Stats: 3,171,181 members, 7,880,683 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 02:09 AM

Protest Against Hamid Ali In Onitsha (Photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Protest Against Hamid Ali In Onitsha (Photos) (29760 Views)

'Nigeria Lost One Trillion In 2016 Due To Hamid Ali's Incompetence':Dino Melaye / Senators Walk Out On Hamid Ali, Customs Boss During A Meeting (pics) / Nuhu Ribadu, Hamid Ali Tipped To Replace Magu At EFCC (2) (3) (4)

Re: Protest Against Hamid Ali In Onitsha (Photos) by saintmark88(m): 12:51pm On Mar 15, 2017
I hate hameed Ali he has seized all our containers carrying contraband, r we D first to bring in contraband, y will he seize our contra band, even our ammunition we imported foe election he siezed it.... Man way no dey wear uniform, mayb because he doesn't wear uniform that's y he is not taking bribes, okay he must wear uniform oooooooooooo.

Ali wear uniform or go

Re: Protest Against Hamid Ali In Onitsha (Photos) by 2b400: 12:51pm On Mar 15, 2017
Re: Protest Against Hamid Ali In Onitsha (Photos) by thinkdip(m): 12:56pm On Mar 15, 2017
Dejijossy:

You are very wrong.
It is illegal to buy a car without a valid custom duty. Any vehicle without illegal a valid custom duty should be impounded.
On the road abi? what happened to the boders. The customs protect the boders not the city. So their job starts and stops at the boders alright. The moment my car gets to the boder you ask for my duty not when i'm driving it on the road alrady.

Re: Protest Against Hamid Ali In Onitsha (Photos) by EAZY2422(m): 12:56pm On Mar 15, 2017
KINGwax007:
As usual, you shld protest aagaisnt him for doing the right job...

Monkeys!!!
and you foolishly didn't tell us what the right job is that he is doing.or do you mean to tell us that your parents wasted their resources on you?

Re: Protest Against Hamid Ali In Onitsha (Photos) by KINGwax007(m): 12:56pm On Mar 15, 2017
nopains:

Ewu, it is obvious u never own a car in ur miserable life. lowlife calling car owners monkeys.
get out of here, this matter pass u. go and look for garri to soak first.
are u done? Just try and hold on to something before stroke catch u

Re: Protest Against Hamid Ali In Onitsha (Photos) by Bashirum94(m): 12:57pm On Mar 15, 2017
its not surprising that some people are protesting against hamid Ali in one of the Biafra land.

Re: Protest Against Hamid Ali In Onitsha (Photos) by KINGwax007(m): 12:57pm On Mar 15, 2017
EAZY2422:
and you foolishly didn't tell us what the right job is that he is doing.or do you mean to tell us that your parents wasted their resources on you?
having no respect for one's parent is expected to permeates within ur smelly character.., but don't overstep ur boundary o

Re: Protest Against Hamid Ali In Onitsha (Photos) by emmy5050(m): 12:59pm On Mar 15, 2017
WEARING OF CUSTOMS UNIFORM BY COMPTROLLER GENERAL: THE LEGAL PERSPECTIVE BY EZEKIEL VEM OFOU, ESQ.

On Tuesday, the 14th of March 2017 being my birthday, the social media was awash with reports that Col Hameed Ibrahim Ali Rtd wrote a letter to the Senate President intimating the distinguished senators that he will not be able to honour the senate’s invitation to appear before it on Wednesday the 15th of March 2017. The letter was reportedly signed by an Assistant Comptroller General; an act, the senators considered to have undermined their resolution. The senate had earlier directed the Comptroller General to ensure that he appears before it on Wednesday with ‘proper custom uniform’. The uniform directive became necessary in view of the fact that since his appointment as Comptroller General of Customs, Col Hameed Ali (Rtd), has never worn the custom uniform. In his second letter to the senate personally signed by him on Tuesday 14th March 2017, Col Hameed Ali advised the senate to avail itself of the legal basis of its decision to compel him to wear uniform. He further hinted the senate that he is seeking legal advice on the uniform issue so as to enable him and the senate to operate within the legal proper framework. This write up is to x-ray the legal position as to whether it is compulsory for a comptroller General of Custom to wear custom uniform.
The Customs & Excise Management Act (CEMA) Cap 45, Law of the Federation of Nigeria, 2004 vests Legal Authority in the Nigeria Customs Service to act on behalf of the Federal Government of Nigeria in all Customs matters. CEMA is the guiding law in relation to customs matters. Sadly, the Act seems to be silent as to whether it is compulsory for the Comptroller General of Custom to wear uniform. It is this perceived silence and lack of clear statutory provision that has necessitated the current brouhaha and muzzle flexing between the senate and the Comptroller General of Customs. It is to be noted that a subsidiary regulation to the Act- i.e. The CUSTOMS AND EXCISE PREVENTIVE SERVICE REGULATIONS makes reference to uniform. Regulation 31 of the subsidiary legislation provides that Clothing and equipment shall be of such pattern and worn in such manner as the Board shall determine.

The said regulation is undoubtedly making reference to uniform to be worn by officers of the Nigeria Customs. The primary legislation defined Officer as any person employed in the Nigerian Customs Service, or for the time being performing duties in relation to customs or excise.

Unarguably, the Comptroller General of Customs is an officer and Regulation 31 of the subsidiary legislation says "clothing shall be of such pattern and worn by officers as the board shall determine". The Board being referred to in the Act is the Nigeria Customs Service Board being chaired by the Honorable Minister of finance. Interestingly, the Comptroller General of Customs is the Deputy Chairman of the board. Both of them are to preside over the board that determines clothing {uniform}.

It is yet to be established whether the Board in its discretion has excused the Comptroller General from wearing uniform in view of the fact that he is a retired soldier. Until this is proven, the Comptroller General being an officer is bound to wear the custom uniform. I hold the view that drafters of CEMA never envisaged that the Comptroller General of Customs will ever be appointed outside of the service.
In 2015, when President Buhari appointed Col Hameed Ibrahim Ali to head the Nigeria Customs Service, most Nigerians were dazed as they wonder why no professional was handpicked from within the system. Many say it is an appointment in error primarily because Customs administration the world over is more of a professional than a political set up. They argue that any greenhorn has much learning to do and would really drag the sector behind during the period of study. It is the second time a total stranger to the service will be so appointed to head the Nigerian Customs. The first was Brigadier General Ango who was appointed as Comptroller General of Customs while he was still serving in the Army. The Service was said to have been at its lowest ebb under this ‘stranger’. Today, the Nigerian Customs is about repeating history as another total ‘stranger’ currently steers the helm of affairs of the Nig customs generating unnecessary controversy as expected from a greenhorn. Nigerians would have been spared this trouble if President Buhari had appointed a Comptroller General within the service.
Upon assumption of office as Comptroller General of Customs, Col Hameed Ibrahim Ali Rtd emphasized that he will ensure the strict application of Customs and Excise Management Act (CEMA) CAP-C45 Laws of Federation of Nigeria (LFN) as amended 2004, Customs codes, Extant Laws and Federal government’s circulars in all customs operations, through training and re-training of officers and men on how to apply them in their day to day operations. This is the time for him to work the talk. I urge him to abide by these extant laws and commence wearing of uniform. When you are in Rome, you must behave as a Roman. It is an error for him to argue that he was not appointed to wear uniform. He has repeatedly argued that the National Assembly should be concerned about his performance and not lack of uniform. He must however know that professionals are mindful of the processes that produce the products.

Uniform creates a professional business image, improve security, foster team spirit amongst the rank and file of the Nigerian Customs. The uniform helps to instill a sense of pride and responsibility. If he considers himself above the uniform, he may as well tow the path of honour and resign from the position. If you don't want a tail of a monkey to touch you then don't attend the monkey dance. Finally, I urge the National Assembly to amend the Customs and Excise Mgt Act and expressly provide for wearing of Uniform by CG whether appointed from within or imported from Association of Retired Old Soldiers. I REST MY CASE.
Re: Protest Against Hamid Ali In Onitsha (Photos) by Nobody: 1:00pm On Mar 15, 2017
No more corner corner importing
Re: Protest Against Hamid Ali In Onitsha (Photos) by cstr151: 1:04pm On Mar 15, 2017
Isn't it funny how all the brain-dead afonjas are shouting IPOB on this thread. Dividing their useless naijeria just the same way their useless President did and is reaping the consequences.
Legitimate Importers who contribute more to Nigeria than all these amala eaters combined are leveling a complaint and a displeasure at the incompetence of the so-called Customs Boss, and all they do is shout IPOB.
And there is actually nothing wrong with being IPOB- It has a greater legitimacy than Nigeria will ever have.
It is just weird seeing afonja idiotts who yap about how igbos should embrace one naijeria and how the majority of igbos are not for IPOB, turning around and labelling them all as IPOB for their own bigoted reasons.
It is even more weird if their Idea of one naijeria is a Nigeria where everybody supports Buhari and his uttter uselessness. A complete banana republic.

Re: Protest Against Hamid Ali In Onitsha (Photos) by EAZY2422(m): 1:04pm On Mar 15, 2017
KINGwax007:
having no respect for one's parent is expected to permeates within ur smelly character.., but don't overstep ur boundary o
first of...i neva disrespected anyones parent i'll never do that.and secondly it was just a yes or no answer simple.

Re: Protest Against Hamid Ali In Onitsha (Photos) by NOETHNICITY(m): 1:04pm On Mar 15, 2017
Maduawuchukwu:
A group of Nigerians protest against a CG whose policies they don't like as it affects their business and some pple as insulting the Igbo. Later they will say Igbo pple are the first to begin ethnic insults on this thread.
No matter hw much you hate the progres of the Igbo nation must continue.
Are Ibos the only ones doing business in Nigeria.
When did it become a bad policy to compel pple to pay duty for imported guds?
Could u pls highest the policies that re negatively affecting their businesses?
Re: Protest Against Hamid Ali In Onitsha (Photos) by Emmaokechi: 1:06pm On Mar 15, 2017
A leader should lead by example.
Re: Protest Against Hamid Ali In Onitsha (Photos) by Nobody: 1:07pm On Mar 15, 2017
Wiseandtrue:

What? Your importer-of-fake-drugs boyfriend is affected? Stupid wailer

Re: Protest Against Hamid Ali In Onitsha (Photos) by cstr151: 1:08pm On Mar 15, 2017
NOETHNICITY:
Who cares about the opinion and grievances of ipork piglets on the issue of CGC?
They shud know that their protest in whatever form is inconsequential.
If they ve any issue of corruption allegation against the CGC then we will take them serious.
Look at this nitwit. IPOB does not give a flying fuccck about your country.
The people protesting are the ones foolishly holding on to a phantom hope of a great Nigeria.
No ethnicity indeed.

Re: Protest Against Hamid Ali In Onitsha (Photos) by enshi(m): 1:12pm On Mar 15, 2017
I just passed there, the protest is stayed jorh
Re: Protest Against Hamid Ali In Onitsha (Photos) by lonelydora: 1:17pm On Mar 15, 2017
thinkdip:
He should go, his policies are demonic and causing hardship to the Nigerian masses.
"I have already gotten my car and you want to come again to ask for custom duty inside the country, I don't understand at all"

He is announcing their incompetency
Re: Protest Against Hamid Ali In Onitsha (Photos) by hebex12(m): 1:21pm On Mar 15, 2017
seunmsg:
No more protest for actualization of Biafra and release of Kanu. It's now Hameed Ali must go. grin

Someone better advice these jokers to channel their energies into something more productive. This time wasting protest won't achieve anything.

God abeg dash this zombie some sense
Re: Protest Against Hamid Ali In Onitsha (Photos) by Maduawuchukwu(m): 1:39pm On Mar 15, 2017
NOETHNICITY:
Are Ibos the only ones doing business in Nigeria.
When did it become a bad policy to compel pple to pay duty for imported guds?
Could u pls highest the policies that re negatively affecting their businesses?
You should cure this your hatred for Igbo pple before it kills you. The crux of the matter is that pple have the right to protest regardless of their ethnicity and u cannot put an ethnic toga on them when they exercise their rights.

Re: Protest Against Hamid Ali In Onitsha (Photos) by Baroba(m): 1:43pm On Mar 15, 2017
oyb:
No more corner corner importing

For this Nijeria?? I laff in Swahili grin
Re: Protest Against Hamid Ali In Onitsha (Photos) by objobj: 1:48pm On Mar 15, 2017
bettercreature:
Lol as if they have a say in this government
Useless 5% for that matter
5% wey no fit decide anything
See them in black as if they are mourning their Papa
Fraustrated flat headed buffons

LOL
Re: Protest Against Hamid Ali In Onitsha (Photos) by omenkaLives(m): 1:53pm On Mar 15, 2017
seunmsg:
No more protest for actualization of Biafra and release of Kanu. It's now Hameed Ali must go. grin

Someone better advice these jokers to channel their energies into something more productive. This time wasting protest won't achieve anything.
That biafra crap has been proven to be a mere street exercise. No grit whatsoever.
Re: Protest Against Hamid Ali In Onitsha (Photos) by NOETHNICITY(m): 2:15pm On Mar 15, 2017
Maduawuchukwu:

You should cure this your hatred for Igbo pple before it kills you. The crux of the matter is that pple have the right to protest regardless of their ethnicity and u cannot put an ethnic toga on them when they exercise their rights.
I asked some sane and legitimate questions and instead of u to answer them u brought ethnicity into the issue.
Answer the questions and stop being sentimental.
1.Are Ibos the only ones doing business in Nigeria?

2.When did it become a bad policy to compel pple to pay
duty for imported guds?

3.Could u pls highlight the policies that re negatively
affecting their businesses?
Re: Protest Against Hamid Ali In Onitsha (Photos) by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 2:28pm On Mar 15, 2017
id911:
He is occupying that post illegally. All of you people clapping and hailing this govt illegality, one day a president from another tribe would appoint a man o'war or even a civilian to be police ig or chief of naval staff or even the chief of army staff and nothing will happen

hahaha Igbos protesting because the CGC does not allow them bring in their fake goods into the country anymore hahaha..
Re: Protest Against Hamid Ali In Onitsha (Photos) by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 2:29pm On Mar 15, 2017
thinkdip:
He should go, his policies are demonic and causing hardship to the Nigerian masses.
"I have already gotten my car and you want to come again to ask for custom duty inside the country, I don't understand at all"

Did your car have genuine documents?

hahaha Igbos no go kill person ooo haha.
Re: Protest Against Hamid Ali In Onitsha (Photos) by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 2:29pm On Mar 15, 2017
crestedaguiyi:

zombie what is the right thing that he has don that they are protesting against .

He stopped them from bringing in their fake and contraband goods into the country hahha..

Wail on jare wailing zombie..
Re: Protest Against Hamid Ali In Onitsha (Photos) by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 2:30pm On Mar 15, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:
hahahahaha

President is 90 years

Custom Boss is 98

Why won't Nigeria be operating as a stupid old country?

Failed state!!

Bush boy try get sense hahah,..

Re: Protest Against Hamid Ali In Onitsha (Photos) by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 2:32pm On Mar 15, 2017
Wiseandtrue:
He should leave please. We are enduring PMB and now him? It will be too much!

And why do you want him to leave? Is he doing a very good job so why should he leave?
Re: Protest Against Hamid Ali In Onitsha (Photos) by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 2:46pm On Mar 15, 2017
[quote author=sekundosekundo post=54610863][/quote]

Is that a picture of you and your Dad?
Re: Protest Against Hamid Ali In Onitsha (Photos) by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 2:50pm On Mar 15, 2017
thinkdip:

On the road abi? what happened to the boders. The customs protect the boders not the city. So their job starts and stops at the boders alright. The moment my car gets to the boder you ask for my duty not when i'm driving it on the road alrady.

And why did some law enforcement request for your car documents on the road since you have been driving it? Oga the law must stand..
Re: Protest Against Hamid Ali In Onitsha (Photos) by loopman: 2:53pm On Mar 15, 2017
Biafrans have turned street protest into a favourite pastime grin cheesy

Re: Protest Against Hamid Ali In Onitsha (Photos) by Splashme: 3:11pm On Mar 15, 2017
thinkdip:

Herdsmen Attacks: Defend Yourself By Traditional Means - Afenifere Tells Yorubas / Viola Onwuliri's Son Beats Wife, Locks Her Up In The Bathroom - Pointblanknews / Buhari Cancels Medical Trip To London, Invites Physicians To Nigeria

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53