Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,471 members, 7,971,724 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 02:44 PM

Domestic Punishment - An Inspiration Message For All Mothers - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Domestic Punishment - An Inspiration Message For All Mothers (624 Views)

MOTHERS’ DAY - A Poem Dedicated To All Mothers / Does This Little Boy Deserve This Punishment? (photo) / MOTHERS’ DAY: A Poem Dedicated To All Mothers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Domestic Punishment - An Inspiration Message For All Mothers by princemillla(m): 8:55am On Mar 14, 2017
Domestic punishment

I offended my wife and she insisted a million sorries were not enough. I didn't know what to do, so I asked her to choose a punishment she considered satisfactory.

She said I should do all chores for one week. I quickly agreed. That was the worst punishment I served in living memory.

If you think you have patience, wait till your wife leaves you with two kids and goes to gist with a neighbor for hours. One hour seemed like 1 year. Yelling and commanding fell on deaf ears; it was as if the kids conspired with their mother to raise their disturbance to power 2.
I couldn't even take my calls; Facebook update was no-go area; the crying was loud and persistent.

What of the poopooing and peeing? And for someone easily disgusted, I was sooo beaten and alarmed.

The house cleaning, dish-washing were something else. I learnt that one child can use 3 dresses/wears per day.

Preparing their meals was like Kachikwu and fuel. Preparing ordinary pap was like Buhari and 2016 budget. I wasted a couple of dishfuls before I came close to getting it right. Then, the feeding proper was like Fashola and electricity. For every spoon each of them took, we had to run around for several minutes. I was furious but they were laughing and playful.

By the second day, I was completely humbled and asked for amnesty. Processing the application was like Nigerian police doing crime investigation. Approving the application was like Nigerian military defeating Boko Haram in Sambisa forest.

In the end, to win a temporary amnesty, it took APC tactics on Nigerians; I made so many promises without thinking of how to fulfill any. I just wanted to get off the punishment.

Mothers are something out of this world. They're so special that it is only them that can be called Mothers.

Thumbs up for all mothers out there.

*Who is a woman??***
Woman has the most unique character like salt, her presence is never remembered but her absence makes all the things tasteless.

Shared with me Royale Events

2 Likes

Re: Domestic Punishment - An Inspiration Message For All Mothers by tuscani: 10:25am On Mar 14, 2017
You are right. But that only applies in Nigeria. Guy, these are my routine jobs. I can change diapers with my eyes closed. These are routine jobs for men over here. Nonetheless, women are to be honoured.

1 Like

Re: Domestic Punishment - An Inspiration Message For All Mothers by princemillla(m): 3:09pm On Mar 14, 2017
tuscani:
You are right. But that only applies in Nigeria. Guy, these are my routine jobs. I can change diapers with my eyes closed. These are routine jobs for men over here. Nonetheless, women are to be honoured.

That's nice of you, I sometimes pity my wife. Don't av choice but to stay back sometimes to give her helping hand with her chores. May God bless them for us

(1) (Reply)

Couple Use Convoy Of Keke Napeps On Their Wedding Day / Italian Emma Morano, Last Known Survivor Of 19th Century, Dies At 117 / Two Men Fight Over 5-month Old Baby Delivered By 18-year Old Girl (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.