Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,952 members, 7,922,353 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 04:10 AM

The Letter - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Letter (1267 Views)

See The Letter Given To A Girl By Her Mother. / See The Letter JSS2 Student Wrote To His Girlfriend / See The Letter A Boy Wrote To A Girl In My School Where Am Serving (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Letter by mareeam802(f): 3:10pm On Mar 31, 2017
Elsie was getting married to the one she didn't love, and that made her very unhappy.
While she prepared for her wedding, Andrew (the one she loves) sends a letter to express words that was left unsaid.
Will this letter make her go back to the real love of her life?
#Coming soon...the new novel series.
#Proudly sponsored by Impressit Expertise Limited.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Letter by mareeam802(f): 1:48pm On Apr 11, 2017
Episode One
Elsie sat on the chair of her little room as her maids dressed her up. She was dressed in a wedding gown and her hair was packed and decorated in flowers.
It was her wedding day. She was to get married to the richest man in Ovaron and the wedding was planned exquisitely. Despite the huge celebration and glamour, Elsie felt sad about getting married.
It's alright...It's too late...It was a mistake falling in love with him...If Andrew was truly the one, I wouldn't be getting married to Steve. She thought to herself as she viewed her beautiful self in the mirror.
"Elsie..." Melissa gave her a gentle touch on her shoulder, which drifted her from her painful thought.
Melissa was Elsie's best friend right from childhood. She was her closest companion and the only one she shared her secrets with.
"Yes Melissa?" She said, trying to prevent her tear filled eyes from dripping the tears down her cheeks.
"You don't seem happy and I know it's because of Andrew. He isn't worth you Elsa. If he does, he would be getting married to you today. Enjoy your day and don't let him spoil it for you".
"Okay". Elsie said in hush whispers.
She knew she was wrong. She imagined how she could live without him. He was already a part of her.
No. Melissa's right. Andrew is past now!
Elsie tried to stifle a rueful smile as she stared at her friend.
"How do I look?"
"Truthfully, you're the most beautiful person on earth right now. Who wouldn't care to keep staring, just looking at your pretty face". Melissa smirked.
Elsie rolled her eyes but she couldn't hide the clear pink on her cheeks. "That's way too much for me. How would you describe me that way?"
"'Cos that's exactly what you look like...just for today actually". Melissa laughed as she smacked her playfully.
"I love you so much Elsie".
"Me too Melissa. You'd always remain my best friend". They hugged themselves tightly.
They were both intruded by a maid who entered with a white envelope.
"I'm sorry to intrude my lady but a letter was sent to you. Here is it my lady". She presents the letter and leave.
Elsie and Melissa gave each other a knowing glare. They both knew who could have sent the letter. It was no other person than Andrew.
Continue reading https://maryamnittywall..com.ng/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Letter by lhawarl1(m): 4:26pm On Apr 11, 2017
Ok
Re: The Letter by Nobody: 4:29pm On Apr 11, 2017
Following smiley
Re: The Letter by lhawarl1(m): 9:06am On Apr 14, 2017
Aderola15:
Following smiley
hey beautiful
Re: The Letter by mareeam802(f): 12:15pm On Apr 15, 2017
Hello everyone. I'm so sorry, I forgot to share the link for the continuation of the first episode. It has been modified. You can now view the remaining part of Episode One.
More so, the second episode would be uploaded on Monday.
Thanks and happy reading!
Re: The Letter by lhawarl1(m): 6:47pm On Apr 15, 2017
mareeam802:
Hello everyone. I'm so sorry, I forgot to share the link for the continuation of the first episode. It has been modified. You can now view the remaining part of Episode One.
More so, the second episode would be uploaded on Monday.
Thanks and happy reading!
okay take your time
Re: The Letter by mareeam802(f): 9:14am On Apr 17, 2017
Episode Two
Dear Elsie,
They say that love is perfect, that love is beautiful and love knows no error...but I never knew I'd experience love because I wasn't perfect.
Yes Elsie, just like the fairy tales, where the handsome prince falls in love with the beautiful princess and they live happily ever after. I've always seen love like that and because I wasn't perfect, I never dreamt of falling in love.
I was the kind of guy that ladies do not give up a second look. Poor, shabby looking and extremely unkempt. More so, I have a poor shack with my old blind mother. She's the only I've got and I'm the only one she have.
She sold tea to earn a living. That was how we survived and make ends meet. Despite being poor and lonely, my mother was a very happy woman who would never stop smiling. She never saw our challenges as a hindrance to her unhappiness. My mother would praise me and tell me how handsome and special I was.
'You can't say that you would never fall in love Andrew. You'll find a lovely and sweet girl who would love you whole heartedly and accept you for who you are". She would say, kissing my forehead.
I never believed what she said but it always had a soothing effect on me. This was because I knew that there was someone who actually believed in me and cherished me. That was my mother.
There was someone else whom I cherish a lot. It was my best friend; Jake. We had been best friends right from childhood and we've been inseparable till then. We attended the same school, we were in the same grade and we sat together in class. Unlike me, Jake came from a very comfortable home and he was the only child of his Parents.
Jake and I were age mates. He was really handsome and good looking. Some pretty amount of girls flocked around him. Jake was cool and well mannered. His smile was breath taking and he'd sit and carefully listen to all I've got to say...even though it sounded meaningless.
Elsie, I met you on a Monday morning. The sky was somewhat foggy and it looked like it would rain. The weather was indeed great and it depicted how great the day would be.
Jake and I were in a hurry to meet our first lecture and due to my anxiety, I scurried over and fell some lecture notes to the ground.
In an attempt to pick the notes, I caught glimpse of you and I couldn't remove my gaze.
I wondered if I was dreaming because of you were the loveliest thing I'd ever set my eyes on.
The driver had just dropped you off and you hopped down with your friend, Melissa.
I didn't know what happened when my eyes met you but it really was magical, like I was in illusion. The wind whirled around and I didn't if I was affected by the wind or you.
You were the most beautiful creature I'd ever set my eyes on. You were charming, lovely and very pretty. You were dressed in a black long sleeved top and a red pleating skirt. Your jet black hair was tied into a bun with a red flowery ribbon.
The wind blew part of your lovely hair out of its bun and it felt so lovely watching you pack them back.
I could notice the swarms of people that welcomed you, like you were the Princess of Ovaron. You flashed your brightest smile as you returned to all your greetings...only till when Steve Walker parked his car and walked toward you. The smile melted away from your face and you rolled your eyes at him and walked away with Melissa.
I wasn't surprised by your attitude to Steve Walker. He was the son of the richest man and the most popular boy in school. Steve got all he wanted and that made him very arrogant and rude.
Someone cleared his throat and I looked to see Jake stare at me with folded hands.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Letter by mareeam802(f): 10:38am On Apr 24, 2017
Episode Three
"Are you alright Andrew?" My mom placed her warm hands on mine.
We were having boiled potatoes and tomato sauce for dinner and as usual, we sat in the cool breeze, watching the moon that lit up the night.
Though my mom was blind, she always imagined a good picture of how the moon looked.
"I'm fine Mama". I lied.
"You can't lie to me Andrew. You've been pretty awkward since you arrived today". She frowned at me.
My mom was right. I had not been myself since I saw you in the morning, more for the fact that we were from two separate worlds.
"I'm so sorry Mama but it's something less important. I'd get over it before tomorrow". I said, doubting that myself.
"It's less important and you're acting this way? You've barely eaten anything!"
"I'm sorry Mama".
"Is it a girl?"
https://maryamnittywall..com.ng/
Re: The Letter by mareeam802(f): 2:32pm On May 01, 2017
Episode Four
It was after school hours. The basketball teamed themselves at the field while the on-lookers took their positions.
I braced myself as I walked to the field. I've never been good at sporting activities. Going to the field and attempting to play basketball was all to impress you.
Jake had preferred to stay in class and finish his Physics assignment because he couldn't stand to see me being disgraced.
As I walked to the field, I saw you sited amidst the crowd, with Melissa as usual.
You had a big smile plastered on your face like it's an event you've longed to see. You were putting on a red outfit and your hair was left to fall to your back...It only made you more beautiful. Your lips were painted in red and it only made you more rosy.
I walked to where the basketball players were. They were set to play.
"I want to join the basketball team". I said to one of the team members.
It took a while for the skinny tall boy to decipher what I'd said. It was like I had spoken a language different from English.
He looked at me disgustingly from head to toe before replying. "You have to meet the captain, Steve". He pointed at him.
I held my fist as I cringed in anger. He was in a deep conversation with his friend, Lyon.
Steve was the most arrogant gut I've ever met and it took me great effort to walk up to him but I did, because of you Elsie.
"Hello Steve". I said as their conversation was intruded.
Steve turned to see who had cut his discussion. 'What do you want?" He rolled his eyes at me.
"I want to join the team". I said non-challantly.
Steve stared at Lyon in disbelief and they both cracked up in mockery.
"Why do you think you've got what it takes to be part of our team?"
"Because I know that I can do this".
Lyon walked up to look me straight in the eyes. He was no different from Steve. No wonder they flew together.
"I'll advice you to leave the field before you get disgraced. I'm sure you wouldn't want the whole school to tag you as an object of ridicule. It's a sincere advice I can give to you". He scowled at me.
"Let him be Lyon. I know the perfect way to deal with his type". Steve stood up and walked to the front of the field.
"Hello everyone. We have a new team member who thinks he is better than all of us". He said as the crowd roared in anger.
He continued. "If he really think that he is that good, I think he should show us what he's got".
'Yes. Show us what you've got loser!" The crowd yelled at me.
I turned to you and I saw your gaze at me. It was the first time you'd ever looked at me and I smiled slightly; having achieved my aim.
Unlike others, you had a pitiful look on your face knowing full well who Steve was.
You were different...so different from others. No wonder I was drawn towards you.
"Look everyone, I'm gonna pair you with the weakest of players. Let's see what he got". Steve said as I walked to the middle of the field and a short skinny boy joined me.
He spat to the ground in protest as I narrowed my eyes at him. I turned to take a long glimpse at you. You were praying silently, wishing that I'd make everyone wrong.
Well, I didn't and I couldn't. It's not like I could play basketball. It was actually my first time of holding a ball. The short skinny boy was on time to grab the ball and shoot into its nest.
He should be one of the 'shooting guard'.
"Whoops!" Steve grimaced as the whole crowd roared in delight.
We played several times and the short skinny boy kept on shooting the ball effortlessly.
The crowd kept on cheering and I was there, like an outcast; rejected from everyone except you.
"See what I said? You can't even beat my worst player". He gave an evil smirk.
"Leave the field one leg! You're a loser! Get off poorie". Screams were all in the air, and they were all for me.
I felt warm wetness on my cheeks and it was then I realized that I was crying. I had come there to prove to you that I'm the type of man you want but I ended up disgracing myself.
I felt ashamed and useless. I felt like a failure.
Steve had everything. He was handsome, very rich and popular, and he was the Captain of the basketball team.
I was walking out of the field when you stepped out and faced everyone.
"Let him be!" You screamed at the top of your lungs as everywhere grew silent.
"What is wrong with you guys? He came interested in playing basketball and you all teased him that way. It clearly shows that he is a novice. Why do you all lack encouragement? Every player here, including Steve started the same way. They had to learn about the sport before they became good in it. He has the right to learn and you all have to encourage him." She said as the audience looked at themselves with guilt.
Steve stared at you in shock and disbelief. He couldn't believe you could stand up for me like that.
He grabbed your hands to have a private talk with you but his anger made his words loud enough for me to hear.
'Why did you defend him? You don't even know who he is!"
"Do I have to know?," You folded your hands and gave him an unbelievable look, "The fact remains that you were very unfair".
"How was I being unfair?" He dared to ask.
"You lied to everyone about him. You never gave him a chance to learn. Rather, you put him up to a big challenge and disgraced him in front if everyone". You scowled.
"I'm the captain!" He held your hand tighter and you struggled to pull it out of your grips.
I was about to walk up to you and save you from Steve when he released you and walked to his teammates.
"Today is cancelled. We continue tomorrow". He carried his backpack and stormed out of the field.
I've never been so much amused in my whole life. I couldn't believe that Steve could be pulled off that way. It was then I had no regret of coming to the field.
Since the game was cancelled, people left the field one after the other.
I saw you with Melissa. You were going to your car and I hurried to have a talk with you before you leave.
"Hi". I waved awkwardly. just as you were about to open the car door.
"Hello". You smiled sweetly and your eyes lit up in glamour.
You were more beautiful than I'd ever perceived you. Your face was very precious, roundly shaped and very beautiful. The deep dimples that appeared at the side of your cheeks when you smiled was lovely.
"I'm Andrew". I grinned at you and you smiled away, blushing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Letter by mareeam802(f): 7:37am On May 09, 2017
Episode Five
I had never been that nervous in my life. The minutes I waited for you to join me was terrifying.
I had arranged everything in a perfect way. There was an extra fishing rod lying by my side. It was for you.
I had spent the hours after school scanning through the market for the best fishing rod for you.
At my back was my drawing board with stacks of paint around it. It was the best atmosphere for me to enjoy after school and I had invited you to my schedule.
The river was magnificent and very beautiful; the green grasses at its banks was a very lovely serene to meditate and forget about all sorrows in life.
It was where I got the best inspiration to draw and paint.
The cool breeze that whirled in the evening was friendly and very entertaining.
I sat at the river bank as I dipped my legs into the cool water. Watching the waves form in front of me, I smiled, thinking of what happened today. How you stood for me.
It was like a dream Elsie. You stood for me without knowing me and you accepted my request just like that?
I wondered if you're truly from this world.
"Hi". Your warm hands touched my skin and I was startled out of my thought.
"Oh...Elsie, you're here?" I smiled, trying to ease off the air I had just developed.
"Ah...nothing really. I'm glad you could make it". I gave you an appreciative look.
You were dressed in a simple pink top and jean trouser. Your hair was left loose and you looked really beautiful.
'This place is very lovely Andrew. I never imagined there is a place like this in Ovaron". You admired the whole environment.
It was indeed beautiful!
"I'm glad you like it. This is where I get loose of the day's stress. The perfect place to make my day". I laughed and you joined.
You removed your shoes and dipped your legs into the water, just like I'd done.
"Gosh! This atmosphere is amazing. Why am I just discovering this now?" You pouted your lips in amusement.

"Thanks to me". I laughed, watching your face lit up in delight.
We started fishing some minutes after. I taught you how to fish and you got the skill in no time. I watched the way you clasped your hands excitedly and the sound of your laugh whenever you caught a fish.
With time, we had caught so many fishes.
"I can't believe I went fishing today". You danced around in delight.
"Yeah, I do understand that Elsie. It's always a great experience". I packed the fishes into a bucket.
"The next to do is painting. There is a little workshop". I said proudly, creating the best impression of myself.
"You paint?" You widened your eyes in surprise.
I always knew ladies love artists! ):
"Of course!"
"Wow! Pretty pretty amazing. You're so talented". My face turned red after I heard what you said.
You just praised me Elsie!"
"Don't flatter me".
"It's the truth. Let's get to work".
You studied with full concentration as I taught you the basic rudiments of painting.
You were the best learner I've ever seen Elsie. You listened attentively and answered questions appropriately.
We spent like an hour painting and when we were done, the sun was beginning to set and cloud was turning dark.
It was sure that it'd rain.
"The painting is lovely". You felt its beauty with your eyes.
It was still wet and had to dry. I kept it in my little workshop as I joined you. The rain started to drizzle and I hurried to get you out of the place.
"It's starting to rain. Let's leave before it gets dark". I packed all my stuff, ready to leave.
"No Andrew. Let's dance in the rain".
"What?!" I stared at you in disbelief.
Like seriously? Dance in the rain?
"Yes. I've always wanted to do this, even though my mom wouldn't accept me. Please Andrew?"
"Huh?" I stared at her disbelief.
How could that be possible? Sounds pretty awkward and childish!
"I know it's pretty awkward and childish but let's do this for fun". You grabbed my hands and dragged me to the rain, like you could read my mind.
"Whoa! I love this! I've always wanted this". You raised your hands swiftly, enjoying the wetness of the rain.
I jumped in the rain and I saw that you were right. It was truly fun. We both laugh as the rain poured on us with full intensity.
I stared at you as you danced in the rain. I had never seen you that happy.
It was then I knew that I was truly in love with you!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Letter by mareeam802(f): 12:43pm On May 15, 2017
Episode Six
Jake and I sat at our usual corner in the cafeteria, having lunch. I had told him how the evening went with you and his mouth had been left hanging open.
"Honestly Andrew, I never knew your full potentials. You're truly a genius...winning over Elsie when the so-called Steve didn't get a chance?" Steve hummed playing with a slice of chicken with his fork.
"Don't get me too flattered Jake. She sees me as a friend, someone she can freely talk to". I said sadly.
"You never can tell man. I'll just advice you to take one step at a time".
"That's exactly what I'll do". I said as you and Melissa entered the cafeteria.
You looked quite different. You were a rather loose clothing and you had a big sweater on. Your face was pale and you looked really sick.
You smiled immediately you caught sight of me and you walked to meet me. Melissa had no choice but to follow.
"Speak of the angel". Jake whispered.
"Shh. Please behave well for the meantime Jake. I don't want her seeing that I have a sassy friend like you". I rolled my eyes at him.
"Oh, I'm sassy right?"
"Oops, my bad. We'll talk about this when she leaves". I said as you were got to where we were seated.
"Hi Andrew". You gave a simple wave.
"Hello. Nice to see you again. Meet my friend Jake and Jake, this is Melissa my special friend". I said as Melissa scoffed at me.
"Nice to meet you Jake". You smiled at him.
"You too". Jake replied.
"You look rather sick. Are you okay?" I furrowed my eyebrows in concern.
You stifled an awkward but silent laugh. "It's nothing, just the reaction from the rain yesterday. It's not really bad. At least I didn't catch a flu".
"I still feel bad letting you play in the rain. You look very sick".
"I would be fine Andrew. I don't mind having this cold for having a little fun yesterday". You grinned.
"Okay. I think a hot tea would be best for you".
"Yes. We could go buy one of the best teas after school hours".
"My mom sells the best tea. She would happily make enough for us". I said proudly.
"Okay then, I'd meet you after school hours". You said and left to make your order.
When you left, Melissa didn't follow you. Rather. she walked up to me with an evil look.
"I know your type. Trying to deceive a rich girl for money. Elsie might enjoy your company but I'll never make her fall in love with you. Mark my words". She pointed a finger at me and left.
"Amazing". Jake shook his head as he continued his meal.
Jake and I had just Chemistry class when we stumbled into Steve and Lyon on our way out. I knew it'd be a disaster!
"We get to meet again Andrew". Steve me an evil grin.
He was dressed in his usual sleeveless shirt and baseball cap; showing part of his spiky hair.
"Yeah, we've got business to attend to". I tried to leave but he halted my movement by standing in front of you.
"You dare not walk out when I've no finished what I want to say". Steve said as he shoved his hands in his pocket and paced around me in circles.
"Who are you to be chase after what I desire the most?" He said in anger.
"Is anything wrong in my being friend with Elsie".
"Yes. Everything is wrong. She likes you".
"That's great to hear". I smiled mockingly.
"Seriously? You don't know who you're threading with". Lyon yelled at me.
"Oh I do. The so-called popular boy in Ovaron and his friend".
"We shall see". Steve said as he angrily walked out of the place with Lyon.
"Guess you have two enemies now. The main thing is how to stop them from preventing you from getting close to Elsie". Steve said matter-of-factly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Letter by lhawarl1(m): 7:32am On May 19, 2017
Hmmmm little by little, it making sense, kontinue
Re: The Letter by mareeam802(f): 1:46pm On Aug 06, 2017
Episode Seven
We walked together on the road as the cool breeze soothed our skins, the goose pimples popping out in excitement.
It was a great feeling walking along with you and watching you talk about everything, and watching your deep dimples form when you smile.
We got to my small hut and my mom was as usual, making tea.
My mom was very glad to finally meet you, even though she couldn't see you. She served us tea and you agreed that it was the best tea you've ever drank.
You stayed there for hours before you decided to leave. I saw you off as you went back home.
"I had a really nice time at your place". You smiled.
"What nice? The small and dilapidated hut?" I asked embarrassed.
"It's simple and your mom is really nice. What more do you want? You have to be contented!" You said with a serious look.
"Okay Elsie. Thanks for the advice".
"You're welcome. I'll see you tomorrow. Thanks for always making my day".
"You're welcome. Goodbye Elsie".
"Goodbye Andrew".

"She's nice". My mom said as we had dinner.
I spilled rice away from my mouth as I was shocked to hear that.
"Really?"
"Yes. She's very lovely".
"So you like her?" I asked.
"Yes I do. Do you love her?"
"With all my heart Mama". I placed my hand right over my chest to show the extent of my love.
Though my mom couldn't see any of these.
"Does she know?"
"I don't think so", I frowned, scratching my hair, "I'm really different from her. I'm practically not her type".
"There's nothing bad in trying son".
"I'm just scared. Our friendship might break if I tell her how I feel".
"You don't know how she feels about you until you express yourself".
"Alright mama. I'll think about that". I ate the rest of my food silently.
I had just packed the dishes to wash when Jake entered.
"Hey you". He smacked me on my right hand, falling the spoons to the ground.
"The heck? Why are you even here by this time?"
"Because I'm losing my best friend. Elsie has snatched me from you". He faked a loud cry.
"Aw. That's so sad to hear. What should we do about this Elsie of a girl?" I placed my hand on Jake's shoulder, pretending to be deep in thought.
"I have no idea. She's driving my best friend crazy. Imagine that he didn't come for my mom's vegetable rice because he went out with Elsie". Jake pouted his lips.
Yeah! I never miss Jake mother's vegetable rice. It's always the best. It's my first time of missing it, and that's because I was with you, Elsie.
"Life is unfair you know". Jake cleaned fake tears with the sleeve of his shirt.
"What can the best friend do to compensate for hurting his friend?" I asked as Jake face lit up in amusement.
"Well, he can attend the ground feast held at the community's circle. Elsie should also be present". Jake said as my eyes almost popped out of its socket.
Elsie? Present?
I ran to inform my mom that I'd be going out with Jake and so we walked our way to the community's circle.
It was always a fun night every end of the month. A lady would be chosen and different men would try to win her heart. At the end, he would choose one of them and they would dance round the circle. It was a night of feast and merriment. I've never attended one but I did this time around just for you, Elsie.

A/N: Speaking of vegetable rice, I made one not long ago and it was terrible. I had made it in an unusual way, boiling onion and pumpkin leave with rice. I ate it for breakfast and it was nice. I enjoyed it. Eating the leftover for supper was horrible...it had this slippery feeling in the tongue and gosh! I almost vomited. I had to throw the rest away. Well I guess I can't make vegetable rice as much as Jake's mother.
Do you have a best friend you can't do without? One you share an inseparable bond with just like Andrew and Jake? Tag that lovely friend you love so much.
Have a great week and happy reading!
Re: The Letter by mareeam802(f): 1:50pm On Aug 06, 2017
Episode Eight
When Jake and I got there, you were in the middle of the circle, dressed in a traditional wear and swarms of boys were trying to win your heart. You frowned as they made advances to you, Steve being the lead of them. You got angry as you tried to pull away from him but you couldn't.
As you caught sight of me, you exerted all the strength you had out of his grip and ran towards me. Elsie, you hugged me. You hugged me so tightly that I could feel your heart beat in my chest. Your body was so warm that I wondered if I had a thick blanket to cover me up from the fierce weather. I couldn't explain the feeling I had. You held your hands tight at my back, not willing to let go.
"He's the one I choose". You said to the crowd, people cheering.
"It's not fair. It's a competition. You have to choose among those who tried to win your heart in the circle. He only came here and he hasn't even tried yet". Steve said as everyone agreed.
"Will you do this? Try win my heart at the circle?" You said softly, your eyes fixed on mine.
"Yes". I glared at Steve as I walked up to the stage, my hand in yours.
I knelt on a knee, staring at you. "Elsie, words cannot explain how I feel about you. If there's anything I could use to describe this feelings other than love, I would. You're beautiful Elsie, lovely and very pretty; both in and out. Your character is outstanding. You care for others just like yourself. You love everyone. You're humble, kind and very caring. That's why I love you more Elsie. I adore you Elsie. You're the best feeling I've ever received in a long time. You're amazing.
I may not have the time or opportunity to tell you how I feel but right now, this is how I feel about you. I love you Elsie!". I said as you smiled, a smile of satisfaction, happiness and love.
The crowd cheered as you pulled me again, into a big hug.
"Elsie has found her love". People said as we sat together, eating roasted lamb and enjoying the sweet merriment.
Whenever I turned to look at you, I'd see you smiling at me. It was like a dream Elsie, that you accepted me who was a nobody.
"Let's dance". You said dragging my hand.
"What?"
"Come on Andrew, let's enjoy tonight's fun". You smirked, pulling me to where other couples were.
I danced away with you, enjoying every moment of me. Steve winked at me as he watched both of us, dancing away our sorrow. I could see Melissa at a corner scoffing. I didn't know who was angrier between Steve and Melissa. They both held a great resentment towards me.
After we danced and resumed our seat, Melissa walked to us, with a worried look.
"Can I see you privately Elsie?" She said to you, rolling her eyes at me.
"Can't it wait till after this? I'm having a nice time here".
"It can't wait!" She yelled.
"Okay". You followed her reluctantly.
I watched you leave my sight, wondering what her mission was. It was only two seconds after you left that Jake came, dragging me to a closed place.
"Listen to what Melissa says. She may be trying to change Elsie's heart towards you". Jake whispered as I walked deeper into the bush, eavesdropping their conversation.
"Why are you flirting with that poor boy?" Melissa scowled at you.
"I'm not flirting with him. Besides, he has a name. Andrew". You frowned at your best friend.
"When did you become like this? You've never liked a boy this much. Why is Andrew different".
"He's different, that's why I love him. I don't think there's anything wrong with liking a boy at this stage of my life".
"Everything is wrong and that's because that Andrew of a guy is involved". She insisted, expressing her hatred for me.
"Why do you hate him so much. Have you seen him doing anything bad, or is it because he's not from a well-to-do family like ours?"
"Yes Elsie, that's the reason. I feel he is after your Parents wealth. Elsie, I'm your best friend and I love you so much. All I want is to see you happy. I don't want anything that would hurt you".
"Then let me fall in love". You said, storming out of her presence and running out of the gathering, into the dark.
He's different, that's why I love him. I remembered what you had said to Elsie. I then remembered the graceful hug you had given me when Jake and I arrived at the community's circle. All was like a dream to me.
Re: The Letter by mareeam802(f): 1:50pm On Aug 06, 2017
Episode Nine
I tried to keep pace with you Elsie, but you were long gone in the dark and I couldn't trace your where about. I however spent the night thinking of you. All my thoughts were drifted to you, Elsie.
I hardly slept and after the cock's crow, I stood giddily from the bed and dressed up for school. My mom made her usual hot tea and I hurriedly drank it. I really needed it in my system.
Jake and I usually meet up at the middle of the road and then we would walk to school. When I got to our usual waiting point, Jake had not gotten there and so I stood, waiting for him to meet up with me.
I hadn't waited for minutes that I caught sight of him.
"Whoa! You're so early this morning". Jake screamed as he walked up to me.
Yeah, I was always the one being waited for but this time, I had gotten there really early.
He smirked, seeing my bulgy eyes which was a sign of sleeplessness.
"Really? You didn't sleep?" He cracked up.
"Kind off". I messaged the end of my neck.
"Very funny. Andrew couldn't sleep because Elsie's in his mind".
"Not funny. I don't wanna talk about it please". I said shyly, hiding my face from him.
"There's nothing to be shy about. You love her. She loves you. That's the main deal okay?"
"Okay".

We shared this class together; history class. You entered quite late and there was an empty seat beside me. Steve had called you to sit beside him but you declined, taking the next seat just beside me. Melissa and gone elsewhere to find a place to sit.
"Hi" You smiled at me before opening your books.
"Hello". I smiled back, catching Jake's wink.
He was right. I couldn't concentrate throughout the lecture. My mind was all on you, imagining that the person beside me was the one I love, the one that had showered so much love to me. It was too good to be true.
There was a short break after the lecture and we walked out together.
"You just disappeared into the blue last night. What happened?"
"Oh, I'm so sorry Andrew. I wasn't feeling too well and I just had to leave the circle. I'm sorry if I made you nervous". You apologized.
"No problem Elsie"
"And..thanks for standing up for me. You really made my night". You said sparkling your lovely eyes.
"I...what can I say? Thank you Elsie". I chucked shyly.
That was when Steve and Lyon got to the stage, dragging me fiercely out of the school building.
Re: The Letter by mareeam802(f): 1:51pm On Aug 06, 2017
Episode Ten
Jake and Lyon dragged me fiercely to the school field. Students gathered as Jake punched me brutally in the face. My face spilled red blood as I watched the faint sight of Jake and people staring all over me.
"How dare you? How dare you challenge me Andrew? You've taken what I love the most!". He screamed angrily.
The truth is, I've never seen such anger in my life. You must have meant something to him then.
"Keep beating me. You'll only make her hate you the most". I laughed wildly.
Jake got angrier as he gave me a mighty blow. I fell to the ground with a big thud.
You appeared, Melissa running behind you. Your face was pale red and filled with worry. You ran into our middle when Steve was just about to give me another hit and it caught you. You fell to the ground, your face bleeding blood.
Steve fell his face, realizing what he had just done.
'I'm very sorry Elsie....I didn't mean to". He tried picking you up but you ducked away from him.
"Don't you dare touch me! Why do you do this? What do you gain from being violent huh?"
"That's because I love you Elsie".
"No you don't. You do not love me Jake. If you do, you wouldn't be after what I cherish the most".
"You cherish him right? You love him? Fine! Do you know if he also feels the same towards you? have you ever thought of that?" Jake stared at you mockingly.
You gazed at me, our eyes meeting to a fixed point. You wanted nothing but the truth. You wanted to know how I felt towards you.
"Andrew?" You asked.
'I've loved you before you ever thought of loving me. I love you so much Elsie". I said.
"That's it Jake. I love him. He loves me. I guess we're cool now. Don't you ever trouble us again". You held my hand and walked out of the field.
I entered your car for the first time, Melissa seem more relaxed and welcoming than before. You held my wounded arm, wishing you could do a magic to reduce the pain.
"I'm fine my love. I just need a little stitching. It's not a major wound". I smiled.
"I can't believe I've fallen in love". You sang happily.
"Me too".
Melissa cleared her throat. "Em..I'm sorry to disrupt our romantic atmosphere but I just have to apologize for my attitude towards you. You guys really love yourselves. Who am I to be hindrance to your lovely relationship? I wish you all the best!" She smiled as Elsie hugged her tightly.
"You'd always remain my best friend. I love you Melissa".
"I love you too".
Re: The Letter by lhawarl1(m): 10:28pm On Aug 17, 2017
Awww.. Awesome!
Re: The Letter by mareeam802(f): 10:39am On Sep 11, 2017
Episode Eleven
Yes Elsie. We made it! Our love grew deeper day by day. No day passed that we longed to spend the rest of our lives together. Your infectious smile was an antidote to my day. I loved you so much, beyond explanation. Words couldn't explain what I felt for you. You chose me; a pauper, a one legged, an average student in the midst of people much better than I am.
We were popularly known as "The Twin". We won the couples award every month. Steven accepted his fate but I could see the sadness in his eyes whenever he passed us. We were perfect together, the perfect match!
Another awesome thing was the fact that Melissa and Jake were falling in love. I wouldn't stop laughing about it. It was really awkward but sweet.
Final exams was coming soon and we wouldn't stop thinking about our marriage.
"We would live in a faraway castle, in the hills. You and I, together, having kids and raising a lovely family". You will say, wandering into your land of dreams.
I was happy that we would finally realize our dream but one thing struck my mind and pestered me. I wondered if your Parents would ever accept me for what I am.

I laid on the bed remembering how my visit to your home had been like.
"You're not from a notable family Andrew. How can our daughter gets the care she deserves? She's used to this kind of life, a life of affluence". Your father said, scrutinizing me critically with his little pair of eyes.
I could hardly touched my food. "I may not give her an affluent life but I would give her the love she deserves". I replied.
"She also deserves to be comfortable. Our daughter should not suffer all in the name of love". he said as your mother tapped him and whispered some words in his ear.
He calmed down, staring at me once again. "Will you love my daughter and take good care of her?"

Continue reading https://maryamnittywall..com.ng/2017/07/the-letter_10.html

Re: The Letter by mareeam802(f): 10:42am On Sep 11, 2017
Episode Twelve

The final exams was finally over. Students celebrate joyfully the completion of their studies. It was a great mark in everyone's life. I felt happier because I knew that you and I would soon be tying the knots. It was a dream come true. I couldn't believe that I'd live the rest of my life with you.

"Hey you". Someone closed by hands from behind.
I knew it was no one but Elsie.

"Hi. Where have you been?" I asked, noticing the sweat formed around your neck.

"Oh", You rolled your eyes, "I've been shopping for my prom dress with Melissa. It's so frustrating. The dresses are all nice that I don't even know the best to pick". You sit beside me, placing your arm on my right leg.

"That shouldn't be a problem. Select the dress you know that suits you...the one with your favourite colour".

"Oh yes, I chose the blue one".

"That's amazing. Prom is going to be fun, I know that. It would be more fun if we get the award as prom king and queen".

"Who else deserves the post apart from us?"

"We do!" Melissa and Jake walked toward us, hand in hand.

"Here they go. MeliJa. It actually sound awkward". You laughed sarcastically.

"Oh whatever. How have you guys been?" Jake said sitting beside me.

"Happier than ever. I hope prom's preparation is going well?"

"Of course", Jake said, "Less I forget, Steven is hosting an after party and he's inviting all of us..."

"Not interested". I quickly said.

No matter how Steve pretended to have changed, I still had no iota of belief in him.

"Why Andrew? We all know he has changed. This is our last time in school. We have to show that we've truly forgiven him". You admonished.

Continue reading https://maryamnittywall..com.ng/2017/07/the-letter_17.html

Re: The Letter by lhawarl1(m): 5:22pm On Sep 11, 2017
Hehehehehe lobatan! Thats where problem starts
Re: The Letter by mareeam802(f): 6:29pm On Sep 17, 2017
Episode Thirteen

It was late in the night and Jake visited as usual. He talked earnestly and I didn't hear a word of what he said.

"Andrew? Are you with me?" He said nudging me by the side.

"Oh...what were you saying?"

"Why are you deep in thought?"

"It's Steve".

"I thought as much. What's up with Steve? Why wouldn't you let past be past?"

"Do you think he would have forgotten all just like that? That he would let Elsie go just like that to someone like me?"

"Why not? Years are gone. If he had any resentment, he would have showed it before then".

"I'm still not convinced". I shook my head in disbelief.

"Elsie is yours Andrew. You have to put your mind at ease".

"I hope I can"

It was finally prom night. The four of us met and walked to the venue. Elsie was as usual the most beautiful, putting on a flowing blue sparking dress and dressing her jet black hair into a bun. Melissa wore a red gown and she also looked really beautiful.

Read more https://maryamnittywall..com.ng/2017/07/the-letter_24.html
Re: The Letter by mareeam802(f): 6:31pm On Sep 17, 2017
Episode Fourteen

Steve planned such a great party filled with lots of merriment. Elsie felt very excited and thrilled. Everyone did. I didn't. I was desperate to leave there and sleep peacefully in our little hut.

It was hours into the party and I was really tired. I needed a different fresh air.

"I'm coming Elsie. I want to leave for some minutes".

"Okay. Don't be late". She grinned at me.

I left the building, enjoying the fresh air and leaving the noise and stuffiness inside.

"Steve is gonna have his girl back today". Someone said.

I shrieked, leaning closer to every bit of it.

"Really?" The person asked.

"Yeah. You think the so called Steve will give in just like that?"

"I thought as much". He replied.

"Steve is holding another party to celebrate his victory..."
I didn't wait to hear the las of it. I ran inside to get Elsie out of there. I was right! He had planned it all along.

When I got to where we were seated, Elsie was out of there. I was scared and confused. I searched for her everywhere but Elsie and Steven was out of sight.

This is not going happen. This can never happen to me. My Elsie. I whimpered, scanning through all corners.

Where can Elsie be? This is really not happening to me!

I searched through all places, sweating profusely. There were several rooms in the building. I scanned through all of them wondering why Steve have kept Elsie hostage.

I could hear screams from the last room. It wasn't just a scream, it was that of Elsie.

I haven't been that nervous in my entire life. I got close to the door. With shaky hands, I turned the knob but it was locked.

With force, I broke the down, nibbling the fingers of my left hand. Steve held Elsie tightly and he tried to kiss her.

"Get off her right now!" I screamed

Steve laugh thundred around the room. "You think you can get away easily? Elsie is mine and would always be. You think she loves you? No! She only wanted a nice foolish guy like to be by her side throughout her schooling days. It's sealed. Elsie is getting married to me and both Parents are aware of it". He gave an evil smirk.

I almost fell on my feet. 'Is that true Elsie?" Tears drizzled from my eyes and I was very wobbly.

"Of course not. I do not love him!"

"You believe her? Funny. Elsie cannot deny the fact that our Parents wants us married".

"Tell me this is a lie Elsie". I turned to her wanting nothing but the truth.

Read more https://maryamnittywall..com.ng/2017/07/the-letter_31.html
Re: The Letter by mareeam802(f): 6:32pm On Sep 17, 2017
Episode Fifteen
It was late in the night, the moon beautifully diming the natural surroundings. I dipped my legs into the river, watching the lovely stars shine in the sky. I wanted to feel better but it only brought me memories of the time spent with you. I had invited you and we had fun, laughing together and dancing in the rain.

Why do things change in an instance?

I couldn't believe that I have lost you Elsie; My love, the one I yearn to spend the rest of the life with.

I cried Elsie. I cried like I'd never done before. I cried all my pains and sorrows away, wishing I could turn back the hands of time. I cried till my clothes got very wet and my eyes were sore.

"Why are you crying? You caused it all!" Jake screamed.

I turned to see him beside me. He was really angry. He sat beside me, explaining all that happened.

"It was a plan Andrew. Steve is celebrating his victory now. I can't believe you could do this. You couldn't trust Elsie".

'But I..."

"Shut up!," he yelled at me, "Elsie explained everything when you left. Steve's Parents and hers had planned an arranged marriage for them years before but she bluntly rejected. That was why he had the guts to disturb her in school. Elsie loves you and she would always do. Her Parents promised to get her married to whoever she loves, provided she introduce the person to them, and she did. Elsie introduced you to her Parents as her love and they agreed to get you married to her, even offering part of their property. Elsie loves you more than you can imagine but you didn't even give her a benefit of doubt. You know very well that Steve had dragged her all through to the room and tried to kiss her. She had screamed and tried to forcefully leave the room but he locked the door and held her grip. I'm highly disappointed in you Andrew. You let such a good girl go just like that".

Everything became dawned on me that I made a really big mistake. I had lost what I cherish the most.

"Is it too late Jake? Can I make amends? Can Elsie forgive me for what I've done?"

Read more https://maryamnittywall..com.ng/2017/08/the-letter.html
Re: The Letter by mareeam802(f): 6:35pm On Sep 17, 2017
Episode Sixteen
The wedding between you and Steve was the talk of town. Everyone longed to witnessing the exquisite wedding ceremony. I couldn't imagine that you'd be getting married to Steve.

Steve won at last. He had you. I didn't. He laughed last. He was going to spend the rest of his life with you.

I sit at my usual place in the river bank, my legs dipped into the cold water. I write for the last time to you. I know that we will never be together again but I want you to forgive me. I never meant to hurt you Elsie. I want you to know that I love you so much and I always will.

Yours sincerely,
Elsie.

Elsie cried thinking of the time she had spent with Andrew. Reading the letter made her realize how impossible it was to live without him. She love him, so much. She wanted to live the rest of her life with him, not Steve.

It's not too late. I love him. I deserve to be with who I love. She said crying.

"What are you still doing inside? We been waiti... why are you crying?" Her mom entered with a group of women.

"I'm sorry mama. I can't do this".

"You can't do what?"

"I can't get married to Steve. I love Andrew. I'm sorry". She said, pulling away the bangles from her wrist and fleeing out of the room.

With flowing gown, Elsie ran through the streets, to meet the love of her life. Not minding the stares and murmurs from people, she ran to the river to meet Andrew.

Elsie hugged him tightly. "I love you Andrew".

"I love you too. I'm so sorry".

"It's alright. Let's get married".

"How is that possible? Your Parents..."

"Shh. We deserve to be happy. We could elope and live in the mountain...I'm just joking. We have to convince them that we deserve to be happy".

"Yes Elsie. Let's go fight for our love!"

THE END.

A/N: And we've come to the end of the novel series, "The Letter". If you've made it up to this, then I congratulate you.

Have a great day lovely fans of the Nitty wall!

Maryam Abdulwahab, The Letter.

(1) (Reply)

London Notthinhill Carnival This Weekend... / #neveragainbro Trends On Twitter(hilarious) / Weirdest Wedding Ever? Brides Marry Trees In Bizzare Mass Wedding (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 173
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.