Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,812 members, 7,915,309 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 08:38 PM

Gynaecologist In The House Pls Help - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Gynaecologist In The House Pls Help (1225 Views)

She's In Hospital Over Ovarian Cyst Complications! Gynaecologist's Advice Needed / "MouthAction Is Dangerous" Gynaecologist Warns / Photos Of This Cute Nigerian Gynaecologist Who Is Making Waves Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gynaecologist In The House Pls Help by bebebeme(f): 10:49am On Mar 29, 2017
Hello, please any gynaecologist in the house should pls help me explain this scan result to me in normal english. The ultrasound scan was conducted but the person didnt explain it in details. Pls thanks

Re: Gynaecologist In The House Pls Help by Nobody: 10:51am On Mar 29, 2017
NAIRALAND !!!
Re: Gynaecologist In The House Pls Help by Nobody: 10:54am On Mar 29, 2017
All the best.
Re: Gynaecologist In The House Pls Help by thorpido(m): 11:08am On Mar 29, 2017
It means your ovaries are covered with the kind of tissues found in the lining of the womb.It's a benign growth but causes infertility and pain in your pelvic region especially during menstruation.

2 Likes

Re: Gynaecologist In The House Pls Help by obinrinrere: 11:24am On Mar 29, 2017
try post it on TTC thread
Re: Gynaecologist In The House Pls Help by bebebeme(f): 11:26am On Mar 29, 2017
obinrinrere:
try post it on TTC thread

thanks
Re: Gynaecologist In The House Pls Help by ChelseaDr(m): 5:19pm On Mar 29, 2017
bebebeme:
Hello, please any gynaecologist in the house should pls help me explain this scan result to me in normal english. The ultrasound scan was conducted but the person didnt explain it in details. Pls thanks

Hope you wouldn't mind, the result cannot just be interpreted in isolation, would like to know your age (you can give a range), married or not, number of children?

if you are within your reproductive age, it may not be that dangerous as thorpido pointed out...but if you have reached menopause, then it is more than just an endometrioma, this is because of the thickened lining of the womb they also picked on the scan.

I will suggest you see the doctor that sent you for the scan, unless you went to do it on your own.

I could say more on this platform if you don't mind, and if you are ready to answer some questions, otherwise you can see the doctor that sent you for the scan as I said earlier.

Cheers!
Re: Gynaecologist In The House Pls Help by bebebeme(f): 6:14pm On Mar 29, 2017
ChelseaDr:

Hope you wouldn't mind, the result cannot just be interpreted in isolation, would like to know your age (you can give a range), married or not, number of children?

if you are within your reproductive age, it may not be that dangerous as thorpido pointed out...but if you have reached menopause, then it is more than just an endometrioma, this is because of the thickened lining of the womb they also picked on the scan.

I will suggest you see the doctor that sent you for the scan, unless you went to do it on your own.

I could say more on this platform if you don't mind, and if you are ready to answer some questions, otherwise you can see the doctor that sent you for the scan as I said earlier.

Cheers!

ok sir age 25 years marital status single. Not given birth before. Just been having heavy menstruation they called it menorrhagia and that it is caused by hormonal imbalance. And am not sexually active so i wonder why it is like dat
Re: Gynaecologist In The House Pls Help by ChelseaDr(m): 12:30pm On Mar 30, 2017
bebebeme:
ok sir age 25 years marital status single. Not given birth before. Just been having heavy menstruation they called it menorrhagia and that it is caused by hormonal imbalance. And am not sexually active so i wonder why it is like dat

Sorry about this, endometriosis (endometrioma) occurs in women at their reproductive age. the cause is unknown but hormonal imbalance has been implicated as one of the things that could predispose to it.

It doesn't matter whether one is sexually active or not. It causes abnormal bleeding, pain during menses and a major factor in infertility.

There are drugs that could be given to you to relieve the symptoms but in this case of endometrioma, surgery will be needed as well. the unfortunate thing about the surgery is that it may recur and may even be bigger than the previous one and in most cases, inoperable.

The truth is that it actually has no definitive cure.

I will also suggest you tell him to hasten up so that you two can walk down the aisle in no distant time.

Cheers!
Re: Gynaecologist In The House Pls Help by fertilitychick(f): 1:04am On Mar 31, 2017
Endometriosis, ovarian cyst and fibroids are all under severe hormonal imbalances. Factors that have been documented to escalate these conditions are found in your eating habits and lifestyle.

One thing you need to Know well is to predict your next period. This will greatly help you modify your diet 10 days before your menses starts to reduce the pain and heavy flow.

Using pain killers or Pill in the short run would cause more harm than good in the long run ( won't even work) .

A fertility massage would also help to reduce heavy and painful period.

You can chat me up for more information

Re: Gynaecologist In The House Pls Help by piragirl(f): 10:41am On Apr 13, 2017
please what can be use to balance hormone.
thanks
Re: Gynaecologist In The House Pls Help by sysengr(f): 1:49pm On Apr 13, 2017
thorpido:
It means your ovaries are covered with the kind of tissues found in the lining of the womb.It's a benign growth but causes infertility and pain in your pelvic region especially during menstruation.
My prolactin level is 0.84ng/ml. Pls what's the effect of this on trying to get pregnant. Can it be boosted to the normal level.
Thanks
Re: Gynaecologist In The House Pls Help by sysengr(f): 1:51pm On Apr 13, 2017
ChelseaDr:

Cheers!

My prolactin level is 0.84ng/ml. Whats the effect on trying to get pregnant. Can it be boosted to the normal level.
Thanks
Re: Gynaecologist In The House Pls Help by ChelseaDr(m): 3:15pm On Apr 13, 2017
sysengr:

My prolactin level is 0.84ng/ml. Whats the effect on trying to get pregnant. Can it be boosted to the normal level.
Thanks

Your prolactin level is this low probably because you are neither pregnant nor breastfeeding and there is no big deal about that.

Low prolactin levels usually do not have issues with fertility. Hence your inability to conceive may have nothing to do with this prolactin level but may be due to another reason.

I suggest you go back to the doctor that sent you for the test so that they will look for the reason behind your delay in conceiving.

Cheers!!
Re: Gynaecologist In The House Pls Help by sysengr(f): 3:22pm On Apr 13, 2017
ChelseaDr:

Your prolactin level is this low probably because you are neither pregnant nor breastfeeding and there is no big deal about that.

Low prolactin levels usually do not have issues with fertility. Hence your inability to conceive may have nothing to do with this prolactin level but may be due to another reason.

I suggest you go back to the doctor that sent you for the test so that they will look for the reason behind your delay in conceiving.

Cheers!!
Ok. Thanks a lot
Re: Gynaecologist In The House Pls Help by ChelseaDr(m): 4:30pm On Apr 13, 2017
sysengr:
Ok. Thanks a lot
Ya welcome

(1) (Reply)

This Is The Health Benefits Of Your Own Urine + Urine Therapy / Need Help For My Mom For This Serious Skin Infection / Any Home Remedies For Frequent Heartburn?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.