Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,731 members, 7,875,838 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 10:52 PM

In Need Of Sensor For 2001 Acura 3.2 Tl - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / In Need Of Sensor For 2001 Acura 3.2 Tl (1375 Views)

@-{- DELIVERED 2001 Acura MDX Pre-ordered By ** Prince Idee Of NL From Fhemmmy** / 2001 Acura TL Security System Not Functioning. . . . Pls Advise On What To Do. / 2001 Acura 3.2 TL For Sale...Price Reviewd to 1.5 Million Fixed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Need Of Sensor For 2001 Acura 3.2 Tl by eros(m): 5:32pm On Dec 20, 2009
Please does anyone know where i can buy sensor to replace the faulty one in my 2001 Acura 3.2 TL? Your assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Eros
Re: In Need Of Sensor For 2001 Acura 3.2 Tl by german007(m): 5:39pm On Dec 20, 2009
eros:

Please does anyone know where i can buy sensor to replace the faulty one in my 2001 Acura 3.2 TL? Your assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Eros

emee30384@yahoo.com

Eros how far, Long time. Man noh dey see your brake light again. Hope biz is well
Call this number 07029276949 (akeem).  He's stocks sensors for them.

TK CARE  , Okhai
Re: In Need Of Sensor For 2001 Acura 3.2 Tl by Nobody: 8:10pm On Dec 20, 2009
Eros, there are a myriad of sensors in any car, you don't state which particular sensor you're after.
Re: In Need Of Sensor For 2001 Acura 3.2 Tl by Onwan: 8:16pm On Dec 20, 2009
Thats very correct.

If its rough idle or non-rev.ing, its likely to be the Air Intake Valve, there is also the Throttle/Air Intake Idle Valve AND the Idle Speed Control Valve.

Its essential you state the actual problem you are having, so one can recommend and suggest.
Re: In Need Of Sensor For 2001 Acura 3.2 Tl by eros(m): 9:34pm On Dec 20, 2009
german007:

Eros how far, Long time. Man noh dey see your brake light again. Hope biz is well
Call this number 07029276949 (akeem).  He's stocks sensors for them.

Tell him you got his number from kevin.

TK CARE  , Okhai

Bros i dey oooo. Biz just get as e be for this side. All in all, i thank God for everything. Thanks for the info and i go call the guy tomorrow morning. How biz and family? Merry Christmas in advance.
Re: In Need Of Sensor For 2001 Acura 3.2 Tl by eros(m): 9:36pm On Dec 20, 2009
Siena:

Eros, there are a myriad of sensors in any car, you don't state which particular sensor you're after.

Onwan:

Thats very correct.

If its rough idle or non-rev.ing, its likely to be the Air Intake Valve, there is also the Throttle/Air Intake Idle Valve AND the Idle Speed Control Valve.

Its essential you state the actual problem you are having, so one can recommend and suggest.

@ Onwan and Siena,

Thanks for your response. I did a diagnostics on the car yesterday which was originally to detect the fault with the side airbags becos the indicator was always popping up on the dashboard.

When the diagnosis was done, the guy detected that the fuel filter was not working properly and the sensor on the right side (i.e. in front of the car) was faulty. Hence, the reason why the side airbags warning kept popping up. Besides, i noticed whenever i start the ignition, there is this unpleasant smell from the engine.

So, which exact sensor do you recommend i buy to replace the faulty one? Thank you so much for your time and assistance.
Re: In Need Of Sensor For 2001 Acura 3.2 Tl by Onwan: 10:28pm On Dec 20, 2009
OK

1. Airbag indicator - Some vehicles (Tokumbos) have had some of the airbags deployed in previous accidents and after replacing the panels, the sensors are either not replaced or most cases not factory set (Optimised), so the result is after a while the sign keeps popping up.

2. For the smell; the fuel filter IS NOT A SENSOR its simply a filter and can be replaced for at most 1k. The real issue here is what you can have taken care of if you will follow my advise;

Get a very good rewire (Not some computer diagnostic person please!!), tell him to service your injector and nuzzles (you dont need to buy or change any of them - just the spray for cleaning N250 per can). After cleaning those things, then he will reset the system by tunning to make sure you have a balanced air/fuel ratio and you can drive happily.

Our problem usually with cars like these (Acura, lexus, Toyota, etc) is that we think its a Mechanic's job to handle injector and Nuzzles, its a rewire's job because thats when they can reset the whole system to be in tune with your vacuum system, air/fuel ratio, etc -

Dont get me wrong, the computer people do some work BUT, they concentrate more on diagnostics than repairs and we also both know what those costs are. They spend more time learning to use the computers than repairs (I know this for a fact)

Hope this helps
Re: In Need Of Sensor For 2001 Acura 3.2 Tl by german007(m): 10:32pm On Dec 20, 2009
Onwan:

OK

1. Airbag indicator - Some vehicles (Tokumbos) have had some of the airbags deployed in previous accidents and after replacing the panels, the sensors are either not replaced or most cases not factory set (Optimised), so the result is after a while the sign keeps popping up.

2. For the smell; the fuel filter IS NOT A SENSOR its simply a filter and can be replaced for at most 1k. The real issue here is what you can have taken care of if you will follow my advise;

Get a very good rewire (Not some computer diagnostic person please!!), tell him to service your injector and nuzzles (you dont need to buy or change any of them - just the spray for cleaning N250 per can). After cleaning those things, then he will reset the system by tunning to make sure you have a balanced air/fuel ratio and you can drive happily.

Our problem usually with cars like these (Acura, lexus, Toyota, etc) is that we think its a Mechanic's job to handle injector and Nuzzles, its a rewire's job because thats when they can reset the whole system to be in tune with your vacuum system, air/fuel ratio, etc -

Dont get me wrong, the computer people do some work BUT, they concentrate more on diagnostics than repairs and we also both know what those costs are. They spend more time learning to use the computers than repairs (I know this for a fact)

Hope this helps

Ok right, Sienna , I think you'v found your match here, lol
Re: In Need Of Sensor For 2001 Acura 3.2 Tl by eros(m): 5:28am On Dec 21, 2009
Onwan:

OK

Hope this helps

Got ya. However, what happens to the faulty sensor? Does it mean after the rewire service the injector and Nuzzle everything will be fine? The diagnostics detected two faults.

1. Is the faulty sensor and
2. Is the injector and Nuzzle (Fuel Filter) that is not working properly.

Thanks for your time
Re: In Need Of Sensor For 2001 Acura 3.2 Tl by Onwan: 9:44am On Dec 21, 2009
1. Airbag - You are better off ignoring the Airbag light than messing with the sensor - IF they try working on replacing the sensor and you notice the light again, that means the Airbag can actually be deployed ANYDAY, ANYTIME - even if you apply the brakes at a low speed of 10km/h.

BUT If not expensive, replace ONLY the sensor for the airbag - do not let them touch the wiring of the airbag system (They usually mess it up). But its better to ignore it.

2. The Nuzzles set IS NOT a fuel filter, you fuel filter is that cylinder thing you change when servicing; It does not come with a sensor, its just what you buy and fit - interfacing your tank and the fuel pump/injector assembly - IT IS NOT A BIG DEAL - For my lexus, it costs N700.

Just have a rewire service your nuzzles (All six of them - they are the size of spark plugs - and costs about N500 - BUT you dont need to change though), injectors (assembly), THEN he will reset the system by thoroughly tunning the vaccum system, the air/fuel intake system and this will regularise your ECU/Brainbox (They will even reset it manually if needed) IT IS NO BIG DEAL.

Since you are not having a rough idle or vehichle shaking when in idle gear or off Idle gear (D, 2, etc) - Just service and drive.

These vehichles have the same issues - Its just the way it works, you will only help yourself by getting a rewire (A good one) and know what you want him to do.

Its an Acura, not a Kia or Scoda, their mechanical parts are very rugged (Thats why they cost 2 or 3 times a Kia, Scoda brand new) - The only issues on them that need regular ( once a year) attention is;

1. Air Intake system (That big hose and circuit you see on top when you open your bonnet.
2. If someone mistakenly uses the O/D (Overdrive) - you will have to re-tune to get it to stop guzzling fuel and not to have rough idle or high start-up idle speed
3. ECU

And really, for the airbag thing, dont let them mess you up.

Cheers
Re: In Need Of Sensor For 2001 Acura 3.2 Tl by GOODMAN1: 2:14pm On Dec 21, 2009
OWAN/SIENNA

I have this 2001 Grand Cherokee, V8 4.7L with check engine light and the vehicle jacks idling. We later found out that 2 plugs on the right hand side were not firing. Recently,the car cut off at high rev of say 3000-4000 rev/min. It came up after the sensor was cleaned but cuts off again at high rev.

Anyone in the house, Please what do I do?

Thanks
Re: In Need Of Sensor For 2001 Acura 3.2 Tl by Onwan: 3:24pm On Dec 21, 2009
Goodman1

For a V8 engine, If two of the spark plugs are not firing, part of the symptoms will be slow speed and jerky movement and idle.

If you discover that two of the spark plugs are not firing, then they should confirm IF the plug wires are okay; IF they are confirmed okay, then you have to let the rewire do the following - Mind you at that point, a mechanic will suggest to open the engine, DO NOT LET THEM! -

1. Let the rewire check and clean the two nuzzles that are corresponding to the two non-firing plugs. IF they are okay, let him clean the throttle idle control and air intake control. He should make sure your air-flow meter is okay and the air hose route is clean and no leakage in the whole system - including the vacuum system.

2. When all this is done, the vehicle will be in very good condition, any more shaky idle, he should reset the brain box / ECU.

I am sure it was a mechanic that "cleaned" the sensor. Please remember and note that sensors are electronic circuits AND should NOT be cleaned like you are cleaning a spark plug, fuel or tinner can cause a short inside it.

The part of the engine that are recommended to be cleaned are Valves (which most people mistake for sensors)

1. Throttle Idle control valve
2. Air intake Valve
3. Air Intake filter (Paper like thing - that is always dusty - you will be suprised to know the effect of cleaning that thing)
4. Air intake hose - that BIG HOSE assembly
5. Air/Fuel ratio valve.

These are controlled by sensors - BUT the valves are to be cleaned NOT THE SENSORS.

Hope this will help

Clean the nuzzles, tune the air/fuel valves and all the other valves and check the vacuum system, then reset the brain box
Re: In Need Of Sensor For 2001 Acura 3.2 Tl by eros(m): 3:42pm On Dec 21, 2009
@ Onwan,

Please what is your phone number, i want to give you a call. Thanks for your time and help.
Re: In Need Of Sensor For 2001 Acura 3.2 Tl by GOODMAN1: 5:34pm On Dec 21, 2009
Thanks ONWAN, I'll do just that and get back to you.
Re: In Need Of Sensor For 2001 Acura 3.2 Tl by Onwan: 12:07pm On Dec 22, 2009
Please do.

Help us learn. Thanks
Re: In Need Of Sensor For 2001 Acura 3.2 Tl by Onwan: 1:28pm On Dec 22, 2009
@ Eros

My number is 080 2342 8446
Re: In Need Of Sensor For 2001 Acura 3.2 Tl by eros(m): 10:34pm On Jan 12, 2010
Onwan,

I took your advise and serviced just the nuzzle and left the sensor untouched. Now i wish i never serviced the nuzzle, because my car has just gone from bad to worse. sad angry sad cry

After the service of the nuzzle, my car doesn't start on first kick. It rolls about 3 times, before it starts. However, i noticed it will pick at once when the engine is still hot, but when the car has being parked for a long time and i try to start it, it rolls about 3 times before it start. Then the power steering/transmission pump became faulty and just replaced it today with 15k. cry cry

Please what do you advise i do, to correct the problem of the car not picking at once? I feel very sad right now becos i no longer enjoy my car like i used to. sad sad I tried calling you earlier today, but you did not pick your phone. I am online on Yahoo messenger, my ID is emee30384, we can chat and discuss in detail on how to resolve this problem. Thanks for your time.
Re: In Need Of Sensor For 2001 Acura 3.2 Tl by Onwan: 10:47pm On Jan 12, 2010
@Eros

Please follow the steps;

After the cleaning of the nuzzles as recommended, he has to reset your car's brainbox - All these should be done by a rewire.

Once he did not change anything or remove anything, let him reset the vehicle's brainbox.

I gave you the steps in details; check above in my earlier posts.
Re: In Need Of Sensor For 2001 Acura 3.2 Tl by eros(m): 10:52pm On Jan 12, 2010
Thanks for your quick response. These guys over here in Ibadan are dumb pricks. Tell them something as simple as you have said, they don't understand it or just refuse to understand it and choose to do it their way.

Anyway, i will print out this instruction and find an educated rewire that will follow your instruction and do just as you have said. I will keep you posted. Thanks again
Re: In Need Of Sensor For 2001 Acura 3.2 Tl by Onwan: 11:04pm On Jan 12, 2010
Remember;

The nuzzles were to be cleaned AFTER you had confirmed the air-intake filter/sensor, idle control valve/sensor and throttle control valve/sensors are OK.

Also the nuzzles are an option IF plugs are not firing and the plug cables are ok. It should be checked and cleaned - the buck stops at the brainbox, it fixes it all most cases.

You do not let them remove anything, just have them clean the parts that dont have any plugs or electrical connecting wires.

One way to check if your sensors are OK; remove the connector of the sensor and start the car - IF it works as it was, then you know its dead, IF NOT then you know its doing its duty.

Also check the pressure of the fuel pump (that is usually responsible for loss of power in motion or speed)

Let me know.
Re: In Need Of Sensor For 2001 Acura 3.2 Tl by bt2(m): 4:07pm On Jul 12, 2010
I just bought a tokunbo mazda 323f 1998 model, a mechanic is advising me to remove the thermostat that came with it, is this advisable?
Re: In Need Of Sensor For 2001 Acura 3.2 Tl by KunleA2(m): 4:26pm On Jul 12, 2010
bt2:

I just bought a tokunbo mazda 323f 1998 model, a mechanic is advising me to remove the thermostat that came with it, is this advisable?

No

(1) (Reply)

NO STOCK / In Need Of Nigerian used 1999 Toyota Camry (tiny Light) / 2007 M/benz Ml350 4matic (registered)-----3.7m Only. ------fully Loadd.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.