Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,720 members, 7,882,442 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 05:16 AM

Abacha’s Was Best Govt Nigeria Had – Arthur Eze - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abacha’s Was Best Govt Nigeria Had – Arthur Eze (6037 Views)

Defection: APC Bars Arthur Eze, Obi, Obiano / Photos: Is Gov. Ameachi The Funniest Governor Nigeria Had Ever Had? / Sani Abacha was honest & one of Nigeria's best ever leaders. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abacha’s Was Best Govt Nigeria Had – Arthur Eze by Afam(m): 2:21pm On Dec 23, 2009
Abagworo:

to add to arthur eze's i must say that during abacha's regime crude oil was as low as 8dollars per barrel and he never borrowed 1dollar.in contrast during obasanjo's, oil went as high as 150dollar per barrel.

Tell them. Abacha even gave out the very first GSM license in the country. I am sure a lot of us are not aware of this fact.

He demonstrated that Nigeria could survive without taking instructions and dictations from No 10 Downing Street and/or the White House and we need people with such mindset to lead us before we can make real progress. There must be self respect, self belief and the willingness to move the country forward regardless of the obstacles.
Re: Abacha’s Was Best Govt Nigeria Had – Arthur Eze by Sagamite(m): 2:29pm On Dec 23, 2009
Afam:

Just stating facts.

By the way I respond to insults in kind and on time too but I never initiate them as I can defend any position I have with facts, logic and common sense so would not need to insult anyone just because of a disagreement. I will leave such to clowns like you.

Afam:

Tell them. Abacha even gave out the very first GSM license in the country. I am sure a lot of us are not aware of this fact.

He demonstrated that Nigeria could survive without taking instructions and dictations from No 10 Downing Street and/or the White House and we need people with such mindset to lead us before we can make real progress. There must be self respect, self belief and the willingness to move the country forward regardless of the obstacles.

You are really daft.
Re: Abacha’s Was Best Govt Nigeria Had – Arthur Eze by ud4u: 2:31pm On Dec 23, 2009
Nigeria has not experienced any change right from the time of military till date.
Re: Abacha’s Was Best Govt Nigeria Had – Arthur Eze by Ibime(m): 2:32pm On Dec 23, 2009
@ Afam,

How about inflation during Abacha's period?

Pls, dont say that Abacha was a good president to any son of a civil servant. You might end up in a casket.

How many months did civil servants go unpaid during Abacha period?
Re: Abacha’s Was Best Govt Nigeria Had – Arthur Eze by Afam(m): 2:37pm On Dec 23, 2009
Ibime:

@ Afam,

How about inflation during Abacha's period?

Pls, dont say that Abacha was a good president to any son of a civil servant. You might end up in a casket.

How many months did civil servants go unpaid during Abacha period?

I am sorry I am not here to defend every single action of Abacha so cannot answer your questions.

I was specific about things he did right and rather than question them you come up with questions about things you believe he did wrong that I never even discussed.

Maybe you are due to end up in a casket, that is your problem not mine. Stick to the issues if you can.
Re: Abacha’s Was Best Govt Nigeria Had – Arthur Eze by Tudor6(f): 3:36pm On Dec 23, 2009
Afam:

I also agree with Arthur Eze on Abacha. Nigeria was much better under him and his practice of reciprocal foreign policy remains the best and most effective till today.
Much better under him because he hated America, Britain and jews like you?

Here's a quote from our racist anti-semitic Afam
Afam:

They should have killed Ironsi? So because they did not succeed in killing him (even when he foiled the coup) it then means the coup was planned by Igbos even when Nzeogwu was from the Mid West?

What manner of reasoning is this? Just to justify unwarranted killings of innocent people? I think we still have people in this time and age that are worse than those that took the decisions in 1966 and 1967. What manner of hatred would a rational human being have to justify such senseless massacres?
What manner of hatred would a rational human being have to justify a regime who massacred his fellow country men in addition to gross human rights abuse, Calling such a regime the BEST EVER?

Abacha hates America. . .that is all Afam needs to identify a good leader.
Re: Abacha’s Was Best Govt Nigeria Had – Arthur Eze by CrudeOil2(m): 3:40pm On Dec 23, 2009
Nigeria has never had any good ruler since independence. The military destroyed the country, the civilians now have the chance to set things in order. But they are worse than the military
Re: Abacha’s Was Best Govt Nigeria Had – Arthur Eze by Afam(m): 3:44pm On Dec 23, 2009
Tudór:

Much better under him because he hated America, Britain and jews like you?

Ehnnn? Abacha hated America, Britain and jews? Where did you get this from?

I only hope that the law will stipulate death penalty for people who lie without shame once they cannot prove their lies that are meant to deceive and confuse.

Can you for once make use of the brain God gave to you and stop vomiting what your parents taught you?
Re: Abacha’s Was Best Govt Nigeria Had – Arthur Eze by Tudor6(f): 6:12pm On Dec 23, 2009
Have you not stated it several times that you love abacha becoz he hated the west like you?

You plainly said that HERE
Re: Abacha’s Was Best Govt Nigeria Had – Arthur Eze by Afam(m): 7:03pm On Dec 23, 2009
Tudór:

Have you not stated it several times that you love abacha becoz he hated the west like you?

You plainly said that HERE

Little wonder your credibility is close to zero.

Why don't you reproduce the content here for people to see? At least, new members that have not been treated to your lousy thought process will know you for your stupidity.

Just copy and paste the content so as to complete your shame. It is clear that you are irredeemably stupid.
Re: Abacha’s Was Best Govt Nigeria Had – Arthur Eze by WilyWily: 7:20pm On Dec 23, 2009
Abacha hated anything Yoruba
Re: Abacha’s Was Best Govt Nigeria Had – Arthur Eze by mekusxxx: 7:26pm On Dec 23, 2009
Abacha was a terrible evil but given that you and I did not put him in power, we may not hold him so accountable for his atrocities. Compared to Obasanjo whom we are supposed to have put in power (hence he is liable to accountability), Abacha might well be a saint. More Nigerians died under Obasanjo than Abacha. Odi, Zaki Biam, Ketu, Sagamu an other killing fields bear witness.
Re: Abacha’s Was Best Govt Nigeria Had – Arthur Eze by princekevo(m): 7:28pm On Dec 23, 2009
If we are here trying to justify our backwardness by comparing 5years of Abacha to 10years of this democrazy we have in Nigeria, then i wonder what Nigeria future will be.
I say it again, after 10 years of this democrazy in Nigeria there is lil or no different in Nigeria. The electricity, roads, hospitals, education, unemployment rate, name them,still remain a major problem. Does that shows any step forward?
Those trying to do the comparison should first check the following.
1. How much Abacha stole, with the state military Governor and compare it to the billions of dollars our dear civilian Governors, ministers, party chairmen , house of senates and all other political crooks are moving abroad Unnoticed. Becoz Abacha died and we got asses to his loots. Lets sincerely probe OBJ and the Governors during his tenure and see how much we lost in Nigerian democazy within 8years.
2. check how much was crude oil in 1993 to 1998 and compare the price then to 1999 to 2009. In fact what are we to show for 2005 to 2007 oil price boom?
3. Compare how many barrels of oil Nigeria were exporting then to 2.5million barrels we started exporting since 2005? What have we to show for those increase in production of oil?
4. Check the History of  inflation rate from 1993 to 2009 and compare.
5. The corruption level in the 1998 and now. Is there any different? Our leaders still move billions of $$ into their foreign accounts. this time well covered under the umbrella of democrazy.
6. Where are the Military governors then? who hears abt them now? Compare them to our present crooks(governors) who lives office and buy billion dollar houses abroad, many stole enough to even rig themselve in as the president. In our democrazy they are not being found guilty even with 170 charges on them, they got cleared. Even when found guilty for embezzeling $25bilion, they only suffer punishment of paying less than 20million naira as fine.

Am not in anyway supporting the Military regime, coz i dont like anything abt military, but if what is happening in Nigerian since 1999 is the true meaning of democray i will advice china and other nations to hold on tightly to their communism. But sadly, what we have in Nigeria since 1999 is far from democracy, but democrazy, 'Government of mass loothing from the people, by few people and for their families'.
Re: Abacha’s Was Best Govt Nigeria Had – Arthur Eze by WilyWily: 8:20pm On Dec 23, 2009
One thing i like of Abacha was whenever he opens his mouth, Urine will start gushing out immediately from the trousers of Yoruba men.
Re: Abacha’s Was Best Govt Nigeria Had – Arthur Eze by Tudor6(f): 8:25pm On Dec 23, 2009
Afam:

Little wonder your credibility is close to zero.

Why don't you reproduce the content here for people to see? At least, new members that have not been treated to your lousy thought process will know you for your stupidity.

Just copy and paste the content so as to complete your shame. It is clear that you are irredeemably silly.
can this fool not see the hyperlink to where he made his gaffe in my post or is he too stupiid to miss it?

Don't worry i'll colour it for the mo.ron
Re: Abacha’s Was Best Govt Nigeria Had – Arthur Eze by tundewoods(m): 8:31pm On Dec 23, 2009
The honest truth about Nigeria is that things have continually deteriorated with the passing years and it doesn't take a child to know that things have gone  from bad to worse from Abacha's regime to Obasanjo to the present Yardua style of " rule in absentia " .

The simple logic about Abacha's regime was that he practiced what we can tag as " Solo Corruption " which enabled him to amass so mush wealth contrary to what we have today where we have a collection of civilian thieves which comprises of Executive , Legislative & other departments.

Lets face it i think Abacha's regime was and is indeed better  undecided
Re: Abacha’s Was Best Govt Nigeria Had – Arthur Eze by edoyad(m): 8:39pm On Dec 23, 2009
I'm not an Abacha supporter, but who said he hated jews ? Please someone google and check who restored Nigeria's(what year and regime ?) diplomatic ties with jewish state after they had been severed for years.

Secondly he wasn't a tribalist and didn't hate yoruba people some of you are claiming. It just so happened that people like Gani and many other yoruba activists were giving him hell over MKO but he wanted power bad. That combined with sycophants like Joe Maduekwe, Tom Ikimi and others made him think he was the messiah sent to rescue Africa's Zion.
Re: Abacha’s Was Best Govt Nigeria Had – Arthur Eze by violent(m): 9:22pm On Dec 23, 2009
The fact that people are so fast to throw the pains of History into the nearest dustbin is totally disgusting, to even think anyone for that matter will try to paint the Abacha name in White makes me cringe to my marrows.
Generations unborn will never forget the man who brought us to where we are, stories about Ken Saro-Wiwa who was innocently killed and thousands of others whose Human rights were totally abused in the full glare of the whole world will never be forgotten, go ahead and tell their families Abacha was the second nicest thing after Peanut butter.
Google up the name and you will find articles tagging the late mudafuka has the fourth most corrupt leader in History, he sent troops to liberia to restore democracy while it was denied at home, do we even need to talk about the fact that the entire Nigerian populace rejoiced over his fortunate death?
In as much as i agree with the fact that the current civilian rule is a disappointment, but coming here to declare Abacha a saint is an insult to the entire Nigerian populace and even generations unborn lipsrsealed
Re: Abacha’s Was Best Govt Nigeria Had – Arthur Eze by edoyad(m): 9:39pm On Dec 23, 2009
No doubt he'll go in record as one of our worst ever leaders. But do you know that many people who ruled with him are still in power in one form or the other ?
Secondly don't pin crimes he didn't commit on him. That'd be like blaming Hitler for Americas racial problems in the 60s . He was terrible no doubt but his death did not end evil and corrupt people/leadership in Nigeria cos it's still going on in gargantuan proportions as we speak.
Re: Abacha’s Was Best Govt Nigeria Had – Arthur Eze by Nobody: 9:41pm On Dec 23, 2009
What about the serial killings conducted during Abacha's regime?I don't blame the old man,i blame our greedy politicians who couldn't justify our democracy.Abacha govt was an illegality against democracy,many went on exile and the polity was tensed.On a corruption level,both systems sustain corruption because of the imposition of the military 1999 constitution on democracy.No matter what,i dont think i will ever compare abacha or military govt with our worse democracy.Freedom is democracy and democracy is freedom which the military can never give u
Re: Abacha’s Was Best Govt Nigeria Had – Arthur Eze by violent(m): 10:00pm On Dec 23, 2009
edoyad:

No doubt he'll go in record as one of our worst ever leaders. But do you know that many people who ruled with him are still in power in one form or the other ?
Secondly don't pin crimes he didn't commit on him. That'd be like blaming Hitler for Americas racial problems in the 60s . He was terrible no doubt but his death did not end evil and corrupt people/leadership in Nigeria cos it's still going on in gargantuan proportions as we speak.

Ooops! who then shall i pin those un forgivable crimes on? Yes, Ribadu or Sanusi will do

I maintain that the dude doesn't deserve to be painted in any slight shade of white, his regime was radical and totally corrupt, lets not try to re write History.
Re: Abacha’s Was Best Govt Nigeria Had – Arthur Eze by Afam(m): 10:05pm On Dec 23, 2009
violent:

The fact that people are so fast to throw the pains of History into the nearest dustbin is totally disgusting, to even think anyone for that matter will try to paint the Abacha name in White makes me cringe to my marrows.
Generations unborn will never forget the man who brought us to where we are, stories about Ken Saro-Wiwa who was innocently killed and thousands of others whose Human rights were totally abused in the full glare of the whole world will never be forgotten, go ahead and tell their families Abacha was the second nicest thing after Peanut butter.
Google up the name and you will find articles tagging the late mudafuka has the fourth most corrupt leader in History, he sent troops to liberia to restore democracy while it was denied at home, do we even need to talk about the fact that the entire Nigerian populace rejoiced over his fortunate death?
In as much as i agree with the fact that the current civilian rule is a disappointment, but coming here to declare Abacha a saint is an insult to the entire Nigerian populace and even generations unborn lipsrsealed

1. Saro Wiwa may be a hero to you but he is not a hero to countless Igbos he spearheaded the seizure of their properties and termed them abandoned properties.

2. Abacha single handedly increased the oil derivation from 3% to 13% and not a single % was added to it in 10 years after his death.

3. No one has painted him a saint and no one can do so because he is not one.

4. What he did in Liberia may not be appreciated by you but millions of Liberians appreciated what he did.

5. Not all Nigerians rejoiced at his death, stop spreading such lies.

1 Like

Re: Abacha’s Was Best Govt Nigeria Had – Arthur Eze by Sauron1: 10:14pm On Dec 23, 2009
mojojojo:

Written by Shehu Abubakar   
Wednesday, 23 December 2009 00:28

Defunct military government of late General Sani Abacha was the best and most determined administration Nigeria ever had, Chairman and Chief Executive of defunct Triax airline, Chief Arthur Eze said yesterday.

Speaking with aviation correspondents, Chief Eze said the late Abacha’s administration was able to execute so many projects in the country, adding that most of the good roads in the country today, the legislative quarters and the National Assembly building were all built by military regimes.

He said today’s politicians are only “busy sharing money” while the people are dying.

“For the past ten years the civilians have been in power, the Enugu/Onitsha expressway could not be rehabilitated. But I know God will ask them question one day. Abacha has never given me contract and I did not ask him. But all the Military Governors that gave me contract, no one asked me to give him anything. No politician will give you contract without asking for percentage,” he claimed.   

Chief Eze said though democracy remains the most acceptable form of governance, it is regrettable that Nigerian politicians are not doing what is expected of them.

He said the late Abacha led military never used the award of contracts and execution of projects as a means of stealing public funds.

I agree with this piece 100%.
Nigeria was a better country under Abacha.
OBJ's regime was worse and Yaradua has not impressed me one jot.
Re: Abacha’s Was Best Govt Nigeria Had – Arthur Eze by violent(m): 10:28pm On Dec 23, 2009
Afam:

1. Saro Wiwa may be a hero to you but he is not a hero to countless Igbos he spearheaded the seizure of their properties and termed them abandoned properties.

2. Abacha single handedly increased the oil derivation from 3% to 13% and not a single % was added to it in 10 years after his death.

3. No one has painted him a saint and no one can do so because he is not one.

4. What he did in Liberia may not be appreciated by you but millions of Liberians appreciated what he did.

5. Not all Nigerians rejoiced at his death, stop spreading such lies.

Due to the highlighted above, dear Nairalanders, i present to you the best leader we ever had!
I bet everyone is having a rethink already and we should probably declare a Public Holiday to celebrate a true Hero, who "single handedly" increased oil derivation from 3% to 13%.
I sincerely hope Nigerians will forget about
---Human rights that were violated, the brunt and pains of military boots, Journalists that were jailed for no just reasons and some others that were killed, Assassination of Kudirat Abiola, Injustice that went unchallenged, Billions that were stolen, i sincerely hope Nigerians will forget this and many more after all, he increased oil derivation!
Mschewwwwwwwwwwwww
Re: Abacha’s Was Best Govt Nigeria Had – Arthur Eze by presido1: 12:09am On Dec 24, 2009
violent:

Due to the highlighted above, dear Nairalanders, i present to you the best leader we ever had!
I bet everyone is having a rethink already and we should probably declare a Public Holiday to celebrate a true Hero, who "single handedly" increased oil derivation from 3% to 13%.
I sincerely hope Nigerians will forget about
---Human rights that were violated,
Do have the human right under OBJ or Yarasnell?
the brunt and pains of military boots,
Udi and Zaki Biam come to mind under OBJ civil rule
Journalists that were jailed for no just reasons and some others that were killed, Assassination of Kudirat Abiola, Injustice that went unchallenged,
Bola Ige and Fonsho Williams did not die when Abacha was head of state.
Billions that were stolen, i sincerely hope Nigerians will forget this and many more after all, he increased oil derivation!
Mschewwwwwwwwwwwww
Millions even billions are still being stolen as i type, remember Abacha died many years ago.

In as much as we don't need the military at this point Abacha govt is far more better than the two civilian presidents of the last ten yrs.
Re: Abacha’s Was Best Govt Nigeria Had – Arthur Eze by edoyad(m): 11:14am On Dec 24, 2009
~Sauron~:

I agree with this piece 100%.
Nigeria was a better country under Abacha.
OBJ's regime was worse and Yaradua has not impressed me one jot.

Oboy why do you hate OBJ so much ? Inspite of his flaws that man is one of the reasons there still exists a place called Nigeria.

Let's not zero Nigeria's problems down to the personalities. It has a lot to do with the system/society/people(kobo junkie you can have sardonic smile now tongue), and even if you brought the world renowned Emeka Anyaoku or Martin Luther Agwai to rule this country, the same thing would still occur.

Okonjo Iweala knew this and ran for dear life and reputation.
Re: Abacha’s Was Best Govt Nigeria Had – Arthur Eze by Afam(m): 11:23am On Dec 24, 2009
The problem with a lot of Nigerians is that they allow the media houses to think for them and as such as more inclined to believe what the media wants them to believe whether right or wrong, whether facts or lies.

I don't believe in blanket commendation or condemnation. If anyone must be judged then objectivity must prevail.
Re: Abacha’s Was Best Govt Nigeria Had – Arthur Eze by Ibime(m): 12:10pm On Dec 24, 2009
Afam:

I am sorry I am not here to defend every single action of Abacha so cannot answer your questions.

I was specific about things he did right and rather than question them you come up with questions about things you believe he did wrong that I never even discussed.

Maybe you are due to end up in a casket, that is your problem not mine. Stick to the issues if you can.

Its a shame that you have chosen to adopt a caustic tone to what was a harmless question.

If I remember correctly, you said on the first page that you agree with Arthur Eze that Abacha was a good leader.

Therefore any and every question on Abacha's performance is permissible.

Abacha is known to most Nigerians as one the worst leaders Nigeria ever had. Full stop.
Re: Abacha’s Was Best Govt Nigeria Had – Arthur Eze by Afam(m): 12:29pm On Dec 24, 2009
Ibime:

Its a shame that you have chosen to adopt a caustic tone to what was a harmless question.

If I remember correctly, you said on the first page that you agree with Arthur Eze that Abacha was a good leader.

Therefore any and every question on Abacha's performance is permissible.

Abacha is known to most Nigerians as one the worst leaders Nigeria ever had. Full stop.

Typical hypocritical response. Read your post again and see why I responded the way I did.

It seems a lot of us are used to environments where we say or do all sorts of things without anyone complaining so when we experience it now it becomes a problem.

I am sure we have disagreed on so many things on this forum without any form of caustic response from me so it is your duty to figure out what changed.

I believe in response in kind as that is the best way to call people to order. Action and reaction are meant to be equal and opposite.

@topic,

I don't believe in blanket commendation or condemnation.

Every leader has (or had) his flaws and no one can deny such facts.

Unless of course we believe a leader is either excellent or worst and nothing in between. Why do we always set standards that don't exist anywhere in the world when it comes to Nigeria? Some of us who do this condone, tolerate or justify worse things by foreign leaders and turn around to set the highest standard once the name Nigeria comes to the table.
Re: Abacha’s Was Best Govt Nigeria Had – Arthur Eze by Sagamite(m): 12:33pm On Dec 24, 2009
Even if one's innate sensing of his environment and hypothesis generation is warped, an objective, intelligent and incisively analyical mind would be able to figure out that to compare 2 leaders, one would need to state a set of criteria pertinent to their responsibilities.

If an intelligent person was to compare the government of Abacha with any of the recent leaders in our recent democracy, an objective, sharp mind would look at growth and improvements of indicators like:

Economics
GDP
GNI per capital
Foreign Direct Investment
Inflation rates
etc

Welfare
Net migration
Employment levels
Infant mortality rate
Life expectancy
Literacy levels
Access to healthcare
etc

Leadership
Human rights record
Corruption management
Democratic principles
Respect for judicial process
etc

To judge which leader is better, rather than some beer parlour, mo-ronic assessments.

Out of all indicators above, Abacha would fail miserably in each and every one.

Quality of dimwits I have to engage with on NL. undecided
Re: Abacha’s Was Best Govt Nigeria Had – Arthur Eze by Afam(m): 12:41pm On Dec 24, 2009
And this guy believes he is capable of any intellectual or intelligent engagement? Wonders shall never end. Only fools would make categorical statements that could easily be proven wrong, only fools would do so.
Re: Abacha’s Was Best Govt Nigeria Had – Arthur Eze by Sagamite(m): 12:46pm On Dec 24, 2009
Only dimwits would not be able to display their counter arguments.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jonathan Secures Release Of Prisoners In Equatorial-Guinea / The President Lives In Aso Rock, How About The Vice? / See Picture Of GIANT BROOM Installation In Front Of Abuja City Gate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.