Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,216 members, 7,873,950 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:59 PM

All New Kia Stinger GT Bi-turbo Will Hit 100 Km/h In 4.9 Seconds - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / All New Kia Stinger GT Bi-turbo Will Hit 100 Km/h In 4.9 Seconds (1949 Views)

For N6.5m, Would You Buy This Burnt Lamborghini Murcielago Or A New Kia Picanto? / Hyperloop Releases New Images :how Would You Like To Travel At 1200 Km/h / Alpina's Latest B3/b4 S Bi-turbo Outguns Bmw M3/m4 With 434 Hp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

All New Kia Stinger GT Bi-turbo Will Hit 100 Km/h In 4.9 Seconds by EnkayDezign4: 7:24pm On Mar 31, 2017
Kia has announced that its range-topping Stinger V6 bi-turbo sports sedan will accelerate to 100 km/h in a brisk 4.9 seconds, beating out the company's original estimate of 5.1 seconds.

The top Stinger model is powered by a 3.3-liter twin-turbocharged V6 engine delivering 365 hp and 376 lb-ft (494 Nm) of torque which typically, is sent through the rear wheels, resulting in the aforementioned 4.9 second time. The Korean company has yet to announce how fast the optional all-wheel drive model will be, but there's a good chance it will be faster due to having better traction.

Such an impressive sprint time puts the Kia Stinger within striking distance of the Audi S5 and mid-tier BMW 3-Series and 4-Series models including the 435i.

Will the Stinger's 0-100 km/h be enough to sway buyers away from the premium German brands? Probably not. However, the sports sedan does have a number of other things going for it.

Beyond the attractive interior and exterior designs, the Stinger includes Autonomous Emergency Braking with pedestrian detection, Lane Keep Assist and electronically adjustable suspension. It also has a longer wheelbase than the Lexus GS and Mercedes-Benz CLS, resulting in a particularly spacious interior.
http://www.carscoops.com/2017/03/kia-stinger-v6-bi-turbo-hits-100-kmh-or.html

Re: All New Kia Stinger GT Bi-turbo Will Hit 100 Km/h In 4.9 Seconds by Airborne02(m): 7:40pm On Mar 31, 2017
shocked I

1 Like

Re: All New Kia Stinger GT Bi-turbo Will Hit 100 Km/h In 4.9 Seconds by Originalsly: 7:56pm On Mar 31, 2017
Hmmm....interesting. Price tag need to be lower than that of a Toyota Camry to seriously attract buyers....doubt it.
Re: All New Kia Stinger GT Bi-turbo Will Hit 100 Km/h In 4.9 Seconds by Onukube1(f): 7:59pm On Mar 31, 2017
beautiful

lalasticlala please come here

2 Likes

Re: All New Kia Stinger GT Bi-turbo Will Hit 100 Km/h In 4.9 Seconds by nepapole(m): 8:13pm On Mar 31, 2017
Not bad.

1 Like

Re: All New Kia Stinger GT Bi-turbo Will Hit 100 Km/h In 4.9 Seconds by EnkayDezign4: 8:17pm On Mar 31, 2017
Originalsly:
Hmmm....interesting. Price tag need to be lower than that of a Toyota Camry to seriously attract buyers....doubt it.

Agreed..but it's RWD and has optional AWD with a twin turbo V6, so it has an edge on the Camry in tech.

1 Like

Re: All New Kia Stinger GT Bi-turbo Will Hit 100 Km/h In 4.9 Seconds by Originalsly: 8:54pm On Mar 31, 2017
EnkayDezign4:

Agreed..but it's RWD and has optional AWD with a twin turbo V6, so it has an edge on the Camry in tech.
That car is nice on paper.....it has to prove itself... who will bell the cat?....they have to bait people to buy like Hyundai did. No doubt...Kia have some pretty cars.....very shiny when new.. paint gets dull quickly and I'm not sure how much of their cars is metal and how much plastic.... seen a few with busted bumpers... all cracked up like glass from small hits. Not a good impression!

2 Likes

Re: All New Kia Stinger GT Bi-turbo Will Hit 100 Km/h In 4.9 Seconds by EnkayDezign4: 8:57pm On Mar 31, 2017
Originalsly:
That car is nice on paper.....it has to prove itself... who will bell the cat?....they have to bait people to buy like Hyundai did. No doubt...Kia have some pretty cars.....very shiny when new.. paint gets dull quickly and I'm not sure how much of their cars is metal and how much plastic.... seen a few with busted bumpers... all cracked up like glass from small hits. Not a good impression!

True..only time will tell. So far what I know is that they hired BMW's former Chief engineer Albert Biermann, and he worked on this car. So it should be good.

2 Likes

Re: All New Kia Stinger GT Bi-turbo Will Hit 100 Km/h In 4.9 Seconds by Nobody: 1:57am On Apr 01, 2017
Originalsly:

This is not a Camry competitor, this is way higher. The one that competes with the Camry is Kia optima and based on last year's model it still beats the Camry.

5 Likes

Re: All New Kia Stinger GT Bi-turbo Will Hit 100 Km/h In 4.9 Seconds by RoyalBoutique(m): 4:57am On Apr 01, 2017
greenhulk:

This is not a Camry competitor, this is way higher. The one that competes with the Camry is Kia optima and based on last year's model it still beats the Camry.

Leave am. He still dey talk about Camry. Do you know how many people have pre-ordered the car?

3 Likes

Re: All New Kia Stinger GT Bi-turbo Will Hit 100 Km/h In 4.9 Seconds by Originalsly: 10:33am On Apr 01, 2017
greenhulk:

Kia Optima beats the Camry in what?...sales?..maybe on paper but not in reality.
Re: All New Kia Stinger GT Bi-turbo Will Hit 100 Km/h In 4.9 Seconds by Nobody: 2:24pm On Apr 01, 2017
Originalsly:
Kia Optima beats the Camry in what?...sales?..maybe on paper but not in reality.

The only aspect the Camry might beat the optima (2016 models) is in sales and that because Camry has become a household name in the mid size sedan category, it's just the name. The optima has a better design, more horsepower, better interior than the Camry. A lot of car owners are beginning to realize that optima offer more than the Camry and many people are switching. Kia offers 10 yrs warranty and 100,000 miles on their powertrain... That is how confident they are. Toyota on the other hand offer only 60,000 miles or 5 yrs warranty on their powertrain. Poor.

3 Likes

Re: All New Kia Stinger GT Bi-turbo Will Hit 100 Km/h In 4.9 Seconds by lonelydora: 2:41pm On Apr 01, 2017
greenhulk:

The only aspect the Camry might beat the optima (2016 models) is in sales and that because Camry has become a household name in the mid size sedan category, it's just the name. The optima has a better design, more horsepower, better interior than the Camry. A lot of car owners are beginning to realize that optima offer more than the Camry and many people are switching. Kia offers 10 yrs warranty and 100,000 miles on their powertrain... That is how confident they are. Toyota on the other hand offer only 60,000 miles or 5 yrs warranty on their powertrain. Poor.

You said it all. Overtime, I have come to realize that I prefer the KIA Cerato over Toyota Corolla during long hauls.
Re: All New Kia Stinger GT Bi-turbo Will Hit 100 Km/h In 4.9 Seconds by EnkayDezign: 3:39pm On Apr 01, 2017
greenhulk:

That's for the American market only
Re: All New Kia Stinger GT Bi-turbo Will Hit 100 Km/h In 4.9 Seconds by swagifted(m): 5:12pm On Apr 01, 2017
Originalsly:
lol.. Impossicant.. A car like this won't target sub camry buyers zone... They want to snatch the people that pay for merc Cseries, Bmw 3series..

3 Likes

Re: All New Kia Stinger GT Bi-turbo Will Hit 100 Km/h In 4.9 Seconds by Originalsly: 6:49pm On Apr 01, 2017
swagifted:
lol.. Impossicant.. A car like this won't target sub camry buyers zone... They want to snatch the people that pay for merc Cseries, Bmw 3series..
Really?... oh well... nothing wrong in having dreams and visions!... I wish them luck. ... they really need it!
Re: All New Kia Stinger GT Bi-turbo Will Hit 100 Km/h In 4.9 Seconds by Originalsly: 7:01pm On Apr 01, 2017
greenhulk:

I'm almost sure the Camry outsells all Kia by at at least 2 to 1. There is a reason why Camry has become a household name. No doubt, Kia offers more... like more cup holders, compartments to put stuff, etc. After 3 years... Kia looks like a 10 yr old Camry....I see them all the time. ...so my opinion is on observation....as you can see...1997 Pencil....original paint... still in fair condition... let me get a calculator to find out how many years on the road! kiss Kia need to attract Hyundai customers first..... then Toyota... then they can dream about Benz. Red car....familiar shape?

Re: All New Kia Stinger GT Bi-turbo Will Hit 100 Km/h In 4.9 Seconds by Nobody: 9:48pm On Apr 01, 2017
Originalsly:
I'm almost sure the Camry outsells all Kia by at at least 2 to 1. There is a reason why Camry has become a household name. No doubt, Kia offers more... like more cup holders, compartments to put stuff, etc. After 3 years... Kia looks like a 10 yr old Camry....I see them all the time. ...so my opinion is on observation....as you can see...1997 Pencil....original paint... still in fair condition... let me get a calculator to find out how many years on the road! kiss Kia need to attract Hyundai customers first..... then Toyota... then they can dream about Benz. Red car....familiar shape?

U are completely off point here. I never said Kia optima outsells Camry, they have a long way to go to even come close to the Camry in numbers, but that doesn't mean the Camry is better. Like I said Camry has come a long way and they have that reputation, a lot of people prefer to go the safe way hence why the Camry is selling because the devil u already know is better than the angel u don't know. However they have been relaxing too much and now companies like Kia and Hyundai are starting to churn out better rides in that category.

Let me ask u, so because a Toyota Corolla sells more than Mercedes Benz c class make the Corolla a better car? Likewise rich people that want luxury go for Mercedes , BMW and Audi overlooking Lexus even though there are some Lexus brands that are equal to the task. The Germans have been known to make luxury rides a long long time before the Lexus brand was born.

And who's talking about an 18 yr old 1998 Camry here? Camry is already in it's 8th generation while optima is just in it's 4th generation. The Camry was born in 1982 while he first optima was released in 2000. Kia changed the game with their 3rd gen and 4th gen optima. So when comparing pls compare from 2010 models upwards.

3 Likes

Re: All New Kia Stinger GT Bi-turbo Will Hit 100 Km/h In 4.9 Seconds by EnkayDezign: 10:10pm On Apr 01, 2017
greenhulk:

U are completely off point here. I never said Kia optima outsells Camry, they have a long way to go to even come close to the Camry in numbers, but that doesn't mean the Camry is better. Like I said Camry has come a long way and they have that reputation, a lot of people prefer to go the safe way hence why the Camry is selling because the devil u already know is better than the angel u don't know.

1 Like

Re: All New Kia Stinger GT Bi-turbo Will Hit 100 Km/h In 4.9 Seconds by Originalsly: 9:56am On Apr 02, 2017
greenhulk:
Likewise rich people that want luxury go for Mercedes , BMW and Audi overlooking Lexus even though there are some Lexus brands that are equal to the task. The Germans have been known to make luxury rides a long long time before the Lexus brand was born
I couldn't say it better....this is why Kia shouldn't be hoping to attract top 3 buyers.
Re: All New Kia Stinger GT Bi-turbo Will Hit 100 Km/h In 4.9 Seconds by Nobody: 10:59am On Apr 02, 2017
Originalsly:
I couldn't say it better....this is why Kia shouldn't be hoping to attract top 3 buyers.

But the difference is Mercedes, Audi and BMW have never compromised in the luxury section do it is really very difficult for Lexus to catch up. But Toyota are compromising in the kid size sedan section with their Camry and only a matter of time before Kia and Hyundai catch up unless Toyota up their game.
Re: All New Kia Stinger GT Bi-turbo Will Hit 100 Km/h In 4.9 Seconds by Originalsly: 12:09pm On Apr 02, 2017
Don't really think Toyota is compromising... they are even more focused and even upping their game since the US fined them $1B plus for nothing more than being the biggest car seller....hoping to slow their sales.The newer Camry s are even better and have been closing the gap with Lexus.... have to now look twice.... especially the F series. Hyundai is indeed selling a lot.... but because of the very attractive trade in offers they make...and the up tondate conveniences that they make standard....not so much because the car is good and customers are that pleased with the product.
Re: All New Kia Stinger GT Bi-turbo Will Hit 100 Km/h In 4.9 Seconds by Day169: 6:29pm On Apr 02, 2017
Kia is inching ever so closer to it's Japanese rivals.
Now its just a matter of time for it to catch up and even surpassing them.
Re: All New Kia Stinger GT Bi-turbo Will Hit 100 Km/h In 4.9 Seconds by DaimlerBen(m): 12:45am On Apr 04, 2017
Originalsly:

KIA is Hyundai.

(1) (Reply)

Throttle Actuator (j338) fault code. I need help on this problem / Help, Speedometer Not Reading (honda Pilot) / Why Are Cars Still Costly In Nig. After The Lift Of Ban On Tokunbo Cars By Fg?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.