Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,788 members, 7,879,438 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 06:21 PM

Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question (4546 Views)

Archaeology: Explorers '99.9% Sure' Remains Of Noah's Ark Is Discovered (Photos) / Noah's Ark: Man's Greatest Invention Of All Time! (Real Photos) / Noah's Ark Rebuilt & Opened For Public In Atlanta US With Its Exact Measurements (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question by CatfishBilly: 11:05am On Mar 29, 2017
Ermacc:
that explains how all animals were in the same location and with uniform temperature levels, and maybe after the continents were pieced, some animals were faced with extreme temperature levels and guess what? They adapted to it. This should suit my atheist friends.
The continental drifting happened millions of years ago, Noah's ark happened a few thousand years ago after the continental drifting making the story implausible.
What don't you get?
Re: Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question by ScepticalPyrrho: 11:18am On Mar 29, 2017
Ermacc:
None of the answers given will ever be reasonable to you guys as long as it cant be replayed in a control environment. You simply don't believe in the bible, lets leave it that way.
You mean you just have to accept that those events actually played out in real life?
Re: Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question by ScepticalPyrrho: 11:20am On Mar 29, 2017
sirvvy:
The Bible didnt really give SO much insight on how the animals where kept, I just gave you my own opinion which I think happened.
sirvvy:

Just a thought, how do you pass a message to certain persons who dont listen to you?

Assumptions...
Re: Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question by Ermacc: 11:24am On Mar 29, 2017
CatfishBilly:

The continental drifting happened millions of years ago, Noah's ark happened a few thousand years ago after the continental drifting making the story implausible.
What don't you get?
and who told you the continental drifting occured millions of years ago and Noah's ark happend few thousand years ago? Just answer this and i'l tell you what I dont get.
Re: Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question by Ermacc: 11:28am On Mar 29, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
You mean you just have to accept that those events actually played out in real life?
In a science class i'l be a jackass to accept that, but in reality, almost anything is possible.
Re: Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question by CatfishBilly: 11:36am On Mar 29, 2017
Ermacc:
and who told you the continental drifting occured millions of years ago and Noah's ark happend few thousand years ago? Just answer this and i'l tell you what I dont get.
Geology is a science that can be measured and verified.
Geologists said so.
Bible scholars say that the earth is at least 6 thousand years old with no proof to back up their claims.
So, I'm listening.
Re: Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question by Kyase(m): 11:39am On Mar 29, 2017
Ermacc:
common boss, defend us well.
From Adam to Jesus is about 3k years and from Jesus to us is 2k years plus...... add up.
guy just leave that argument as a Christian we CANT explain all the things if not all in the bible, atheist are smarter accept that and leave the thread

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question by Nobody: 11:52am On Mar 29, 2017
Kyase:
From Adam to Jesus is about 3k years and from Jesus to us is 2k years plus...... add up.
guy just leave that argument as a Christian we CANT explain all the things if not all in the bible,

Gonna bookmark this comment for reference sake....

Presence signed.
atheist are smarter accept that and leave the thread
Atheists ain't smarter than theists.
We(ie human race, irrespective of belief system) all are smart & intelligent beings but it all boils down to how we channel the brain in thinking and reasoning & not been dogmatised by religious doctrines & tales

1 Like

Re: Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question by ScepticalPyrrho: 11:55am On Mar 29, 2017
Ermacc:
In a science class i'l be a jackass to accept that, but in reality, almost anything is possible.
Just tell me, and sincerely, have you ever experienced anything extraordinary in reality?
Re: Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question by Ermacc: 12:00pm On Mar 29, 2017
CatfishBilly:

Geology is a science that can be measured and verified.
Geologists said so.
Bible scholars say that the earth is at least 6 thousand years old with no proof to back up their claims.
So, I'm listening.
what i don't is why you selectively biased as to what you choose to believe regarding what bible scholars say. You claimed Noah's ark happened few thousand years ago in your previous post just to support your conclusion, and now you claim bible scholar said that without proof. And funny enough, you don't even believe in the event of Noah Ark. Thats my problem. You select only the part of the fairytale that supports your claim
Re: Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question by Ermacc: 12:07pm On Mar 29, 2017
Kyase:
guy just leave that argument as a Christian we CANT explain all the things if not all in the bible, atheist are smarter accept that and leave the thread
I am aware I cant explain everything, i cant even explain a quarter of it. But why do you think atheist are smarter? I really dont know what you mean by that. Anyone can be smart irrespective of whatever their affiliations are. If I pretend to be an atheist argue that the supernatural is just a fiction of our imaginations, i'm sure you will label me as smart.
Re: Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question by CatfishBilly: 12:07pm On Mar 29, 2017
Ermacc:
what i don't is why you selectively biased as to what you choose to believe regarding what bible scholars say. You claimed Noah's ark happened few thousand years ago in your previous post just to support your conclusion, and now you claim bible scholar said that without proof. And funny enough, you don't even believe in the event of Noah Ark. Thats my problem. You select only the part of the fairytale that supports your claim
I mentioned the age of the earth as per Bible scholars to continue this discussion with you.
Whether I believe in it or not is irrelevant.
So, now, tell me what I don't get?
Re: Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question by Ermacc: 12:08pm On Mar 29, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
Just tell me, and sincerely, have you ever experienced anything extraordinary in reality?
yes, I have
Re: Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question by Ermacc: 12:15pm On Mar 29, 2017
CatfishBilly:
Whether I believe in it or not is irrelevant.
Then this discussion also lacks relevance
Re: Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question by ScepticalPyrrho: 12:16pm On Mar 29, 2017
Ermacc:
yes, I have
and the only reasonable explanation is that it must be of supernatural cause?
Re: Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question by Ermacc: 12:20pm On Mar 29, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
and the only reasonable explanation is that it must be of supernatural cause?
yes. I exhausted every logical explanation for it. Including the "I don't know" explanation.
Re: Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question by sirvvy: 12:33pm On Mar 29, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:

Assumptions...
Well, I have gone down this lane, I was so skeptical to the teachings in the Bible until I had that experience I(quite a long story tho) . Somethings are left for the OMNIPOTENT cos when we human reason about them, we tend to create answers entirely different and to suit our own understanding. Well thats it ...
Re: Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question by Proudlyngwa(m): 12:34pm On Mar 29, 2017
Kyase:
Our ideology of years started with the gregorian 12 month calendar, the Chinese calendar is a totally different thing. What time frame constituted a year in the abrahamic era might be different from the noah era and adamic era, and is certainly different from the messaic era, which in turn is different from the gregorian era.

2 Likes

Re: Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question by Nobody: 1:48pm On Mar 29, 2017
Ermacc:
I am aware I cant explain everything, i cant even explain a quarter of it. But why do you think atheist are smarter? I really dont know what you mean by that. Anyone can be smart irrespective of whatever their affiliations are. If I pretend to be an atheist argue that the supernatural is just a fiction of our imaginations, i'm sure you will label me as smart.
you can not pretend cause you don't have solid proof to justify your pretence. So leave it. You Christians only believe whatever I'd in the Bible. Anything not in the Bible you guys are in the dark. Just dumb this Christianity of a thing it just fairy nonsense
Re: Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question by Nobody: 1:51pm On Mar 29, 2017
sirvvy:
Well, I have gone down this lane, I was so skeptical to the teachings in the Bible until I had that experience I(quite a long story tho) . Somethings are left for the OMNIPOTENT cos when we human reason about them, we tend to create answers entirely different and to suit our own understanding. Well thats it ...

What do you call omnipotent. Omnipotent and your Jesus had to die.do you people even understand what it means to have unlimited power. You can do all things.

Re: Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question by Ermacc: 2:05pm On Mar 29, 2017
CHESTER48:
you can not pretend cause you don't have solid proof to justify your pretence. So leave it. You Christians only believe whatever I'd in the Bible. Anything not in the Bible you guys are in the dark. Just dumb this Christianity of a thing it just fairy nonsense
I'm not sure i've gotten the message you trying to pass.

1 Like

Re: Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question by simplemusic(m): 2:18pm On Mar 29, 2017
pls qoute me
the world is not What it seems,whether we like it or not we are all chirdren of God,God is a creator So are we,noah was told to build the ark and So doing learnt from building it,God gave noah all the measurements,God could have done it,we all carry the will of God with us,the animals were brought there by God,
as much as I believe in God I also believe in flying saucers
pls qoute me.
Re: Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question by obinna58(m): 3:45pm On Mar 29, 2017
grin grin
God likes unnecessary magics, sometimes he did love to see things play by nature then adds a little magic to balance the equilibrium grin grin
After all we add Maggi, salt to our soup grin
Re: Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question by Nobody: 5:04pm On Mar 29, 2017
adepeter26:
Majority of us must have read how Noah built his Ark and housed all the animals. But somethings about the Noah story doesn't add up and I would need better clarification

My questions now are;
1. How did he get the sharks, dolphins and whales on a ship with no water to live in?
2. how did he get kangroos, koalas and such to come across the seas to the middle east?

Morealso

View these images

Cc MZlady39, Wilgrea7, felixomor, engineerboat Doctoralien, enshy, Junia, Tosyne2much, Kondomatic, all NL Christians

No bashing or insults Pls cool

Wow brother! I wasn't gonna respond...but since you so nicely placed me 1st on your list of names, I feel honored & compelled to.
Brother, hate to say it but you violated my policy of "no insults".
You insulted & mocked my Lord & Savior (on this thread) & continue to do so. Therefore, once again no answer from me.
#Nottakingthebait

In the time that it took for you to research those lovely cartoon pics, you could've gotten down on your knees and actually asked the One whom you have the issue with?
#AreyouafraidHewillanswer?

#Stopthetrickeryit'snotagoodlook.

#Jesuslovesudiedforuandispatientlywaitingforu!

smiley

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question by ScepticalPyrrho: 5:23pm On Mar 29, 2017
sirvvy:
@Bolded part...

That's actually one of the theories of how religions came to be.

Every person would interpret things the way their mind can understand it. It doesn't make it a universal principle.

Have you wondered why the Jewish God's character is so much like a jewish person?

He only loves Jews, punished Jews, cared for the jews until 30BC?

Common, just think.

If a God can give you brain use it to its full capacity.

And right now, I have more convictions that Yahweh can't be an omnipotent being. As a matter of fact, it wasn't real. Just like every other god all over world, Yahweh was just someone's way of making sense of event beyond his understanding at the time.

How else do you expect primitive men to explain how the rains came to be, or the sun, moon, sea, thunder etc. The Yorubas have a claim to knowing a God of thunder. The absence of written records makes our African Traditional religious posits seem inferior.

Stop lying to your own intellect. Religion strongly holds on to fear and mere beliefs as authenticity. You can't prove "jack". The convictions you think are genuine, doesn't really hold water.

You only know what you know. You can believe whatever you think makes sense in the absence of knowledge.
Re: Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question by ScepticalPyrrho: 5:36pm On Mar 29, 2017
Ermacc:
yes. I exhausted every logical explanation for it. Including the "I don't know" explanation.
You don't have any logical explanation... but you also exhausted the "I don't know" explanation?

Do you know what it means to know something?

It means you can explain it, you understand it, you can pass it on, it is evident and factual.

You can't claim to know what you can't prove.

Anywhere beyond "I don't know" is either knowing or assuming. In your case, even worse, it is mere believing.
Re: Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question by randomperson: 5:37pm On Mar 29, 2017
sirvvy:
Why carry sharks, dolphins when water will flood the entire place, just saying. I guess he left them
But ask the waters will be mixed now.... So how will the whale survive in fresh water and how would the smaller fishes survive in salt water
Re: Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question by Nobody: 6:24pm On Mar 29, 2017
randomperson:

But ask the waters will be mixed now.... So how will the whale survive in fresh water and how would the smaller fishes survive in salt water
very good question oya answer.
Re: Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question by engineerboat(m): 6:42pm On Mar 29, 2017
adepeter26:
Majority of us must have read how Noah built his Ark and housed all the animals. But somethings about the Noah story doesn't add up and I would need better clarification

My questions now are;
1. How did he get the sharks, dolphins and whales on a ship with no water to live in?
2. how did he get kangroos, koalas and such to come across the seas to the middle east?

Morealso

View these images

Cc MZlady39, Wilgrea7, felixomor, engineerboat Doctoralien, enshy, Junia, Tosyne2much, Kondomatic, all NL Christians

No bashing or insults Pls cool

This are good questions, that will be answered.

But the way people throw caution to the wind and start making derogatory statements and remarks is a cause for concern.

When this is put to check, certainly i will get involved in the discussion.
Re: Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question by Nobody: 7:55pm On Mar 29, 2017
engineerboat:

This are good questions, that will be answered.
I know you won't be able to answer the questions. But guess what? I will give you the benefit of doubt.
But the way people throw caution to the wind and start making derogatory statements and remarks is a cause for concern.

I talk am. Engineerboat must pick a fault cos he can't answer it.
Anyways, list down the derogatory statements and insults from the Op

When this is put to check, certainly i will get involved in the discussion.

I knew you would never disappoint cheesy.

You Only came to Register ya presence and tried derailing by pickin faults
Re: Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question by Nobody: 8:06pm On Mar 29, 2017
MZLady39:

Wow brother! I wasn't gonna respond...but since you so nicely placed me 1st on your list of names, I feel honored & compelled to.
You are welcomed
Brother, hate to say it but you violated my policy of "no insults".
How did I violate ya principle of "no insults?"
You insulted & mocked my Lord & Savior (on this thread) & continue to do so.
You keep on repeating insult undecided
Therefore, once again no answer from me.
Am not surprised tho

#Nottakingthebait

In the time that it took for you to research those lovely cartoon pics, you could've gotten down on your knees and actually asked the One whom you have the issue with?
Lol. I Ve been there before sweerie. You don't need to tell me
#AreyouafraidHewillanswer?
He has never answered cos he never existed
#Stopthetrickeryit'snotagoodlook.
No point
#Jesuslovesudiedforuandispatientlywaitingforu!
Na by force? Is Jesus losing candidates nii? Why wait for me?

smiley
So nothing important to say ehh MZlady?
Re: Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question by Nobody: 8:21pm On Mar 29, 2017
Ermacc:
Now onto your questions. A pair of all animals were gathered, the ones that sensitive to temp change were given a dose of thermoregulating drugs. The large ones were shot with a shrinkray gun. Now thats your answer since sciences has all the answers. The only problem now is finding the shrinkray gun cause it went missing after the Noahs Ark event. I guess we will need Indiana Jones to find it.

Hahahahahahahaha grin grin grin.

Bro, thank you for making me laugh like a madman inside the bus I'm in right now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Talisman To Win Lottery, Gambling, Betting, Football Pools And Lotto / Islamic Influence On Jesuit Origins / Testimony On The Celestial Church Of Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.