Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,369 members, 7,900,987 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 08:47 PM

What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? (11185 Views)

Bible Verses And Quotes To Encourage You In Trying Times / Happy International Day Of The Bible: Share Your Favorite Bible Quote / 10 Bible Verses On Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? by Mckandre(m): 9:36am On Apr 02, 2017
Hj
Re: What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? by Nobody: 9:37am On Apr 02, 2017
John 8:32

New International Version (NIV) "Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free"
Re: What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? by emerged01(m): 9:37am On Apr 02, 2017
Proverbs 4 : 7. Wisdom is the principal thing: and with all thy getting get understanding.
Re: What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? by addikt(m): 9:38am On Apr 02, 2017
The next day as they were leaving Bethany, Jesus was hungry. 13 Seeing in the distance a fig tree in leaf, he went to find out if it had any fruit. When he reached it, he found nothing but leaves, because it was not the season for figs. 14 Then he said to the tree, “May no one ever eat fruit from you again.” And his disciples heard him say it
Re: What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? by nurusystem(m): 9:38am On Apr 02, 2017
I dislike this verse
Mathew 10:34
KJV:Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
Re: What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? by Nobody: 9:40am On Apr 02, 2017
Cc Hahn, obinna58, jonbellion, frank317, akintom.....

We done enter promise land.........

You guys shld shares yours too cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? by elmahmoud: 9:41am On Apr 02, 2017
JOHN 5:30:-Jesus said;“I can do nothing on my own authority;as I hear,I judge,and my jurgment is just,because I seek not my own will but will of him who sent me.If I bear witness to myseelf,my witness is not true.
Re: What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? by Tyche(m): 9:42am On Apr 02, 2017
And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast.
Re: What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? by Kbshow007(m): 9:43am On Apr 02, 2017
Psalms 27
Re: What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? by Nobody: 9:45am On Apr 02, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

You seem pretty smart. Maybe you can answer a few questions for me. The Bible says that there is ONLY ONE way to get into Heaven: by accepting salvation through Jesus.

So it follows that the christians who ran the Nazi death camps can get into heaven. But their 6 million Jewish victims must burn for all eternity in the pits of Hell. I've talked to many christians about this and they just pretty much accept it.

My questions are:

1. How f***ed up do you have to be to believe Nazis can go to Heaven but their 6 million Jewish victims must burn? That's just sick. But christians believe it. What the f*** is wrong with you people?

2. Why would ANYONE willingly worship a god that would act like that? Is it just a fear thing (better known as cowardice)? And

3. Even if you get into Heaven what makes you think you'll be safe with a psycho god like that running the place? What's to stop your god getting a wild hair up his ass one day and sending christians to a place so bad it makes Hell look like an ice cream parlor? He used to like the Jews/Judaism too. Or so the story claims. What makes you think you're safe?

My religion is a cosmic religion; it transcends personal God/god(s) and avoid dogmas. I am a panentheist. I was trying to put you on defensive alert from our christian friends grin
Re: What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? by tosyne2much(m): 9:45am On Apr 02, 2017
Proverbs 19vs4

Wealth brings friends but poverty separates you from them cheesy
Re: What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? by nemynely(m): 9:45am On Apr 02, 2017
1 Corinthians 9:27 Living bible translation
"Like an athlete I punish my body, treating it roughly, training it to do what it should, not what it wants to. Otherwise I fear that after enlisting others for the race, I myself might be declared unfit and ordered to stand aside"

Hebrews 11:1,6 living bible translation
"What is faith? It is the confident assurance that something we want is going to happen. It is the certainty that what we hope for is waiting for us, even though we cannot see it up ahead...
You can never please God without faith, without depending on Him. Anyone who wants to come to God must believe that there is a God and that He rewards those who sincerely look for Him."

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? by agadafred: 9:45am On Apr 02, 2017
Spmalms 118, 91,105
Re: What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? by Damseldammie(f): 9:46am On Apr 02, 2017
Philippians 4:13… wish all the Nairalanders a glorious Sunday service & a fruitful working wewk
Re: What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? by Deefuray(f): 9:48am On Apr 02, 2017
Ecclessiastes 9 vs 11

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? by emerged01(m): 9:48am On Apr 02, 2017
nurusystem:
I dislike this verse
Mathew 10:34
KJV:Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
Must u comment? We,Christians are not allow to comment on thread relating to Allah but now u r quick to exhibit your ignorance here.
Re: What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? by Pergrace: 9:48am On Apr 02, 2017
Job 14:7
For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? by hopefulLandlord: 9:49am On Apr 02, 2017
onyenze123:

My religion is a cosmic religion; it transcends personal God/god(s) and avoid dogmas. I am a panentheist. I was trying to put you on defensive alert from our christian friends grin

oh sheet!!!!!

grin
Re: What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? by jimenyo: 9:55am On Apr 02, 2017
It's not of he that willeth,it's not of he that runneth but of the Lord that showeth mercy.....
Re: What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? by gozman91: 9:56am On Apr 02, 2017
Psalm 135.
Re: What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? by ouzo1(m): 9:59am On Apr 02, 2017
0b10010011:

Song of Solomon 4:5

"Your two breasts are like two fawns, Twins of a gazelle Which feed among the lilies.

Proverbs 5:19

As a loving hind and a graceful doe, Let her breasts satisfy you at all times; Be exhilarated always with her love

Ma nigga

Re: What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? by Pearly255(f): 9:59am On Apr 02, 2017
Hilarious

Re: What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? by laiza(m): 10:00am On Apr 02, 2017
Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends. 1 Corinthians 13:7

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? by Prince4mic: 10:01am On Apr 02, 2017
2Tim 1:7
" For God has not given me the spirit of fear, but of Wisdom, Love and of a Sound mind.."

I have the Mind of Christ..
Re: What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? by realGURU(m): 10:01am On Apr 02, 2017
Eloi eloi lama sabathtani
Re: What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? by HARDDON: 10:01am On Apr 02, 2017
Genesis 12:2

“I will make you into a great nation,
and I will bless you;
I will make your name great,
and you will be a blessing.

.........be a channel of blessings; for when u heap cow dung, it stinks but when u spread it, it becomes manure n make tins grow! So also is ur skill, finance n life. Learn to touch people positively! This is d only lagacy u wud leave behind wen ur time on earth is spent!
Re: What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? by Verami(f): 10:04am On Apr 02, 2017
Mine is Job.
Re: What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? by uvalued(m): 10:04am On Apr 02, 2017
1 Cor 3:21-23
Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours;

22 Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are yours;

23 And ye are Christ's; and Christ is God's.
KJV

John 10:34-35
Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;
KJV
Re: What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? by Jok3r(m): 10:05am On Apr 02, 2017
adepeter26:
Happy sundAy to you all.
My favourite Bible verse is Genesis 1:1

Share yours

mark 11:22 have faith in God
John 14:14 whatever ur ask in my name of the father I will do it.
Re: What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? by Nobody: 10:06am On Apr 02, 2017
I Timothy 5:23 - "Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities."

AND

Ecclesiastes 1:2 - Vanity of vanities, saith the Preacher, vanity of vanities; all is vanity.
Re: What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? by Nobody: 10:06am On Apr 02, 2017
Isaiah 49:23.

And kings shall be thy nursing fathers, and their queens thy nursing mothers: they shall bow down to thee with their face toward the earth, and lick up the dust of thy feet; and thou shalt know that I am the LORD: for they shall not be ashamed that wait for me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Says The Bible Does Not Say Anything About Tattoos False / What Are The Spiritual Effects Of Premarital Sex?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.