Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,894 members, 7,976,346 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 06:00 AM

Is It Ok For A 7yr Old To Be "this Fat" - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Is It Ok For A 7yr Old To Be "this Fat" (1821 Views)

Is It Ok To Do Xray Twice Within Few Month / Is it ok to wear no underwear or it's unhygienic....? / Premature Ejaculation-is It Ok To Use Drugs (delay Cream, Spray Etc) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Is It Ok For A 7yr Old To Be "this Fat" by dominique(f): 8:04pm On Dec 23, 2009
rhymz:

so basically U re saying putting him on diet and exercise may not work for him due to a slow metabolism occassioned by the obesity?
Remember i said doctors had told the mum that at 7yrs it will be risky for him to undergo any surgery in this regard.I don't know if U re a medical practioner but don't U think liposuction is a dangerous procedure for any kid?I got to know about that procedure after the death of stella Obasanjo. Even at that,at what age do U think he might be fit to do any surgery if it comes to that?And thanx for your candid suggestions.

you're right, surgery can not be performed on a child, but from what i see in the picture, diet and exercise can only get him so far.
surgery is highly recommended when he grows older and he's still like that. meanwhile, his parents should visit a nutritionist that will recommend low calorie diets he can eat, they should also involve him in cardio exercises like jogging, skipping etc. in fact the whole family should join him in the exercises to encourage him more. and most someone needs to educate him about the consequences of his obesity.

(1) (2) (Reply)

[graphic Photo] WOW! World’s ‘largest Tumour’removed From A Chinese Man’s Leg. / Sex During And After Pregnancy / Wat causes black head

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.