Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,735 members, 7,945,302 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 01:58 PM

Headphone Batteries Explode On Flight To Australia - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Headphone Batteries Explode On Flight To Australia (392 Views)

A Touching Documentary On Flight Officer Tolulope Arotile - ( Video ) / Three Tankers Explode On Lagos-ibadan Expressway / Client’s Breasts Explode In Tattooist’s Face..watch Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Headphone Batteries Explode On Flight To Australia by Chiditron: 12:03pm On Mar 15, 2017
The headphone of a female air traveller caught fire on an Australia bound plane and suffered burns in her face and hands.

Australian officials reported on Wednesday as they warned about the dangers of battery-operated devices in-flight.

The passenger was listening to music on her own battery-operated headphones as she dozed about two hours into the trip from Beijing to Melbourne on February 19 when there was a loud explosion.

“As I went to turn around I felt burning on my face,” the woman said “I grabbed them off and threw them on the floor. They were sparking and had small amounts of fire.”

“As I went to turn around I felt burning on my face,” she told the Australian Transport Safety Bureau (ATSB) which investigated the incident, AFP reported on Wednesday.

“I just grabbed my face which caused the headphones to go around my neck. I continued to feel burning so I grabbed them off and threw them on the floor.

“They were sparking and had small amounts of fire.”

Flight attendants rushed to help and poured a bucket of water on the headphones, but the battery and its cover had both melted and stuck to the floor.

Fellow passengers had to endure the smell of melted plastic, burnt electronics and singed hair for the remainder of the flight.

See more http://www.womanlycare.com/headphone-batteries-explode-flight-australia/

Re: Headphone Batteries Explode On Flight To Australia by TruthHurts1(m): 12:05pm On Mar 15, 2017
I THOUGHT AIRLINES HAVE A LIST OF PROHIBITED ELECTRONIC APPLIANCES WHICH ARE BANNED FROM BEING USED ON A PLANE WHILE IT IS IN FLIGHT

Rechargeable battery safety hints for airline passengers

If you are not going to use a device in flight, keep it turned off , and consider taking steps to prevent inadvertent activation. For example, you could tape the on-off switch in the "off" position.

Keep spare batteries, and batteries installed in devices you will not use in flight, at a less than a fully charged state, no greater than 30% of its maximum capacity.

Buy batteries from reputable sources and only use batteries approved for your device. Also, avoid batteries that you think may be a counterfeit since they may not be manufactured to the proper safety specifications.

Do not carry recalled, dead, or damaged batteries on aircraft. If you suspect that your battery has been recalled, check the manufacturer's website, or with an appropriate organization such as the Consumer Product Safety Commission.

Avoid crushing, puncturing, or putting a high degree of pressure on any battery, as this can cause an internal short-circuit, resulting in overheating.

(1) (Reply)

2 Easy Steps To Discover Facebook Profile And Page ID / 2015 Budget: FG Disbursed Only N362 Bn For Capital Expenditure–frc Report / Please Let Me Resurrect My Wife-kenya Pastor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.