Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,824 members, 7,889,737 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 07:19 PM

Indian Mob Bashes Kenyan Student, Thinking She Is Nigerian - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Indian Mob Bashes Kenyan Student, Thinking She Is Nigerian (423 Views)

Mob Sets Two Dangote Trucks Ablaze After Crushing Two To Death In Ogun / Tanker Driver Bashes Police Van While Being Chased In Akwa Ibom. Photos / Kenyan Motorcyclists Now Use Backseats For Their Motorcycles (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Indian Mob Bashes Kenyan Student, Thinking She Is Nigerian by Icedprince1d(m): 12:07pm On Mar 30, 2017
The racist mob in India is far from being cured of its insanity as it attacked yet another African from Kenya. The 24-year-old Kenyan woman was dragged out of a taxi on Wednesday and bashed by the mob, who mistook her for a Nigerian.

Coming just two days after a mob thrashed six Nigerians and a Congolese inside Greater Noida’s Ansal Plaza in Uttar Pradesh on Monday evening, the fresh attack has left most Africans in the area too afraid to step out of their houses, according to Times of India.
Maria Burendi, the Kenyan, said she left her home in Alistonia society at 6.15am to collect an African wig and some food from a friend at DPS Society.

On the way, she said the cab was stopped at 6.30am near the Omicorn roundabout by 10-12 men who then beat her up.
“They stopped the car and asked me to get out,” Maria told TOI over the phone.
“When the cabbie and I stepped out, they started slapping me saying that Nigerians are bad. When I said that I was a Kenyan, one of the guys asked them to stop and they relented,” she said.

“I was not expecting this. I wanted to buy some food items but could not. Later I thought I could collect my African hair wig from my friend’s place in Greater Noida. It was then that the attack took place,” she said.
However, police later in the evening said her version was doubtful. They said they nabbed the cab driver and when he was questioned, he denied any such incident happened.
Greater Noida is a town just about 30 kms from the Indian capital of New Delhi.

http://princepalacenews..com/2017/03/indian-mob-bashes-kenyan-student.html#.WNzlIt8jPfo

Re: Indian Mob Bashes Kenyan Student, Thinking She Is Nigerian by omoplaycool(m): 12:16pm On Mar 30, 2017
As we proceed, we're all becoming more sophisticated and less humans daily
Re: Indian Mob Bashes Kenyan Student, Thinking She Is Nigerian by WeNoGoDie(m): 12:47pm On Mar 30, 2017
Nigerians are hated in South Africa, in America, Malaysia, China and now in India.

At this rate I fear it'll get to a time where the entire world will refuse to be associated with Nigerians.

The question is wby always us.

Other nationals commit crimes too, if it were crime.

(1) (Reply)

Finally After All I Have Lost, I Have Found A Site That Is Helping Me Recover / Reasons Why Churches Would Soon Turn To Clubs / Distress Sales: 2plot Of Dry Land along Lekki Epe Rd 5M per Plot Call07010643284

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.