Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,191 members, 7,880,714 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 03:46 AM

If Tiger Woods Is Your Husband, Would You Divorce Him? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / If Tiger Woods Is Your Husband, Would You Divorce Him? (1901 Views)

Poll: If Tiger Woods is your husband, would you divorce him?

Yes: 38% (7 votes)
No: 44% (8 votes)
Later: 16% (3 votes)
This poll has ended

What Would Make You Divorce Your Spouse? / Problem Of Black Women: Tiger Woods Evidence / My Husband Would Be Coming Back From Netherlands, How Do I Welcome Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Tiger Woods Is Your Husband, Would You Divorce Him? by AloyEmeka9: 6:50am On Dec 21, 2009
If Tiger Woods were your husband, would you divorce him?
By Vivian Onyebukwa

Saturday, December 19, 2009
No, I won't - Nkechi Achilike, businesswoman

http://odili.net/news/source/2009/dec/19/509.html

Divorce is completely out of the way. Everybody has his own life to live. But open sex is out of the way. Because of my kids I will stay to get my own inheritance. Anyway, I don’t think he will have time for my sex, so I will stay.

I won’t divorce -Obiamaka Aniegunam, PR consultant

I will not divorce him because being famous has its ups and downs and one of them is being exposed to lust from the opposite sex. One should also bear in mind that it sometimes gets boring being with one person for so long especially for the men. Even from the biblical point of view, one should forgive.

No way -Folorunsho Alakija, fashion designer

No, I will not divorce him. He needs prayers.

Not an option -Omoshaba Grace, journalist

No, I will not divorce him if there is no threat to life and I am legally married to him. If he still loves me and I love him too, it can still work out.

It needs introspection -Temitope David-Adegboye, Celebrity writer

I guess the situation would require me to examine myself too, rather than pass judgment hastily. Fourteen mistresses? Something must be wrong with our relationship. If in the end I find it’s me that caused it, I guess I will let him go. On the other hand, if it’s just his position and money that entered his head, I guess we may have to talk things out. I feel that with all these wahala he has faced in few weeks, he won’t ever go back to it. So, I might just stand by him.

I say no -Funmi Azike, beautician

Nigerian factor, family and extended family might not allow me divorce someone of that status. And you know, we black women like to preserve our marriages no matter the degrading cost.

I won’t try that -Aramide Oikelome, journalist

No, I won’t divorce him so long as I am his only lawfully wedded wife.

It won’t be wise -Bibian Egwuatu, Immigration officer

She who deserts the husband because he was tempted is not a good wife. A lot of women are out there waiting to enter and will tolerate the man so far their own right reaches them.

I will show him love -Rubby Acholonu, businesswoman

Since she was married to the man before he had concubines, she should be there. Again since the man loves her, she should love the man and take care of the house. Since the man did not bring the women home, she should stay and show the man love may be one day the man can repent and drive away those women.

I want just his repentance -Atim Ikpeme, journalist

I will not divorce him if he shows remorse and returns home. He is my husband and father of my children.

Woods is no exception -Mary Eziashi, company CEO

Ninety nine per cent of men cheat not to talk of a young man with that kind of wealth. I will rather concentrate in keeping my marriage by ignoring the rubbish scandal and beg him in the bedroom to protect himself well from STD and HIV if he must do mistresses. As long as I am loved and cared for by my cheating husband, I would stay. Men are animalistic in nature when it comes to sex. It is only by God’s grace that good wives stay in marriage. This is simply the fact of life.

I won’t divorce -Dorcas James, teacher

If I were his wife, I will not divorce him because marriage is all about facing challenges together no matter how tough. It is also about true love, which forgives.

I leave him to his God -Agatha Emeadi, journalist

I will not divorce him because death is the only recommended reason according to the Bible. His adultery is for him and his God.
Re: If Tiger Woods Is Your Husband, Would You Divorce Him? by AloyEmeka9: 6:51am On Dec 21, 2009
Please vote.
Re: If Tiger Woods Is Your Husband, Would You Divorce Him? by doggyall: 6:55am On Dec 21, 2009
Naija women will never divorce any man with that kind of ego, even if the man brings the woman to their matrimonial bed. They will just have one boiler on the side.
Re: If Tiger Woods Is Your Husband, Would You Divorce Him? by Gabry(f): 7:29am On Dec 21, 2009
If what the media says is completely true about him, than yeah and infact, I wont take a cent from him cause you know why? Im put off with him and his money and his property! Its like receiving money from a scammer! YUCK!

But I want my children cause I suffer carry 9 months each and born them like nobody;s business! angry
Re: If Tiger Woods Is Your Husband, Would You Divorce Him? by Nobody: 7:32am On Dec 21, 2009
lmao

Who da hell voted no?!

Desperate women
Re: If Tiger Woods Is Your Husband, Would You Divorce Him? by sjeezy8: 7:38am On Dec 21, 2009
^^ lol i did
Re: If Tiger Woods Is Your Husband, Would You Divorce Him? by Nobody: 7:41am On Dec 21, 2009
sjeezy8:

^^ lol i did
lol I trust ya to
Re: If Tiger Woods Is Your Husband, Would You Divorce Him? by sjeezy8: 7:44am On Dec 21, 2009
MOE Money over Everyone cool

who are the other chicken heads that voted no?
Re: If Tiger Woods Is Your Husband, Would You Divorce Him? by Nobody: 7:46am On Dec 21, 2009
sjeezy8:

MOE Money over Everyone cool

who are the other chicken heads that voted no?
lol you wish Woods was gay
Re: If Tiger Woods Is Your Husband, Would You Divorce Him? by sexyLeamon(f): 7:58am On Dec 21, 2009
If I were his wife I think I'd give him another chance to prove himself. He seemed sorry though for what happened. Plus I'm not really doing this for him or for me but for the children involved. I know how it feels of having your parents separated so for the children, I'll give the relationship a chance. And if it happened again, then that's it. I guess the children will soon understand that it's not really going to work anymore.
Re: If Tiger Woods Is Your Husband, Would You Divorce Him? by Nobody: 8:00am On Dec 21, 2009
sexyLeamon:

If I were his wife I think I'd give him another chance to prove himself. He seemed sorry though for what happened. Plus I'm not really doing this for him or for me but for the children involved. I know how it feels of having your parents separated so for the children, I'll give the relationship a chance. And if it happened again, then that's it. I guess the children will soon understand that it's not really going to work anymore.

true talk.

also tel him to get tested.
Re: If Tiger Woods Is Your Husband, Would You Divorce Him? by Gabry(f): 8:07am On Dec 21, 2009
sexyLeamon:

I once commented like this untill some fellow so called Smarty pants said that Im well suited to get married to a playah. . . Those childish bimbo's. . . Seriously. . . angry
Re: If Tiger Woods Is Your Husband, Would You Divorce Him? by Nobody: 11:42am On Dec 21, 2009
I will send him to rehab, we will go for counseling and try and work it out for the kids.
Re: If Tiger Woods Is Your Husband, Would You Divorce Him? by smooooooth: 11:45am On Dec 21, 2009
i read dat paper, saw the response, shows how hypocritical women can be. they all keep shouting ''i will dump his ass,'' but now its about a rich guy and they now singing a diff song, ''we work things out''.

women, its all about the money. gold diggers!!!!
Re: If Tiger Woods Is Your Husband, Would You Divorce Him? by Nobody: 12:10pm On Dec 21, 2009
smooooooth:

i read dat paper, saw the response, shows how hypocritical women can be. they all keep shouting ''i will dump his backside,'' but now its about a rich guy and they now singing a diff song, ''we work things out''.

women, its all about the money. gold diggers!!!!
People shouting "dump his backside" are talking of folks in a relationship not marriage. If there is a marriage involved and kids come in to play even if the guy was your average Joe, I will try and stay for the kids only if the guy is sincerely remorseful and willing to seek help. Being a single parent is no joke.
Re: If Tiger Woods Is Your Husband, Would You Divorce Him? by Nobody: 12:11pm On Dec 21, 2009
sexyLeamon:

nice point, but 14 women shocked now common that is too much I will run for my
dear life, the kids will learn to love their new daddy grin
Re: If Tiger Woods Is Your Husband, Would You Divorce Him? by AloyEmeka9: 3:30pm On Dec 21, 2009
How many men out there are better than Tiger Woods?. As long as their profession involves travelling a lot, mistresses will be trailing them.
Re: If Tiger Woods Is Your Husband, Would You Divorce Him? by Nobody: 4:11pm On Dec 21, 2009
I guess the situation would require me to examine myself too, rather than pass judgment hastily. Fourteen mistresses? Something must be wrong with our relationship. If in the end I find it’s me that caused it, I guess I will let him go. On the other hand, if it’s just his position and money that entered his head, I guess we may have to talk things out. I feel that with all these wahala he has faced in few weeks, he won’t ever go back to it. So, I might just stand by hi[
This woman a very good point.14 mistresses ,then the wife shld check herself.Although,i dont believe that they culd be 14 becos even those he tried to sign autographs wuld tried to say he made passes at them or tried to date them.
Who knows if the wife is not good on bed or homely,dont blame the dude.His sex scandal cant be as great as Bill Clinton and what happened after,he is still a great icon in US politics today and his wife who was meant to dump or divorce him is the US SS 2day and still bears her husband's name.
So what are we saying here.As for me,i wouldnt divorce him evn if the man was not as rich is TW.Since i married him for love,i wuld not divorce him.
Re: If Tiger Woods Is Your Husband, Would You Divorce Him? by candylips(m): 4:18pm On Dec 21, 2009
cheating with 14 women is small now. wetin una dey talk sef
Re: If Tiger Woods Is Your Husband, Would You Divorce Him? by AloyEmeka9: 5:13pm On Dec 21, 2009
nikkykay:

I guess the situation would require me to examine myself too, rather than pass judgment hastily. Fourteen mistresses? Something must be wrong with our relationship. If in the end I find it’s me that caused it, I guess I will let him go. On the other hand, if it’s just his position and money that entered his head, I guess we may have to talk things out. I feel that with all these wahala he has faced in few weeks, he won’t ever go back to it. So, I might just stand by hi[

You will find that out how?
Re: If Tiger Woods Is Your Husband, Would You Divorce Him? by sistawoman: 5:19pm On Dec 21, 2009
Divorce.
Re: If Tiger Woods Is Your Husband, Would You Divorce Him? by AloyEmeka9: 6:57pm On Dec 21, 2009
sistawoman:

Divorce.

Will you still divorce him if you will walk away with nothing?
Re: If Tiger Woods Is Your Husband, Would You Divorce Him? by sistawoman: 7:21pm On Dec 21, 2009
yes
Re: If Tiger Woods Is Your Husband, Would You Divorce Him? by AloyEmeka9: 7:38pm On Dec 21, 2009
What is your limit on how many mistresses your husband will have in order to obtain forgiveness?
Re: If Tiger Woods Is Your Husband, Would You Divorce Him? by sistawoman: 7:56pm On Dec 21, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

What is your limit on how many mistresses your husband will have in order to obtain forgiveness?

1 is too many
Re: If Tiger Woods Is Your Husband, Would You Divorce Him? by ravenzord(m): 8:09pm On Dec 21, 2009
Naija women! Now I ain't saying they golddiggers,but they ain't breaking up with a rich nigger.
Re: If Tiger Woods Is Your Husband, Would You Divorce Him? by redsky1: 8:46pm On Dec 21, 2009
to answer the question yes. If my husband cheats on me with 14 women i will divorce him and take what i am due financially.

whether he is rich or poor remember women make numerous sacrifices to enable a man be at the top of his career and keep his home in order - although its an unpaid job it is still worth something financially, plus the children will need the life they are accustomed to, plus i will need compensation from giving up my career. (yeah i know tiger's wife was a nanny)

anyway - i can maybe forgive 1 transgression but 14 i a 5 year marriage - trust me the problem is not the wife - the man has a problem. all these women saying no are just giving their men free rein on cheating on them, tomorrow they will start crying when they get a STD or their husband brings home illegitimate children, come on Nigerian women is it when ur husband banishes u to the guest room and brings in his bit on the side to sleep in ur matrimonial bed.

the same ones saying no are the ones visiting native doctor to kill the other woman - forgetting to address the problem - the problem is the man making a nonsense of ur marriage vows.

anyway infidelity is a lot more complex to say whether u will divorce or not divorce - its when ur in that situation then u will know. from what i can see from the answers above its no wonder men back home cheat as if the act is the same as drinking cold water.
Re: If Tiger Woods Is Your Husband, Would You Divorce Him? by 4Play(m): 8:56pm On Dec 21, 2009
FL Gators:

lmao

Who da hell voted no?! Desperate women

Almost all the women in the article said they won't divorce:

Divorce is completely out of the way. Everybody has his own life to live. But open sex is out of the way. Because of my kids I will stay to get my own inheritance. Anyway, I don’t think he will have time for my sex, so I will stay. I won’t divorce -Obiamaka Aniegunam, PR consultant

I will not divorce him because being famous has its ups and downs and one of them is being exposed to lust from the opposite sex. One should also bear in mind that it sometimes gets boring being with one person for so long especially for the men. Even from the biblical point of view, one should forgive.
No way -Folorunsho Alakija, fashion designer

No, I will not divorce him. He needs prayers.Not an option -Omoshaba Grace, journalist

No, I will not divorce him if there is no threat to life and I am legally married to him. If he still loves me and I love him too, it can still work out. It needs introspection -Temitope David-Adegboye[/b]Celebrity writer

I guess the situation would require me to examine myself too, rather than pass judgment hastily. Fourteen mistresses? Something must be wrong with our relationship. [b]If in the end I find it’s me that caused it, I guess I will let him go. On the other hand, if it’s just his position and money that entered his head, I guess we may have to talk things out. I feel that with all these wahala he has faced in few weeks, he won’t ever go back to it. So, I might just stand by him. I say no - Funmi Azike,beautician

Nigerian factor, family and extended family might not allow me divorce someone of that status. And you know, we black women like to preserve our marriages no matter the degrading cost.I won’t try that -Aramide Oikelome,journalist

No, I won’t divorce him so long as I am his only lawfully wedded wife.It won’t be wise -Bibian Egwuatu[/b]Immigration officer

[b]She who deserts the husband because he was tempted is not a good wife. A lot of women are out there waiting to enter and will tolerate the man so far their own right reaches them. I will show him love -Rubby Acholonu, businesswoman

Since she was married to the man before he had concubines, she should be there. Again since the man loves her, she should love the man and take care of the house. Since the man did not bring the women home, she should stay and show the man love may be one day the man can repent and drive away those women. I want just his repentance - Atim Ikpeme, journalist

I will not divorce him if he shows remorse and returns home. He is my husband and father of my children. Woods is no exception -Mary Eziashi, company CEO

Ninety nine per cent of men cheat not to talk of a young man with that kind of wealth. I will rather concentrate in keeping my marriage by ignoring the rubbish scandal and beg him in the bedroom to protect himself well from STD and HIV if he must do mistresses. As long as I am loved and cared for by my cheating husband, I would stay. Men are animalistic in nature when it comes to sex. It is only by God’s grace that good wives stay in marriage. This is simply the fact of life.

I won’t divorce -Dorcas James, teacher

If I were his wife, I will not divorce him because marriage is all about facing challenges together no matter how tough. It is also about true love, which forgives. I leave him to his God - Agatha Emeadi, journalist

I will not divorce him because death is the only recommended reason according to the Bible. His adultery is for him and his God.
Re: If Tiger Woods Is Your Husband, Would You Divorce Him? by Nobody: 9:05pm On Dec 21, 2009
@4Play

Naija women are already used to cheating bas.tards. It doesnt surprise me.

It's the mentality of "For Better For Worse"
Re: If Tiger Woods Is Your Husband, Would You Divorce Him? by mamagee3(f): 9:42pm On Dec 21, 2009
Tiger Woods is a cheetah!!!! grin grin
Re: If Tiger Woods Is Your Husband, Would You Divorce Him? by Nobody: 11:43pm On Dec 21, 2009
A lion would never cheat on his wife. . . but a tiger wood cheesy
Re: If Tiger Woods Is Your Husband, Would You Divorce Him? by candylips(m): 12:20am On Dec 22, 2009
^^^ nah that doesn't rhyme

(1) (2) (Reply)

Are You Scared Of Human Beigns? / Why Would U Enslave Yoursef To A Very Fat Old European Woman? / I'm Scared Of Having Any Relationships! Cos I Hate Girls.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.