Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,665 members, 7,882,225 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 07:23 PM

Seven Spirits Of God? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Seven Spirits Of God? (6234 Views)

Alert: Spirits Of Sodom & Gomorrah Have Been Poured Out. Rapture Is Imminent. / Conquering Marine Spirits. / Do Spirits Of People Live After They Die? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: Seven Spirits Of God? by viaro: 5:09pm On Jan 03, 2010
chukwudi44:

@viaro

couldyou pleaseadduce any reason why Rapheal and John used the number seven in their statements when they know they are millions of angels who stand before God

1.  Like I set forth for John in Revelation, he clearly made the point that there are numerous angels who stand in God's presence - Revelation 5:11 and 7:11 bear this point out.

2.  Then again he made mention that there are SERIES of 'seven angels' who stand before God for special assignments - that point was also set forth in my post, #56: 'Seven Angels In God's Presence', where Revelation 8:2 and 15:1 were discussed. Clearly, these two series of seven angels (mark: 'angels', not 'spirits' or 'archangels') are not to be confused as if they were the same angels.

3.  The reason why (2) above shows the distinctions between those series is simple: each series have a specific number; and according to their number and series, so is their special assignments. This is why you will find that apart from various 'seven angels' in God's presence, you will also find again that there are 'FOUR spirits of the heavens, which go forth from standing before the Lord of all the earth' (Zechariah 6:5).

4.  Looking back at John, he never claimed anywhere that 'there are only seven' angels/archangels who stand in God's presence - it is our various church traditions (whether Protestant or Catholic) that is forcing that interpretation into those texts. Simply, the same John was given visions showing SERIES of 'sevens' - and there are clearly no less than four specific groups/series of 'seven angels' identified for various assignments in the book of Revelation alone (if you also check with Zechariah 6:5).

5.  The plausible reason why John and Raphael might have used the number 'seven' is not because that is what they personally chose, but rather what was revealed to them - a series of 'sevens'. As we have noted in many places, this number 'seven' is symbolic of completeness, perfection, extension, concentration,  or assemblage.

6.  In Raphael's case, we have seen that he never claimed that 'there are only seven who stand before the presence of God' - that was the reason I asked you to check up on 'chariots' and 'cherubim'. If we force Raphael to say what he did not say by claiming 'only seven' on his behalf, then we would be making that same Raphael a most despicable liar. If, however, that is not what he claimed, there is no reason to force the idea of 'only seven' into his statement.

7.  Now that I have offered answers, I would like you to tell me plainly: why did Daniel plainly say that "ten thousand times ten thousand stood before Him" (Daniel 7:10)?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bible Believers Challenge #biblebelieverschallenge Day1 / Big Bang Or God? / Christian, What Kind Of Fisherman Are You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.