Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,717 members, 7,969,090 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 07:12 PM

RE: Hausa man contesting for counserlorship in PDP in Ebonyi state - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / RE: Hausa man contesting for counserlorship in PDP in Ebonyi state (1507 Views)

Segun Odegbami Contesting For Ogun Governorship - PHOTOS / Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited / ANAMBRA: Is This Man Contesting For Pope, Saint Or Senate (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

RE: Hausa man contesting for counserlorship in PDP in Ebonyi state by mrrights: 1:07am On Mar 15, 2017
Few hours ago, I saw an interesting post on nairaland front page. It's about a Hausa man vying for counselorship position in his place of residence in South East, Ebonyi state. Apart from the high level of ignorance displayed by many of the commentators who are mostly from a particular section of the country, the post also shows how greedy and ignorant some people can be. It is so disgusting to an extent that one began to wonder whether those people writing those comments were actually citizens of Nigeria. You will also be forced to ask yourself whether those people actually know what the law says and whether Indeed, these are Nigerian students and graduates. While I was in Kano, I know of many Yoruba and Igbo people that contested to various elective positions during election. One particular person that come to mind is brother Waheed, who gained wide acceptance. Some of his Hausa admirers in the area composed a song for him to increase his acceptability. Part of the song goes this way : Waheedi mu ke so, ci ma Dan Kano ne. Meaning, Waheedi is who we want, he his also from Kano. Kano is the heart of Northern state and people from other parts of the country are free to contest for elections without abuse. As we are speaking right now, people from Eastern parts of the country are holding various elective offices in South West, Lagos. From state house of Assembly to federal house of Representatives including appointed offices. I don't think there is any big deal about this anyway. Even in far away Europe and America, UK, Spain etc, Nigerians of various ethnicity are holding various offices. As a matter of fact, a Nigerian woman vied for the presidency in Spain. So, if Nigerians can contest for offices in far away Europe and America, what is the big deal in Vying for office in any parts of Nigeria you reside at? However, It's an irony that the same people who celebrated, when people of Eastern origin won election in South West, are the same people calling for the head of a Northerner who is contesting in the east. The kind of freedom and acceptability igbo's are enjoying outside their region is not being replicated back home. Igbo's enjoy elective position outside Igbo land, but when none Igbo attempt to contest for office, it is regarded as taboo. This kind of attitude from some Igbo people is very disgusting. More than anything, it is hurting the Igbo's than they know. May God open the mind of some ignorant people to reason, so we can all enjoy the dividend of democracy.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: RE: Hausa man contesting for counserlorship in PDP in Ebonyi state by Chinachriss(m): 2:03am On Mar 15, 2017
thank you bro for speaking my mind. let them check the records, some of our Igbo peeps are councillors in Lagos state. We should stop all this hypocrisy.
Re: RE: Hausa man contesting for counserlorship in PDP in Ebonyi state by mrrights: 8:17am On Mar 15, 2017
It's really disheartening to see how some of our Igbo brothers act so ignorantly and abusively towards others, yet they want better treatment from others
Re: RE: Hausa man contesting for counserlorship in PDP in Ebonyi state by Ngokafor(f): 8:47am On Mar 15, 2017
@op you guys should take it easy with your hypocrisy...i as an Igbo woman do not have a problem with the Hausaman contesting because obviously its where his tribesmen are dominant(perhaps) same thing with the Igbos you all claim contest in Lagos or Kano....

....Apart from where Igbos are dominant,i dont see any Igboman winning in areas Yorubas or Hausas dominate..

....Stop this nonsense hypocrisy cos i know how much Yorubas from osun,ogun,oyo,ekiti,ondo complain and gnash their teeth on this forum about those Igbos that won in Lagos,unfortunately there is nothing they can do cos Igbos are dominant in those. areas...They are forced to accept those Legislatures because democracy is a game of numbers not because of their 'open-mindedness like you claim..same with Kano.

...Nigerian politics is all about tribes,from top to bottom so dont fool yourselves into thinking you lots are different...You are not!!!..and i have loads of proof for that.

....P.s the brother WAHEED example you gave is not enough. because he is a muslim like them.

4 Likes

Re: RE: Hausa man contesting for counserlorship in PDP in Ebonyi state by Nobody: 9:38am On Mar 15, 2017
Ngokafor:

@op you guys should take it easy with your hypocrisy...i as an Igbo woman do not have a problem with the Hausaman contesting because obviously its where his tribesmen are dominant(perhaps) same thing with the Igbos you all claim contest in Lagos or Kano....

....Apart from where Igbos are dominant,i dont see any Igboman winning in areas Yorubas or Hausas dominate..

....Stop this nonsense hypocrisy cos i know how much Yorubas from osun,ogun,oyo,ekiti,ondo complain and gnash their teeth on this forum about those Igbos that won in Lagos,unfortunately there is nothing they can do cos Igbos are dominant in those. areas...They are forced to accept those Legislatures because democracy is a game of numbers not because of their 'open-mindedness like you claim..same with Kano.

...Nigerian politics is all about tribes,from top to bottom so dont fool yourselves into thinking you lots are different...You are not!!!..and i have loads of proof for that.

....P.s the brother WAHEED example you gave is not enough. because he is a muslim like them.
Your hypocrisy stinks to the high heavens, continue displaying your ignorance, Is Lagos igbo land?? Yet we have our people contesting and winning various political positions. Ben Akabueze an Igbo man like u and I was a comissioner in Lagos, Ogun state governor just swore in an Igbo man as a permanent secretary in Ogun state. Keep bringing shame to the Igbo nation with all diz useless utterances.
Let the hausa man go to the polls, if he is loved by the people there let him win, what is good for the goose is good for the gander.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: RE: Hausa man contesting for counserlorship in PDP in Ebonyi state by mrrights: 10:03am On Mar 15, 2017
Hum
Re: RE: Hausa man contesting for counserlorship in PDP in Ebonyi state by neoguru7: 10:10am On Mar 15, 2017
Re: RE: Hausa man contesting for counserlorship in PDP in Ebonyi state by Neoguru1: 10:15am On Mar 15, 2017
mrrights:
Few hours ago, I saw an interesting post on nairaland front page. It's about a Hausa man vying for counselorship position in his place of residence in South East, Ebonyi state. Apart from the high level of ignorance displayed by many of the commentators who are mostly from a particular section of the country, the post also shows how greedy and ignorant some people can be. It is so disgusting to an extent that one began to wonder whether those people writing those comments were actually citizens of Nigeria. You will also be forced to ask yourself whether those people actually know what the law says and whether Indeed, these are Nigerian students and graduates. While I was in Kano, I know of many Yoruba and Igbo people that contested to various elective positions during election. One particular person that come to mind is brother Waheed, who gained wide acceptance. Some of his Hausa admirers in the area composed a song for him to increase his acceptability. Part of the song goes this way : Waheedi mu ke so, ci ma Dan Kano ne. Meaning, Waheedi is who we want, he his also from Kano. Kano is the heart of Northern state and people from other parts of the country are free to contest for elections without abuse. As we are speaking right now, people from Eastern parts of the country are holding various elective offices in South West, Lagos. From state house of Assembly to federal house of Representatives including appointed offices. I don't think there is any big deal about this anyway. Even in far away Europe and America, UK, Spain etc, Nigerians of various ethnicity are holding various offices. As a matter of fact, a Nigerian woman vied for the presidency in Spain. So, if Nigerians can contest for offices in far away Europe and America, what is the big deal in Vying for office in any parts of Nigeria you reside at? However, It's an irony that the same people who celebrated, when people of Eastern origin won election in South West, are the same people calling for the head of a Northerner who is contesting in the east. The kind of freedom and acceptability igbo's are enjoying outside their region is not being replicated back home. Igbo's enjoy elective position outside Igbo land, but when none Igbo attempt to contest for office, it is regarded as taboo. This kind of attitude from some Igbo people is very disgusting. More than anything, it is hurting the Igbo's than they know. May God open the mind of some ignorant people to reason, so we can all enjoy the dividend of democracy.
dividend of democracy? More like dividend of terrorism, how many times have you heard Igbos or other sensible tribes waging war against other people? In case you dont know, hausa-fulani terrorist just killed at least six people in benue making the governor give a 48hr notice for all herdsmen to leave 2 LGAs, do you think that is foolish?

If you unite a lion and an antelope, the antelope will end up in the stomach of the lion.

If you keep a paedophile and a girl, she can never be safe.

The violence of this people is second to none.

Immigrants from many parts of the world are living in peace in europe and america but immediately a certain people entered bombs started going off.

Learn from other people's mistake and stop being politically correct.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: RE: Hausa man contesting for counserlorship in PDP in Ebonyi state by Ngokafor(f): 10:19am On Mar 15, 2017
ovadozes:

Your hypocrisy stinks to the high heavens, continue displaying your ignorance, Is Lagos igbo land?? Yet we have our people contesting and winning various political positions. Ben Akabueze an Igbo man like u and I was a comissioner in Lagos, Ogun state governor just swore in an Igbo man as a permanent secretary in Ogun state. Keep bringing shame to the Igbo nation with all diz useless utterances.
Let the hausa man go to the polls, if he is loved by the people there let him win, what is good for the goose is good for the gander.

...Barking like a rabid dog and pretending to be Igbo yet calling me a hypocrite will not remove the facts i have laid out..

.....You guys are not as open-minded like you pretend to be and thats a fact.

.You are open-minded yet supported your Oba of Lagos when he threatned Igbos with Lagoon if they fail to vote APC...Your American-based cardiologist Dr Ariyo comes to mind.

..You are open-minded yet its on record that you follks are the only ones in Nigeria that carried placards the other day calling for Igbos who have done you no wrong in Lagos to leave..almost akin to what the zulus in South Africa does.

..The Hausaman can only win if he is contesting in areas dominated by Hausas,same as the Igbomen won in areas dominated by Igbos in Lagos and Kano..period.

.....You can do absolutely nothing about those Igbo Lagos legislatures because their contituents are predominantly Igbos,same as Sabon-Gari(strangers quaters undecided ) in Kano...hence their elections .No credit goes to you guys..sorry.

...No matter how much you bark and pretend,tribal affiliations comes first in Nigerian politics...fact.

1 Like

Re: RE: Hausa man contesting for counserlorship in PDP in Ebonyi state by mrrights: 10:26am On Mar 15, 2017
Re: RE: Hausa man contesting for counserlorship in PDP in Ebonyi state by Austin4lif: 11:12am On Mar 15, 2017
I am igbo and also the youth leader of labour Party in kaduna. Let shun tribalism and our nation will progress.
Re: RE: Hausa man contesting for counserlorship in PDP in Ebonyi state by Nobody: 11:47am On Mar 15, 2017
Ngokafor:

...Barking like a rabid dog and pretending to be Igbo yet calling me a hypocrite will not remove the facts i have laid out..

.....You guys are not as open-minded like you pretend to be and thats a fact.

.You are open-minded yet supported your Oba of Lagos when he threatned Igbos with Lagoon if they fail to vote APC...Your American-based cardiologist Dr Ariyo comes to mind.

..You are open-minded yet its on record that you follks are the only ones in Nigeria that carried placards the other day calling for Igbos who have done you no wrong in Lagos to leave..almost akin to what the zulus in South Africa does.

..The Hausaman can only win if he is contesting in areas dominated by Hausas,same as the Igbomen won in areas dominated by Igbos in Lagos and Kano..period.

.....You can do absolutely nothing about those Igbo Lagos legislatures because their contituents are predominantly Igbos,same as Sabon-Gari(strangers quaters undecided ) in Kano...hence their elections .No credit goes to you guys..sorry.

...No matter how much you bark and pretend,tribal affiliations comes first in Nigerian politics...fact.
you cannot be more catholic than the pope
Oburu na uche gi zuru ezu ijiri nwayo mechie onu gi maka na obu nkogheri ka i na eme
There is nothing bad that an Hausa man is contesting an election in Igbo land, if he is popular let him win, what are u afraid of? You cited that d areas Igbos won electios are where they are predominant what if where the hausa man is contesting the election is like a Gariki where Hausa people are predominant.
Talking balderash like a common markeg woman doesn't show u have sense.

2 Likes

Re: RE: Hausa man contesting for counserlorship in PDP in Ebonyi state by mrrights: 7:45pm On Mar 15, 2017
True
Re: RE: Hausa man contesting for counserlorship in PDP in Ebonyi state by mrrights: 9:44am On Mar 16, 2017
tongue
Re: RE: Hausa man contesting for counserlorship in PDP in Ebonyi state by ucheo: 9:59am On Mar 16, 2017
They are plain stupid. I reside in that ward it is dominated by Hausa community. From time immemorial that Slot is reserved for them .
Same applies for mosque Rd ward in Aba.
Re: RE: Hausa man contesting for counserlorship in PDP in Ebonyi state by Dedetwo(m): 10:09am On Mar 16, 2017
mrrights:

The bolded is the major issue at stake with the thoughtfulness of the above post. Brother Waheed according you is an Igbo, does he not have Igbo name. If indeed he has an Igbo, why campaigning under the assumed name of Waheed? We must shun pretense in Nigeria because it makes Nigerians insincere bunch of goons.
Re: RE: Hausa man contesting for counserlorship in PDP in Ebonyi state by comos: 10:19am On Mar 16, 2017
Rita Orji is from Imo state but represent Ajeromi-Ifelodun Federal Constituency of Lagos in Federal House of Assembly,

Nwule is from the east and represent Oshodi I, constituency in the Lagos state House of Assembly.

Igbo people, what is you say about the above statement
Re: RE: Hausa man contesting for counserlorship in PDP in Ebonyi state by mrrights: 2:50pm On Mar 16, 2017
Dedetwo:

The bolded is the major issue at stake with the thoughtfulness of the above post. Brother Waheed according you is an Igbo, does he not have Igbo name. If indeed he has an Igbo, why campaigning under the assumed name of Waheed? We must shun pretense in Nigeria because it makes Nigerians insincere bunch of goons.
Can you read properly at all? If you have eyes problem, please get a glass

(1) (Reply)

Ndume Is Not Fit As Senator. He Is A Disaster In The Senate / The Soul That Sinneth Shall Die Masha Allah Amin / If U Ve Watched These Movies And You Are Still Single, Pls Go And Mingle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.