Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,399 members, 7,978,272 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 01:33 AM

Letter To KSU Students On The Ongoing Strike - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Letter To KSU Students On The Ongoing Strike (317 Views)

ASUU Vows To Pursue Ongoing Strike To Logical Conclusion. / Is This The Highest Score In The Ongoing 2017 JAMB? / Photos From The KSU Protest On The Closure Of All Tertiary Institutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Letter To KSU Students On The Ongoing Strike by adab86(m): 8:01am On Mar 14, 2017
LETTER TO KSU STUDENTS

Greatest Nigerian students!

It is over one month that we embarked on this so called indefinite strike on the reasons which can not be discussed or defined.
The kogi state government has plotted to sabotage the education of this state. They have all acquired western education, I do not understand why they want to put our education in a state of destruction and they will still say to us, this generation is the future of kogi state and yet our educational sector is not stable.

The Academic Student Union of the University (ASUU), had declared an indefinite strike on the basis of non payment of eight months arrears salary to all categories of the Academic staff and the reconstitution of the University's governing Council. We heard 40% of ASUU demands has allegedly been met, what happened to the rest 60%? and looking at the situation of things, no assurance of resuming soon to class(es) , yet the student Union government (SUG) has nothing to do about this. Our education is in shamble and we all fold our arms and pretend as if all is well, The usual four years course is now six years course in KSU because of the annual strike, We now have to consider the period of strike before we can calculate our graduation year. For the past five years, a year can not pass by without KSU experiencing strike and I seem not understand why they failed to tell us strike is part of our curriculum so that we can prepare.

We are tired of sitting at home, we are tired of yearly strike, we are tired of mismanagement, we can not fold our arms again, we know what our mates in other institutions has covered. We are not going to rest nor slumber until the demands of the academic staff is met. Our protest is going to be massive if the government of Yahaya Bello fails to do the needful, they said they will treat us like a criminal if we gang up to carry out any protest and we shall tell them protest is constitutionally quarranteed. Therefore, let us all rise and fight to resume back to lectures before this so called bloody demagogue destroy our education, our future and our state.

God bless KSU
God bless Kogi State
Nothing shall discourage us....

Pls, rebroadcast
Re: Letter To KSU Students On The Ongoing Strike by Judasjudas(m): 8:42am On Mar 14, 2017
The school just taya me .. sometimes I regret choosing em ..

(1) (Reply)

Ikeme Injured, Rohr Names Okeowo As Replacement / Update Microsoft Certification MB2-714 Training Material / I Stand With Dino

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.