Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,325 members, 7,888,030 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 05:52 PM

IGBOS Should Not Be Stereotyped. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IGBOS Should Not Be Stereotyped. (1111 Views)

Nigerians Are Already Been Stereotyped In The US! / Why Igbos Should Forget About 2023 Presidency – Uwazuruike / Igbos Should Stop Complaining, They Didn’t Invest In Buhari’s Campaign – Ngige (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

IGBOS Should Not Be Stereotyped. by Zukerberg: 2:22pm On Mar 25, 2017
By Chukwuma Orji

I have read,with dismay all over the social media,very funny stereotypes of the Igbos and I think it must stop forthwith.Some of these stereotypes include:Igbos do not love themselves,Igbos are not peaceful,Igbos are cannibals therefore very dirty, Igbos are sub-human,Igbos are wicked,Igbos are criminally minded,Igbos pioneered ritualism in Nigeria with Otokoto,Igbos are drug peddlers,Igbos are builders of great factories known as baby factories etc.I would try in this little write up to debunk this notion:
Igbos do not love themselves.
No one actually knows where this misconception came from since conflict has been not just a national issue but a global issue. Igbo people are very friendly and welcoming and they do love themselves.They see everyone as their brother and sister and they continuously invest their effort to see that peace reigns in the society.
Igbos are not peaceful.
Igbos are one of the most peaceful people in the world and it was attested to by the United Nations Organisation recently.
Igbos are cannibals and therefore very dirty.
Not entirely true because this is a culture that is being jettisoned as I speak and drinking of corpse water is also something of the past and no Igbo should be looked upon as a cannibal or corpse water drinker.
4.Igbos are sub-human.
This one is really amusing and people I have talked with are relating it to the cannibalism and dirty water drinking thing but I have always stood my ground that we Igbos are evolving and with time these stereotypes will vanish like an unwanted fart.
Igbos pioneered ritualism in Nigeria with Otokoto.
There has been a stereotype that Igbos can compromise anything to make money.It is a fact that money rituals started and originated in Nigeria during the Otokoto bedlam but Igbos are almost angelic and will never do this satanic act again.. Blood money, voodoo and diabolic acts may be a common trend in Nollywood films but in actuality, it’s not trending in Igbo land. Though blood sacrifice for money exists in Igbo land but the percentage of Igbos that indulge in it is only a fraction of the whole population of Igbos. In fact, Igbo people are very religious people and they shun anything that is unethical and criminals are hard to find among them.
Pls,stop the stereotype.Igbos are wonderful people on the surface of earth.

Chukwuma Orji writes from Onitsha.
Re: IGBOS Should Not Be Stereotyped. by mikeweezy(m): 2:34pm On Mar 25, 2017
ok we will stop

1 Like

Re: IGBOS Should Not Be Stereotyped. by omofunaab(m): 2:37pm On Mar 25, 2017
Lol
Re: IGBOS Should Not Be Stereotyped. by Jetleeee: 2:40pm On Mar 25, 2017

4 Likes

Re: IGBOS Should Not Be Stereotyped. by mercyville: 2:50pm On Mar 25, 2017
This is not stereotype but fact.How can somebody set up factories so they can have access to their everyday grub and we have governments' agencies not doing enough to curb this menace and they have exported their otokoto rituals to other parts of the country..SW,SS,Middle belt even the Northern parts of the country.SMH.

5 Likes

Re: IGBOS Should Not Be Stereotyped. by paschu: 2:52pm On Mar 25, 2017
Mynd44, please, enough of this nonsense already!
Re: IGBOS Should Not Be Stereotyped. by Ritchiee: 3:02pm On Mar 25, 2017
mercyville:
This is not stereotype but fact.How can somebody set up factories so they can have access to their everyday grub and we have governments' agencies not doing enough to curb this menace and they have exported their otokoto rituals to other parts of the country..SW,SS,Middle belt even the Northern parts of the country.SMH.

1 Like

Re: IGBOS Should Not Be Stereotyped. by naijaking1: 3:06pm On Mar 25, 2017
Zukerberg:
By Chukwuma Orji

I have read,with dismay all over the social media,very funny stereotypes of the Igbos and I think it must stop forthwith.Some of these stereotypes include:Igbos do not love themselves,Igbos are not peaceful,Igbos are cannibals therefore very dirty, Igbos are sub-human,Igbos are wicked,Igbos are criminally minded,Igbos pioneered ritualism in Nigeria with Otokoto,Igbos are drug peddlers,Igbos are builders of great factories known as baby factories etc.I would try in this little write up to debunk this notion:
No one actually knows where this misconception came from since conflict has been not just a national issue but a global issue. Igbo people are very friendly and welcoming and they do love themselves.They see everyone as their brother and sister and they continuously invest their effort to see that peace reigns in the society.
Igbos are not peaceful.
Igbos are one of the most peaceful people in the world and it was attested to by the United Nations Organisation recently.
Not entirely true because this is a culture that is being jettisoned as I speak and drinking of corpse water is also something of the past and no Igbo should be looked upon as a cannibal or corpse water drinker.
4.Igbos are sub-human.
This one is really amusing and people I have talked with are relating it to the cannibalism and dirty water drinking thing but I have always stood my ground that we Igbos are evolving and with time these stereotypes will vanish like an unwanted fart.
There has been a stereotype that Igbos can compromise anything to make money.It is a fact that money rituals started and originated in Nigeria during the Otokoto bedlam but Igbos are almost angelic and will never do this satanic act again.. Blood money, voodoo and diabolic acts may be a common trend in Nollywood films but in actuality, it’s not trending in Igbo land. Though blood sacrifice for money exists in Igbo land but the percentage of Igbos that indulge in it is only a fraction of the whole population of Igbos. In fact, Igbo people are very religious people and they shun anything that is unethical and criminals are hard to find among them.

Not sure how old you're, but everybody knows that stereotyping the Igbos is the only way other less sophisticated, weak, and lazy tribes cope with their own inferiority complex.
When a bunch of army officers staged a coup in 1966, they branded it Igbo coup as way of getting back to other Igbos who had beaten them in other fair life competitions. So people who lost girlfriends, academic awards, or even promotions to stronger and better Igbo people somehow found a way to justify killing every Igbo man in sight on the excuse they they planned a coup.

Imagine killing every Hausa Fulani today, because their herdsmen ransacked our communities, or killing every Yoruba, because they attacked Hausa people at Ile Ife. Yet, Gowon and his government stood back or even backed other groups attack and kill helpless Igbo women and children just because they were Igbos.
The list goes on, and on.
So if you knew, you wouldn't even waste your time discussing this issue with lazy good for nothing and jealous non-Igbos whose only means of venting is to blame Igbos for everything.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IGBOS Should Not Be Stereotyped. by DocHMD: 3:41pm On Mar 25, 2017
Igbos are great and intelligent people that makes some people with oblong heads develop inferiority complex. When an Igbo man enters a room full of oblong heads, they just can't help envying the aura that glows from the Igbo personality and it pains them to their marrows they can't stop the Igbo from feeling unintimidated. tongue

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IGBOS Should Not Be Stereotyped. by KINGOFTHEEAST: 3:45pm On Mar 25, 2017
Ever since that "demonising the Yoruba race topic "came out in the morning ,Yoruba's have been fighting to counter it with fake Igbo name sorry you own no sweet

2 Likes

Re: IGBOS Should Not Be Stereotyped. by TimeManager(m): 3:56pm On Mar 25, 2017
Zukerberg:
By Chukwuma Orji

Igbos are not peaceful.
Not entirely true because this is a culture that is being jettisoned as I speak
and drinking of corpse water is also something of the past and no Igbo should be looked upon as a cannibal or corpse water drinker.
4.Igbos are sub-human.

Chukwuma Orji writes from Onitsha

Will be right back. Bookmark this. Never trust those MODs, they may pull down this beautiful thread.

OP conspicuously admitted the Facts. He couldn't deny any of them , just tryna save face like his fellow NL e-warriors grin

OP how in hell would you forget OSU & OHU.

Kiss the truth!

2 Likes

Re: IGBOS Should Not Be Stereotyped. by helinues: 4:02pm On Mar 25, 2017
Igbos are drug peddlers

You didn't give us explanation about this

3 Likes

Re: IGBOS Should Not Be Stereotyped. by Smoothie01(f): 4:39pm On Mar 25, 2017
Smh....You went and concocted ur own write-up after ur yoruba brother created a thread on "The Demonisation of yorubas" https://www.nairaland.com/3702674/demonization-yorubas
THIS IS NO IGBO MAN'S WRITE-UP.
You're still a learner mehn
Very senseless post...You lost it dis time...@ op try again

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: IGBOS Should Not Be Stereotyped. by enigma3000: 4:41pm On Mar 25, 2017
Smoothie01:
Smh....You went and concocted ur own write-up after ur yoruba brother created a thread on "The Demonisation of yorubas" https://www.nairaland.com/3702674/demonization-yorubas
THIS IS NO IGBO MAN'S WRITE-UP.
And As it appears, d op has not fully mastered that deceitful trait u guys are known for. You're still a learner mehn
Very senseless post...You lost it dis time...@ op try again

Haha u r very intelligent, was about posting the same b4 i saw urs

3 Likes

Re: IGBOS Should Not Be Stereotyped. by disumusa: 4:43pm On Mar 25, 2017
Zukerberg:
By Chukwuma Orji

Igbos are not peaceful.
4.Igbos are sub-human.

but they should be speaker type
Re: IGBOS Should Not Be Stereotyped. by enigma3000: 4:49pm On Mar 25, 2017
OP if i curse u now e go b like say i no get manners

https://www.nairaland.com/3702674/demonization-yorubas

what the heck are u thinking @op

2 Likes

Re: IGBOS Should Not Be Stereotyped. by Dedetwo(m): 4:50pm On Mar 25, 2017
To indulge in act of stereotype is only redeem for a goon.
Re: IGBOS Should Not Be Stereotyped. by Smoothie01(f): 4:51pm On Mar 25, 2017
enigma3000:

Haha u r very intelligent, was about posting the same b4 i saw urs

The write-up is obviously more of accusing than debunking negative stereotypes... Whosoever that put dah rubbish write-up together is trying to play smart and I'm sure it has a lot to do with dah thread I highlighted...He/she is still a learner

2 Likes

Re: IGBOS Should Not Be Stereotyped. by enigma3000: 4:54pm On Mar 25, 2017
Smoothie01:

The write-up is obviously more of accusing than debunking negative stereotypes... Whosoever that put dah rubbish together is trying to play smart and I'm sure it has a lot to do with dah thread I highlighted...He/she is still a learner

dint even have to read the 2nd paragraph, it very obvious the OP is a novice
Re: IGBOS Should Not Be Stereotyped. by Opakan2: 6:19pm On Mar 25, 2017
But they don't love themselves na.. if not they won't be running away from their erosion ravaged region to Lagos and other cool places in Nigeria.

Or is it me they expect to go and save their region for them? yet they claim industrious (after fleeing their homes to inconvenience others). If China, Malaysia and co didn't"t stay back to develop their place, you think these Igbos will attempt running there

Self deceit is the greatest form of deceit.. na only them no get place to call home, erosion and bad road has ruined the whole place

1 Like

Re: IGBOS Should Not Be Stereotyped. by michelz: 7:18pm On Mar 25, 2017
Igbo don't give a hoot about your stereotypes. Why?
Because they don't just give a damn. They only feel they're in competition with themselves and nobody else. So you can say whatever you like all day long but don't forget that these people came out of a war that no other Nigerian ethnic has ever experienced,and are doing just fine.
I mean,that's more than commendable.

2 Likes

Re: IGBOS Should Not Be Stereotyped. by 9jabull: 7:59pm On Mar 25, 2017
Zukerberg:
By Chukwuma Orji

Igbos are not peaceful.
4.Igbos are sub-human.

Op your wrong by saying that ritual started from otokoto, ritual has been long long ago, most especially in the cult groups in the Western Nigeria, Igbo's learn from those Yoruba's.
Re: IGBOS Should Not Be Stereotyped. by SGTsmith001: 8:36pm On Mar 25, 2017
Jetleeee:

. the ugly morrfuckers are here already with their tiger clawed faces.
lemme position my amour well .its seems its gonna be bloody here
Cc:Eggheader101

1 Like

Re: IGBOS Should Not Be Stereotyped. by ExplorerReturns(m): 9:50pm On Mar 25, 2017
this op is an afonja! they just can't help but giveaway their identity

1 Like

Re: IGBOS Should Not Be Stereotyped. by mercyville: 9:51am On Mar 26, 2017
michelz:
Igbo don't give a hoot about your stereotypes. Why?
Because they don't just give a damn. They only feel they're in competition with themselves and nobody else. So you can say whatever you like all day long but don't forget that these people came out of a war that no other Nigerian ethnic has ever experienced,and are doing just fine.
I mean,that's more than commendable.
lol Igbos are cannibals therefore very dirty, Igbos are sub-human,Igbos are wicked,Igbos are criminally minded,Igbos pioneered ritualism in Nigeria with Otokoto,Igbos are drug peddlers,Igbos are builders of great factories known as baby factories etc

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News : Isiaka Adeleke Is Dead / IPOB Releases Fresh System Of Government, Nations And Tribes / SAD: Former President Jonathan's Son Shot In Calabar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.