Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,779 members, 7,875,934 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:23 AM

Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US (62521 Views)

Suicide Bomber Refuses To Detonate Her Explosive Out Of Mercy (PHOTOS) / Boko Haram Suicide Bomber Killed After Vest Failed To Detonate (Photo) / Bombs Fail To Detonate As Suicide Bomber Rams Into Military Check Point (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (57) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by H2O2: 4:17am On Dec 26, 2009
0hsisi:

obviously there was none here and I haven't passed through any
can you focus on the news please Mr H2so4
Has this been confirmed somewhere by someone?  This is a focus on the news.   Just get your story is straight is all I'm saying.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by SEFAGO(m): 4:17am On Dec 26, 2009
I need to see the face of the suspect. . . . . I am 110% sure he aint Nigerian.
He will prolly be a nucca from Iraq carrying a Naija passport.

Man if it is true- I am sure Dora Akunyili would have the US for breakfast, we would all call racism, and although I am someone who doesn't believe in crying wolf, I go join

obviously there was none here and I haven't passed through any
can you focus on the news please Mr H2so4

i think the guy is hydrogen peroxide and not a sulfate
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by 0hsisi: 4:18am On Dec 26, 2009
He is from Abeokuta! grin
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Sauron1: 4:18am On Dec 26, 2009
0hsisi:

breaking news!

His real name is Ayo Omowamide

Stop lying. . . . .
CIA said his name is Okechukwu Orji. grin
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Nobody: 4:19am On Dec 26, 2009
davidylan:

Are you discounting the possibility he could have an accomplice hand over those items to him at the airport?
I've thought about that. . . .

But even so, dont you think that accomplice was also checked before he got on the first plane?

Have you ever had someone come to greet you on a stop enroute? Impossible
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by 0hsisi: 4:19am On Dec 26, 2009
~Sauron~:

Stop lying. . . . .
CIA said his name is Okechukwu Orji. grin

LOL
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Nobody: 4:19am On Dec 26, 2009
0hsisi:

Really? grin
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by ijeoma2619: 4:20am On Dec 26, 2009
@ohsis my heart just skipped a beat for a sec
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by SEFAGO(m): 4:20am On Dec 26, 2009
He is from Abeokuta!

man that na bad joke, wetin the guy na omo mallah  grin, I love every nigerian kiss
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Nobody: 4:20am On Dec 26, 2009
0hsisi:

For where? No be Enugu be the state of origin?

Amadi Munachi.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Akeemos: 4:20am On Dec 26, 2009
Great News, Neil Livingstone, thinks Nigeria is a problematic area and short of ridiculous.

Here is the real news though, "THE US GOVERNMENT ARE NOW WORKING WITH THE NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT ON SECURITY" does this line sound familiar?

Uhmmm, Like Glenn Beck would say, Ahhhhhhhh, IRAQ?, Uhm AFGANISTAN , It is just a gradual thing, the next line would likely be, We have to protect America from terrorist state like Nigeria because earlier this quarter, a map released showed Majority of Nigeria as a terrorist state! this is a well written script, am done with this. Nigerian or no Nigerian?
I need another set of information please. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

naijaway:

Retarded muslims are in the open again. The US and others including china are aware of the difference in nigerian extremism. They might have under estimated nigerian hardcore muslims but i thank God it didn't take a complete chaos to figure that out. Now, every nigerian will be looked upon in a more suspicious way coming into the USA but i hope they don't get over board with their suspicions because they will have a lot of law suits to hurdle. This will shed a new light as to if bin laden is/visits nigeria because i cannot disapprove such thoughts due to many northern nigerian muslim extremism. The bad side to this is that they might start terrorist acts in populated christian states in Nigeria but God and intelligent forces will subdue them. Merry christmas to free/wish to be free, loving, and grateful people.

Naijaway, obvious, you write well and it shows it is not hard for you take through the cloud, but I believe you could be deep in your expressions too?
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by bidemi12(m): 4:20am On Dec 26, 2009
i can bet ya'll that since na hausa man definitely na banga/knockout the guy mistakenly blow wey dem confuse as explosives.  grin
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Beaf: 4:20am On Dec 26, 2009
His name is Abdul Mudallad.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Sammy107d(m): 4:21am On Dec 26, 2009
~Sauron~:

I need to see the face of the suspect. . . . . I am 110% sure he aint Nigerian.
He will prolly be a nucca from Iraq carrying a Naija passport.

He most likely isn't. If the media eventually discover his origin and change the story, albeit reluctantly, the damage is already done.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by 4Play(m): 4:21am On Dec 26, 2009
Beaf:

His name is Abdul Mudallad.

Definitely Ijaw.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by ijeoma2619: 4:22am On Dec 26, 2009
they need to hurry and put his mug shot on here abeg
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Sauron1: 4:23am On Dec 26, 2009
SEFAGO:

Man if it is true- I am sure Dora Akunyili would have the US for breakfast, we would all call racism, and although I am someone who doesn't believe in crying wolf, I go join

What if this was a smoke screen to prevent Nigerians from flying into continental US?

This dude was caught and within 3 mins, he has disclosed his name, his affiliation and his genotype?
Come on. . . . . . .Terrorists ain't that weak.
CIA might be using this to create a smokescreen and this could as well be diversionary tactics. . . . . .America should beware.

A bigger threat might be on it's way. This is to distract the attention of the security forces.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by dayokanu(m): 4:23am On Dec 26, 2009
The guy has been found out to be

OKECHUKWU ORJI ONYEASOR

He is related to Ohsisi
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Nobody: 4:23am On Dec 26, 2009
Y'all can disclaim him from now till tomor.

Point is, he might be a NIGERIAN.

Do these western people know what Ijaw, Igbo, Yoruba etc etc is? undecided

But he's not Ekiti sha cool
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Nobody: 4:23am On Dec 26, 2009
FL Gators:

I've thought about that. . . .

But even so, dont you think that accomplice was also checked before he got on the first plane?

Have you ever had someone come to greet you on a stop enroute? Impossible

Why would the accomplice be checked? What if the accomplice worked at schipol and was able to smuggle the items into more secure areas of the airport?

It is possible to leave the airport on transit to visit friends as long as you return in time to board your next flight.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by na2day2(m): 4:23am On Dec 26, 2009
4 Play:

Definitely Ijaw.  

thunder fire u!  angry angry angry angry
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by grafikdon: 4:23am On Dec 26, 2009
Oh boy. . . it is open season for Nigeria. the racists are having a field day. . . they always have to rope Obama in their asinine argument.

WASHINGTON (Dec. 25) -- A Northwest Airlines passenger from Nigeria, who said he was acting on al-Qaida's instructions, tried to blow up the plane Friday as it was landing in Detroit, law enforcement and national security officials said.

http://www.sphere.com/nation/article/fireworks-set-off-aboard-commercial-flight/19294161?ncid=webmaildl1
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Beaf: 4:24am On Dec 26, 2009
[size=14pt]You can bet he is from one of our glorious sharia states.[/size]

Bloody stone age retards.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Nobody: 4:24am On Dec 26, 2009
davidylan:

Why would the accomplice be checked? What if the accomplice worked at schipol and was able to smuggle the items into more secure areas of the airport?

It is possible to leave the airport on transit to visit friends as long as you return in time to board your next flight.

Hmmm that is really possible. . . .

I tried to tell myself, its not. . . . such a shame
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by 4Play(m): 4:25am On Dec 26, 2009
It's been confirmed that he's a Nigerian citizen. It's definitely the Umar of UCL.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Nobody: 4:25am On Dec 26, 2009
grafikdon:

Oh boy. . . it is open season for Nigeria. the racists are having a field day. . . they always have to rope  Obama in their asinine argument.

Anyone who cant stomach racist anti-Obama comments (from Americans praying fervently for a terrorist attack on the US as an avenue to undermine the Obama presidency) should not read the WSJ comments on this story.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Megadeals: 4:27am On Dec 26, 2009
Last name mutallab
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Beaf: 4:27am On Dec 26, 2009
[size=14pt]Breaking News[/size]

His full name is Umar Farouk Abdul Mutallab
Born 1986
Nationality Nigeria.
His explosive was quite sophisticated.

Damn!
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by ruffrider(f): 4:28am On Dec 26, 2009
I am just speechless.  I can't believe it.  I was planning a trip to Nigeria with a few friend.  I am African American, and I was already warn to cancel my plans . I am speechless,
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by ijeoma2619: 4:28am On Dec 26, 2009
its confirmed he's a nigerian and hes currently in the hospital, im sure he will get a life sentence for this
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Nobody: 4:28am On Dec 26, 2009
Beaf:

[size=14pt]Breaking News[/size]

His full name is Umar Farouk Abdul Mutallab
Born 1986
Nigerian
His explosive was quite sophisticated.

Damn!

Here we go . . . right on the restricted countries list.

Nigerian students may be banned from certain programs in US colleges from now on as applies to students of middle-eastern origin. Thank God i don read my own book finish.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by 4Play(m): 4:28am On Dec 26, 2009
A Nigerian reported to be studying in Britain allegedly tried to blow up a transatlantic airliner on Christmas Day in what the White House called an attempted act of terrorism.

The suspect, claiming links to al-Qaeda, was taken into custody with burns after allegedly trying to detonate explosives on Northwest Flight 253 from Amsterdam to Detroit.

He was identified by ABC News as Abdul Farouk Abdulmutallab, 23, an engineering student at University College London.

He was reportedly on a US intelligence “watch-list” but not on the US Government’s no-fly list.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article6968218.ece

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (57) (Reply)

Lucky Omoluwa Is Dead / Watch Remi Tinubu Harass Obanikoro On The Floors Of The Senate Chamber / Northern Muslims Criticise Peter Obi Branded Praying Mats

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.