Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,466 members, 7,911,127 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 04:14 AM

Are You A Wasted Youth? Come, Let's Find Out... - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are You A Wasted Youth? Come, Let's Find Out... (708 Views)

My Plate Of Poundo Yam Wasted in Covid-19 season of lack / Do You Have Issues With Your Solar/inverter System? Let's find A Solution Here! / Parents Beware, See How A Nigeria Nanny Just Wasted Life Of This Innocent Baby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Are You A Wasted Youth? Come, Let's Find Out... by sekem: 4:17pm On Mar 20, 2017
Youths of today are the future of our tomorrow, they say. But what will you then say when you find out that the majority of youths of today are nothing but already wasted?

There’s fire on the mountain. Something needs to be done to arrest this astronomical increase in the number of wasted youths we are witnessing in our present day.

But first, before we do that, we need to identify who these wasted youths are.

So, how do you identify a wasted youth?

Well, a wasted youth...

Hardly reads
In fact, he does not read. This is one of the easiest ways to spot a wasted youth. Apart from reading his Facebook or twitter updates and maybe his textbooks. That is where his reading stops.

Novels, financial books, journals, even currents affairs is not really his thing. Of course, he’ll proudly and openly tell you he doesn’t have time for any of that nonsense!

Listen to this. If you are suspecting any youth in your vicinity to be a wasted youth, just ask him or her to tell the last novel he actually read and when he read it.

Don’t be surprised to find out that some of them have not read any literature in the past ten years!

Now tell me, how will such a person’s mind grow or develop!?

Readily follows bandwagon
This is probably because following bandwagon is easier. A wasted youth is incapable of having original thought or opinion of his own so you don’t expect him to do anything else except follow popular opinion—even ridiculously insane opinions!

Has no idea of his or her purpose in life.

A wasted youth has no plans for his future. He would rather rely on what his parents, friends, employers, pastors, cult leaders, politicians, etc, tells him will favour him.

But do you really blame him? Because a wasted youth has no purpose for life, he is bound to be a confused being.

And who is the easiest person to push around if not a confused person!

Is very vain
Yes, vain as in primarily concerned with things like sǝx, fashion, football, Facebook...

You know you won’t catch his interest by talking about novels and book. Try sǝx. He will suddenly come alive.

We see it everyday even here on Nairaland. Make an intelligent post on Nairaland or Facebook. Ask an intellectually stimulating question. It will just be as if most of these wasted youths will see it but just jump an’ pass.

Someone is talking about blogging or how to get a Google AdSense account approved; only few people respond. But now, let’s make the topic to be something related to sǝx. Oh yeahhhh, now you come!!! Omo, come see traffic!!! Come see responses...

These youths are so interested in knowing who is having sǝx with who, which celeb is 'doing' another celeb, which celeb is sharing her nudǝ image on Instagram, the latest sǝx positions or styles, the latest sǝx scandal, etc.

Funny isn’t it?

A wasted youth is a confused youth!

But it’s not only sǝx that that easily catches his attention.

For some of them, they like talking about money but not in the sense a reasonable person will talk about it.

Truth is that a wasted youth will like to discuss about how much football stars, movie icons and music stars are making. He will not waste time to calculate for you the worth of most of these stars, or how much their jewels, mansions, cars all cost.

Some wasted youths even take it too far by going into drugs. Isn’t it amazing the number of our youths—both males and females—who are now into smoking ‘Igbo’ these days? That will show you the level of ‘wasted-ness’ engulfing our society today.

One thing most of these youths who have already given their life over to SK don’t know is that the problems you are most likely trying to escape from will never go until you decide to tackle it.

Knows next to nothing about business
Yes. A wasted youth is bereft of business ideas. If you think this is a lie, just challenge any youth around you, you suspect to be wasted to give just one business idea.

Most likely, he or she will go into defensive and start telling you that we all are not supposed to be entrepreneurs.

But I laugh.

Yes, we all cannot be entrepreneurs. But who’s even talking about being an entrepreneur here? I say just give me one... any business idea.

The wasted youths got it all wrong. This is because when you are talking about business to the wasted youth, his wasted mind is already thinking about Dangote.

That’s what business means to him.

Now, who will help me tell a wasted youth that business is simply all about solving people’s problems and providing services that will take care of peoples’ needs?

He won’t take up any responsibility
It is never his fault. He is always ready to pointing fingers. Always looking for someone to blame. He will not waste time to blame his parents, blame his lecturer, blame the government, blame the society at large for not being where he thinks he should be.

What a sense of entitlement!

Let me give you an example how most wasted youths I have come in contact with do think. I do this for fun, by the way.

Just call him aside and ask him how he fared in his exams assuming the result are out.

If he got grade A, he’ll say to you, “I got A!”

If he failed, he’ll say to you, “The lecturer gave me F!”

Wasted youth eh... very funny set of people!

Thinks certificate is education
A wasted youth will never fail to remind you that he or she is educated and has a certificate. He’ll be quick to tell you that he is a first class, a 2.1, a 2.2, a master’s degree holder in one course like that...

To continue reading, visit: https://www.abetteryouth.com/2021/01/How-Youths-Waste-Their-Time.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You A Wasted Youth? Come, Let's Find Out... by austinereds(m): 4:46pm On Mar 20, 2017
Nice write up. true sha. lemme ask you a question. what are you doing to change these youths?

1 Like

Re: Are You A Wasted Youth? Come, Let's Find Out... by sekem: 5:20pm On Mar 20, 2017
austinereds:
Nice write up. true sha. lemme ask you a question. what are you doing to change these youths?

Of course, I am

Why do you think I call my blog 'a better youth'?

By telling our youths some of these things, I strongly believe they will start to make the necessary changes towards becoming a better youth.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Marital Rape: What Does The Nigeria Law/ Religious Institution Teach? / Happy Father's Day / The Agony Of A Male Child In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.