Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,810 members, 7,872,696 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 07:58 PM

Why Are There So Many Unmarried Succesful Black Women - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are There So Many Unmarried Succesful Black Women (653 Views)

Many Unmarried Folks Out There Are Sex Addict, but will not admit that / Too Many Unmarried Youths: Imo State Might Introduce Uniform Bride Price! / Why So Many Unmarried Ladies/men? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are There So Many Unmarried Succesful Black Women by asha80(m): 8:29pm On Dec 26, 2009
[flash=400,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/bJGMAhWpDF8[/flash]

[flash=400,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/gp8CIAlEbvM[/flash]

What do you think?
Re: Why Are There So Many Unmarried Succesful Black Women by chiogo(f): 8:34pm On Dec 26, 2009
There's an OLD thread on this same topic here on Nairaland.

But I'll try and answer: Most Black women prefer to marry within their race and because of this limitation, it's hard to find the right one I guess especially being a successful woman. A successful woman wouldn't want to settle for less even if he's a Black man.

I love those videos!!! Quite interesting!!
Re: Why Are There So Many Unmarried Succesful Black Women by LordReed(m): 11:09pm On Dec 26, 2009
Hmmm! Men those statistics are frightening!
Re: Why Are There So Many Unmarried Succesful Black Women by mamagee3(f): 11:10pm On Dec 26, 2009
Men are scared and intimidated by successful Black Women
because they're freakin no nonsense people
. grin grin
Re: Why Are There So Many Unmarried Succesful Black Women by LordReed(m): 11:42pm On Dec 26, 2009
Scared? Of a woman? Tsk tsk tsk tsk
Re: Why Are There So Many Unmarried Succesful Black Women by spikedcylinder: 12:20am On Dec 27, 2009
Bullshit has become very expensive. cheesy
Re: Why Are There So Many Unmarried Succesful Black Women by tbaba83(m): 12:27am On Dec 27, 2009
because their standards are high. face it , even the normal poor black chics standards are hard to live up 2 not to talk of the rich ones
Re: Why Are There So Many Unmarried Succesful Black Women by vanitty: 6:08am On Dec 27, 2009
Almost all literate black women are successful in their chosen fields nowadays and are people not getting married? don't generalise because of your own misfortune, all this "successful "na excuse, successful nko successful ni.
I know of some women that their behaviour are cringe-worthy, who will want to marry a girl that is so flipping insecure, paranoid, does her very best to alienate all your friends?
Most women are their own enemy, so rude, proud and insecure, who will want to marry that?
Re: Why Are There So Many Unmarried Succesful Black Women by biina: 8:49am On Dec 27, 2009
I think the problem in somewhere like the US is that black men and women are not raised to be compatible; black men are not raised to be the kind of husband black women are raised to want, and black women are not are not raised to be the kind of wives black men are raised to desire. I see black ladies being raised to be independent and successful, while black men are raised to avoid such women, saying they would be poor wives (i.e. put their careers ahead of the family, be uncooperative etc). Black men are rarely raised to be monogamous, or sexually disciplined (have never seen or heard of a black man being castigated for his indiscretion) while black women are told (and rightly so) to stay away from such men.

Add the fact that the average black woman will rarely make the first move in a relationship (and might even be playing hard to get) when she is in a society that includes females of other cultural background that are more willing to on the offensive, the prospect becomes bleak.

(1) (Reply)

Looking For Heart Beat / I Know No Say Prostitute Self Dey Jealous. / I Need A Lady/woman For Child Reason

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.