Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,563 members, 7,885,340 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 08:26 AM

What Goes Around Comes Around: Really? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Goes Around Comes Around: Really? (2245 Views)

What Goes Around Comes Around. / What Goes Around Comes Around.. / "what Goes Around Comes Around" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Goes Around Comes Around: Really? by luvbooks(f): 10:52pm On Dec 21, 2009
Hey people. . .

I have realized that people sometimes come to me to ask for advice concerning relationships and other life issues as well. Not that I'm an expert on those type of things. I have made my own fair share of mistakes. But in my uni, I have seen and heard about a lot of things. Guys beating their girlfriends, cheating on them, and all sorts of other things. . . and even though my Uni is in the UK, there are so many Nigerians here that nothing can be kept a secret.
So one day I thought of all my friends who are/ have been in bad relationships, and it seemed so sad to me that these guys are just playing the field. Some of them were really good girls who were just not experienced enough and the boy involved just messed them up entirely. Some others just dont want to let go of the guy even though he has treated them badly.
All I can do is think of the saying, " What goes up must come down/ what goes around must come around". But does this really happen? People do a lot of wicked things to others and walk away scot- free. And they get ready for their next target. Why must the wicked ones get away with  the things they do? And does karma really happen or is it just a myth?

And can anyone give instances if they have heard of such a thing happening?

I ask this because when these girls come to tell me, I actually do feel their pain. I give them the advice I think they need but I know it won't change anything. So PLEASE, answers and no insults,  I realize that no one really knows the answer to this question but any thoughts would be appreciated.
Re: What Goes Around Comes Around: Really? by freecocoa(f): 11:00pm On Dec 21, 2009
why do u think dats my signature?i believe it does happen even if it takes a very long time.
Re: What Goes Around Comes Around: Really? by rocnaija(m): 11:08pm On Dec 21, 2009
Hmmm, so just out of curiosity, do you think it's also fair to say maybe your friends in question had also done a few bad things in their past and them meeting 'the-boyfriend-that-beat-them' is also just karma?

There are so many ways to spin it if you look at the bigger picture, wouldn't you say?
Re: What Goes Around Comes Around: Really? by luvbooks(f): 11:21pm On Dec 21, 2009
@ Rocnaija;
I do get your point, and I'm not trying to speak for all of them, but the cases which interest me the most are those who had never been in any previous relationships but ended up being treated badly . I just put it down to ignorance because they had been too sheltered by their families. But that's not an excuse for the ways those boys made fools out of them.
As for those who got beaten up, I honestly cant say because I dont know all of their relationship history. The sad part is that one of my friends who got currently beaten up by her boyfriend is the one who had the perfect relationship. It wasn't a matter of pretence, they just seemed like a perfect couple, because they spent almost all their waking hours together. The only time you ever see her is in class. And even till now, the boy is still begging. But she's scared because this isn't the first time.
Re: What Goes Around Comes Around: Really? by skfa1: 11:28pm On Dec 21, 2009
luvbooks:

@ Rocnaija;
I do get your point, and I'm not trying to speak for all of them, but the cases which interest me the most are those who had never been in any previous relationships but ended up being treated badly . I just put it down to ignorance because they had been too sheltered by their families. But that's not an excuse for the ways those boys made fools out of them.
As for those who got beaten up, I honestly cant say because I dont know all of their relationship history. The sad part is that one of my friends who got currently beaten up by her boyfriend is the one who had the perfect relationship. It wasn't a matter of pretence, they just seemed like a perfect couple, because they spent almost all their waking hours together. The only time you ever see her is in class. And even till now, the boy is still begging. But she's scared because this isn't the first time.

This is why I always pray never to raise my hand to beat my gurl `cos once u`ve done it, sorry you will continue to do it.
Re: What Goes Around Comes Around: Really? by echobee(f): 11:41pm On Dec 21, 2009
men are in soup grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Goes Around Comes Around: Really? by candylips(m): 12:25am On Dec 22, 2009
^^ serious ogbono soup tongue
Re: What Goes Around Comes Around: Really? by luvbooks(f): 9:51pm On Dec 22, 2009
@ Candylips ; Soup as in? Why do you say that?
Re: What Goes Around Comes Around: Really? by mamagee3(f): 10:09pm On Dec 22, 2009
What is this about again? undecided
Re: What Goes Around Comes Around: Really? by sistawoman: 10:11pm On Dec 22, 2009
Karma is real

I had a boss that sexual harassed me and I was let go from the job with a nice settlement.

But it took two years for Karma to catch him.  He was fired from his job, his wife and children left him and he had to move back to NY with his parents.  I did not go digging for the information but it landed in my lap.

I dont mess with Karma.  When people do me dirty I know it is going to catch up to them.  I let go and let Karma deal with it.  Because I believe that if I seek revenge on them that i move their bad Karma from them to me and I dont want anymore bad Karma.
Re: What Goes Around Comes Around: Really? by TheSly: 10:17pm On Dec 22, 2009
luvbooks:

Hey people. . .

I have realized that people sometimes come to me to ask for advice concerning relationships and other life issues as well. Not that I'm an expert on those type of things. I have made my own fair share of mistakes. But in my uni, I have seen and heard about a lot of things. Guys beating their girlfriends, cheating on them, and all sorts of other things. . . and even though my Uni is in the UK, there are so many Nigerians here that nothing can be kept a secret.
So one day I thought of all my friends who are/ have been in bad relationships, and it seemed so sad to me that these guys are just playing the field. Some of them were really good girls who were just not experienced enough and the boy involved just messed them up entirely. Some others just dont want to let go of the guy even though he has treated them badly.
All I can do is think of the saying, " What goes up must come down/ what goes around must come around". But does this really happen? People do a lot of wicked things to others and walk away scot- free. And they get ready for their next target. Why must the wicked ones get away with  the things they do? And does karma really happen or is it just a myth?

And can anyone give instances if they have heard of such a thing happening?

I ask this because when these girls come to tell me, I actually do feel their pain. I give them the advice I think they need but I know it won't change anything. So PLEASE, answers and no insults,  I realize that no one really knows the answer to this question but any thoughts would be appreciated.
Sorry. . . . Life isn't fair to the good ones.
And take this, There are many things that goes up that will never come down.
I believe in many things but ''Karma'' isn't one of them. . . .To me, its just another BS from the dictionary.
Re: What Goes Around Comes Around: Really? by luvbooks(f): 12:28am On Dec 23, 2009
mama-gee:

What is this about again? undecided

Read my first post.
Re: What Goes Around Comes Around: Really? by mamagee3(f): 12:41am On Dec 23, 2009
luvbooks:

Read my first post.

What was your first post about? undecided
Re: What Goes Around Comes Around: Really? by luvbooks(f): 12:45am On Dec 23, 2009
@ Mama- Gee ;
Read it, think about it for five minutes. If it still doesn't come to you, then go to bed and sleep on it. And if you've done that and the next morning you STILL don't understand, then feel free to write yourself off as an idiot.
Re: What Goes Around Comes Around: Really? by mamagee3(f): 1:27am On Dec 23, 2009
luvbooks:

@ Mama- Gee ;
   Read it, think about it for five minutes. If it still doesn't come to you, then go to bed and sleep on it. And if you've done that and the next morning you STILL don't understand, then feel free to write yourself off as A SlowPoke.

In which you are already certified as one.
Useless ode
. cool
Re: What Goes Around Comes Around: Really? by TruMantra(m): 5:11am On Dec 23, 2009
Hey Luvbooks,

I know the "exact" answers to your questions but I'll let you in on it when you come back online.
Re: What Goes Around Comes Around: Really? by henryhemon(m): 6:49am On Dec 23, 2009
What goes around comes around,karma do come to pass not only in romance but in all spheres of life.
Re: What Goes Around Comes Around: Really? by kpolli(m): 9:25am On Dec 23, 2009
most times it comes too late
Re: What Goes Around Comes Around: Really? by luvbooks(f): 1:38am On Dec 24, 2009
mama-gee:

In which you are already certified as one.
Useless ode
. cool

Lol, out of everyone who made a comment on this topic, you were the only one who didn't understand what I explained so clearly. You asked what it was about and I asked you to read it. And you STILL asked what it was about. I mean, come on. You should have figured out that YOU are the ode by now. wink

@ Tru Mantra ; Whenever you're ready, ! I'll appreciate it very much. grin
Re: What Goes Around Comes Around: Really? by TruMantra(m): 8:10am On Dec 24, 2009
Ok Luvbooks, here goes,

From days of long ago, from uncharted regions of the universe comes a legend, the legend of;

Ok, it's time for another break.
I'll get back to sharing this invaluable shard of knowlege after I get outta bed.

By the way, why'd you switch your profile pic from "heaven" to what heaven should look like?
Re: What Goes Around Comes Around: Really? by Nobody: 9:03am On Dec 24, 2009
Its not what goes around comes around kan akn.

Itz being careful with the person you fccuk with. That person may later on influence your life. One way another.

Karma ko koinkoin ni
Re: What Goes Around Comes Around: Really? by na2day2(m): 9:06am On Dec 24, 2009
luvbooks:

@ Rocnaija;

so technically, it means all ur friends all lack common sense to hook up with the wrong dudes (which by the way tells me what to think of u, remember, show me ur friends and i will tell u who u are) or just like a poster pointed out, they must have done sumtin bad to sum1 when they were little and karma or whatever else u ppl believe in is catching up to them, right? tongue tongue tongue
Re: What Goes Around Comes Around: Really? by Moyola(f): 9:11am On Dec 24, 2009
Nemesis will alwayz catch up
Re: What Goes Around Comes Around: Really? by iice(f): 2:11pm On Dec 24, 2009
karma doesn't always catch up. Some people go scot-free. People tend to be fanatics hence rely mostly on 'fate' than on common sense. Not saying fate doesn't interfere but to rely solely on, he/she's gonna get what's coming to her/him. . .yeessh. Help your bloody self.
Re: What Goes Around Comes Around: Really? by luvbooks(f): 2:38pm On Dec 24, 2009
@ Tru Mantra ;
     I think you're a clown. . .  kmt . . .   grin grin grin

na2day?:

so technically, it means all your friends all lack common sense to hook up with the wrong dudes (which by the way tells me what to think of u, remember, show me your friends and i will tell u who u are) or just like a poster pointed out, they must have done sumtin bad to sum1 when they were little and karma or whatever else u ppl believe in is catching up to them, right?  tongue tongue tongue

First of all, I never said ALL my friends are in bad relationships. I have no idea where you got that idea from. If you ASSUMED so, then it was of your own doing and not because of anything I said. I am referring to those who are in bad relationships because they are the ones I am concerned about. Those who are in good relationships are happy and I have no cause to question them.

So I assume you are saying that you have never heard/ been in  a relationshop where the other person seemed to feel the same way about you as you felt for them , until you discovered that the person had an Achilles' heel you really couldnt deal with.
You dont even know these girls and you dont know the people they are going out with, so you cant automatically assume that they are the wrong guys. So don't you think you're putting the cart before the horse?
Like I said before, I'm not speaking for all of them. I honestly dont know why you are taking my comments the wrong way. This was what was said ;

rocnaija:

Hmmm, so just out of curiosity, do you think it's also fair to say maybe your friends in question had also done a few bad things in their past and them meeting 'the-boyfriend-that-beat-them' is also just karma?

There are so many ways to spin it if you look at the bigger picture, wouldn't you say?

And this was how I replied.
luvbooks:

@ Rocnaija;
      I do get your point, and I'm not trying to speak for all of them, but the cases which interest me the most are those who had never been in any previous  relationships but ended up being treated badly . I just put it down to ignorance because they had been too sheltered by their families. But that's not an excuse for the ways those boys made fools out of them.
     As for those who got beaten up, I honestly cant say because I dont know all of their relationship history. The sad part is that one of my friends who got currently beaten up by her boyfriend is the one who had the perfect relationship. It wasn't a matter of pretence, they just seemed like a perfect couple, because they spent almost all their waking hours together. The only time you ever see her is in class.   And even till now, the boy is still begging. But she's scared because this isn't the first time.

Someone asked if they did something in the past which would warrant the way they were being treated. And as you can see, I mentioned that the cases which interested me were those who were nice, kind, loving and all of that, but the boy still had to mess up in one way or the other.  I'm not a hypocrite and I told those who had erred where they went wrong. But for some girls I just didnt have anything to say because they really tried. In fact the only thing I could reprimand them for was trying too hard. Thats the point I'm trying to make.
Please don't jump to conclusions next time, ok? Thanks.
Re: What Goes Around Comes Around: Really? by TruMantra(m): 10:00pm On Dec 24, 2009
luvbooks:

@ Tru Mantra ;

Luvbooks,

Emi, clown shocked shocked shocked

Now you're gonna get nemesis a.k.a karma on your tail. Ha!  grin

The whole what goes around comes around thing is certainly true. Still , it's kinda complex.
Say I'm nasty to a stranger does that equal enough karma credits for my chick to treat me badly in the future or is that only enough for another stranger to be nasty to me?
And say I'm really horrid to my current babe, does that gain me enough nemesis numbers to ensure that the next girl i date is gonna put me through hell?

Again, do my good deeds cancel out my negative ones and so should I be keeping a spreadsheet of my deeds to ensure that each time I start to get a negative balance I get to doing good deeds to balance the total?

Luvbooks, you called me a clown, so you better say something nice to me to balance your karma credit ok.

Waiting!  grin grin wink
Re: What Goes Around Comes Around: Really? by luvbooks(f): 2:27am On Dec 25, 2009
Tru Mantra:

Luvbooks,

Emi, clown shocked shocked shocked

Now you're gonna get nemesis a.k.a karma on your tail. Ha!  grin

The whole what goes around comes around thing is certainly true. Still , it's kinda complex.
Say I'm nasty to a stranger does that equal enough karma credits for my chick to treat me badly in the future or is that only enough for another stranger to be nasty to me?
And say I'm really horrid to my current babe, does that gain me enough nemesis numbers to ensure that the next girl i date is gonna put me through hell?

Again, do my good deeds cancel out my negative ones and so should I be keeping a spreadsheet of my deeds to ensure that each time I start to get a negative balance I get to doing good deeds to balance the total?

Luvbooks, you called me a clown, so you better say something nice to me to balance your karma credit ok.

Waiting!  grin grin wink

Lol,  ok, you're a clown, but you're a NICE clown. Hehe . . .  grin cheesy wink

But yeah, thats another thing. We do bad things to people but how bad is bad? Does that fact that it might not have been intentional matter?  And how is the karma balance measured?

But as regards strangers, I would like to believe that if you do something nasty to a stranger, sometime in the future, a stranger might treat you nastily as well. However,  someone once told me that if you play with a serious guy ( as in, break his heart, cheat on him, and so on ) that it comes back to you. And vice- versa if a guy does it to a girl who really likes him.
But sometimes the things one does to others doesnt really come back to them. Sometimes it happens to one's children. And thats when it hurts the most , because you as a parent knows that your child does not deserve to feel such pain. This doesnt happen all the time though.
Re: What Goes Around Comes Around: Really? by TruMantra(m): 7:46am On Dec 25, 2009
Luvbooks,

Saying I'm a nice clown doesn't quite qualify as saying something nice you know?
Fortunately it's christmas day already for you and almost christmas day for me as well so Karma and Nemesis are taking the day off.

And by the way, I do have the answers that you search for o seeker of wisdom but hey, it's the season to be jolly so I'll spill the beans later on.

Off to count down the hours to christmas.

Merry christmas!
Re: What Goes Around Comes Around: Really? by na2day2(m): 5:12am On Dec 26, 2009
luvbooks:

@ Tru Mantra ;

First of all, I never said ALL my friends are in bad relationships. I have no idea where you got that idea from. If you ASSUMED so, then it was of your own doing and not because of anything I said. I am referring to those who are in bad relationships because they are the ones I am concerned about. Those who are in good relationships are happy and I have no cause to question them.

So I assume you are saying that you have never heard/ been in  a relationshop where the other person seemed to feel the same way about you as you felt for them , until you discovered that the person had an Achilles' heel you really couldnt deal with.
You dont even know these girls and you dont know the people they are going out with, so you cant automatically assume that they are the wrong guys. So don't you think you're putting the cart before the horse?
Like I said before, I'm not speaking for all of them. I honestly dont know why you are taking my comments the wrong way. This was what was said ;

And this was how I replied.

Someone asked if they did something in the past which would warrant the way they were being treated. And as you can see, I mentioned that the cases which interested me were those who were nice, kind, loving and all of that, but the boy still had to mess up in one way or the other.  I'm not a hypocrite and I told those who had erred where they went wrong. But for some girls I just didnt have anything to say because they really tried. In fact the only thing I could reprimand them for was trying too hard. Thats the point I'm trying to make.
Please don't jump to conclusions next time, ok? Thanks.

apparently,  u didnt read your own post!
Re: What Goes Around Comes Around: Really? by luvbooks(f): 3:56pm On Dec 26, 2009
So where or when did I say so, then?
And besides, stop trying to derail the topic. My question is written clearly in my post so stop trying to put words in my mouth and pick arguments that dont exist.
Re: What Goes Around Comes Around: Really? by na2day2(m): 7:41am On Dec 27, 2009
luvbooks:

So where or when did I say so, then?
And besides, stop trying to derail the topic. My question is written clearly in my post so stop trying to put words in my mouth and pick arguments that dont exist.

me put words in ur mouth? ur mouth is big enough for anything to be put into, but for me to put words in it is a waste of mine previous words
Re: What Goes Around Comes Around: Really? by luvbooks(f): 1:48pm On Dec 27, 2009
@ Na2day ; I can see that you have no case. You just want to pick an argument with someone. If you have nothing to say, then stay away from the thread because you're being really unreasonable right now. If I had actually said that ALL my friends were in bad relationships, then quote me but you have refused to do so. Obviously because I said no such thing and you know that. But instead you've chosen to insult me instead of stating your point even after I took the pains to try to explain my statement to you.

@ Tru Mantra ;  Ok, then,  what should I say that would pacify your wounded soul?  cheesy cheesy smiley But i never knew Karma and Nemesis had off- duty hours . . .   hmmmm. . .

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Dose It Means / If Girls Were Like phones, Which Would You Prefer / Why Do Men(nigerian) Like Women Too Much

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.