Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,904 members, 7,906,388 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 10:11 AM

Birmingham Vs Chelsea [0 - 0] On Saturday 26th Dec - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Birmingham Vs Chelsea [0 - 0] On Saturday 26th Dec (6007 Views)

Poll: Which team will get 3 points?

Birmingham: 0% (0 votes)
Chelsea: 42% (3 votes)
None. . .they'll share points: 57% (4 votes)
This poll has ended

Manchester United vs Chelsea (0 - 0) On 28th December 2015 / Arsenal Vs Chelsea (0 - 0) On 26th April 2015 / Manchester Utd Vs Sunderland [2 - 0] On Sunday, 26th Dec (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Birmingham Vs Chelsea [0 - 0] On Saturday 26th Dec by v3: 5:41pm On Dec 26, 2009
slimshay:

Or then again maybe u are actually playing at par.  wink grin As a matter of fact maybe this is your present best.  tongue grin
Damn! Bet Bluediva'z having another temper session  grin grin grin
Re: Birmingham Vs Chelsea [0 - 0] On Saturday 26th Dec by Ibime(m): 6:04pm On Dec 26, 2009
nateevs:

(1.) This is what happens when you want to blame the manager for everything. .
What's a formation supposed to do? Create chances and prevent goals. .

What did we achieve today?
27 attempts. . 12 shots on target. .No goals. .

What else do you expect from a 4-3-3 that the diamond has not given?
A 4-3-3 cannot put the ball into the net. . Players will. .

Lampard missed a sitter, Danny and Malouda as well.

(2.) Maybe should sack the manager. . ?

(1.) Of course they would miss chances when there are 20 men packed in the box and you only have a split second to take a shot. . . . 5 chances in a 4-3-3 formation are better than 20 chances in a diamond. . . . most of the chances in the 4-3-3 come on the counterattack, and you have all the time in the world to score the goal. . . . if your memory escapes you, in all the matches we used to draw 0-0 or 1-1 under Scolari, we used to have 20+ shots as well. . . . and back then, you also blamed the players!  grin

(2.) If he continues to be stubborn. Lets see what the next few games holds for him. He will either implode or escape victoriously. . . . soon as he falls behind Man Utd or Arsenal, I am advocating the sack, otherwise he will definitely throw the league away!  tongue tongue tongue
Re: Birmingham Vs Chelsea [0 - 0] On Saturday 26th Dec by v3: 6:07pm On Dec 26, 2009
Ibime:

(1.) Of course they would miss chances when there are 20 men packed in the box and you only have a split second to take a shot. . . . 5 chances in a 4-3-3 formation are better than 20 chances in a diamond. . . . most of the chances in the 4-3-3 come on the counterattack, and you have all the time in the world to score the goal. . . . if your memory escapes you, in all the matches we used to draw 0-0 or 1-1 under Scolari, we used to have 20+ shots as well. . . . and back then, you also blamed the players!  grin

(2.) If he continues to be stubborn. Lets see what the next few games holds for him. He will either implode or escape victoriously. . . . soon as he falls behind Man Utd or Arsenal, I am advocating the sack, otherwise he will definitely throw the league away!  tongue tongue tongue

This ISN'T Ibime!

Come what have you done to our dear Ibime, why'd u post this wiv his screenname? shocked shocked

How many games under Carlotti & you're ALREADY calling for his resignation, give the dude like 50yrs to find his feet na! grin grin. . After all, thats wht happened b4 Jose Loudmouth stepped-in,init? cool
Re: Birmingham Vs Chelsea [0 - 0] On Saturday 26th Dec by aieromon(m): 6:14pm On Dec 26, 2009
This is typical Cheski
December and January ''blues''
Hope ManU can capitalise on this before drogba etal come back from ANC lipsrsealed
Re: Birmingham Vs Chelsea [0 - 0] On Saturday 26th Dec by MeGaStReEt: 6:38pm On Dec 26, 2009
i don dey fear ooo

shoooooo, komon B'ham na dem whole us like this so

this season be as e get oooo
Re: Birmingham Vs Chelsea [0 - 0] On Saturday 26th Dec by presido1: 7:17pm On Dec 26, 2009
The AXE is dangling, to whoz neck i don't know right now.

Chavs How Market? Yaya Karatu? if na Hausa man. grin grin
Re: Birmingham Vs Chelsea [0 - 0] On Saturday 26th Dec by Nobody: 7:30pm On Dec 26, 2009
It's a bloody shame.

3 managers after Mourinho.
Nothing tangible to show.
This just goes to show JM was truly special.

Same squad, increased pay, yet we keep faltering.
It will be a shame if KG boys overtake us.

Can we truly call our squad world class?
How can we falter against Wigan, B'ham, Everton and those other minnows?
Re: Birmingham Vs Chelsea [0 - 0] On Saturday 26th Dec by kaypumpin2(m): 7:55pm On Dec 26, 2009
BlueDiva:

It's a bloody shame.

3 managers after Mourinho.
Nothing tangible to show.
This just goes to show JM was truly special.

Same squad, increased pay, yet we keep faltering.
It will be a shame if KG boys overtake us.

Can we truly call our squad world class?
How can we falter against Wigan, B'ham, Everton and those other minnows?

In as much as i know you are within your right as a fan to vent your spleen when your team is not performing,i do not think objectivity should be thrown to teh dogs.The reality now is that,there are barely minnows in EPL,and indeed world soccer.Sit down and try figuring how many matches the so called Top 4 teams have lost so far this season and to what teams and you will be surprised.

That said . . . Birmingham were so compact and disciplined today in their defending ONLY a team with creativity would have beaten them.And then Chelsea didn't take their chances when they had it.

I hate to sound like a broken record but this may just be the most open EPL title in recent times.
Re: Birmingham Vs Chelsea [0 - 0] On Saturday 26th Dec by Nobody: 8:13pm On Dec 26, 2009
^^^^^^^

I will use your siggy as an analysis .
It's hideous to thirst for champagne taste on a beer's budget

Those whom are given champagne budget should drink champagne not beer.
If the club is spending millions on wages we need result.

Our players are paid heavily because of their pedigree.
If they cannot justify their pay, then lets get unknown boys and field them.
Then we'll know we're minnows playing against minnows.

On a serious note we've been poor.

There is no justification for our recent performances.
Don't try rationalization, it won't work this time.
Re: Birmingham Vs Chelsea [0 - 0] On Saturday 26th Dec by Nobody: 8:21pm On Dec 26, 2009
Season's greetings Chavs,
Trully surprised at this result.Thanks to the incompetent ref,you all shoulda left Birmingham without a point.
It seems like reality is starting to set in, BD,I wouldn't agree with the JM comment.I think u're being nostalgic cus at the time of his departure,standards had started 2slip.I think Chelsea's management set-up will ensure that the managerial musical chairs will continue
Re: Birmingham Vs Chelsea [0 - 0] On Saturday 26th Dec by Akolawole(m): 8:55pm On Dec 26, 2009
@Nateeves

What is the essence of yeye statistics?

Can you compare that with 1 attempt and 1 goal(3 points) for chelsea.

Nonsense.

Up till this morning, i still hold carlo with high esteem but i am getting fed up NOWWWW.

What really makes me mad is his continouse use of "we played well". To hell with playing well and getting useless 1 point.

As long as i want JM to be nothing but history, results like this always bring to our memory the glorious days of the man from portugal.

Can Carlo just erase JM completely from our mind? Quickly too!
Re: Birmingham Vs Chelsea [0 - 0] On Saturday 26th Dec by Nobody: 8:57pm On Dec 26, 2009
Akolawole:

@Nateeves

What is the essence of yeye statistics?

Can you compare that with 1 attempt and 1 goal(3 points) for chelsea.

Nonsense.

Up till this morning, i still hold carlo with high esteem but i am getting fed up NOWWWW.

What really makes me mad is his continouse use of "we played well". To hell with playing well and getting useless 1 point.

As long as i want JM to be nothing but history, results like this always bring to our memory the glorious days of the man from portugal.

Can Carlo just erase JM completely from our mind? Quickly too!

Yawn! Welcome to heartbreak
Re: Birmingham Vs Chelsea [0 - 0] On Saturday 26th Dec by Nobody: 9:06pm On Dec 26, 2009
I've calmed down.
CFC is a world class team no doubt.

What really is the role of Ray Wilkins?
Let him show CA the magic formular Hiddink used.
Re: Birmingham Vs Chelsea [0 - 0] On Saturday 26th Dec by nateevs(m): 10:52pm On Dec 26, 2009
I am not going to argue with you guys like I did last year.
I am going sit back and watch you do the talking. .

You are getting fed up. . I am laughing . .

Shame you guys can't support a manager that doesn't win the league. .
A manager has to do what you guys think is the best, not what he thinks is.

We will never have an identity. . never have a culture or brand of football. .
Suddenly they all want 1-0 wins even though we will all yawn at the Bridge for 90mins. .

It's the manager again. . Maybe we'll draw the next 3 matches and some will start calling for his sack.
We sack him . . and what next?

We employ another one who does well until January, a few glitches, he falls behind and we start to ask for his sack . 
And again and again.

I can't help but laugh. .
Re: Birmingham Vs Chelsea [0 - 0] On Saturday 26th Dec by Ibime(m): 11:02pm On Dec 26, 2009
^^^Nah mate, we need a manager with common sense. . . . common sense to keep winning whilst making changes. . . . evolution is what we need, not revolution. . . . GH is a manager with common sense. . . . everyone knows him for his attacking football, but when he came to Chelsea, he saw that these players were bought for a specific purpose. . . . to fit JM's 4-3-3. . . . and he had the common sense to utilise the players to their maximum. . . . not by playing Lampard on the left-wing and Malouda in central midfield!!!
Re: Birmingham Vs Chelsea [0 - 0] On Saturday 26th Dec by Sauron1: 11:52pm On Dec 26, 2009
nateevs:

I am not going to argue with you guys like I did last year.
I am going sit back and watch you do the talking. .
You are getting fed up. . I am laughing . .

Don't laugh. . . . . .Chelsea's form is nothing to write home about.

Shame you guys can't support a manager that doesn't win the league. .

We will never have an identity. . never have a culture or brand of football. .
Suddenly they all want 1-0 wins even though we will all yawn at the Bridge for 90mins. .

Chelski fans are spoilt. . . . . 3 seasons without a league title is getting too long for the plastic fans.
Remember. . . . .Many of em joined during the Roman revolution.

It's the manager again. . Maybe we'll draw the next 3 matches and some will start calling for his sack.
We sack him . . and what next?

We employ another one who does well until January, a few glitches, he falls behind and we start to ask for his sack . 
And again and again.

Chelsea have been FOUND OUT again.
Teams will load up the midfield and the diamond formation will go phhhhhhhhhbt.

I can't help but laugh. .

grin grin grin grin grin
Things are not too bad. . . . . .Just make sure you win the next game.
Re: Birmingham Vs Chelsea [0 - 0] On Saturday 26th Dec by nateevs(m): 1:48am On Dec 27, 2009
Ibime:

^^^Nah mate, we need a manager with common sense. . . . common sense to keep winning whilst making changes. . . . evolution is what we need, not revolution. . . . GH is a manager with common sense. . . . everyone knows him for his attacking football, but when he came to Chelsea, he saw that these players were bought for a specific purpose. . . . to fit JM's 4-3-3. . . . and he had the common sense to utilise the players to their maximum. . . . not by playing Lampard on the left-wing and Malouda in central midfield!!!

Look, this fella did what he could for the day's match.
We have another game on Monday.
One day's rest and we have to field another 11 and then another game on Saturday.

There must be at least 5 matches this season he played Lampard in central midfield. No complaints then.
He did play the players like as he saw fit. . and Malouda skews a sitter from 5 yards without even hitting the target. The formation he picked worked. The players did not score. How's that diffcult to see.

GH does not play the diamond. . and that's why he did not play it when he came in.
I am not down-playing GH's work. . I love him to bits but any manager last year even Mcleish would have brought some belief back to the boys. . The lost belief and that was it.

If we win a match now, I promise we will be flying again.

Guus is not going to come to Chelsea now. . who do you suggest we bring in ?. . since you already want a manager with common sense.
Re: Birmingham Vs Chelsea [0 - 0] On Saturday 26th Dec by Ibime(m): 2:13am On Dec 27, 2009
nateevs:

GH does not play the diamond. . and that's why he did not play it when he came in.
I am not down-playing GH's work. . I love him to bits but any manager last year even Mcleish would have brought some belief back to the boys. . The lost belief and that was it.

What do you know about GH's tactical formations?. . . . for Russia and Holland, he played a 3-4-2-1, with PSV he played a 4-3-3 and against Italy in the WC with South Korea he played with 4 strikers. Did he not also play a diamond formation away at Surs last season?

JM employed a diamond at Porto wiv Deco behind Carlos Alberto and Benni McCarthy, but when he came to Chelsea, he recognised that Lamps, Robben and Duff were ill-suited to a diamond, and he changed to a 4-3-3. At InterMilan, his 4-3-3 wasnt working so he changed back to a diamond.

A good manager picks the formation to suit the players abilities, a bad manager forces his players into his preferred formation!

Ancelotti can take a cue from his fellow Champions League winner Louis Van Gaal. Van Gaal refused to play anything other than a 4-4-2 at Barca and ran into severe problems with Rivaldo who hated being stuck on the left wing. Eventually, performance dipped and he had to resign. Fast forward to Bayern and Van Gaal insisted on playing a diamond. Bayern were struggling and he has now switched back to 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 and Bayern are the form team in Germany.

nateevs:

Guus is not going to come to Chelsea now. . who do you suggest we bring in ?. . since you already want a manager with common sense.

Guus is starting his Director of football role in January. . . . . CA better watch his back.
Re: Birmingham Vs Chelsea [0 - 0] On Saturday 26th Dec by RuuDie(m): 5:57am On Dec 27, 2009
Did someone in here say "Jose Mourinho is special" Is he still

Well, as someone's signature here says "Pep Guardiola must be his God"

Why don't y'all go buy Pep, maybe you'll be winning sextuples in no time grin grin grin
Re: Birmingham Vs Chelsea [0 - 0] On Saturday 26th Dec by Nobody: 11:36am On Dec 27, 2009
@ nateevs,

If i remember, you wanted us to be patient with LFS last season.
If RA was patient, we will have ended up 6th.

Nobody is advocating for CA to be sacked.
If a manager ain't performing, we ought to speak out. I don't believe in self deceit.
If the manager is performing, we heap praises on him.

By 'pretending' all is well doesn't make it so.
The team will soon lose the winning mentality and that will create problems for all.

If you remember, Hiddink had to organize a bonding session last season to 'bring back lost confidence'.
If CA keeps playing this way without changing strategy, we will soon forget what it means to win.

Please sir, there is no award for showing patriotism when there is crisis at hand.
Re: Birmingham Vs Chelsea [0 - 0] On Saturday 26th Dec by Akolawole(m): 1:06pm On Dec 27, 2009
Ibime:

A good manager picks the formation to suit the players abilities, a bad manager forces his players into his preferred formation!

Gbam

nateevs:

1) Shame you guys can't support a manager that doesn't win the league. .

2) We will never have an identity. . never have a culture or brand of football. .

1) Can we afford him to be trophyless? NO Sir! Premiership has to return to King's road. He's well paid to be my manager and he knows the stake at chelsea.

2)Identity_culture . I personally dont mind half-a-goal as long as it counts as 3 points. Yawning ko! Yawning ni!!

We are dropping useless points everytime.
Re: Birmingham Vs Chelsea [0 - 0] On Saturday 26th Dec by RuuDie(m): 1:26pm On Dec 27, 2009
Avram Grant, Big Phil, Guus Hiddink & now Carlo Ancellotti. . . . . . . .  notice a trend in life after JM, all these guys have come with their individual styles & footie principles; all recorded good results at the initial stages of their reigns & towards the tail end faltered (*except GH - he didn't stick around long enuf*). . . . . . . why

I think what y'all should be looking into is those set of players y'all have got!?
Re: Birmingham Vs Chelsea [0 - 0] On Saturday 26th Dec by RuuDie(m): 1:31pm On Dec 27, 2009
Ibime:

Now CA is bad manager. . . . o kpari oh!
Re: Birmingham Vs Chelsea [0 - 0] On Saturday 26th Dec by nateevs(m): 3:09pm On Dec 27, 2009
You guy are all getting the whole thing very wrong. .

I have never said anywhere that Carllotti should play the diamond.
I really do not care what he plays. I am not a fan of the diamond neither do I dislike it.
I am mot a fan of Carllotti but I do not despise him either.
I am neutral. Very neutral.

I am looking from the point of view of result so far in the season.
Carllotti has employed the diamond so far. . and we've had very impressive results. Results that surpass the achievements of previous managers.

Until yesterday, we have scored in every game. and bar the game against ManU we've scored at least 2 in every game.

Ibime was trying to tell me how we always conceded from counter-attacks but that's not true. We conceded from set-pieces. Until the last two matches against West Ham and Birmingham, every goal we conceded has been through set-pieces.
My question then will be, what has the diamond got to do with conceding goals from set-pieces? Absolutely nothing. So until the game against Westham, there was nothing wrong with the diamond. . .

Now what you guys are doing is judging the diamond over two matches - WestHam and Birmingham. I just don't get it. If we pick up form with the diamond and begin winning matches again, what then will be the verdict?

I have not seen as much to suggest the diamond is not working. You think the diamond has been found out when we create 27 chances to score. How can a formation be found out when we had 12 shots on goal. .?
This is not stats, it's common sense.

Question a manager all you like - you are a fan and you have a right to. No one is calling for the head of the manager now Diva said; but this time last year, y'all were saying the same thing. A few bad result later and Scolari was wanted out by all and sundry. . . It's just a matter of a few more bad results and I know what the song on your lips will be.

This is a not a matter of settling for less. If someone is incompetent at their job, they deserve the boot. I don't understand Carllotti's insistence on the diamond and honestly I do not care. . but to suggest it is the cause of the problems now is what I do not get. The diamond works as far as I am concerned.

I just want us to buy right. . I want us to buy players that can play a 4-3-3, a diamond, a 4-4-2 or any flipping damn thing when necessary. I hate settling for mono-dimensional players and we think it's cool.

As for me so far, there's nothing wrong with the diamond.
Re: Birmingham Vs Chelsea [0 - 0] On Saturday 26th Dec by Ibime(m): 4:12pm On Dec 27, 2009
Nateevs, we were 11 points ahead of Arsenal, now they are 4 points behind with a game in hand. . . . this is unacceptable.
Re: Birmingham Vs Chelsea [0 - 0] On Saturday 26th Dec by nateevs(m): 4:40pm On Dec 27, 2009
Ibime:

Nateevs, we were 11 points ahead of Arsenal, now they are 4 points behind with a game in hand. . . . this is unacceptable.

If that's the yardstick, Wenger should have been sacked 2 seasons ago. . citing "This is unacceptable"!!.
Re: Birmingham Vs Chelsea [0 - 0] On Saturday 26th Dec by Sauron1: 4:44pm On Dec 27, 2009
nateevs:

If that's the yardstick, Wenger should have been sacked 2 seasons ago. . citing "This is unacceptable"!!.

He shoulda been sacked 4 seasons ago. . . . .
No 2 seasons can be the same. . . . .Chelsea are having their blip now. . . .It could be Arsenal in the next few weeks.
Everyone's gonna drop points.
Re: Birmingham Vs Chelsea [0 - 0] On Saturday 26th Dec by RuuDie(m): 7:47pm On Dec 27, 2009
These blue buggers just can't learn to be patient - ok, not to worry ur "special 1" returns to the SB in february maybe, just maybe, ur fortunes will change for the better then grin
Re: Birmingham Vs Chelsea [0 - 0] On Saturday 26th Dec by Akolawole(m): 9:57pm On Dec 27, 2009
@Nateeves

Unfortunately, i could not remember how our own Lordimpaq defined what a fan is?

A footie fan cannot be follow-follow. Should be able to criticize when needed, this is where Ibime stand out among us. He had at different times criticized all our managers but constructively.

None of us is clamouring for his sack but we cannot just accept nonsense.

While i will not hold Carlo responsible completely for our blip(continous one!!) but he is the manager for God sake.
Re: Birmingham Vs Chelsea [0 - 0] On Saturday 26th Dec by nateevs(m): 11:41pm On Dec 27, 2009
And I don't remember why a fan can't criticise other things. You criticise manager I criticise players. Simple!
Re: Birmingham Vs Chelsea [0 - 0] On Saturday 26th Dec by Nobody: 12:11am On Dec 28, 2009
Nateevs,

Don't mind us, we're just working you up.
Yet to see you lose your cool. Thumbs up. cool
Re: Birmingham Vs Chelsea [0 - 0] On Saturday 26th Dec by nateevs(m): 12:25am On Dec 28, 2009
BlueDiva:

Nateevs,

Don't mind us, we're just working you up.
Yet to see you lose your cool. Thumbs up.  cool

Ibime and Akola are going to be back here calling me names. .  grin grin
Just watch. .  grin

That said, I really hope all this comes to an end tomorrow.  cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Manchester United Vs Aston Villa (4 - 0) On April 15th 2012 / Levante Vs Barcelona (1 - 2) On 14th April 2012 / Richest Club In The World

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.