Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,249 members, 7,928,828 topics. Date: Thursday, 22 August 2024 at 10:43 PM

We Are Not Part Of Oduduwa Republic - Ijaws Reply Adebanjo. - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Are Not Part Of Oduduwa Republic - Ijaws Reply Adebanjo. (54657 Views)

Oduduwa Republic: Adeyinka Grandson Replies Osinbjo Using Lagos / Oduduwa Republic: Adeyinka Grandson Said He Will Destroy FG, See Reactions / Yorubas React To YOLICOM Call For ODUDUWA Republic (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Are Not Part Of Oduduwa Republic - Ijaws Reply Adebanjo. by Nobody: 11:20am On Mar 19, 2017
Ugomba:
ijaw lands are in ondo state.
point of correction, ijaw land isn't in ondo state rather, they migrated to ondo state centuries ago to engage in their business of fishing. Ijaws are predominantly fishermen and women and they carry out their fishing activities along the coastal areas the niger-delta, including that of ondo state. Look and the map, it's crystal clear. I don't know why the afenifere leader is jumping the entire edo state to claim ijaw is part of us. It's a joke which everybody should ignore. If he says itsekiri is part of oduduwa, it would have made sense because they migrated from Ondo centuries ago to settle in that area. This is evident in their dialect and likewise their names.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Are Not Part Of Oduduwa Republic - Ijaws Reply Adebanjo. by dacovajnr: 11:21am On Mar 19, 2017
BankeSmalls:

Am ashamed being yoruba too, same tribe as denrele?
Nibo n ile Baba ti e ni Ile yoruba ati wipe ta n Baba ti e?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are Not Part Of Oduduwa Republic - Ijaws Reply Adebanjo. by princetom1(m): 11:23am On Mar 19, 2017
Ugomba:

You mean the ones they are trying to take by force? They have no land in Ondo. Let them return to where they migrated from. They hadn't been anything good in Ondo state but nuisance, Ilaje vs Ijaw comes to mind (Thanks aiyetoro, a developed community that produces alot of what it uses, including electricity and artillery, water, etc

1 Like

Re: We Are Not Part Of Oduduwa Republic - Ijaws Reply Adebanjo. by Exciton(m): 11:23am On Mar 19, 2017
BankeSmalls:

What you wrote here my friend, is a load of unadulterated rubbish.

Oh enlightened one, show me the way!

I'm sure you can do better than a one line non-constructive criticism. Convince me with your superior argument.

2 Likes

Re: We Are Not Part Of Oduduwa Republic - Ijaws Reply Adebanjo. by Nobody: 11:24am On Mar 19, 2017
Tales by moonlight.
Re: We Are Not Part Of Oduduwa Republic - Ijaws Reply Adebanjo. by Snowpikin: 11:25am On Mar 19, 2017
thuggCheetah:
I regret being yoruba

Hahahahahha

Why now

2 Likes

Re: We Are Not Part Of Oduduwa Republic - Ijaws Reply Adebanjo. by Nobody: 11:27am On Mar 19, 2017
Oduduwa trying to steal Egbesu's lands. The small gods are at war.

6 Likes

Re: We Are Not Part Of Oduduwa Republic - Ijaws Reply Adebanjo. by realjoker(m): 11:32am On Mar 19, 2017
DanseMacabre:

You no suppose dey waste this your skill for NL. You suppose turn private investigator or investigative journalist.
Wehdone oga Sherlock Holmes.
Na the guy rebuttal thread I even dey wait for sef, I am very sure that he is going to litter the thread with igberetv made link as his source.
Re: We Are Not Part Of Oduduwa Republic - Ijaws Reply Adebanjo. by Guyman02: 11:32am On Mar 19, 2017
See what Nnamdi Kanu has caused, now he has used his Biafra radio to open the eyes of the Niger Delta people to the antics of the Yorubas.

Now we know why they invade any thread that mentions Nnamdi Kanu with so much bile and bitterness calling his supporters Liepods, Ipod, Biafra bla bla bla

For many years people in the Niger Delta where manipulated to view their long marginalised Igbo neighbours as their enemy while the real enemy is the Yorubas and not even the North.

10 Likes

Re: We Are Not Part Of Oduduwa Republic - Ijaws Reply Adebanjo. by 7lives: 11:33am On Mar 19, 2017
Guestlander:

Ilaje and Ijebu are not Yorubas right? How come Awolowo, an Ijebu man founded the Egbe Omo Oduduwa?

Leave ignorant people alone na, Ijaws don't even know that they are migrants in Ondo state.
The reason the Ijaws are in Ondo state is because Ijaws are riverine dwellers, they migrate to the present day Ondo state and other river banks in Nigeria.
They better start asking their fore fathers how they got to Ondo, before it becomes too late.

9 Likes

Re: We Are Not Part Of Oduduwa Republic - Ijaws Reply Adebanjo. by Nobody: 11:33am On Mar 19, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

WTH? Don't you think this obsession is driving you to insanity?

What obsession?? Look at this zuwo! Cos I mentioned Tonye? Mgbada di ka gi...See this small man.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are Not Part Of Oduduwa Republic - Ijaws Reply Adebanjo. by Nobody: 11:34am On Mar 19, 2017
Snowpikin:

Hahahahahha

Why now

Enjoy nairaland my friend. The guy you quoted speak more Igbo than I do.

1 Like

Re: We Are Not Part Of Oduduwa Republic - Ijaws Reply Adebanjo. by BankeSmalls(f): 11:36am On Mar 19, 2017
Exciton:

Oh enlightened one, show me the way!

I'm sure you can do better than a one line non-constructive criticism. Convince me with your superior argument.

What you seem to support, is a way for people to compromise their cultural identities in favour of a fake nationalism with very very different cultural backgrounds.
I advise you to first change your own culture, learn a new culture and language, marry from another tribe and change your own religion first. Then come back and talk here.

5 Likes

Re: We Are Not Part Of Oduduwa Republic - Ijaws Reply Adebanjo. by aljharem(m): 11:36am On Mar 19, 2017
laiza:
you probably was born yoruba, clearly that was a mistake. Nobody forced you to remain one! The sooner the lot of you leave the earlier we'd know who is remaining. I am proud to be yoruba.....our forefathers might have made mistakes it is therefore left to us to right the wrongs of our heroes past.

That guy is igbo. Lol

3 Likes

Re: We Are Not Part Of Oduduwa Republic - Ijaws Reply Adebanjo. by Adebowale89(m): 11:37am On Mar 19, 2017
KINGOFTHEEAST:
this is a bad time to be an afonja

what an ambiguous and a contradictory comment. what's your adjective "bad" stating?
Re: We Are Not Part Of Oduduwa Republic - Ijaws Reply Adebanjo. by aljharem(m): 11:37am On Mar 19, 2017
laiza:
every tribe gas it's shortcomings and we yorubas and not left out. Now either anyone associates with us or not we'd still gonna be yoruba and a force to reckon with. Quick question tho; what have you done to change that belief?

These people are igbos with Yoruba moniker

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are Not Part Of Oduduwa Republic - Ijaws Reply Adebanjo. by BankeSmalls(f): 11:38am On Mar 19, 2017
Guyman02:
See what Nnamdi Kanu has caused, now he has used hia Biafra radio to open the eyes of the Niger Delta people to the antics of the Yorubas

Nnamdi Kanu is a genius.

11 Likes

Re: We Are Not Part Of Oduduwa Republic - Ijaws Reply Adebanjo. by honourhim: 11:39am On Mar 19, 2017
bantudra:
the same message goes to ipob biafrans too...

una think the delta is divided and can be played anyhow...we deltans have leaders and elders too...

What"s the meaning of Delta? Which language is the word "delta"? People talking about indigenous names here - Ijaw, Yoruba, Igbo etc and you talking stupid delta that was given you by Nigeria government. Abeg park well.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are Not Part Of Oduduwa Republic - Ijaws Reply Adebanjo. by aljharem(m): 11:39am On Mar 19, 2017
franksam2009:
Why this ijaw people too like fight? It is impossible for south south to be independent, they will have to take a side, either with the Igbo's, Yoruba's, or nigeria

Remove yorubas because we do not want ijaws. You people can have them

Utsekiri is ok for us thanks

2 Likes

Re: We Are Not Part Of Oduduwa Republic - Ijaws Reply Adebanjo. by realjoker(m): 11:42am On Mar 19, 2017
Fremancipation:

Listen, Nigeria is an artificial creation and will never work until its forced inhabitants come together and draft a brand new constitution on the terms of engagement and nationhood. For now let's continue to pretend and beat around the bush.

For example, how would you feel if suddenly I forced you and your neighbors to live in one house without any mutual terms or agreements?
Na only you make sense among your kinsmen with this post
Re: We Are Not Part Of Oduduwa Republic - Ijaws Reply Adebanjo. by Moneytize: 11:43am On Mar 19, 2017
thuggCheetah:
I regret being yoruba
Ipob....we have heard you. You can't regret what you never were

3 Likes

Re: We Are Not Part Of Oduduwa Republic - Ijaws Reply Adebanjo. by aljharem(m): 11:45am On Mar 19, 2017
mandarin:
I don't think anyone is laying claim to Izon or Ijaw least the Yoruba. Some Ijaw are in Ondo State but have no land there. Just like Fulani, the Ijaw are migrants in many parts of southern Nigeria and there's no way they can proof the ownership of anywhere in Edo and Ondo state.
The coastal areas from Escravos Warri to Edo and Ondo state do not have any Izonland.
I do not think Yoruba want to claim Ijaw but has been affirming their kinsmen the Itsekiri.
This statement by the Ijaw is deliberate message to Itsekiri and Edo, trying to affirm ownership and I will advise that they perish the idea.

Now on a more pragmatic level, who really need who? Compare what ijaw have to the Yoruba in all ramifications, they are not mates;is it productive landmass good for agriculture, population with good purchasing power, educated population, already organized communities in terms of economic power, what are the ijaw fighting for?
1. Crude oil: The exclusive land area the ijaw can claim is Forcados to Bayelsa and maybe some areas of Kalabari in Rivers. They can make do with their resources and lets see how many decades it take them to be like the Yoruba or Igbo. Other ethnic groups have oil too, by the time your Nigeria is fully divided(I don't advocate for such) you will know that Yoruba and Igbo has oil than you can think. This is also applicable to natural gas.
2.Warri: Former oil capital of Nigeria, wealthy oil potentials and location of a refinery and proposed gas FTZ, the ijaw can't claim the one at Porthacourt and so looking at warri will to them be a good starting point. Now, if the Itsekiri should stand with Yoruba it will be zero probability of getting what they want. The Gelegele at Edo is slipping away already and consolidating through Toru-Ibe is a dead dream, the ijaw are led largely by youths who just want economic empowerment but with little grasp of history and diplomacy.

What options do they really have if they want an Ijaw country?
Live in peace with their neighbors, hold to those undisputed areas and trade away those disputed areas for strong economic and cultural ties because they can't win the Yoruba or the Edo in eventuality. They need to consolidate on their areas in Rivers and Beayelsa else they may be fighting battles against all their big neighbors and they can't win.
So, what would the Yoruba want from ijaw apart from oil, don't think there's anything and its not looking like Oduduwa will want to include the Ijaw even though historically the ijaw claim ife and, when the value of oil becomes less and less a driving force, the ijaw will see the light.
happy Sunday to all.
My take is let the Izon live in peace with all their neighbors, negotiate a confederation with any big side and you will win from both sides.

Thank you !!!! Nicely done

4 Likes

Re: We Are Not Part Of Oduduwa Republic - Ijaws Reply Adebanjo. by BasirudeenAjayi: 11:49am On Mar 19, 2017
BankeSmalls:

Am ashamed being yoruba too, same tribe as denrele?
why na?
Don't u like having oblong skulls like d rest of us?? grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are Not Part Of Oduduwa Republic - Ijaws Reply Adebanjo. by DieDieDieOmenka: 11:50am On Mar 19, 2017
[s]
Odkosh:
we know we are not a tribe, but we are Niger delta. stop dragging us into your stupid nation, we are on our own, we don't want anybody to drag us because of our oil, be it Yoruba or Igbo. we are not Igbo and will never ever be Igbo or part if your Biafra. we know our root and history. we are never Yoruba or Igbo. so get that Mr man. we are Niger Delta. thanks.
[/s]
which one be niger delta?
is ND a tribe or ethnic group?
state your tribe jorr stop attaching yourself to other tribes be proud of your little minority tribe.
Igbos are majority in the so called ND so i guess they prefer to be identify with their brothers not some stranger under rubbish ND
your oil? how many oil Wells are owned by your people grin
dumb people everywhere

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are Not Part Of Oduduwa Republic - Ijaws Reply Adebanjo. by Exciton(m): 11:52am On Mar 19, 2017
BankeSmalls:

So you want an ijaw man to be forced to eat amala and share his oil wealth with Yorubas?

Hehehe. It's exactly how our ancestors must have felt when the missionaries introduced Christianity to them. grin

That's not what I want. I want an Ijaw or Yoruba or whatever tribal pure blood to exist only in the history books! I want each Nigerian to have like 3 different tribal ancestries so that tribes no longer matter!

2 Likes

Re: We Are Not Part Of Oduduwa Republic - Ijaws Reply Adebanjo. by Nobody: 11:54am On Mar 19, 2017
Eddiecute86:

Except for The Eguns, They are definitely not Yoruba. Don't get it twisted am not saying they are not or won't be part of your Oduduwa. I am just stating the obvious.

My guy if you say that infront of an Egun man na serious fight u dey look for oo.
Re: We Are Not Part Of Oduduwa Republic - Ijaws Reply Adebanjo. by Yerinluv(f): 11:57am On Mar 19, 2017
Ugomba:
Tell them oh
Re: We Are Not Part Of Oduduwa Republic - Ijaws Reply Adebanjo. by wtfCode: 11:58am On Mar 19, 2017
Did i just saw abia state in that map? angry angry
This afonjas must be drunk on lagoon water.

3 Likes

Re: We Are Not Part Of Oduduwa Republic - Ijaws Reply Adebanjo. by Nobody: 12:00pm On Mar 19, 2017
Please can someone school me if the Deltans are running away from Oduduwa why do they bear Yoruba names. And have some Yoruba words in their language. I dont know and i want to know. tnx
Re: We Are Not Part Of Oduduwa Republic - Ijaws Reply Adebanjo. by giftedben: 12:04pm On Mar 19, 2017
thuggCheetah:
I regret being yoruba
You must have a reason, kindly share please.

2 Likes

Re: We Are Not Part Of Oduduwa Republic - Ijaws Reply Adebanjo. by Bullet01(f): 12:09pm On Mar 19, 2017
This is the real map. Bleep that thing up there

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply)

What Is President Buhari Telling Oshiomhole In This Picture With Lyon? / People's Houses Flooded In Lekki After This Morning Rain (Photos) / Abiola Ajimobi's Health Condition Worsens After Days In Coma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.