar 12, 2017
Alhaji Afolayan Usman Ayotunde is the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Prime Royal Star Global Nigeria Limited. In this interview, he shares his opinion on how to improve Nigeria’s entertainment industry and boost employment. Excerpts:

As the Chief Executive Officer of Prime Royal Entertainment, what motivated you to go into entertainment?

I had wanted to be in the entertainment business for a very long time, especially here in Abeokuta. We have so many entertainment organisations in Abeokuta here, but we just have to keep supporting up and coming artistes, while also taking the movie and music production in Abeokuta to a global level.

Who are the artistes you are working with?

We have two artistes at the moment. People should watch out for their album coming out soon. They are Mr Adekunle BoyeBest and the popular Beulah. As for movie production, we have two movies also coming out shortly. We are not into the business for a short time. As you can see, this is something we are working on; we are a global company and our doors are opened to, not just up and coming, but renowned artistes too. We are ready to work with anybody who is willing.

Is there any relationship between you and the late Afolayan, popularly known as Adelove?

I am not certain about that. All i know about the Afolayan family is that most are from Kwara State. I also hail from there, Omu-Aran to be precised, and I am not certain if there is any relationship in the background. However, I know my immediate family.

Advise to entrepreneurs running businesses in Nigeria?

Having a business overseas is totally different from having one in Nigeria. There are so many challenges to overcome here. For instance, the situation of things in the country – the power supply, the exchange rate, etc., doesn’t make things easy, but by God’s grace and with the present government, businesses will get out of the situation soon and may be able to meet up with international standards.

As a young entrepreneur, how would you advise youths on being productive?

Like I usually advise many of my younger ones out there, they should start from somewhere. During my National Diploma days, I did not just sit idle as a student. I moved around as an apprentice with my very good brother and boss in the granite business, Alhaji Olojede Tosin. He was among those who made me who I am today in the granite business. He gave me the chance to learn all I did about the business. I was also able to gather some capital while with him.

Based on the present economic challenges in the country, how do you cope with staff salaries and running your organisation?

It’s been only God helping us so far, especially with the ongoing recession and incessant increase in currency rates in Nigeria. It’s not been easy, but we are doing fine and we thank God for that.

As an entertainer, do you have a favourite artiste?

My favourite artiste remains Kunle Afolayan. I love his movie productions and his acting. I also love watching Odunlade Adekola in movies. In actual fact, I love everyone because acting is not easy.

http://tribuneonlineng.com/entertainment-many-challenges-overcome/

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Sell Your Itunes Gift Card To Me / What The Future Holds / The Current Naira Value

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.