Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,565 members, 7,914,460 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 06:04 AM

What Are Scripting Language And Development Language? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What Are Scripting Language And Development Language? (1066 Views)

Bash/shell Scripting In A Unix/linux Environment / Nairaland Programmers That Share Language And City In Common (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are Scripting Language And Development Language? by luckyCO(m): 9:57am On Jan 22, 2007
Plz what are Scripting Language and development language. What Languages are scripting and development languages
Re: What Are Scripting Language And Development Language? by kengimel(m): 5:11pm On Jan 22, 2007
Scripting is a form of computer program. But unlike traditional programming language, that manipulate the processes of the computer, scripting tends to involve a far smaller set of simple instructions. Many of these instructions will be related to accomplishing a specific purpose, such as controlling the process of connecting your computer to another computer via a modem.
Example php, asp, ruby and jsp etc,

As mentioned above most languages may require some foundation in a root language or snytax familiarity like jsp will require strong java knowledge which is in turn a development language.

So also for asp VB.net and C# colabo in the .NET environment.

i think u should them as being the same thing but meeting different need.
Re: What Are Scripting Language And Development Language? by my2cents(m): 9:05pm On Jan 22, 2007
in a nutshell, scripting languages are interpreted languages. The alternative would be compiled languages, which is what most "development (I am still a little iffy on what you mean by that wink))" languages fall under.

If I understand what you mean by "development language", then I would say, technically, any language you use for development, be it html, javascript, java, jsp, php, asp,etc, qualifies as such. However, based on your question above, I would perhaps, if I may, rephrase it as, "What is the difference b/w front-end and back-end languages", but of course I could be wrong as I am not you cool

I hope this helps.
Re: What Are Scripting Language And Development Language? by sbucareer(f): 1:45am On Jan 23, 2007
Re: What Are Scripting Language And Development Language? by luckyCO(m): 11:14am On Jan 23, 2007
I just want to know whether VB6.0 and .Net are scripting language and why
Re: What Are Scripting Language And Development Language? by parosky(m): 3:48pm On Jan 23, 2007
They are not scripting languages. Because they are both compiled and interpreted. VBScript is their scripting brother. Well,
Re: What Are Scripting Language And Development Language? by anusule(m): 6:12pm On Jan 30, 2007
dey are usd to make web pages dynamic and provide validations like password confirm

(1) (Reply)

A MIRROR For SOFTWARE Downloads Here In NIGERIA / I Just Developed Stanbic IBTC Opencart Payment Module / Do You Think Learning Assembly Makes You A Better Programmer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.