Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,212 members, 7,887,561 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 10:38 AM

Lukaku, Bournemouth's Howe & Crystal Palace's Townsend Win Monthly EPL Awards - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lukaku, Bournemouth's Howe & Crystal Palace's Townsend Win Monthly EPL Awards (315 Views)

[VIDEO] Martial Ends Townsend's Career With Outrageous Skill, Twitter Explodes / Stoke City Preparing Move For Crystal Palace Winger Andros Townsend / Lukaku, Bournemouth's Howe & Crystal Palace's Townsend Win Monthly EPL Awards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lukaku, Bournemouth's Howe & Crystal Palace's Townsend Win Monthly EPL Awards by Nobody: 8:11pm On Mar 31, 2017
Everton striker Romelu Lukaku has been named Premier League player of the month for March, Crystal Palace winger Andros Townsend received the goal of the month, while Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe picked up his first manager of the month award.

Lukaku leads the race for the golden boot with 21 goals.

The Belgian forward scored four in March, netting in a 3-2 defeat at Tottenham Hotspur, scoring and assisting in a 3-0 home win over West Bromwich Albion and notching a brace in a 4-0 triumph over Hull City.

"I'm really happy," said Lukaku, who is the first Everton player in history to reach 20 goals in a single Premier League season.

"It gives me another boost. I'm playing well at the minute and the team is doing really well."

Lukaku won the award by edging out Bournemouth duo Artur Boruc and Joshua King, Southampton's Nathan Redmond, Mamadou Sakho of Crystal Palace and Liverpool midfielder Georginio Wijnaldum.

Townsend's superb solo goal in the late stages of Palace's 2-0 win at West Bromwich Albion on March 4 saw him rewarded.

The England international ran the entire length of the field after tackling West Brom's Jonathan Leko on the edge of the Palace area, before finishing into the roof of the net.

He said of the goal: "Even though I had nothing left I thought 'I'm going to have to go for this'. It ended up a 2 v 2 attack and thankfully I scored the goal."

Under Howe's stewardship, Bournemouth were unbeaten in March as they won two and drew one of their three matches to move up to 11th in the table and nine points clear of the relegation zone.

"It feels really good," said Howe.

Click this link http://www.footballmole.com/2017/03/evertons-lukaku-bournemouths-howe-and.html to read more. And always visit [url]FOOTBALLMOLE.COM[/url] for more interesting football news.

And why can't I upload 2-3 different pictures here? Can someone please help me out? Thanks!

(1) (Reply)

Top 50 Best Possession Teams From "Big Five" European Leagues (season 2016/17) / Top Nigerian Footballer Slumps And Dies While Training / Fitness Tips And Strategies From The Experts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.