Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,379 members, 7,901,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 09:35 PM

How Police Seized $91 Million Worth Of Cocaine Branded In Lionel Messi's Name - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / How Police Seized $91 Million Worth Of Cocaine Branded In Lionel Messi's Name (554 Views)

Broda Shaggi: How Police Put Tramadol In My Car To Frame Me Up / Mavin Records’ Dj Bign Arrested After Police Seized Gun From Him (photos) / Cossy Orjiakor: "My New Butt Is N1.5 Million Worth" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Police Seized $91 Million Worth Of Cocaine Branded In Lionel Messi's Name by Nihza(m): 6:03am On Mar 24, 2017
Police in Peru have reportedly seized a staggering $91 million (£73million) worth of cocaine branded with non other than Lionel Messi, whose face is on the packaging, SI writes.

The stash, which weighed 1.417 kilograms, had Messi’s logo, his name and also had the royal seal of the King of Spain on the packaging, and was ingenuously hidden inside 1,200 giant squid fillets.

An image of five packages wrapped in cling film was uploaded to Twitter by the handle, @TeamFA, with a picture of the Argentine maestro in a Barcelona shirt in the bottom right corner.

Also stamped across this packaging is his name with an icon resembling his official “M” logo and what looks like a Nike football.

Talk about smearing one’s image!

There hasn’t been any report of arrests as authorities in Peru claim the packages – the second largest in the country this year – arrived from the Apurimac, Ene and Mantaro Rivers Valley region in Peru and were destined for Europe.

Curiously, this isn’t the first time the Argentine no 10 has had his image smeared across cocaine seized in a bust.

In December 2015, authorities in New York arrested two men in the Bronx and seized $3 million worth of cocaine, some of which was stamped with the word “Messi” on the bricks.

http://mojidelano.com/2017/03/bust-how-police-seized-a-staggering-91-million-worth-of-cocaine-branded-in-lionel-messis-name-and-face/
Re: How Police Seized $91 Million Worth Of Cocaine Branded In Lionel Messi's Name by baylord101(m): 6:08am On Mar 24, 2017
No pissure?
Re: How Police Seized $91 Million Worth Of Cocaine Branded In Lionel Messi's Name by Nobody: 6:12am On Mar 24, 2017
Just like that
Re: How Police Seized $91 Million Worth Of Cocaine Branded In Lionel Messi's Name by femolacqua(m): 6:38am On Mar 24, 2017
My oh my that's not good.
Re: How Police Seized $91 Million Worth Of Cocaine Branded In Lionel Messi's Name by Nihza(m): 6:40am On Mar 24, 2017
baylord101:
No pissure?

Oh sorry,

There are pictures in the original post
Re: How Police Seized $91 Million Worth Of Cocaine Branded In Lionel Messi's Name by mcmurphy132(m): 6:41am On Mar 24, 2017
Igbo at work!!!!!!
Igbo at work!!!!!!

(1) (Reply)

Oops! See The Birthday Cake A Fan Surprised Singer Orezi With (18+ Photos) / Tonto Dikeh Apologizes To Journalist Azuka Over N3million Statement / Check Out This Hilarious Church Poster

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.