Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,983 members, 7,890,233 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 11:25 AM

Fuel Efficiency:toyotas Or Hondas - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Fuel Efficiency:toyotas Or Hondas (1443 Views)

Used Toyota Corona Jst 450k 08169446319 and pick your toyotas here / Dont See 2nd Hand Toyotas For Sale / Clean Toyotas For Sale, With Finance Options Available. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fuel Efficiency:toyotas Or Hondas by Configur(m): 7:48pm On Dec 20, 2009
, hello everybody! i just really wanna know how efficient or rather which is the most efficient brand, confused and just want to get it straight and not make mistakes this time around, ma elder brova is about getn a new car so m kinda like his special adviser!!! thanks in advance for your warm contributions,
Re: Fuel Efficiency:toyotas Or Hondas by Nobody: 8:04pm On Dec 20, 2009
Not easy to say, besides a lot depends on the driver.

Several things that have a direct effect on fuel economy:

Shape of the car (aerodynamics).
Width of tyres (aerodynamics).
Weight of car (a heavier car will require more energy to accelerate to any given speed, hence needing more fuel).
Size and profile of spoilers, if fitted.
Terrain the car will mostly be driven on.
Engine size.
Engine output (hp).
Engine output (torque).
Transmission type (manual versions are more economical).
Final drive (gearing).
Type of fuel (turbo diesels are obviously more economical than petrol versions).
Quality of fuel used.
Engine condition (state of tune can make all the difference).

So, you can see there are lots of ways to make even a thirsty beast economical, there are no clear answers to your question, as a Toyota Corolla 1,6 and a Honda Civic with the same engine capacity will return similar mpg figures, the only edge either will have over the other would be in the criteria I've listed above.
Re: Fuel Efficiency:toyotas Or Hondas by dbalinga(m): 8:17pm On Dec 20, 2009
Siena,
I want to seek ur advice, Im sorry that I av to digress from the thread.
I want to buy a car, but I am confused as regards making a choice between a Golf 3, Toyota corolla E100, Honda Bull dog.
I need ur advice as regards which is more economical and durable
Re: Fuel Efficiency:toyotas Or Hondas by yemstrad(f): 8:29pm On Dec 20, 2009
Siena, u are three much brother. This is exceptional. Thanks a lot.
Re: Fuel Efficiency:toyotas Or Hondas by Nobody: 9:40pm On Dec 20, 2009
dbalinga:

Siena,
I want to seek your advice, Im sorry that I av to digress from the thread.
I want to buy a car, but I am confused as regards making a choice between a Golf 3, Toyota corolla E100, Honda Bull dog.
I need your advice as regards which is more economical and durable

No worries, brother.

Much as I'm a German car fan, and don't really care much for Japanese vehicles, for the Nigerian market, in terms of running costs, I'd recommend the Toyota Corolla.

Parts are pretty cheap and abundant in supply, and Naija mechanics know their way round the oily stuff in Japanes cars better than they do with German machinery. In terms of durability though, the Golf will have the edge, but I'd offset that against the Toyota's good local source of parts.

Good luck.
Re: Fuel Efficiency:toyotas Or Hondas by dbalinga(m): 12:03pm On Dec 21, 2009
Thank you Bro.
Re: Fuel Efficiency:toyotas Or Hondas by Configur(m): 8:56pm On Dec 23, 2009
@sienna-u too much- u b special adviser to presidency on automobiles grin
Re: Fuel Efficiency:toyotas Or Hondas by jesuseun1(m): 10:47pm On Dec 23, 2009
wats d fuel comsumption of baby benz 190.about to buy one for 265k
Re: Fuel Efficiency:toyotas Or Hondas by charlesbid: 11:32pm On Dec 23, 2009
@ Sienna,
I know this is off the thread. I'm new on nairaland so want to find out if you are a dealer.
If yes then i'll need a Camry 1996, V6 GX, clean, ac, cd player, etc. never been used in naija.
I want cash and carry.see the car for inspection in lagos and then pay cash and ride home.
How much would it go for? i need it anytime in january from 1st week.
Re: Fuel Efficiency:toyotas Or Hondas by Nobody: 3:26am On Dec 25, 2009
^^^ Charles, welcome to Nairaland.

I'm not a dealer, though there are are lots of respected dealers on Nairaland to choose from, have a wander around, and post your enquiries, you'll get quite a few responses. There are plenty to choose from.

All the best of luck in your purchase, and have a wonderful Christmas.
Re: Fuel Efficiency:toyotas Or Hondas by KunleA2(m): 7:13am On Dec 25, 2009
charlesbid:

@ Sienna,
I know this is off the thread. I'm new on nairaland so want to find out if you are a dealer.
If yes then i'll need a Camry 1996, V6 GX, clean, ac, cd player, etc. never been used in naija.
I want cash and carry.see the car for inspection in lagos and then pay cash and ride home.
How much would it go for? i need it anytime in january from 1st week.

Check this one out.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-367481.0.html

(1) (Reply)

Viperman Xmas Giveaway: 1999 Toyota Camry: Used: 750k / SOLD! SOLD! SOLD! 2004 Nissan Murano @ N1.450m @ Banix Autos 07044024051 / 9ja Used 2006 Honda City **mint*** 1.250m ( Pic Attached )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.