Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,790 members, 7,886,113 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 10:36 PM

The Virtue Of Tolerance Of The Igbo People...what The Other Tribe Lacks - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Virtue Of Tolerance Of The Igbo People...what The Other Tribe Lacks (2245 Views)

Ikpeazu Addresses Igbo People In USA, Defies IPOB (Photos) / Akeredolu Commended For Tolerance Of Opposition / Why Do Igbos Think Every Other Tribe Hates Them. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Virtue Of Tolerance Of The Igbo People...what The Other Tribe Lacks by Youngadvocate(m): 9:35pm On Apr 02, 2017
If you want to learn tolerance or respect for settlers and people from other faiths or other parts of Nigeria,go to the Igbo land. I have said it more than a dozen times here especially to my Northern friends.

Go to Ibagwa-Aka,the headquarters of Igbo Eze South LGA of Enugu state. Ibagwa Aka is divided into 3 quarters namely Amebo,Echara
and Ezema.3 Muslim villages exist in Amebo. They are called Tikpalagi, Ntakko and Ngbagmaji. This 3 villages were given to Nupe horse traders by the natives circa 1899.Migration and procreation swelled their numbers to several thousands today.We called them Ndi Awusa Ibagwa.

These 3 Muslims villages have for 118 years shared nearly everything with the Igbos of Ibagwa Aka and Igboeze South who circled them completely.They have stalls at the Nkwo Ibagwa market.They have shared the air,rain, streams,Nkwo Ibagwa market and later primary,secondary schools. Recently the Muslims have built Hayatul Islam school and elegant mosques. During the Biafran war,many of the Muslims collaborated with invading Nigerian army unit led by Maj Sule Apollo to carry out what is probably the most heinous civilian massacre of that war after Asaba on July 10,1967. This led to Maj Apollo's withdrawal from the war front in an
elaborate cover up.

Despite this shortcoming,the Muslims in the 3 Ibagwa Aka villages have continued to be sheltered,respected and cared for by their Igbo hosts.They have continued to live in peace in what is now their ancestral villages.They have never been killed even when an American made a film depicting Jesus as gay unlike the massacre of hundreds of heads that rolled in the North when in protest to the Cartoon of Prophet
Mohammed made by a Danish man. None among them has ever been killed or their shops at Nkwo Ibagwa burnt.Their villages have never been attacked.Their girls have never been raped or abducted, converted to Christianity and married off.

They have lived in abundant peace that doesn't exist elsewhere in Nigeria. When some people claim that "Mbe nwa Aniga is a supremacist",they may be seeing this pride in my culture as arrogance. I will continue to cite this example to every Nigerian until we learn tolerance just like the people of Ibagwa-Aka.

Credit: Mbe Nwaniga
http://igbobia.com/?q=the-virtue-of-tolerance-of-the-igbo-peoplewhat-the-other-tribe-lacks.html

5 Likes

Re: The Virtue Of Tolerance Of The Igbo People...what The Other Tribe Lacks by decatalyst(m): 10:21pm On Apr 02, 2017
So wrong!

On what parameters are you basing your argument?

3 Likes

Re: The Virtue Of Tolerance Of The Igbo People...what The Other Tribe Lacks by ihimiray(m): 10:28pm On Apr 02, 2017
If Dats true, then I must say I truly respect that, tolerance is a virtue we as Nigerians have to imbibe...

1 Like

Re: The Virtue Of Tolerance Of The Igbo People...what The Other Tribe Lacks by Youngadvocate(m): 10:30pm On Apr 02, 2017
While you identify with the truths in the information and contents from this Moniker...don't forget the source is Igbobia.com...the Pan-Igbo forum that reveals real facts about and discusses the Igbo people.

Visit the forum, register and post news contents and helpful materials that are relevant to Ndi-Igbo. It is free for everyone.
The site was launched two months ago, and ever since, it has received massive positive response for the unique knowledge and hidden facts it springs.

Of course, anyone can register there...it is fast rising.

Umu-Igbo, ka anyi wue nke anyi

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Virtue Of Tolerance Of The Igbo People...what The Other Tribe Lacks by Youngadvocate(m): 10:36pm On Apr 02, 2017
decatalyst:
So wrong!

You read the precedence of events...what other parameters do u need?...the resurgence of extremism in the North and the horrifying manner in which they respond to slightest of provocation...

9 Likes

Re: The Virtue Of Tolerance Of The Igbo People...what The Other Tribe Lacks by Fremancipation: 10:40pm On Apr 02, 2017
The first major of Enugu was a Fulani man. He was democratically elected by igbos. Regardless of what the media says, ndigbo are very tolerant.

Another example of Igbo tolerance is the ogoni people who have been historically surrounded by Igbo people. Yet they lived side by side for generations. No body took over their land. Imagine if they were surrounded by fulanis

Another example is olukimi people of Yoruba origin that migrated and settle in the middle of anioma communities in delta state. They have been living there for generations and even celebrates festivals with anioma Igbo people.

Forget what media propaganda tells us about Igbo people but they are in action more tolerant than the so called tolerant group in Nigeria.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Virtue Of Tolerance Of The Igbo People...what The Other Tribe Lacks by Progressive01(m): 10:40pm On Apr 02, 2017
Igbos are tolerant, respectable, honourable, hardworking, etc. Igbos are everything Igbos are not.

They bring shame to Igbos worldwide.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Virtue Of Tolerance Of The Igbo People...what The Other Tribe Lacks by LoveDecay(m): 10:47pm On Apr 02, 2017
Youngadvocate:

You read the precedence of events...what other parameters do u need?...the resurgence of extremism in the North and the horrifying manner in which they respond to slightest of provocation...

The East I know is pungent with tribalism and sectional-sectionalism.. i.e forming sections in sections (clannish).

If giving land to settlers proves Ibo people are tolerant; then they are not more tolerant than westerners or northerner's regardless of religious uprisings.

What is happening in the east today.. which proves that the east is tolerant. As of today, the east is the least tolerant ethnic group in this country.

The present call for Biafra proves this point. It is a lack of tolerance that led to the first war and it is still this lack of tolerance that motivates IPOB and it's followers, it is the fuel that drives their propaganda.

The great city of Onitsha .. also proves the lack of tolerance of the east. The word "Onitsha" translate to "intolerance", "segregation".

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Virtue Of Tolerance Of The Igbo People...what The Other Tribe Lacks by Fremancipation: 10:49pm On Apr 02, 2017
Progressive01:
Igbos are tolerant, respectable, honourable, hardworking, etc. Igbos are everything Igbos are not.

Stop lying against IPOB for your evil ambitions.

Nnamdi Kanu before his arrest was interviewed by American conservative media. In that interview, he said that even the sultan of sokoto is welcome in Biafra as long as he adhere to the principles of freedom it will be founded on.

The same Nnamdi Kanu is making cases for Hausa political prisoners in a recent video.

Last I check, Nnamdi Kanu is still the leader of IPOB

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Virtue Of Tolerance Of The Igbo People...what The Other Tribe Lacks by Progressive01(m): 10:52pm On Apr 02, 2017
Fremancipation:

Stop lying against IPOB for your evil ambitions.

Nnamdi Kanu before his arrest was interviewed by American conservative media. In that interview, he said that even the sultan of sokoto is welcome in Biafra as long as he adhere to the principles of freedom it will be founded on.
Like I said, igbos are tolerant, hardworking, patriotic, accommodating, etc. Igbos are a band of criminals who bring nothing but shame and reproach to igbos.

Deal with that.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Virtue Of Tolerance Of The Igbo People...what The Other Tribe Lacks by Rolings: 10:52pm On Apr 02, 2017
Igbos are tolerant

Then

Islam is a religion of peace.

Stop swallowing what the media feeds you always

5 Likes

Re: The Virtue Of Tolerance Of The Igbo People...what The Other Tribe Lacks by Fremancipation: 11:04pm On Apr 02, 2017
LoveDecay:

The East I know is pungent with tribalism and sectional-sectionalism.. i.e forming sections in sections (clannish).

If giving land to settlers proves Ibo people are tolerant; then they are not more tolerant than westerners or northerner's regardless of religious uprisings.

What is happening in the east today.. which proves that the east is tolerant. As of today, the east is the least tolerant ethnic group in this country.

The present call for Biafra proves this point. It is a lack of tolerance that led to the first war and it is still this lack of tolerance that motivates IPOB and it's followers, it is the fuel that drives their propaganda.

The great city of Onitsha .. also proves the lack of tolerance of the east. The word "Onitsha" translate to "intolerance", "segregation".

The Igbo man of today is the product of his experiences in Nigeria. You really underestimate the evils this country has done to igbos and clearly fail to understand why the Igbo man has adopted the attitude they have in nigeria.

No!!! Yorubas have never given igbos free land. Igbos pay for the lands with hard earn cash.

No!!! Hausas/fulanis have never given igbos free land. Igbos pay for the lands with hard earn cash.

And the same applies to all groups in Nigeria.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Virtue Of Tolerance Of The Igbo People...what The Other Tribe Lacks by LoveDecay(m): 11:06pm On Apr 02, 2017
Fremancipation:

The Igbo man of today is the product of his experiences in Nigeria. You really underestimate the evils this country has done to igbos and clearly fail to understand why the Igbo man has adopted the attitude the have in nigeria.

No!!! Yorubas have never given igbos free land. Igbos pay for the lands with hard earn cash.

No!!! Hausas/fulanis have never given igbos free land. Igbos pay for the lands with hard earn cash.

And the same applies to all groups in Nigeria.

How do you know ?

Are aware of every transaction or agreement ?

1 Like

Re: The Virtue Of Tolerance Of The Igbo People...what The Other Tribe Lacks by Fremancipation: 11:09pm On Apr 02, 2017
LoveDecay:

How do you know ?

Are aware of every transaction or agreement ?

Ok provide me one example

1 Like

Re: The Virtue Of Tolerance Of The Igbo People...what The Other Tribe Lacks by GreyLaw(m): 11:14pm On Apr 02, 2017
Even when there are cold hard facts, some people in this forum will still find a way to make the Easterner look like the devil himself.

I have practically lived in all the regions of this country, except the far North-East; and I hold my experiences close to my chest. Nobody can twist the truth for me to swallow.

OP, keep your good work coming.

8 Likes

Re: The Virtue Of Tolerance Of The Igbo People...what The Other Tribe Lacks by Youngadvocate(m): 11:20pm On Apr 02, 2017
LoveDecay:

To what extent do you determine tolerance?...these days, anybody can bundle words and term it write-up.

Where is the place of tolerance when your people were gruesomely massacred and you decided to run away from the land where death pursues you?

Where is the place of tolerance when for close to 50years, you are sidelined in the polity and you choose to chart your own course?

Where is the place of tolerance when subtle but gruesome killings of "infidels" become a common practice in the north?

Where is the place of tolerance when the Igbo people that have suffered to establish in the West are constantly reminded that Lagos they contributed more to build as the capital of the country then, is not their land and they should return to their home? Femi Fani Kayode wrote this specifically in 2009 in Daily post.

Where is the place of tolerance when Igbos' shops were burnt and a person's throat was slit in the north just because of arguments bordering on Islamic religion?

Where is the place of tolerance when boko harm had to be orchestrated as a propaganda to pull down Jonathan administration because the north were denied their birthright of ruling nigeria forever?

Where is the place of tolerance when Buhari was rushed into Nigeria to resume as a defacto President just because few sounds of accolades were going to Osibanjo for the economy he was reshaping; they feared Buhari would be impeached on grounds of incapacitation and power would drift from the north...

You just seem uninformed...so, I will check out from here

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Virtue Of Tolerance Of The Igbo People...what The Other Tribe Lacks by chijiblaze(m): 11:47pm On Apr 02, 2017
Progressive01:

What has IPOB done to you that would make you tag them intolerant, dishonourable, disrespectful or lazy?
These people have an objective to protect their own from those who wish and do them ill, and they [IPOB] go about their campaign in a peaceful manner through peaceful street protests, sit-at-home boycotts, flag distribution and pasting, and generally creating awareness.
Just like their sister organization, the movement f

10 Likes

Re: The Virtue Of Tolerance Of The Igbo People...what The Other Tribe Lacks by Philistine(m): 11:57pm On Apr 02, 2017
These chestbeaters again! when will these people stop attributing false accolades on themselves,it smirks of low self esteem.Inferiority complex at it's peak.
Re: The Virtue Of Tolerance Of The Igbo People...what The Other Tribe Lacks by Cjrane2: 12:04am On Apr 03, 2017
Wait for Afonjas to see this thread.
Me i juss dey watch grin

1 Like

Re: The Virtue Of Tolerance Of The Igbo People...what The Other Tribe Lacks by Bridget95(f): 2:09am On Apr 03, 2017
LoveDecay:

Don't say what you don't have perfect knowledge off.

The civil war 1967-1970 came about as a result of reoccurring massacre of igbos by hostile and intolerant Hausa/Fulani beginning from 1945.

The current agitation for Biafra is borne out of injustice and repression of igbos over the years such as neglect of the region's roads,presence of military personnel everywhere in the east as if its a war zone while other regions are allowed to enjoy normal life etc.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Virtue Of Tolerance Of The Igbo People...what The Other Tribe Lacks by Nobody: 2:33am On Apr 03, 2017
decatalyst:
So wrong!

Afonja

2 Likes

Re: The Virtue Of Tolerance Of The Igbo People...what The Other Tribe Lacks by Nobody: 2:34am On Apr 03, 2017
Philistine:
These chestbeaters again! when will these people stop attributing false accolades on themselves,it smirks of low self esteem.Inferiority complex at it's peak.

Afonja

2 Likes

Re: The Virtue Of Tolerance Of The Igbo People...what The Other Tribe Lacks by Nebuchadnezar: 2:40am On Apr 03, 2017
Progressive01:

Ipob is igbo and Igbo is ipob

kiss the truth

9 Likes

Re: The Virtue Of Tolerance Of The Igbo People...what The Other Tribe Lacks by ycat: 5:07am On Apr 03, 2017
Funniest joke ever! igbos and tolerant in the same sentence grin grin grin

Maybe Op meant to say that they have no choice than to live with the muslims there, the fear of fulani is the beginning of wisdom for ipob.
Re: The Virtue Of Tolerance Of The Igbo People...what The Other Tribe Lacks by chijiblaze(m): 5:12am On Apr 03, 2017
Progressive01:

What has IPOB done to you that would make you tag them intolerant, dishonourable, disrespectful or lazy?
These people have an objective to protect their own from those who wish and do them ill, and they [IPOB] go about their campaign in a peaceful manner through peaceful street protests, sit-at-home boycotts, flag distribution and pasting, and generally creating awareness.
Just like their sister organization, the movement for the actualization of the sovereign state of Biafra (MASSOB). This clearly contrasts with the activities of similarity opinionated organizations like the Basque ETA which carried out a bombing campaign which claimed thousands of civilian lives in both France and Spain just to press home their demand for a separate homeland. The PKK in Turkey is actually engaged in a war with state to demand secession for the Kurdish people. These have been rightly recognized worldwide as terrorist organizations, just like the one in Chechnya, fighting the Russian government and people, with civilian casualties, just for independence. None of these has happened with MASSOB/ IPOB. Their struggle to date has remained an unarmed one.
Coming to the Nigerian scene, several ethnic / regional pressure groups exist such as the MOSOP for the Ogoni people, the numerous Ijaw oriented Niger-Delta militant groups and even the Yorubas' OPC. These are all guilty of conducting violent armed campaigns, bombings, kidnapping of unconnected innocent civilians for ransom, for money, killing members of the Nigerian armed forces and police, declaring parts of the country as independent states or no-go areas for other people, and even armed robbery! Do you think IPOB is really worse?

2 Likes

Re: The Virtue Of Tolerance Of The Igbo People...what The Other Tribe Lacks by blackpanda: 5:32am On Apr 03, 2017
Abeggi

Hausa are the most tolerant.
Igbos are the least tolerant. Even to other Igbos from a different LG or state.

Yoruba's are usually indifferent and only react when confronted or u start doing so well
Re: The Virtue Of Tolerance Of The Igbo People...what The Other Tribe Lacks by Rolings: 5:48am On Apr 03, 2017
chijiblaze:

Just like their sister organization, the movement f

What will you call Nnamdi Kanu's hate speeches on radio biafra ? Freedom of speech abi?
IPOB activities is the opposite of tolerance .
Re: The Virtue Of Tolerance Of The Igbo People...what The Other Tribe Lacks by Rolings: 6:00am On Apr 03, 2017
Bridget95:
Don't say what you don't have perfect knowledge off.

The civil war 1967-1970 came about as a result of reoccurring massacre of igbos by hostile and intolerant Hausa/Fulani beginning from 1945.

The current agitation for Biafra is borne out of injustice and repression of igbos over the years such as neglect of the region's roads,presence of military personnel everywhere in the east as if its a war zone while other regions are allowed to enjoy normal life etc.

"Such as neglect of the regions roads. ...." yet you guys were giving 99% votes to PDP for 16 years....... had 4senate presidents from the east ........ had the minister of finance , CBN governor , SGF. .....all this while no one realised the roads in the south east are in bad shape
But the moment PDP lost power at the centre their eyes open and start blaming other NIGERIANS for their misfortune even when its clear to all that they are the architect of their own misfortunes.

1 Like

Re: The Virtue Of Tolerance Of The Igbo People...what The Other Tribe Lacks by Boleyndynasty2(f): 6:11am On Apr 03, 2017
Progressive01:

Allow the Igbos worry about the shame. Must you find a way to rope Ipob into every post you make? Thankfully today you singled out IPOB, on a normal day when your head starts to spin you generalize everyone.

3 Likes

Re: The Virtue Of Tolerance Of The Igbo People...what The Other Tribe Lacks by Progressive01(m): 6:28am On Apr 03, 2017
Boleyndynasty2:
Allow the Igbos worry about the shame. Must you find a way to rope Ipob into every post you make? Thankfully today you singled out IPOB, on a normal day when your head starts to spin you generalize everyone.
You no well. cheesy
Re: The Virtue Of Tolerance Of The Igbo People...what The Other Tribe Lacks by Progressive01(m): 6:31am On Apr 03, 2017
chijiblaze:

Just like their sister organization, the movement for the actualization of the sovereign state of Biafra (MASSOB). This clearly contrasts with the activities of similarity opinionated organizations like the Basque ETA which carried out a bombing campaign which claimed thousands of civilian lives in both France and Spain just to press home their demand for a separate homeland. The PKK in Turkey is actually engaged in a war with state to demand secession for the Kurdish people. These have been rightly recognized worldwide as terrorist organizations, just like the one in Chechnya, fighting the Russian government and people, with civilian casualties, just for independence. None of these has happened with MASSOB/ IPOB. Their struggle to date has remained an unarmed one.
Coming to the Nigerian scene, several ethnic / regional pressure groups exist such as the MOSOP for the Ogoni people, the numerous Ijaw oriented Niger-Delta militant groups and even the Yorubas' OPC. These are all guilty of conducting violent armed campaigns, bombings, kidnapping of unconnected innocent civilians for ransom, for money, killing members of the Nigerian armed forces and police, declaring parts of the country as independent states or no-go areas for other people, and even armed robbery! Do you think IPOB is really worse?
I swear I didn't read that. Igbos are good people, Igbos are violent criminals that bring disrepute to Ndigbo. Period.
Nebuchadnezar:
[s][/s]
that line has proven to be stale because day by day you realize the bitter fact that igbos are your nightmare
Ipob are your nemesis
nebuchadnezar is your headache
Ipob is igbo and Igbo is ipob
kiss the truth omenka
Look at the picture below, look at the highlighted portion, and tell me who's been whose nightmare and headache. grin grin grin grin

While I'm busy having a good sleep, someone was busy jumping in and out of my mentions wailing at 2a.m, yet they say they are my nightmare. cheesy cheesy

You never see anything. Your sleepless nights haven't even started yet. grin

1 Share

Re: The Virtue Of Tolerance Of The Igbo People...what The Other Tribe Lacks by Sealeddeal(m): 6:58am On Apr 03, 2017
God bless Nnamdi KANU
God bless Igboland and no other place

5 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Thread For Buhari's Hate Speeches (post Links And Screenshots) / Biafra: Nnamdi Kanu Is Not Popular, He Is Only Notorious – Lauretta Onochie / Popular Celebrity Goes P@ntless At Award, Shows Off Her V*gina On Stage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.