Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,131 members, 7,880,541 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 08:40 PM

Can Nuclear Weapon Mistakenly Strike Nigeria? - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Can Nuclear Weapon Mistakenly Strike Nigeria? (898 Views)

Russia World's Only Floating Nuclear Power Plant Can Power 100000 Nigerian Homes / Lightning And Thunder Strike Cause Panic In Edo State (Photo) / India Shot Down Satellite Making It Only The 4th Country To Test ASAT Weapon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Nuclear Weapon Mistakenly Strike Nigeria? by nijabazaar: 4:49pm On Mar 16, 2017
I am still reeling from a stupid nightmare

I had a queasy dream. I don't know what occasioned it really because i was so sure that I went to bed content. I got no worries on my mind nor did I watch any scifi that might induce such kind of dream in almost a month running.

So last night, I dreamt that I was a survivor of a terrible nuclear aftermath. And in that dream , I had horrible sores but somehow I was okay but everyone I know was sick and we were all huddled under dark enclosures. And somehow, in that dream, I was consciously aware that it was a nuclear attack. even I awoke with the though nuclear hanging in my mind.

The thoughts going through my mind are about which primitive species will take over after our impending nuclear war. It is ludicrous to think that any humans will survive. All those who survive the initial explosions will suffer radiation poisoning and cancers. There will be no food or water distribution, electric power or other fuel for heating shelters. After a short while, humans and other mammals will be gone.

Jesus' statement that the meek shall inherit the earth was misunderstood as a spiritual message about materialism v. humility. Actually it appears he was uttering a prophesy about the next dominant species for this planet -- jellyfish or cockroaches.

2nd question: What can you do to minimize damage, if such an event happens?
Re: Can Nuclear Weapon Mistakenly Strike Nigeria? by adonisgold: 4:53pm On Mar 16, 2017
Rats and cockroaches will survive.

1 Like

Re: Can Nuclear Weapon Mistakenly Strike Nigeria? by Gmajor(m): 5:13pm On Mar 16, 2017
You need malaria meds
Re: Can Nuclear Weapon Mistakenly Strike Nigeria? by hopeforcharles(m): 5:46pm On Mar 16, 2017
[/quote]Actually it appears he was uttering a prophesy about the next dominant species for this planet -- jellyfish or cockroaches. grin cheesy grin
This
This got me laughing hard.
Re: Can Nuclear Weapon Mistakenly Strike Nigeria? by DDon11: 8:38pm On Mar 16, 2017
What he's saying is not rubbish. I,ve been having such dreams.
Re: Can Nuclear Weapon Mistakenly Strike Nigeria? by DDon11: 11:18am On Mar 19, 2017
It's not what the big people are doing. It's what the small ones are doing
Re: Can Nuclear Weapon Mistakenly Strike Nigeria? by nijabazaar: 11:45am On Mar 19, 2017
hmmm, before that dream I use to think that there's no way Nigeria can ever factor in any event involving a Nuclear war, say between china and US but then it neva occurred to me that an 'accidental discharge' might happen and that we might be completely helpless if it should happen.

Do u think Nigeria having a weapon might be a deterent to such 'accidents'?

Is it even good to have a weapon of such catastrophic potent at all?

and after some research, I ve concluded that no matter the no of such weapons deployed......humans might still survive, not just cockroaches.
Re: Can Nuclear Weapon Mistakenly Strike Nigeria? by CTechHub(m): 2:40pm On Mar 19, 2017
hmm this is interesting.... op, I need more of this ur gist....

The way people dream this days ehh?? d thing dey fear me sef, everybody turning prophets smh!
Re: Can Nuclear Weapon Mistakenly Strike Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Mar 19, 2017
Minus the dream part, it is highly unlikely a nuclear missile will "accidentally" hit naija.
That's because Nuclear missile have top notch, state of the art guidance and locking systems coupled with honing devices that make it impossible to deter from its target once it has locked from it.

Second, of what world threat/value does Nigeria have that will make Nuclear countries strike it

Minus Boko Haram, we're very unremarkable and nothing of a threat to world powers so why would they strike us

The only semi- plausible option would be if A Nuclear Sub gets hit close to the coast of Lagos Beach and the resulting radiation spreads inwards.

But that can't happen.

Won't happen.

Hopefully grin.

1 Like

Re: Can Nuclear Weapon Mistakenly Strike Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Mar 21, 2017
I don't think Nigeria is so important to be considered for it in a long time to come.
Re: Can Nuclear Weapon Mistakenly Strike Nigeria? by nijabazaar: 11:18am On Apr 14, 2017
Now Dear Trump had dropped the MOAB in Aghanistan and hez contemplatin North Korea.

hmmmm....
Re: Can Nuclear Weapon Mistakenly Strike Nigeria? by ephraim18(m): 7:25am On Apr 17, 2017
mmmm the whole episode of trump war like attitude is getting me scared. but I think Nigerian government should be on the alert in case anything of such happens. at least to protect themselves. is not a bad idea if Nigeria develop nuclear heads. if N K happened to retalaite to US threatening to of sending missle to the US I don't think trump will forgive them. and China is not making any head way to dissuade NK in any way. God save his pple

(1) (Reply)

How To Activate MTN, Airtel #25 For 500MB / Galaxy S9 Price / Diamond Bank Has Finally Introduced The Simplest Mobile Banking Code

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.