Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,397 members, 7,881,444 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:44 PM

Oba Rilwan Akiolu: "No Vacancy For Lagos Governorship Position In 2019" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oba Rilwan Akiolu: "No Vacancy For Lagos Governorship Position In 2019" (19140 Views)

Obaseki And Shuaibu Visit Oba Rilwan Akiolu In Lagos (Photos) / No Vacancy In Enugu, Bishop Chukwuma Tells Acting President Osinbajo / No Vacancy In Enugu Government House, Fr. Mbaka Declares (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oba Rilwan Akiolu: "No Vacancy For Lagos Governorship Position In 2019" by nazzyon(m): 8:05pm On Mar 23, 2017
Oba of Lagos, Rilwan Akiolu on Thursday said those nursing the ambition to contest the 2019 governorship election to govern Lagos should kill the idea as there is no vacancy and alternative to Governor Akinwunmi Ambode.

Akiolu, who spoke at the 21st Convocation ceremony of the Lagos State University, LASU held at the university’s auditorium complex, Ojo, Lagos, Southwest Nigeria said Ambode was performing well in the state and should be given second term of four years in office.

“And that was why about nine months to the 2015 governorship election, I told residents of Lagos that Ambode will be the next governor of the state either they vote or not but they all doubted me.

“The only way to avoid not wasting their money is to support Ambode and his deputy to rule Lagos for the next six years. “Few days ago, one of the aspirants greeted me and alleged that I halted his ambition.

“No one should come out in 2019 and declare his ambition. The only way to avoid not wasting their money is to support Ambode and his deputy to rule Lagos for the next six years,” he said.

The monarch also said if God would allow him to come back to this world again, he would still like to become a police officer.

“I always pray that if God could give me the chance to come to this world again, I want to be a police officer and lawyer and a first class monarch again.

“The state of the country indicates the type of police it gets. And that is why I can confidently say that my in 32 years as a police officer, I never collected money from anyone before performing my duties as a law enforcement officer,” he said.

Akiolu added that he often prayed before and after leaving his bed daily, saying: “that is one of the things I learn from the late father of Professor Peter Okebukola, who served as my cadet officer then. And the prayer has helped me a lot.

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2017/03/23/2019-no-vacancy-lagos-governorship-position-akiolu/

6 Likes

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu: "No Vacancy For Lagos Governorship Position In 2019" by HottestFire: 8:07pm On Mar 23, 2017
Too early if I may say but that's the truth for now

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu: "No Vacancy For Lagos Governorship Position In 2019" by Grundig: 8:10pm On Mar 23, 2017
For a so called first class king, this guy talks way too much and dabbles into politics as though it is some sort of domestic affairs

73 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu: "No Vacancy For Lagos Governorship Position In 2019" by sarrki(m): 8:12pm On Mar 23, 2017
visible to the blind and Audible to the deaf
Ambo ride on

56 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu: "No Vacancy For Lagos Governorship Position In 2019" by TrapHedges(m): 8:12pm On Mar 23, 2017
Too early to conclude tho
iono much abt lagos state but ambode is good for now

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu: "No Vacancy For Lagos Governorship Position In 2019" by sarrki(m): 8:14pm On Mar 23, 2017
Grundig:
For a so called first class king, this guy talks way too much and dabbles into politics like at will.

so he's not entitled to talk?

Ambo is doing well

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu: "No Vacancy For Lagos Governorship Position In 2019" by emamos: 8:15pm On Mar 23, 2017
man proposes,God disposes...Eko oni baje

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu: "No Vacancy For Lagos Governorship Position In 2019" by Nobody: 8:18pm On Mar 23, 2017
Wetin Ambode don do since he took ova?

I prophesy than a non indigene would contest in 2019 elections and lead the way. Only the State Court can upturn the result.

We are watching, so far the governor has not performed.

Poor performance so far.

His peers like El Rufai, Tambuwal, Wike even Fayose are ahead of the curve with lean resources.

Useless APC government

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu: "No Vacancy For Lagos Governorship Position In 2019" by AngelicBeing: 8:19pm On Mar 23, 2017
Keneking:
He is developing lagos, Eko oni baje tongue

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu: "No Vacancy For Lagos Governorship Position In 2019" by Grundig: 8:21pm On Mar 23, 2017
sarrki:

so he's not entitled to talk?

Ambo is doing well
This will be the last this time I will engage you.

For a 'king' he ought to talk less. He should borrow a leaf from a more senior and more recognised royalty, the oni of ife.

This man has spoken about obj, atiku, igbos, ambode, jimi agbaje, PDP, gej. . .

21 Likes

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu: "No Vacancy For Lagos Governorship Position In 2019" by tellwisdom: 8:23pm On Mar 23, 2017
Grundig:
For a so called first class king, this guy talks way too much and dabbles into politics as though it is some sort of domestic affairs

Who dash monkey banana sad

17 Likes

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu: "No Vacancy For Lagos Governorship Position In 2019" by Tunami(m): 8:27pm On Mar 23, 2017
This oba talks too much.

15 Likes

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu: "No Vacancy For Lagos Governorship Position In 2019" by dolphinife: 8:35pm On Mar 23, 2017
Keneking:

I prophesy than a non indigene would contest in 2019 elections and lead the way. Only the State Court can upturn the result.

We are watching, so far the governor has not performed.

Poor performance so far.

His peers like El Rufai, Tambuwal, Wike even Fayose are ahead of the curve with lean resources.

Useless APC government

Incongruous and incorrigible statements

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu: "No Vacancy For Lagos Governorship Position In 2019" by id911(m): 9:47pm On Mar 23, 2017
Grundig:

stop misinforming the public, the Oba of Lagos is not recognized anywhere let alone being a first class king! It is just the name Lagos added to his title that gives him insignificant recognition.

Even in yorubaland when big obas are having meeting he may not be invited, when he is lucky to be invited, he can't open his mouth to talk until he's permitted

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu: "No Vacancy For Lagos Governorship Position In 2019" by Grundig: 9:51pm On Mar 23, 2017
id911:

stop misinforming the public, the Oba of Lagos is not recognized anywhere let alone being a first class king! It is just the name Lagos added to his title that gives him insignificant recognition.

Even in yorubaland when big obas are having meeting he may not be invited, when he is lucky to be invited, he can't open his mouth to talk until he's permitted
Thanks for the clarification.

I thought he was a force to reckon with.

22 Likes

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu: "No Vacancy For Lagos Governorship Position In 2019" by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:54pm On Mar 23, 2017
What a reckless statement from the King.

3 Likes

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu: "No Vacancy For Lagos Governorship Position In 2019" by Flexherbal(m): 9:59pm On Mar 23, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
What a reckless statement from the King.
Religious leaders and traditional rulers should stay away from politics.

3 Likes

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu: "No Vacancy For Lagos Governorship Position In 2019" by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:22pm On Mar 23, 2017
Flexherbal:

Religious leaders and traditional rulers should stay away from politics.
They can't, they are also citizens but they must be ready to be dragged to the mud like any politician

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu: "No Vacancy For Lagos Governorship Position In 2019" by CallmeGlad(f): 11:58pm On Mar 23, 2017
If you are still under the illusion that power will shift back to any other party or than APC come 2019,you either need serious flogging or brain resetting.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu: "No Vacancy For Lagos Governorship Position In 2019" by moufan: 12:08am On Mar 24, 2017
true, infact anybody willing to contest against ambode is a joke cos he/she knows it's an effort in futility

ambode,the best governor in nigeria

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu: "No Vacancy For Lagos Governorship Position In 2019" by Nobody: 8:20am On Mar 24, 2017
Oga's advisers should always remind him of the sacred trust of the office he holds.

He must always be seen as a father to all, so all can live free from fear of the Lagoon
Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu: "No Vacancy For Lagos Governorship Position In 2019" by Nobody: 8:27am On Mar 24, 2017
Oba Lil wayne Akiolu. The disgraced police officer should keep quiet. This man is always a disgrace and will remain one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu: "No Vacancy For Lagos Governorship Position In 2019" by id911(m): 9:30am On Mar 24, 2017
Grundig:
Thanks for the clarification.
I thought he was a force to reckon with.
ur welcome sir
Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu: "No Vacancy For Lagos Governorship Position In 2019" by greatgod2012(f): 9:34am On Mar 24, 2017
Another lagoon threat loading..........
Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu: "No Vacancy For Lagos Governorship Position In 2019" by jullty: 9:34am On Mar 24, 2017
What is he doing there.
Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu: "No Vacancy For Lagos Governorship Position In 2019" by yemmight(m): 9:41am On Mar 24, 2017
This Oba talk no dey make sense to me.

3 Likes

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu: "No Vacancy For Lagos Governorship Position In 2019" by mmsen: 10:55am On Mar 24, 2017
Grundig:

All of these monarchs and traditional rulers are useless.

All this fool does is run his mouth. Same as Sanusi.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu: "No Vacancy For Lagos Governorship Position In 2019" by Nobody: 10:56am On Mar 24, 2017

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Expect One Naira To One Dollar If I'm Elected - Okorocha / Photos Of Yemi Osinbajo In Boston, USA / ICPC Raids Namadi Sambo’s Home In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.