Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,356 members, 7,894,530 topics. Date: Friday, 19 July 2024 at 11:20 AM

Is Driving A Power Bike Really A Suicide Mission. - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is Driving A Power Bike Really A Suicide Mission. (29772 Views)

I am Thinking Of Buying Volvo S40 For Uber, Am I On A Suicide Mission / Man Filmed Driving A Self-made Car On The Streets Of Lagos (photos) / 5 Nigerian Big Boys That Were Killed By Power Bike Accidents (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Driving A Power Bike Really A Suicide Mission. by litaninja(m): 11:54am On Apr 05, 2017
People die. This is a fact of life & living. Bikers are people who understand this fact and decide to love life doing what they love. Honestly, if you're not a biker, its hard to understand. That said, bikers also respect the rules of engagement around what they enjoy doing. ATGATT, no riding under the influence, no distractions, etc etc.
What is funny about Nigerians though, is that they'd rather ride practically naked on an "okada" at 80kmph than go on a superbike at same speed fully kitted.
That one never fails to beat my imagination.
To the fallen rider, ride on till eternity.
To riders still here, rubber side down always.

1 Like

Re: Is Driving A Power Bike Really A Suicide Mission. by tpapi: 12:27pm On Apr 05, 2017
beardlessdude:
I just witnessed a young man die this morning on a bike.

Is it riskier than driving cars
very good, those guys too like to dey form james bond anytime they r driving
Re: Is Driving A Power Bike Really A Suicide Mission. by Bigt4y: 12:29pm On Apr 05, 2017
And to us aspiring riders?
Re: Is Driving A Power Bike Really A Suicide Mission. by Shagati(m): 12:37pm On Apr 05, 2017
prettyboi1989:

are u sure about that? why do some formular one cars skip their tracks and crash into the barricade? another one, why do cars flip on high speed when driving through a bend and crash into a ditch? or explain what could have killed the fast n furious guy other than speed.

Dear Sir,
Google the following: satire, sarcasm, irony

Thank you sir
Re: Is Driving A Power Bike Really A Suicide Mission. by Zenithpeak(m): 12:51pm On Apr 05, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Nigerians are liable to die young in Nigeria.

I bet you more NYSC folks have died on the roads than bikers.

How about street hawkers on Nigerian roads?

You are right bro. But we have more corpers on the road than bikers.

Street hawking is a sucide mision on its own coupled with the Nigeria drivers mentality.
Re: Is Driving A Power Bike Really A Suicide Mission. by Lucasbalo(m): 1:05pm On Apr 05, 2017
Zenithpeak:
Power bikers are liable to die young........ Especially on Nigerian roads.
You are right but they die young on American roads too. The problem with Sportbike is that nothing protects you in case of an accident. Your whole body is open to the roads and oncoming vehicles and other elements on the road.
Re: Is Driving A Power Bike Really A Suicide Mission. by spinna: 2:32pm On Apr 05, 2017
dokiOloye:
They are trained on how to fall and get minimum or no injuries,just like in basketball.
Funny enuf,d more U try to resist d fall,d more injuries.

Motogp and SBK riders have airbags that deploy in their suit when it senses that the rider is falling. The cushion is around the shoulders and chest.

The pros still die too..a guy called Simoncelli had his helmet ripped of by the tyre of another bike..with all the straps ti..you can imagine the force also i saw a japanese rider fall and another rider at full speed rode over his ribcage..so fast that the rioder could balance back and not fall..i knew he wouldn't survive he didnt.

The guy that said a back seatbelt cant save u is so wrong.
Re: Is Driving A Power Bike Really A Suicide Mission. by Nobody: 3:21pm On Apr 05, 2017
miketayo:

how ll u knw if I ride or not.

had an R6 and a ktm duke 390

It's an educated guess based on your comments.

You've never rode an R6.
Re: Is Driving A Power Bike Really A Suicide Mission. by Nobody: 3:36pm On Apr 05, 2017
o42austino:
bikes do come with 650cc so their is every possible that his bike is 1650cc

I never said it wasn't possible.

Trust me I've seen bikes with 5,700cc
Re: Is Driving A Power Bike Really A Suicide Mission. by Nobody: 3:37pm On Apr 05, 2017
spinna:

Motogp and SBK riders have airbags that deploy in their suit when it senses that the rider is falling. The cushion is around the shoulders and chest.

The pros still die too..a guy called Simoncelli had his helmet ripped of by the tyre of another bike..with all the straps ti..you can imagine the force also i saw a japanese rider fall and another rider at full speed rode over his ribcage..so fast that the rioder could balance back and not fall..i knew he wouldn't survive he didnt.

The guy that said a back seatbelt cant save u is so wrong.

Airbag ke?
Re: Is Driving A Power Bike Really A Suicide Mission. by Nobody: 3:59pm On Apr 05, 2017
Olabisidebra:

Have always loved power bike but the fear of dropping dead is the beggining of wisdom! Can you teach(mentor) someone?

I don't have a bike in naija yet.

But I always encourage people to pursue their love albeit with care.

Let me know what questions I can answer here or on WhatsApp.
Re: Is Driving A Power Bike Really A Suicide Mission. by elshanAutos: 4:43pm On Apr 05, 2017
tpapi:
very good, those guys too like to dey form james bond anytime they r driving
This has got to be the most silly comment in the universe right now. You really didn't have to comment trust me.
Re: Is Driving A Power Bike Really A Suicide Mission. by miketayo(m): 4:45pm On Apr 05, 2017
EgunMogaji:

It's an educated guess based on your comments.

You've never rode an R6.

lmao over 2 years, did 2 street race competition..my cuz kawasaki 650r too.. do u knw how fast it take a bike of 300cc to hit 100km/h mark def less than 8 sec for a good rider.. with lagos traffic how ll u use ur 1000cc to its full potential. u just want to comment
Re: Is Driving A Power Bike Really A Suicide Mission. by Nobody: 5:00pm On Apr 05, 2017
miketayo:

lmao over 2 years, did 2 street race competition..my cuz kawasaki 650r too.. do u knw how fast it take a bike of 300cc to hit 100km/h mark def less than 8 sec for a good rider.. with lagos traffic how ll u use ur 1000cc to its full potential. u just want to comment

You can settle this with one or two videos of you rolling on an R6 and a Duke.

I still maintain that you're not a rider, maybe your Cousin with a Kawi is, but not you.
Re: Is Driving A Power Bike Really A Suicide Mission. by menxer: 5:13pm On Apr 05, 2017
miccollo47:

False!! It's actually called spot bike. Make una calm down.

Sure! You can spot the bike.

2 Likes

Re: Is Driving A Power Bike Really A Suicide Mission. by miketayo(m): 5:16pm On Apr 05, 2017
EgunMogaji:

You can settle this with one or two videos of you rolling on an R6 and a Duke.

I still maintain that you're not a rider, maybe your Cousin with a Kawi is, but not you.

stopped rydn since 2012, you blive or not adds no value to my life or ur point? a vid or pic proves nothing i can as well put a vid or pic of someone and say its me like yall have been doing.
so take it or leave it dats ur problem
Re: Is Driving A Power Bike Really A Suicide Mission. by Nobody: 6:13pm On Apr 05, 2017
miketayo:

stopped rydn since 2012, you blive or not adds no value to my life or ur point? a vid or pic proves nothing i can as well put a vid or pic of someone and say its me like yall have been doing.
so take it or leave it dats ur problem

You've never ridden a bike in your life grin

Over here we call people like you posers.

Talk is cheap.
Re: Is Driving A Power Bike Really A Suicide Mission. by victorjoe(m): 6:48pm On Apr 05, 2017
beardlessdude:
I just witnessed a young man die this morning on a bike.

Is it riskier than driving cars

Pally, no be lie. My neighbour has one. I was late for something oneday, I wanted to rush to ikeja from egbeda. I saw him rolling out so asked him to help me.

I feel say na okada I climb o. On the express ehn! I was begging God for hold up. When we entered the hold up, come see another problem guy was weaving through traffic anyhow!

It was scary! Thank God I came down alive.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Driving A Power Bike Really A Suicide Mission. by tpapi: 7:03pm On Apr 05, 2017
elshanAutos:

This has got to be the most silly comment in the universe right now. You really didn't have to comment trust me.
i disagree, ur comment is very daft, i stil stand on my earlier statement
Re: Is Driving A Power Bike Really A Suicide Mission. by dopedan(m): 7:32pm On Apr 05, 2017
Shagati:

Upon all this 'suicideness' we are talking about, you have now included heat in the equation?
Not fair embarassedembarassed
well one thing I hate in this life is heat and I sweat much. when you remove that jacket won't your shirt be soaked and that helmet self well. not my business tho

1 Like

Re: Is Driving A Power Bike Really A Suicide Mission. by Nobody: 8:07pm On Apr 05, 2017
EgunMogaji:

You've never ridden a bike in your life grin

Over here we call people like you posers.

Talk is cheap.
oga why u dey bash d guy na grin

No be fight na. If he said he has rode abi ridden bike, believe him
Re: Is Driving A Power Bike Really A Suicide Mission. by Nobody: 8:23pm On Apr 05, 2017
beardlessdude:
oga why u dey bash d guy na grin

No be fight na. If he said he has rode abi ridden bike, believe him

I don't bash. I simply question alternative facts, but what's my action got to do with you anyways??

Please make una face una lane o cool
Re: Is Driving A Power Bike Really A Suicide Mission. by Nobody: 8:28pm On Apr 05, 2017
dopedan:
well one thing I hate in this life is heat and I sweat much. when you remove that jacket won't your shirt be soaked and that helmet self well. not my business tho

I'll rather be hot and sweaty but arrive alive.

I wear singlet, dress shirt, and leather jacket in sometimes 110 degree weather. It's the price of responsibility.

1 Like

Re: Is Driving A Power Bike Really A Suicide Mission. by Shagati(m): 9:22pm On Apr 05, 2017
dopedan:

Wicking t-shirt, pants and balaclava

Next question?
Re: Is Driving A Power Bike Really A Suicide Mission. by menxer: 11:25pm On Apr 05, 2017
Hey, come to think of it, in Nigeria we have driving school for Cars but none for bikes, why is that?
Re: Is Driving A Power Bike Really A Suicide Mission. by Nobody: 11:27pm On Apr 05, 2017
menxer:
Hey, come to think of it, in Nigeria we have driving school for Cars but none for bikes, why is that?

That's a business idea for you right there.
Re: Is Driving A Power Bike Really A Suicide Mission. by menxer: 11:33pm On Apr 05, 2017
EgunMogaji:

That's a business idea for you right there.

Yea Yea, that's a long shot sha...
Re: Is Driving A Power Bike Really A Suicide Mission. by Nobody: 3:10am On Apr 06, 2017
menxer:

Yea Yea, that's a long shot sha...

Apple = dads garage
Facebook = dorm room

1 Like

Re: Is Driving A Power Bike Really A Suicide Mission. by Shagati(m): 7:53am On Apr 06, 2017
menxer:
Several riding schools abound.

I can tell you of four in Lagos
Re: Is Driving A Power Bike Really A Suicide Mission. by litaninja(m): 9:44am On Apr 06, 2017
Make a couple of enquiries... There are at least 3 within lagos Mainland with good instructors and "track record"

menxer:
Re: Is Driving A Power Bike Really A Suicide Mission. by litaninja(m): 9:45am On Apr 06, 2017
You even answered already. How business na bruv?

Shagati:

Several riding schools abound.

I can tell you of four in Lagos
Re: Is Driving A Power Bike Really A Suicide Mission. by Shagati(m): 10:52am On Apr 06, 2017
litaninja:
You even answered already. How business na bruv?

All well sir, how your side?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is It Illegal To Repaint My Fading Vehicle Number Plates? / Ford Gives Saudi Women's Activist Her Dream Car As Car Makers Rush To Advtertise / Flashing Or Blinking "D" Light On Honda Dashboard Issue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.