Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,554 members, 7,972,093 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 11:29 PM

Rescued Banks: Cbn Receives Interests From Potential Bidders - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Rescued Banks: Cbn Receives Interests From Potential Bidders (586 Views)

Banks: "CBN Is Choking Economy With FX Restrictions" / The Preferred Bidders For Phcn Assets Is Made Public / Nigeria:ex-british Petroleum's Ceo Leads Bidders For $4b Shell Oil Fields (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rescued Banks: Cbn Receives Interests From Potential Bidders by SKYQUEST(m): 4:47pm On Dec 18, 2009
Barring any unforeseen circumstance, some of the rescued banks will soon be sold to investors before the end of the year.

This follows the admission by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), that it had received interest from several potential bidders for stakes in some of the 10 banks it was seeking to recapitalise following a N640 billion bailout earlier this year.

The CBN had set Thursday deadline for potential bidders to register expressions of interest, a move to test the appetite for acquisitions as the regulator sought to reshape Nigeria‘s banking landscape.

Speaking in Ghana on Thursday, the CBN governor, Mallam Lamido Sanusi, confirmed that the apex bank had indeed received some bids for the rescued banks, stressing that it would make public, further developments on the issue.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/18122009/news/news5.html

I hope we shalln't go back to status quo when the court start overturning some acquisitions in the banking sector. There are lot of shortcomings in the applauded CBN intervention. Time will tell.
Re: Rescued Banks: Cbn Receives Interests From Potential Bidders by odedele: 8:39am On Dec 21, 2009
i think some of d bank has d potential to grow as a single entity i e finbank .d shareholder should b allowed 2 recarpitalise d bank instead of M or A

(1) (Reply)

I Need Bix Advise / M & E Engineer / To Movie Produecrs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.