Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,428 members, 7,944,129 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 11:44 AM

Black President In America - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Black President In America (3556 Views)

Poll: Is the US of A ready for a black president?

Yes, maybe: 48% (19 votes)
No: 51% (20 votes)
This poll has ended

Photo Of Bola Tinubu On The 'wall Of Fame' As An Outstanding Alumni In America / President Jonathan Hosts John Mahama, Ghana's President In Port-Hacourt (Photos) / Mammoth Crowd Waiting For Mr President In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Black President In America by kabiyesi(m): 2:50am On Feb 09, 2007
Ndipe ~ You 've not mentioned where a Vice-President outed a sitting President.
Re: Black President In America by afrikangal(f): 9:54am On Feb 09, 2007
if there is there is no big deal in dat.init embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Black President In America by Shagari2(m): 12:04pm On Feb 10, 2007
Strange how this particular topic comes up every 4 yrs, I think our great great great great great great great great great great great great grand children will still be discussing this every 4 yrs, that is if the aliens that are coming haven't taken over by than! Be warned, they ARE COMING! tongue
Re: Black President In America by paulina29(f): 3:17am On Feb 11, 2007
well America is becoming more & more diverse now it might not be 2008 presidential race but very soon.
Re: Black President In America by allonym: 7:14pm On Feb 15, 2007
People on the first page were saying something about the USA would have a white female president before a black one.

I think they are forgetting that black males could vote in the USA almost 60 years before white females.

The argument that a white woman would become president before a black male is fallacious.
Re: Black President In America by BigB11(m): 11:23pm On Feb 15, 2007
The sad part is the fact that the real African Americans are hesitant to show OBAMA some love. They feel that he isn't totally representating American Blackness in general.

His papa was from Kenya, while hi mama was white American.

Regardless of all these obstacles, I still believe he can do it; this is the time.
Re: Black President In America by allonym: 12:01am On Feb 16, 2007
Big B1:

The sad part is the fact that the real African Americans are hesitant to show OBAMA some love. They feel that he isn't totally representating American Blackness in general.

His papa was from Kenya, while hi mama was white American.

Regardless of all these obstacles, I still believe he can do it; this is the time.

I know. . I find that really distressing.
Re: Black President In America by bernoulli(m): 1:46am On Feb 16, 2007
Senator Obama is the man to beat in the current race for US president. His charisma far outweighs that of Hilary Clinton.

Currently, he may feel that he has a lot of supporters, but I am sure he will not make it at the polls, because most of these white dudes still have it at the back of their mind that nothing good can come out of a person when the person is black(Colored).

At times I cant just understand why someone must be crucified for his skin color, Na Wahoo for RACISM embarassed
Re: Black President In America by Akinagirl(f): 5:17am On Feb 16, 2007
sad, but its not likely.
Re: Black President In America by Ndipe(m): 6:09am On Feb 16, 2007
Sorry for bursting your bubble, but Obama is trailing Hilary Clinton in the polls.
Re: Black President In America by luvlymoi(f): 5:19pm On Feb 16, 2007
i think its about time they had a black president
Re: Black President In America by IBEXY(m): 1:26pm On Feb 17, 2007
I think what we are about to see in America is the first female president. I like Obama for taking a stand against the invasion of Iraq but I dont think America is yet ready for a black man in the white house. The white dudes might support him openly but what happens in their closets in their private times. Will a black man ever lord it over the white folks? I heard there are some towns in USA that are a no go area for blacks up to now.
Re: Black President In America by shutmouth(m): 2:39pm On Feb 17, 2007
Black Like Me?

What does it mean to be black, and who is the arbiter of authentic blackness?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/02/15/AR2007021501270.html?referrer=emailarticle
Re: Black President In America by IBEXY(m): 12:41pm On Feb 20, 2007
Re: Black President In America by slimnike(m): 5:17am On Mar 08, 2007
In America, if a black Man is voting for you, that means you are losing 4 white vote. sad sad sad
Re: Black President In America by deb(m): 3:59pm On Mar 16, 2009
I am an advocate of optimism and positive thinking. At the time this post was made
majority of you did not see a black American presidency coming to past.
Now it has already happened! Black man is the President of USA

2 Likes

Re: Black President In America by muda1: 12:26am On Mar 18, 2009
cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Igbomina State Out Of Kwara State / NIMASA Intercepts Vessel With Petroleum Products / Is Abia The Worst State In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.