Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,004 members, 7,933,412 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 06:26 AM

Why You Should Never Sleep On Your Right Side - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why You Should Never Sleep On Your Right Side (1751 Views)

Never Sleep On The Same Bed As Babies, It Can Kill Them- Dr Olufunmilayo / I Have A Druggie Feeling, My Right Side From Head To Toe Is Numb / What Side Is Your Heart On, left or right side? Answer.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Should Never Sleep On Your Right Side by muyexzy: 4:48pm On Mar 23, 2017
On average we sleep about eight hours every night, which means that we actually spend a third of our lives in bed. Sleep is incredibly important for our health and if we don't get enough of it, our bodies get out of balance. But according to a recent study, the amount of sleep we get isn't the only factor affecting our health. The study found that our sleeping position can also have a dramatic effect on our health.

Researchers determined that it is healthier to sleep on your left side. The reasons are quite simple but still plausible. i've summarised five of them

1. Improved Lymph Drainage
The lymphatic system can remove waste material more easily because it it transported along the left side of the body.

2. Better for your heart
It's easier for the heart to pump blood through the body because the main artery bends to the left.

3. Helps with digestion
Stomach acids can't flow into the oesophagus because it comes out of the right side of the stomach. This helps digestion and prevents acid reflux

4. Anatomical peculiarities
The stomach and the pancreas are located on the left side of the body. When we lie on our right side, the stomach pushes agains the pancreas and obstructs its functioning.

5. Relief for the spleen
Waste materials are transported to the spleen on the left side and can be expelled from the body faster.

Share these insights with your family and friends to help them get healthier sleep!

see full article here: http://www.hefty.co/sleep-on-the-left/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg7wN2kIr6c

Cc:

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Obinoscopy
Seun
Semid4lyfe
Re: Why You Should Never Sleep On Your Right Side by LordIsaac(m): 4:54pm On Mar 23, 2017
Nawa o
Re: Why You Should Never Sleep On Your Right Side by Nobody: 4:56pm On Mar 23, 2017
..... half of the population of the world should have been dead by now if so.
Re: Why You Should Never Sleep On Your Right Side by cana882(m): 5:00pm On Mar 23, 2017
Very true and valid points. But many can't abide to this in Nigeria cause of our epileptic power supply. When heat greet you, you will even sleep on your head.
Re: Why You Should Never Sleep On Your Right Side by ShobayoEmma(m): 5:12pm On Mar 23, 2017
What a free drug thread. Buy it before it becomes more expensive out-there.
Re: Why You Should Never Sleep On Your Right Side by nassipickin(m): 5:15pm On Mar 23, 2017
[quote author=muyexzy post=54874185]On average we sleep about eight hours every night, which means that we actually spend a third of our lives in bed. Sleep is incredibly important for our health and if we don't get enough of it, our bodies get out of balance. But according to a recent study, the amount of sleep we get isn't the only factor affecting our health. The study found that our sleeping position can also have a dramatic effect on our health.

Researchers determined that it is healthier to sleep on your left side. The reasons are quite simple but still plausible. i've summarised five of them

1. Improved Lymph Drainage
The lymphatic system can remove waste material more easily because it it transported along the left side of the body.

GOOD
Re: Why You Should Never Sleep On Your Right Side by Taidi(m): 6:21pm On Mar 23, 2017
Noted

(1) (Reply)

My Experience At Regions Stroke Neuroscience Hospital / Pls Can You Tell Me How I Can Cure Long Typhold-fever. / Why Deworming Is Good For You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.