Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,836 members, 7,976,142 topics. Date: Tuesday, 15 October 2024 at 08:11 PM

How I Was Defrauded By The Police!!! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How I Was Defrauded By The Police!!! (595 Views)

Please Help� I Was Defrauded Of #80,000 Early This Morning / How I Was Defrauded Of N3.2 Million And Almost Depressed / Osun Fuel Attendant Steals Sales Proceeds, Defrauded By Colleagues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Was Defrauded By The Police!!! by onyii255(m): 4:55pm On Apr 03, 2017
A Facebook user, Nnamdi Chisom Orgu, has claimed that a policeman, Boniface Odeh, defrauded him of N30,000 after he claimed his driving documents were fake and threatened him with detention.
NAIJ.com gathered that Orgu claimed he was stopped by the police while driving and asked to provide his driver’s licence and vehicle documents which he did but I spite of that, the policeman took him to the station and forced him to part with N30,000.

Read his story below:

So, as I was going through the streets of Nike Road, Abakpa today, I was brought to a stop by a policeman. Feeling confident that I had not committed any offence whatsoever, he asked for the trunk to be seen.

"Wetin you carry for booth?" He asked. "Oga, na lab reagents wey I de sell"

Not satisfied, he asked for my car particulars which I gave him. He then asked for my driver's licence. I gave him a photocopy from my wallet. He then asked me all manner of questions. Feeling surprised and not understanding why the barrage of questions, he showed me the licence. "Oga, this one na fake" I laughed, told him, it was the first licence I had when I started driving (which was done by my friend who works in VIO office) and I didn't know I was still carrying it around. I went back to the car and produced the original I made.
The corporal was adamant. "Oga, we de go police station... You will be detained for 21 years as this is a criminal offence" I was like, "but I showed you the original na" He asked for my keys; I refused till when he brought out his gun, took my keys and forced me to the police station. "Oga you will pay #100,000" or else you will produce a statement and you will be detained"

To cut the whole story short, my car was packed in the station, and he eventually collected #30,000 from me.

And we call these people, lawmen...it is disappointing that the protectors of the law use their arms as a means to defraud hapless individuals.
To the IGP, this is an appeal to you: such a person should not be in the police force anymore. He is not fit be called a lawman because tomorrow he will steal more from others.
To Boniface Odeh, you have incurred the wrath and curse of God for what you did today. Deut 30:7. You will suffer slowly for this broad light robbery even down to your fourth generation (that's if you will have any)

I believe in social media justice. I believe this will bring an end to the greed and injustice being perpetrated by the police force and other agents of government on the roads. It may not be today or next week but it will be someday
Re: How I Was Defrauded By The Police!!! by brostheo(m): 5:04pm On Apr 03, 2017
Oga you loseguard,mugu fall ,guy man chop

As a matter of fact you should be arrested and locked behind bars for bribing a police officer. If you felt you were in your right and haven't committed any crime why you pay. Come here they cry fake cry

1 Like

Re: How I Was Defrauded By The Police!!! by odiereke(m): 5:12pm On Apr 03, 2017
Sorry my broda, just post the name of d policeman, d area of d incident dat is if he is not even on illegal operation. Then if U have a go lawyer friend who can help U to write petition to the IG, AIG in charge of that zone or the DPO Iin charge of that division.
Re: How I Was Defrauded By The Police!!! by PMPhoenix(m): 5:36pm On Apr 03, 2017
Are you a JJC? If you had your original drivers license why did you bribe the uniformed goat with N30k? en no add up

1 Like

Re: How I Was Defrauded By The Police!!! by chillex8(m): 5:57pm On Apr 03, 2017
onyii255:
A Facebook user, Nnamdi Chisom Orgu, has claimed that a policeman, Boniface Odeh, defrauded him of N30,000 after he claimed his driving documents were fake and threatened him with detention.
NAIJ.com gathered that Orgu claimed he was stopped by the police while driving and asked to provide his driver’s licence and vehicle documents which he did but I spite of that, the policeman took him to the station and forced him to part with N30,000.

Read his story below:

So, as I was going through the streets of Nike Road, Abakpa today, I was brought to a stop by a policeman. Feeling confident that I had not committed any offence whatsoever, he asked for the trunk to be seen.

"Wetin you carry for booth?" He asked. "Oga, na lab reagents wey I de sell"

Not satisfied, he asked for my car particulars which I gave him. He then asked for my driver's licence. I gave him a photocopy from my wallet. He then asked me all manner of questions. Feeling surprised and not understanding why the barrage of questions, he showed me the licence. "Oga, this one na fake" I laughed, told him, it was the first licence I had when I started driving (which was done by my friend who works in VIO office) and I didn't know I was still carrying it around. I went back to the car and produced the original I made.
The corporal was adamant. "Oga, we de go police station... You will be detained for 21 years as this is a criminal offence" I was like, "but I showed you the original na" He asked for my keys; I refused till when he brought out his gun, took my keys and forced me to the police station. "Oga you will pay #100,000" or else you will produce a statement and you will be detained"

To cut the whole story short, my car was packed in the station, and he eventually collected #30,000 from me.

And we call these people, lawmen...it is disappointing that the protectors of the law use their arms as a means to defraud hapless individuals.
To the IGP, this is an appeal to you: such a person should not be in the police force anymore. He is not fit be called a lawman because tomorrow he will steal more from others.
To Boniface Odeh, you have incurred the wrath and curse of God for what you did today. Deut 30:7. You will suffer slowly for this broad light robbery even down to your fourth generation (that's if you will have any)

I believe in social media justice. I believe this will bring an end to the greed and injustice being perpetrated by the police force and other agents of government on the roads. It may not be today or next week but it will be someday

He is a fool to allow a mere police man intimidate him in broad day light.

Am still waiting for that police man that will harrass me in this life...

Rubbish. .. We just allow ourselves to be used.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Teenager 'locked Up Since Birth' Freed In Israeli Police Raid / Herdsmen Gun Down 12 In Taraba Communities / Drama As Girlfriend Kidnaps Groom From His Wedding To Another Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.