Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,171 members, 7,939,734 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 11:02 AM

Stand On The Shoulders Of Giants - The Shortest Route To Success - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Stand On The Shoulders Of Giants - The Shortest Route To Success (378 Views)

Free Wedding Pictures Between Tall Guy And Shortest Lady That Got People Talking / Northern Elders Forum Stand On Restructuring / Most Dangerous Route To Europe In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Stand On The Shoulders Of Giants - The Shortest Route To Success by webwiz(m): 10:23pm On Apr 01, 2017
Never waste valuable time re-inventing the wheel. The day I discovered this secret I became master at studying previous successes and applying a new angle or new twist to an old idea. It’s the shortest route to success: find someone who’s doing what you want to do (or has the results you want to achieve). Study and determine what they did to achieve their result. Then- simply engages in the same activities that brought them success and you’ll be on a collision course with your goal.

I jokingly (but truth fully) tell my audiences that I don’t do anything original. Everything I do is something I copied from someone else. But I also tell them the biggest secret – I always copy from the very best.

Why would anyone want to re-invent the wheel? I don’t know whether it’s a fragile ego screaming for satisfaction, or whether it’s remembering our days in school when copying form someone else was frowned upon (and has been cause for dismissal of many a promising student). But I do know this, if you want to spend more time, more money and endure more frustration than you would otherwise, then strike out on an unproven path to your goal.

On the other hand, if you’re looking to significantly improve your odds of success and get to your goal on the straightest, shortest path, find someone you can model. Begin a study of them and their methods. If possible, figure out a way to meet them and get around them. Look for the things they did that you can copy apply your skill or your particular perspective to what they did, and then make it “new” “improved” or “different”
http://www.whatilearnaboutsuccess.com/

(1) (Reply)

Alleged Iphone Thief And Fraudster, Seun Egbegbe’s Brothers Arrested / How To Purchase Online Indian Books And Ship To Nigeria / Church Of Cannabis: Sanctuary Recently Opened In Denver, Revealed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.