Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,682 members, 7,905,511 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 01:20 PM

Can I Get A Good Job With My 2nd Class Upper - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Can I Get A Good Job With My 2nd Class Upper (2785 Views)

Want A Good Job In Nigeria? 6 Factors To Consider / Tips To Help You Land A Good Job In 1 Month Or Less / Got A Good Job After Years Of Trying (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Get A Good Job With My 2nd Class Upper by Saintwudi(m): 8:13pm On Mar 18, 2017
I graduated from the department of maritime with a second class upper (4.34) and am as well proficient in Ms word, access, excel and coral draw, coupled with networking.
I will like to no my chances of getting a good job, most especially in the shipping industry after my NYSC.
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Can I Get A Good Job With My 2nd Class Upper by davide470(m): 8:29pm On Mar 18, 2017
Anything is possible.

Apply to the shipping industry as you said but don't limit yourself. Look at other sectors too.
Saintwudi:
I graduated from the department of maritime with a second class upper (4.34) and am as well proficient in Ms word, access, excel and coral draw, coupled with networking.
I will like to no my chances of getting a good job, most especially in the shipping industry after my NYSC.
Thank you

3 Likes

Re: Can I Get A Good Job With My 2nd Class Upper by swazpedro(m): 8:31pm On Mar 18, 2017
the only thing u lack is self believe, u built ur grades n not ur person, sorry to say

6 Likes

Re: Can I Get A Good Job With My 2nd Class Upper by farouk0403(m): 8:58pm On Mar 18, 2017
Just believe in your self
Re: Can I Get A Good Job With My 2nd Class Upper by Saintwudi(m): 9:05pm On Mar 18, 2017
thank you all for d advice and response I appreciate
Re: Can I Get A Good Job With My 2nd Class Upper by woodboi(m): 9:12pm On Mar 18, 2017
Saintwudi:
Thank you

seem like you didn't work for the grade and beside maritime don't need grade, after degree you start seeking for different certification like STCW and co. pending on the aspect you want to focus on. But mostly maritime is about skills, experience and how quick you can learn on the job.

3 Likes

Re: Can I Get A Good Job With My 2nd Class Upper by pweetychyka(f): 9:16pm On Mar 18, 2017
OP... let ur experience work for u! And draw more closer to God cos here in Nigeria, 95% job r based on referral! But believe in God as I earlier said...n d best u shall obtain!

2 Likes

Re: Can I Get A Good Job With My 2nd Class Upper by Nobody: 9:46pm On Mar 18, 2017
Saintwudi:
Thank you

What you do now during NYSC also has it's own part when it comes to landing a Good Job.

So get busy and don't waste 1 year in the name of NYSC
Re: Can I Get A Good Job With My 2nd Class Upper by Nobody: 10:20pm On Mar 18, 2017
What an advert, NO u can't get a job with ur 2.1

So ppl that made 2.2, 3rd class and pass degrees can jettison thier certs abi?

Even with ur 2.1, ur way of making ppl depressed ehh; u don't deserve a pass degree in a rational realm.

Rubbish!

6 Likes

Re: Can I Get A Good Job With My 2nd Class Upper by Saintwudi(m): 12:16am On Mar 20, 2017
woodboi:

seem like you didn't work for the grade and beside maritime don't need grade, after degree you start seeking for different certification like STCW and co. pending on the aspect you want to focus on. But mostly maritime is about skills, experience and how quick you can learn on the job.
I really worked for it... all d same tank u
Re: Can I Get A Good Job With My 2nd Class Upper by Saintwudi(m): 12:18am On Mar 20, 2017
Symphony1:
What an advert, NO u can't get a job with ur 2.1

So ppl that made 2.2, 3rd class and pass degrees can jettison thier certs abi?

Even with ur 2.1, ur way of making ppl depressed ehh; u don't deserve a pass degree in a rational realm.

Rubbish!
it hasn't gotten to dat bro.....its nt jst a job, but a good one. don't forget, in d field of maritime, it's more Dan jst degree, oda tins r involved
thanks all d same
thans
Re: Can I Get A Good Job With My 2nd Class Upper by Saintwudi(m): 12:19am On Mar 20, 2017
DMeanMan:

What you do now during NYSC also has it's own part when it comes to landing a Good Job.

So get busy and don't waste 1 year in the name of NYSC
Nice advice big brother....
so wat nd wat do u fink mite b relevant.
wil appreciate ur response
Re: Can I Get A Good Job With My 2nd Class Upper by Saintwudi(m): 12:20am On Mar 20, 2017
pweetychyka:
OP... let ur experience work for u! And draw more closer to God cos here in Nigeria, 95% job r based on referral! But believe in God as I earlier said...n d best u shall obtain!
thanks dear.... u rite, God first

1 Like

Re: Can I Get A Good Job With My 2nd Class Upper by unwogu: 6:54am On Mar 20, 2017
Some people sabi ask useless questions, you dey ask us are we God
Re: Can I Get A Good Job With My 2nd Class Upper by niyogeol(m): 8:59am On Mar 20, 2017
Congratulations on your graduation, Op. Job hunting in Nigeria is a job in it self.

My 2 cent goes thus: sign up on nogicjqs as soon as possible. It is a portal managed by Nigerian Content Development Monitoring Board. They organise trainings and attachment with companies from time to time.

Note: In the course of the training and consequent attachment, they will pay for any certification(s) you will require to board ships and other facilities. And also note that you will be paid handsomely.

Goodluck in your search.
Re: Can I Get A Good Job With My 2nd Class Upper by pweetiedee(m): 9:15am On Mar 20, 2017
no.
Re: Can I Get A Good Job With My 2nd Class Upper by Nobody: 9:37am On Mar 20, 2017
see question?? so what should those that graduated with 2:2, 3rd class or pass in the dept of maritime now do?
you're just trying to show yourself that you had a 2:1, yeah we get it..

I am 100 percent sure, you didnt work for that grade, because if you did, you wouldn't be asking such question.. you would have gone to get a certification or something.
Re: Can I Get A Good Job With My 2nd Class Upper by apollo13(m): 9:54am On Mar 20, 2017
booqee:
see question?? so what should those that graduated with 2:2, 3rd class or pass in the dept of maritime now do?

I am 100 percent sure, you didnt work for that grade, because if you did, you wouldn't be asking such question.. you would have gone to get a certification or something.
Don't mind him. They'll just be asking silly questions everytime.
Re: Can I Get A Good Job With My 2nd Class Upper by Hassy4(f): 10:25am On Mar 20, 2017
niyogeol:
Congratulations on your graduation, Op. Job hunting in Nigeria is a job in it self.

My 2 cent goes thus: sign up on nogicjqs as soon as possible. It is a portal managed by Nigerian Content Development Monitoring Board. They organise trainings and attachment with companies from time to time.

Note: In the course of the training and consequent attachment, they will pay for any certification(s) you will require to board ships and other facilities. And also note that you will be paid handsomely.

Goodluck in your search.
Wots nogicjqs pls? Can Engineering students register too? And how please? God bless
Re: Can I Get A Good Job With My 2nd Class Upper by Nobody: 12:29pm On Mar 20, 2017
Saintwudi:
Thank you

Yes you CAN.

How?

That's the real question you should be asking
Re: Can I Get A Good Job With My 2nd Class Upper by ucheuzor1(m): 1:29pm On Mar 20, 2017
booqee:

Why not just shut d Bleep u call mouth... If u can't get 2:1, does it mean u have to make those that got it look meaninless?
If u don't have any meaningful advice, just pack in ur delusion OK...
As for my guy, ur result is ok. U hv placed yourself in a position of being employable... Just believe In urself...give a go at every job u see, u might just land urself something cool...
Success!!
Re: Can I Get A Good Job With My 2nd Class Upper by Nobody: 2:26pm On Mar 20, 2017
ucheuzor1:

Why not just shut d Bleep u call mouth... If u can't get 2:1, does it mean u have to make those that got it look meaninless?
If u don't have any meaningful advice, just pack in ur delusion OK...
As for my guy, ur result is ok. U hv placed yourself in a position of being employable... Just believe In urself...give a go at every job u see, u might just land urself something cool...
Success!!
see this mugu? lol

In my case, I know the value of my 2:1, and the last thing I would do is go to Nairaland for reassurance if the 2:1 would fetch me anything good.. what the hell was he doing all those years in school...that he doesn't know the answer to that question. Come on, this is a 2:1!!!!! Even a 2:2 graduate already knows his chance and how to go for it...and you are here talking bullshiit.. except he didn't work for it..

now stup!d, get the f*** off my mention... its not my fault that ur senseless.
Re: Can I Get A Good Job With My 2nd Class Upper by Nobody: 4:33pm On Mar 20, 2017
Saintwudi:

it hasn't gotten to dat bro.....its nt jst a job, but a good one. don't forget, in d field of maritime, it's more Dan jst degree, oda tins r involved
thanks all d same
thans

Ok. my apologies, thanks for not reciprocating d insult. May God help us all in our endeavors...

1 Like

Re: Can I Get A Good Job With My 2nd Class Upper by Saintwudi(m): 10:46pm On Mar 21, 2017
niyogeol:

Goodluck in your search.
Tanx bro.... u too much
u rily made my day...
And as for d haters, I rily don't no wat to say to u Dan to reply u wit dis one.... Thank you

1 Like

Re: Can I Get A Good Job With My 2nd Class Upper by niyogeol(m): 9:19am On Apr 25, 2017
Hassy4:

Wots nogicjqs pls? Can Engineering students register too? And how please? God bless
Yes. Sorry this is coming late. All the best.
Re: Can I Get A Good Job With My 2nd Class Upper by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:23am On Apr 25, 2017
Maritime what?
Re: Can I Get A Good Job With My 2nd Class Upper by GeoOla25(m): 10:56am On Apr 25, 2017
you can't get a job you need first class grade....mumu !

(1) (Reply)

Vacancy! Vacancy!! Vacancy!!! / Ongoing Recruitment At The Anti-corruption Academy Of Nigeria / British High Commission Graduate/Non-graduates Assistants (N387K Monthly)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.