Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,467 members, 7,917,428 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 06:49 AM

Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) (13871 Views)

The Moderator(s) On Politics Section Are So Lazy / Moderator(s) Why Did You Lock This Thread...https://www.nairaland.com/1363216/b ? / Moderator/s In Chief: Operation Nigeria Makeover (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Go Down)

Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by ChapelleS: 4:26pm On Dec 28, 2009
Katsumoto:

Okonjo-Iweala did not achieve that; the Paris club members had decided to cut the debt of third world countries due to pressure from various pressure groups in the western countries. It just so happened that she was the finance minister at that time. She be winch or she put jazz for mouth?

Debating this issue will amount to waste of time. Okay lets say that Obj and all past rulers did nothing wrong to the country because they just happen to be leaders of Nigeria in the past? Dumb head! Even the man of the moment who will sign our budget when God gives him a little time to open his eyes because am convinced that he is in coma if eventually Turai wont sign it If not why could he not even wish us happy xmas or because he is a terrorist who does not believe that Christ was born?
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by kosovo(m): 4:26pm On Dec 28, 2009
kosovo:

Thread Locked!
Uncalculated  Human Error,
wasn't meant for this thread!  cheesy
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by kosovo(m): 4:30pm On Dec 28, 2009
For the avoidance of doubt, The Supreme Commander Of Nairaland, would here soon to give answers regarding the Tribalism section.
Thanks as we wait
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by SapeleGuy: 4:31pm On Dec 28, 2009
kosovo:

Or should that be accidental discharge in police parlance.
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by Katsumoto: 4:33pm On Dec 28, 2009
kosovo:

Mind yourself o, mr moderator.   grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by SEFAGO(m): 4:34pm On Dec 28, 2009
Okonjo-Iweala did not achieve that; the Paris club members had decided to cut the debt of third world countries due to pressure from various pressure groups in the western countries. It just so happened that she was the finance minister at that time. She be winch or she put jazz for mouth?

Thats very true. I am not trying to demean her achievements or anything. I am trying to show that proffering a solution is impossible for Nigeria. The other option of breaking up doesn't seem really good either.

After being on NL for some time, all my childish thoughts of radically change Nigeria have been dashed. So I would be realistic- we are at a stalemate, we need ethnic detribalization fast, but that is wishful thinking considering the fact that few of our leaders are real intellectuals. The only way for Nigeria to move on is when we consider each other the same.

A loose confederation seems like a partially good idea but who goes with whom and who stays with whom? This loose confederation business reminds me of becomrich's scehmes
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by Katsumoto: 4:36pm On Dec 28, 2009
kosovo:

For the avoidance of doubt, The Supreme Commander Of Nairaland, would here soon to give answers regarding the Tribalism section.
  Thanks as we wait

Why does that seem analogous to a house boy who upstairs to tell his master that he has visitors downstairs? Or is it just me?  grin grin
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by kosovo(m): 4:38pm On Dec 28, 2009
Katsumoto:

Mind yourself o, mr moderator.   grin grin grin grin grin
smiley
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by SapeleGuy: 4:39pm On Dec 28, 2009
Sefago - A solution is very possible for the country - I think your are being a bit lazy.

Embrace fiscal federalism, industrialisation, resource control and regeneration via a new built environment.
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by ChapelleS: 4:43pm On Dec 28, 2009
kosovo:

Thanks as we wait

@Kosovo stop this your stu pid use of this autocratic and dictatorial supreme commander my foot! this is not Iran where you have those who equate themselves to God by adopting supreme. This is that same mentality that has made Yar'Adua not to resign despite the fact that he is equal to a dead man. If some people like you get hold of Nigeria,am sure that you will remove the president title and replace it with this your animal instinct title.
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by Katsumoto: 4:43pm On Dec 28, 2009
SEFAGO:

Thats very true. I am not trying to demean her achievements or anything. I am trying to show that proffering a solution is impossible for Nigeria. The other option of breaking up doesn't seem really good either.

After being on NL for some time, all my childish thoughts of radically change Nigeria have been dashed. So I would be realistic- we are at a stalemate, we need ethnic detribalization fast, but that is wishful thinking considering the fact that few of our leaders are real intellectuals. The only way for Nigeria to move on is when we consider each other the same.

A loose confederation seems like a partially good idea but who goes with whom and who stays with whom? This loose confederation business reminds me of becomrich's scehmes

Loose confederation is only a pre-cursor to eventual disintegration and/or even war. I say that because Nigerians who have like to oppress those who do not. Rich powerful regions will start oppressing others. Also, power struggles will be the order of the day within the regions, similar to what we have in Anambra (no offense meant). I still think the problem lies with Nigerians; it is a question of mind-set. If we change our selfish mind-set, we will make progress.
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by SEFAGO(m): 4:43pm On Dec 28, 2009
Sefago - A solution is very possible for the country - I think your are being a bit lazy.

Embrace fiscal federalism, industrialisation, resource control and regeneration via a new built environment.

I doubt this would be really different. None of what u mentioned is a type of government perse so I would extract your thesis as fiscal federalism

meaning everystate should be responsible for their economy like the pre-1970s United States, basically a United State of Nigeria or somethin like that?

Seems a good idea in theory, but i doubt its pragmatism
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by Katsumoto: 4:46pm On Dec 28, 2009
Chapelle.S:

@Kosovo stop this your stu pid use of this autocratic and dictatorial supreme commander my foot! this is not Iran where you have those who equate themselves to God by adopting supreme. This is that same mentality that has made Yar'Adua not to resign despite the fact that he is equal to a dead man. If some people like you get hold of Nigeria,am sure that you will remove the president title and replace it with this your animal instinct title.

I think you are taking it too seriously. I don't think he intends it in the manner you perceive it. I think he intends to be jocular.
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by ChapelleS: 4:50pm On Dec 28, 2009
Katsumoto:

I think you are taking it too seriously. I don't think he intends it in the manner you perceive it. I think he intends to be jocular.

jocular! that is how it starts in Nigeria,like joke like joke Yar'Adua is doing his time from sick bed. Didn't the AGF joke about it? Like joke like joke,the 6000mw has become part of the failures of governance. You don't come to the public and joke like that. In sane countries,you don't just talk because they will analyze every word of it. How can this guy assume supreme commander,is there no other better way of addressing the guy? Persons who are democratic do not subscribe to such title.
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by SEFAGO(m): 4:53pm On Dec 28, 2009
^ man u too dey vex, i am sure u no get ngozi to keep u company that is why u are too hot blooded cool
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by Beaf: 4:54pm On Dec 28, 2009
Katsumoto:

Loose confederation is only a pre-cursor to eventual disintegration and/or even war. I say that because Nigerians who have like to oppress those who do not. Rich powerful regions will start oppressing others. Also, power struggles will be the order of the day within the regions, similar to what we have in Anambra (no offense meant). I still think the problem lies with Nigerians; it is a question of mind-set. If we change our selfish mind-set, we will make progress.

All of the above is 100% conjecture. We are better off acknowledging that we are as different as oil and water and dealing with it. The way to deal with it is to consult with Nigerians based on ethnicity and regional alliances. We need treaties on how we agree to exist with one another, anything else is postponing doomsday.
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by ChapelleS: 4:57pm On Dec 28, 2009
Beaf:

All of the above is 100% conjecture. We are better off acknowledging that we are as different as oil and water and dealing with it. The way to deal with it is to consult with Nigerians based on ethnicity and regional alliances. We need treaties on how we agree to exist with one another, anything else is postponing doomsday.
Who killed Abacha? Nigerians are lucky people. If that plane blew up,by now half of the Nigerians living abroad would have fled for their lives. Remember how the Middle eastern people fled the US after the 9/11. So let us wait on God. All this talk of separation is mere talk nothing is happening. If not the goat Jonathan would have asked Nigerians to demand from Yar'Adua why he cannot hand over to him.
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by Beaf: 4:57pm On Dec 28, 2009
SEFAGO:

I doubt this would be really different. None of what u mentioned is a type of government perse so I would extract your thesis as fiscal federalism

meaning everystate should be responsible for their economy like the pre-1970s United States, basically a United State of Nigeria or somethin like that?

Seems a good idea in theory, but i doubt its pragmatism

Why? How can you doubt whithout reason?
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by kosovo(m): 4:59pm On Dec 28, 2009
I want to Thank everyone for your constructive criticism,
   Recommendations have been noted,  Previous Talks with the Supreme Commander Of Nairaland has also been most successful.

Though we can not implement all the Recommendations but We will always work towards the actualization of a Cleaner, and Intelligent-based  Forum.

Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by SEFAGO(m): 5:00pm On Dec 28, 2009
[b]All of the above is 100% conjecture. [/b]We are better off acknowledging that we are as different as oil and water and dealing with it. The way to deal with it is to consult with Nigerians based on ethnicity and regional alliances. We need treaties on how we agree to exist with one another, anything else is postponing doomsday.

Usually before one acts, they have to carefully consider the effects of their actions. Be aware of the consequences before you strike. Hence conjecture is required before an action can be made especially one about confederations. moreover when that conjecture is based on how really Nigeria is then it is  not that far from the truth. If the Yorubas and the Hausa were the enemies of the ibos in Nigeria, then the ibos would later find new enemies amongst themselves. Pseudo-ethnic  relations would arise. Divisions after division where does it end?.

I think though the idea of a written treaty or agreement between ethnic groups in Nigeria is required and of utmost importance.
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by SEFAGO(m): 5:01pm On Dec 28, 2009
I want to Thank everyone for your constructive criticism,
Recommendations have been noted, Previous Talks with the Supreme Commander Of Nairaland has also been most successful.

Though we can not implement all the Recommendations but We will always work towards the actualization of a Cleaner, and Intelligent-based Forum.

bros oga don talk? Anyways the words of the supreme commander is final.
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by Beaf: 5:10pm On Dec 28, 2009
SEFAGO:

Usually before one acts, they have to carefully consider the effects of their actions. Be aware of the consequences before you strike. Hence conjecture is required before an action can be made especially one about confederations. moreover when that conjecture is based on how really Nigeria is then it is not that far from the truth. If the Yorubas and the Hausa were the enemies of the ibos in Nigeria, then the ibos would later find new enemies amongst themselves. Pseudo-ethnic relations would arise. Divisions after division where does it end?.

I think though the idea of a written treaty or agreement between ethnic groups in Nigeria is required and of utmost importance.

If any region finds problems within itself, the beauty is that it would be strictly their problem, not a Nigerian thing. Indeed, the fact that any region is falling behind others or is outrightly backward will be a spur for them to do better.
I think the issue most of us have, is we might not be able to imagine life without a powerful and corrupt Abuja, dictating life and sharing money to the rest of us.
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by SEFAGO(m): 5:13pm On Dec 28, 2009
Ok problems worth fiscal federalism and resource control

1. Corruption- Uptill today the RDS and Chevron Texaco bribes the leader of people from the Niger Delta before they can operate. This not speculation. I met this girl whose mother works for the tax department in RDS who was telling me that she met a Niger delta chief or whatever who was boasting about his numerous houses and that his children were in Switzerland, spain, france- my mouth was just opening in shock angry. Now imagine if these people are allowed resource control grin

2. The only major resource available in Nigeria is oil. Other areas have nothing to offer, so how will they grow? The so-called growth of the South-west and the South-east all depends in some part from oil. All the banks in Nigeria are in one way indirectly dependent on oil. Oil drives industry in Nigeria. The South East produces nada, neither does the south west. However the majority of the professionals come from a particular region, moreso than the region which produces oil  Its really a long winded argument, but the short of it is that in a way Nigeria is a bit more effective as a country than a loose group of states all because of trickle down economics.

Should I be sincere?- I have a feeling the people calling for resource control are people from the south-south and this is not pointing fingers, its just common sense

Basically Nigeria is a resource driven economy, and so resource control is really a bit slefish
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by Onlytruth(m): 5:17pm On Dec 28, 2009
Quote from Afam
You cannot talk about Nigeria without tribes because Nigeria has many different tribes and religions. However, this does not mean that everything should be seen from a tribal or religious prism.

The problems we have on this forum are

1. Intolerance
2. Ignorance
3. Inability to admit mistakes

Unfortunately, there is very little the forum owner or moderator can do because these problems are usually inherent in human beings.

We must respect ourselves, respect others even when we disagree with them.

Once we have mutual respect then we can discuss, debate or disagree with one another without any bad blood.
Unfortunately those are the same problems our leaders have. I remember a particular constitutional conference (I think it was in 1995) when Alhaji Umaru Dikko physically attacked Dr Alex Ekwueme because he advocated the current six geopolitcal structure and true federalism. Ojukwu intervened on Ekwueme's side. That is Nigeria for real!
In this forum, no one is physically attacking anyone. We need to know how Nigerians really feel about one another so that we can avoid a repeat of the past.

No religion should be insulted, no tribe or ethnic group should be insulted and more importantly we must learn to respect facts, common sense and logic.

Let it be known that those who easily resort to insults in debates are usually those who easily or quickly run out of ideas and in a way to cover up they resort to insults or turn violent so as to divert attention to other issues. People like these are usually petty, have small brains and are bullies in real life. What they cannot achieve with basic thinking they tend to make up with physical strength or insults.

I never advocated or supported insults and hardly do so myself except in self defense on few occasions. Nevertheless, the insults allow me to see inside the emotions of a fellow Nigerian. Someone schemed to wipe out my people in the past and I want to be sure such people no longer exist in Nigeria. This forum brings such information forward.
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by Dede1(m): 5:20pm On Dec 28, 2009
@Afam

I meant whenever the issue of Biafra shows up on this forum, few novices will immediately identify such issue as Igbo. It is evidential fact on this board that many Nigerians had wished that memories of Biafra disappear into the tinny air. Nigerian government had changed the name of a landmark from Bight of Biafra to Bonny. However to these skewed and centrist views, the voice of contrarian (a person who expresses a contradicting viewpoint, esp. one who denounces the majority persuasion) should not be censored.     

Despite the fact I borrowed the numerated words and phrase from your previous post, please do not deduce that my subsequent post was a disguised attack on your person.
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by SEFAGO(m): 5:29pm On Dec 28, 2009
What I meant was that when issue of Biafra the issue of Biafra shows up on this forum, few novices (wrong word choice) will immediately identify such issue (trite and wordy) such idea as that of the Igbo. It is evidential(passive use of language) on this board that many Nigerians had wished wished  that memories of Biafar disappear into the tinny thin air. The Nigerian government hads changed the name of a land mark from bight of Biafra to that of Bonny. But to these those with skewed and centrist views, the voice of contrarian (a person who expresses a contradicting viewpoint, esp. one who denounces the majority persuasion) should not be censored (this doesnt make sense).

cheesy
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by SEFAGO(m): 5:31pm On Dec 28, 2009
Man I need panadol
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by Beaf: 5:32pm On Dec 28, 2009
SEFAGO:

1. Corruption- Uptill today the RDS and Chevron Texaco bribes the leader of people from the Niger Delta before they can operate. This not speculation. I met this girl whose mother works for the tax department in RDS who was telling me that she met a Niger delta chief or whatever who was boasting about his numerous houses and that his children were in Switzerland, spain, france- my mouth was just opening in shock angry. Now imagine if these people are allowed resource control grin

With true federalism, that wouldn't be Nigeria's issue. It would be for the people in the ND to deal with and a pointer as to how vigorously they will do this can be seen in their pursuit of Ibori (flouted by the FG) http://saharareporters.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4575:fighting-corruption-with-hometown-outrage&catid=81:external-contrib&Itemid=300

It will be, everybody, worry about your own section.

SEFAGO:

2. The only major resource available in Nigeria is oil. Other areas have nothing to offer, so how will they grow? The so-called growth of the South-west and the South-east all depends in some part from oil. All the banks in Nigeria are in one way indirectly dependent on oil. Oil drives industry in Nigeria. The South East produces nada, neither does the south west. However the majority of the professionals come from a particular region, moreso than the region which produces oil  Its really a long winded argument, but the short of it is that in a way Nigeria is a bit more effective as a country than a loose group of states all because of trickle down economics.

Should I be sincere?- I have a feeling the people calling for resource control are people from the south-south and this is not pointing fingers, its just common sense

Basically Nigeria is a resource driven economy, and so resource control is really a bit slefish

The treaties for our existence could include giving loans to other sections for their development. Yes, I agree the argument is long winded grin.
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by Dede1(m): 5:38pm On Dec 28, 2009
SEFAGO:

2. The only major resource available in Nigeria is oil. Other areas have nothing to offer, so how will they grow? The so-called growth of the South-west and the South-east all depends in some part from oil. All the banks in Nigeria are in one way indirectly dependent on oil. Oil drives industry in Nigeria. The South East produces nada, neither does the south west. However the majority of the professionals come from a particular region, moreso than the region which produces oil Its really a long winded argument, but the short of it is that in a way Nigeria is a bit more effective as a country than a loose group of states all because of trickle down economics.

You are murderous individual. You are bent on killing grammar.
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by SEFAGO(m): 5:42pm On Dec 28, 2009
Ok problems worth with fiscal federalism and resource control

1. Corruption- Uptill today the RDS and Chevron Texaco bribes the leader of people from the Niger Delta before they can operate. This is  not speculation. I met this girl whose mother works for the tax department in RDS who was telling me that she met a Niger delta chief or whatever who was boasting about his numerous houses and that his children were in Switzerland, Spain, France- my mouth was just opening in shock Angry. Now imagine if these people are allowed resource control Grin

2. The only major resource available in Nigeria is oil. Other areas have nothing to offer, so how will they grow? The so-called growth of the South-west and the South-east all depends in some part from oil. All the banks in Nigeria are in one way indirectly dependent on oil. Oil drives industry in Nigeria. The South East produces nada, neither does the south west. However the majority of the professionals come from a particular region, moreso than the region which produces oil.  Its really a long winded argument, but the short of it is that in a way Nigeria is a bit more effective as a country than a loose group of states all because of trickle down economics.

Should I be sincere?- I have a feeling the people calling for resource control are people from the south-south and this is not pointing fingers, its it is just common sense

Basically Nigeria is a resource driven economy, and so resource control is really a bit slefish selfish

grin
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by SapeleGuy: 5:43pm On Dec 28, 2009
SEFAGO:

Nigeria doesn't have a monopoly on corruption as the cases with Halliburton, Siemens and others have proved. Assuming your story is true, why are you not advocating for the prosecution of these oil companies. Sefago please don't insult our intelligence with your a friend of a friends wifes sister in law anecdotes, Please provide evidence.

SEFAGO:

Sefago - go and read this article about illegal mining in Yoruba and Awusa land and see how resource control is already being practised to the tune of $20 billion and then tell us who is selfish.
http://sunday.dailytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2358&catid=44&Itemid=28
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by Dede1(m): 5:45pm On Dec 28, 2009
SEFAGO:

cheesy

Are you not the same olodo that wrote a post by disputing contrarian as a word of English Language?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12)

Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls / Petrol Scarcity: Kachikwu’s Comment Fuels Hoarding, Panic Buying / No To Cattle Colonies By Femi Falana.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.