Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,788 members, 7,938,364 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 01:01 AM

Tales Of Struggle: Who Are You? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tales Of Struggle: Who Are You? (359 Views)

Tales Of Abigail / Tales Of A College Boy / Memoir Of A Sex Slave [struggle For Survival] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tales Of Struggle: Who Are You? by Sebastine1994(m): 12:31pm On Mar 17, 2017
Chapter 1
I have come to detest Poverty in my family and my immediate Surroundings. I will give anything and everything to escape this vicious cycle of poverty. I want to be better than my parents.
My elder brothers and friends have Come to accept poverty as their faith and are almost proud to wear it as a badge of honour. It is their alibi for failure. They accused me of becoming proud and pompous when I distance my self from them to think about my future.
I was no longer satisfied with the status-quo. There has got to be a paradigm shift. My elder brother then died in a gun battle with the police after a robbery. People came and consoled us as if my brother was a hero, who has paid the ultimate price in this warfare of class. It is not a sin to take from the rich and give to the poor. We had so many robin hood.
The rich were doing their best to protect their wealth. They live within estate and villages protected by high security fence. So much inequality threatens to tear us apart.

I didn't want to end like all those boys. I wanted to make something meaningful of my life. Children in my ghetto have no dreams or hope for future.
Education was the only way for me to escape poverty. But who will train me. I did menial jobs to survive. The local church became a second home and a Sanctuary for me. I became the priest Favourite son. He doesn't shy to tell people that he sees potential in me. He saw my hunger for knowledge and bought me a library Load of books. The priest was like a father to me.
My thirst for knowledge was unmatched by anybody in my community. The priest enrolled me into a secondary school where I outshined my school mates.
Re: Tales Of Struggle: Who Are You? by souloho19(m): 1:50pm On Mar 17, 2017
Be careful with that priest o!!
Don't sit on his laps I beg u
Re: Tales Of Struggle: Who Are You? by Sebastine1994(m): 8:50am On Mar 18, 2017
Cant you encourage an upcoming writer
Re: Tales Of Struggle: Who Are You? by Nobody: 10:01am On Mar 18, 2017
Nyc Story U Got Here Bt Pls Be Consistent In Yr Update.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Motivation On INSTAGRAM / 20 Schools To Feature In RAN 2017 / Academic Writers are Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.