Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,702 members, 7,965,657 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 06:03 PM

Toyota 4runner Question. - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Toyota 4runner Question. (683 Views)

SOLD! 2004/05 Toyota 4runner Limited 4WD Available Toks. / 2004 -2009 Toyota 4Runner tokunbo vin included in Ibadan / NO LONGER AVAILABLE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Toyota 4runner Question. by Obiohai: 7:40am On Mar 16, 2017
I bought a 2010 Toyota 4runner and I have questions about operation of things in the car.
1. The yellow lights on the bumper and the one by the headlamp comes on when you start the car but when you put on headlamps, they go off. Is this normal??
2. When you put reverse, the camera cuts off audio to show the back. Is this the way it's supposed to work?
3. The air condition system never powers up immediately you start the car. It takes about 2 or 3 minutes before the A/C panel lights up indicating when its ready for operation.

If these are abnormal, what could do and where could I go to fix them. I stay in Port Harcourt.

The car moves well on the road even on the highway. Petrol consumption is, to me, normal for a car that size. Thanks, in advance for your comments and suggestions.
Re: Toyota 4runner Question. by 1stNumeroUno: 9:44am On Mar 16, 2017
Op sir...that's a great car you have there
My submissions below are just my thought o.
1. I think the headlight run as soon as you powered the engine (either day or night). That's common with recent US specs. But its going off when you on it - we'll wait for experts on that.
2. The audio going off when you engage the reverse gear...hmm, I think its to avoid distraction.
3. Normally it's not ideal to power your AC immediately you get into the car because you're give additional load. So, its good to let the engine run awhile (even to the normal temperature on your odometer) before putting AC on. Also, let all the trapped air in the car out first before switching on the AC. I suspect that's the reason for the delay.

3 Likes

Re: Toyota 4runner Question. by obinna222: 1:03pm On Jun 22, 2017
Obiohai:
I bought a 2010 Toyota 4runner and I have questions about operation of things in the car.
1. The yellow lights on the bumper and the one by the headlamp comes on when you start the car but when you put on headlamps, they go off. Is this normal??
2. When you put reverse, the camera cuts off audio to show the back. Is this the way it's supposed to work?
3. The air condition system never powers up immediately you start the car. It takes about 2 or 3 minutes before the A/C panel lights up indicating when its ready for operation.

If these are abnormal, what could do and where could I go to fix them. I stay in Port Harcourt.

The car moves well on the road even on the highway. Petrol consumption is, to me, normal for a car that size. Thanks, in advance for your comments and suggestions.

I) Those yellow lights are the day running lights. When the headlamp comes on, the day running lights would normally go off. It's normal in all cars.

2) it appears your reverse camera system installed is an after market one and not the original one from the manufacturer.

3) I suspect your a.c. compressor was changed from the automatic factory installed one to a manual one. So it tends to affect the system.

Hope these would help to answer some of your questions

(1) (Reply)

Reg. Honda CR-V 2009 Model Ogba Ikeja / Cheapest And Veryclean 08 Camry Muscle Forsale 1.9 / Nigeria Used 2005 Acura MDX 1.2m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.