Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,880 members, 7,909,304 topics. Date: Friday, 02 August 2024 at 10:16 PM

My One Kobo To Fellow Nigerian Graduates - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My One Kobo To Fellow Nigerian Graduates (648 Views)

Reasons Why Most Nigerian Graduates Are Not Employable / 5 Productive Things Nigerian Graduates Can Do During Weekends / Top 7 Blue Collar Jobs Unemployed Nigerian Graduates Should Consider (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My One Kobo To Fellow Nigerian Graduates by Nobody: 11:07pm On Mar 13, 2017
I saw a recent post titled 'How Many Years Did You Spend Before Getting A Job' here on Nairaland and the severity of the topic and the response received created the drive in me to share my one kobo.

The topic looks funny but the comment showed the level of hardship graduate go through before securing work. Yes, work and not even job.

The market is highly competitive and these days,
it goes beyond having a good grade. Graduate
must learn to network while in school and during
service year. Be sensitive to opportunities and
never stop learning till you get your most desired
job even after keep learning.

One thing I am certain about is that I have not
seen a thoroughly diligent graduate that will
suffer for too long. There will always be a way.

Be truthful to yourself as that would help you go far. When you aren't working as a professional in an organization, you haven't got a job as a graduate. Pls never settle for less. Customer Service Executive, Front desk Executive are highly executive but don't get overwhelmed with such title and forget you still have a great journey ahead.

The bitter truth is that the market is too competitive for you not to have something to bring to the table. If you discover your background doesn't have enough market value, switch career early. invest in the new career you
wish to dive into. ICAN, CIPM etc. are great professional courses for people that studied Yoruba, Political Science, Botany etc. and are complaining of no jobs. Just find a way to keep moving.

No one promised it will be easy. We just have to do it and make sure our children don't suffer what we have suffered.

With Regards to Test, graduate need to be conversant with Companies structure and their type of testing system for entry level. Basically, the most common in the market include SHL and GMAT. Study hard for every test and learn from failures.

Apply at the earliest time for a job as their are several others vying for the position as well.

All these being done and coupled with prayers, I can assure you that your job is coming sooner than you think.

3 Likes

Re: My One Kobo To Fellow Nigerian Graduates by Bism(m): 12:02am On Mar 14, 2017
oga dont degrade any course of study because they covertly or overtly contribute to the socio-economic development of a nation. Big time multinational organization, media houses, NGO, to name but a few need individuals to the above mentioned decipline to feel vital roles in their organization.
Re: My One Kobo To Fellow Nigerian Graduates by Bism(m): 12:03am On Mar 14, 2017
Bism:
oga dont degrade any course of study because they covertly or overtly contribute to the socio-economic development of a nation. Big time multinational organization, media houses, NGO, to name but a few need individuals to the above mentioned decipline to feel vital roles in their organization.
adenuga360:
I saw a recent post titled 'How Many Years Did You Spend Before Getting A Job' here on Nairaland and the severity of the topic and the response received created the drive in me to share my one kobo.

The topic looks funny but the comment showed the level of hardship graduate go through before securing work. Yes, work and not even job.

The market is highly competitive and these days,
it goes beyond having a good grade. Graduate
must learn to network while in school and during
service year. Be sensitive to opportunities and
never stop learning till you get your most desired
job even after keep learning.

One thing I am certain about is that I have not
seen a thoroughly diligent graduate that will
suffer for too long. There will always be a way.

Be truthful to yourself as that would help you go far. When you aren't working as a professional in an organization, you haven't got a job as a graduate. Pls never settle for less. Customer Service Executive, Front desk Executive are highly executive but don't get overwhelmed with such title and forget you still have a great journey ahead.

The bitter truth is that the market is too competitive for you not to have something to bring to the table. If you discover your background doesn't have enough market value, switch career early. invest in the new career you
wish to dive into. ICAN, CIPM etc. are great professional courses for people that studied Yoruba, Political Science, Botany etc. and are complaining of no jobs. Just find a way to keep moving.

No one promised it will be easy. We just have to do it and make sure our children don't suffer what we have suffered.

With Regards to Test, graduate need to be conversant with Companies structure and their type of testing system for entry level. Basically, the most common in the market include SHL and GMAT. Study hard for every test and learn from failures.

Apply at the earliest time for a job as their are several others vying for the position as well.

All these being done and coupled with prayers, I can assure you that your job is coming sooner than you think.
Re: My One Kobo To Fellow Nigerian Graduates by Nobody: 12:14am On Mar 14, 2017
Bism:

You are right. I totally agree with you
Re: My One Kobo To Fellow Nigerian Graduates by Nobody: 3:13am On Mar 14, 2017
You are right broh when your time comes a month enjoyment will make you forget 10 years of suffering.

Bsc mat/comp.sci 2.1
SERVICES
1. Computer appreciation
2. Web designing
3. Online registration
4. Corporate training
5. Software Training
6. Graphics designing
7. systems repair, installation and troubleshooting etc
KEY COMPETENCIES
- Microsoft office proficient.
- PowerPoint, CorelDraw, Photoshop,fireworks, Illustrator, PageMaker etc.
- Html, C++, CSS, Php, WordPress, blogger
- Diagnosis, troubleshooting and repair. System integration and data
migration
- Customer relationship management and Strong problem solving abilities
- Performance monitoring and optimization. Multi-tasking and project
management
contact
babs4realscience@yahoo.com
Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

URGENT- International Youth Summit And Awards 2017 - Call For Volunteers / Project Manager Fan Milk / Vacancy For Machine Operators And Material Handlers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.