Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,107 members, 7,887,230 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 02:39 AM

Who Is To Blame - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Who Is To Blame (314 Views)

‘blame Davido For The $26 Billion NNPC Corruption Scam’ – Reno Omokri / Giant Pythons Keep Attacking Indonesian People And Palm Oil Might Be To Blame / Who Is To Blame Here (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Who Is To Blame by onetruth(f): 2:36pm On Mar 29, 2017
WHO IS TO BLAME?

You ask me, who is to blame, I tell you we all are. I ask you who is to blame, you tell me they are to blame. Pointing at everyone but yourself, refusing to take any blame. Round and round in circles we go even with the answer staring at us. Whilst other countries progress and improve, we stay bound to the same place. It saddens my heart to see our country decay and lay in waste.

Throughout my life, I have witnessed sheer greed, selfishness consume the nation. It is never enough to be comfortable and content. It is in our mentality to want to live large in unspeakable or incomprehensible wealth. Decency is a privilege and not a part of our everyday existence. It is in our blood to want to oppress each other, instead of being our brother's keeper. Doing this gives us a deep feeling of control and feeds our huge ego. Our hearts are hardened, our lives are humourless and our hands are soiled with innocent blood voluntarily or involuntarily.

The family system has long decayed, greed as blind-sighted the members of the family. There is no one left to trust or lean on in this trying times. Fathers steal from sons, husbands take from wives, mothers sell their daughters and friends kill one another. Immorality and corruption is part of the foundation of our great country. There is no young and old in the society, even the youngest are aware of how to take what they want without caring or minding the consequences.

The rich wants to get richer by any means possible.At times selling their souls in their bid for excess wealth. They are never satisfied regardless of how many billions they have sitting in their accounts. There is always that one deal they need or that one position they want. Forgetting that a day would come when they leave it all behind, the cars, the houses and the money. Whilst the poor strifes by any means to be rich. They see the example of a rich man who gets away with anything and wish to be like him. They want the wealth, the fame and most especially the power over others. In a bid to obtain riches, a poor man would engage in different activities and sacrifices without a thought for the outcome.

Money has become a god, gone are the days when you were commended for your honesty. Now a person needs a certain class to be acknowledged and those of us that do not are treated with disdain and disgust.

Who is to blame for the degeneration and the dehumanization of our country. Is it the politicians, the leaders, the people or the country itself. Is Nigeria a cursed nation set up by the white people to fail? Is the foundation of our problem so deeply rooted that it cannot be dug up. Are nigerians destined to suffer forever. The time has come for us to raise our voices in one accord to the heavens.

The white people who ruled and enslaved us, seized our country, stole from us but could not destroy us. When we celebrate a century of independence would we continue to blame them, when we ourselves destroy our country. We have had fifty four years to right every wrong, to prove them wrong and yet we fail.

Who shall we pass the blame onto now, Our leaders? We say "Our leaders steal, they cheat, they lie and surely they are to blame. If they were better example and did the right things then all Nigerians would do the right this". Yes, Our leader should show good examples and be good role models, showing Us left from right. I however don't believe our leaders alone are to blame for the disruption, heartache, the famine and the devastation that has gripped our darling Country.

Be honest how many times have you listened to or paid attention to what anyone in your family, church or work has to say. How many times have you taken directions without modifying the directions to suit yourself. Your employer says "I want you to do it this way, which is a longer route but at least the work would be thorough". You nod your head in agreement as soon as he steps out you use a shortcut cause you don't want to spend all your time on the work. You can call it whatever you want but it is disobedient, lack of regard and not following order as set before you.

The same can be said for our leaders, before they are elected, they have a list of how to improve Nigeria. Every four years they read a long manifesto full of how to make Nigeria great, each claiming to have a blueprint of success. Every Leader promises to be the one to turn a hopeless case into an hopeful one. Once they are elected they see the magnitutde of the task in front of them and decide to use a shortcut. As long as Nigeria is still functioning after their tenor, however how well they are happy. We make the mistakes of believing that only a group of people can solve our problems and also of comparing ourselves to Countries that are well established and organised.

Nigerians it is time to take the blame for our own actions. Each and every Nigerian has contributed to the ruin and decay of the Nation. Through Our selfish and I-don't-care attitude. Many believe as long as they and their families are sorted that's all that matters. What we don't know is, you are not safe if you only worry about yourself and not your community as a whole. This is because there would come a time when the frustrated man who has been peaking into your windows begging for a slice of bread would explode. After a while he wouldn't be peaking through the windows anymore. He would be banging at your door demanding to be let in and when he comes in, he would take everything away. We shouldn't wait until that happens, we should share and help ourselves as a nation united in love and harmony.

Please visit my new blog, ladybeesblog, read and share the blog post, greatly appreciated

(1) (Reply)

It Is A Festival Of Prices As Tevo.com.ng Presents April Fest – Enjoy Up To 75% / The Word "Bed" And The Shape Of 'bed' / [video] Phyno – So Far So Good

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.