Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,222 members, 7,923,142 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 07:16 PM

17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone (46504 Views)

Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (Tsaigumi) - The First Locally Made In Nigerian Drone / Man From Gombe & His Locally Made Vehicle Cause A Scene / 17-year-old Polytechnic Student Leads The Construction Of A Locally-made Drone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone by tdayof(m): 10:20pm On Apr 03, 2017
Nice try buddy! That UAS is bad tho. The aerodynamic structure, etc.

I really adore your effort man.
Re: 17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone by wyse24(m): 10:24pm On Apr 03, 2017
slimthugchimee2:
op stop posting crap, that's not the first locally made drone in nigeria
Sincerely, the guy bought Arduino and coupled as seen online. Come and see locally made projects designed from scratch. I once made myself an automatic water pump controller after my ND, I couldn't develop my skills further for my mind was just about meeting my immediate needs, and engineering requires money if you want to grow your skills practically. That is not a big thing but something great from a young lad like him sha. We should encourage and not discourage. So many potentials with genuine talents yet never attain their full potential due the country economy situation

2 Likes

Re: 17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone by fizziea(m): 10:28pm On Apr 03, 2017
i guess he's from laspotech, ikorodu
Re: 17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone by slurryeye: 10:32pm On Apr 03, 2017
Adeyeancah:
Impressive! shocked I pray they employ him o...

I don't pray they employ him angry

You want him to get employed so that they can kill his innovative ideas just like they have killed millions

All I pray for him is that government provide financial assistance for this project and other groundbreaking ideas he has in his brain.

2 Likes

Re: 17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone by OlaSpeaker(m): 10:36pm On Apr 03, 2017
henrydadon:
now this is something to be proud of..

kudos to him.

but are you kidding me ..how can the authorities think of deploying a drone like this..common..they should opt for something more durable and reliable

THE DJI PHANTOM is there for them to purchase.

it take alot more than just adding rotating blades to get an actual working drone..what about the app..for control..micro processor and stuff..mapping..the list goes on and on.

am not trying to undermine his effort here..he really did well and am proud of him..am just stating the obvious

someone like him need to be sent to MIT in the USA for further studies..the Nigerian government are suppose to invest in brilliant mind such as these.

The same you will shout unemployment and blame the government. kai! just listen to yourself. Haba! how can this country with minds like yours instead to state the obvious for government to invest in the brain and technological capacity of the boy No you rather state the obvious for government to purchase the "DJI PHANTOM". God whatever is the sin of Africa and Nigeria to give us this kind of deluded minds please forgive us

3 Likes

Re: 17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone by caracas: 10:50pm On Apr 03, 2017
OkoYiboz:
David Opateyibo

Omo Yoruba ni mi o!
Shame on you n ur likes, is this the best ur tribe Can do? ,
Or haven't u heard of one Mr emegwali the most intelligent Man in africa n 8 in the world
Common stop disgracing ur tribe ,cos of à drawing grin that every one does.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone by henrydadon(m): 10:52pm On Apr 03, 2017
OlaSpeaker:

The same you will shout unemployment and blame the government. kai! just listen to yourself. Haba! how can this country with minds like yours instead to state the obvious for government to invest in the brain and technological capacity of the boy No you rather state the obvious for government to purchase the "DJI PHANTOM". God whatever is the sin of Africa and Nigeria to give us this kind of deluded minds please forgive us

you and i both know that boy drone is still at a developing stage..am just saying the government need something more reliable to do urgent serious work..do you know what it mean for a drone to be deployed for police work..?i want you to have a logical sense of reasoning here.

that boy can be mentored and given the best support that there is to unlock his full potential.

by the time he is done..he will be produce things for NASA

1 Like

Re: 17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone by Jammiiee(m): 10:56pm On Apr 03, 2017
Was that the mechanical set after Pilot's set wink
wonderkid619:
that's a good work he did, but it's not the first in Nigeria. I know someone from FUTA that finished from Mechanical Engineering two years ago that built something like that, and P.S it's called a quad-copter, last session again, they upgraded and built an Oct-copter... my Dept mate is also building a quad-copter as his final year project.
Re: 17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone by numericalguy(m): 10:59pm On Apr 03, 2017
UYCO:
Polytechnic education is the key to technological development .Until we learn to recognize polytechnic graduates like their university counterparts ,Nigeria will continue to rely on importation of foreign goods.

Sharap there. You dey craze ni..

How can you compare University with poly.
Re: 17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone by Bollinger(m): 11:05pm On Apr 03, 2017
babadem2much:
Great brains if only the government will know the right thing to do... Boy God will make you soar higher

Small thing can dazzle una. Smh.
Re: 17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone by kode12: 11:10pm On Apr 03, 2017
If a drone made from such a heavy/dense material like wood could be made to fly by this dude, he really should be given access to better materials and equipment, i'm sure he definitely will do better.
Re: 17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone by cybriz82(m): 11:12pm On Apr 03, 2017
henrydadon:

kudos to him.

but are you kidding me ..how can the authorities think of deploying a drone like this..common..they should opt for something more durable and reliable

it take alot more than just adding rotating blades to get an actual working drone..what about the app..for control..micro processor and stuff..mapping..the list goes on and on.

am not trying to undermine his effort here..he really did well and am proud of him..am just stating the obvious

someone like him need to be sent to MIT in the USA for further studies..the Nigerian government are suppose to invest in brilliant mind such as these.

u just took d words outta my mouth bro..i cme here to see a drone with remote control..
Re: 17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone by lawalosky(m): 11:24pm On Apr 03, 2017
Remind me of 3 idiot grin grin grin
Re: 17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone by Nobody: 11:24pm On Apr 03, 2017
Nice one, but he is not the first nor the second to build a drone in nigeria.
Re: 17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone by Nobody: 11:29pm On Apr 03, 2017
caracas:

Shame on you n ur likes, is this the best ur tribe Can do? ,
Or haven't u heard of one Mr emegwali the most intelligent Man in africa n 8 in the world
Common stop disgracing ur tribe ,cos of à drawing grin that every one does.

Carcass, you this nonentity that can't even spell 'Emeagwali' properly, you better get proper education before you come and hawk gala in Lagos like all rich men from your evil forest.

4 Likes

Re: 17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone by Nobody: 11:32pm On Apr 03, 2017
informant001:
A polytechnic in Lagos has produced its first prototype of a drone. Lagos City authorities have said, if developed fully, the state could employ the drones for security surveillance.

A talented 17-year-old David Opateyibo heads up the development of a drone which authorities in Lagos hope to deploy for security surveillance. The drone, a high breed mix of existing drone components and locally fabricated material, seems to fly normally but David says there is a lot more room for improvement.

“Aside from using drones for aerial surveillance, you can also use them for aerial photography and videography, or for broadcasting, incidence control or pipeline and power line inspection. You can also use drones in agriculture, to analyze farm produce,” David said in an interview.

See photos below

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2017/04/polytechnic-builds-nigerias-first.html

Airborne360 come and see sir!
Re: 17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone by Guyman02: 11:33pm On Apr 03, 2017
But that's not Nigeria first drone, there is a guy in Delta state that builds more advanced drones and prototype planes that was featured here
Re: 17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone by babadem2much(m): 11:37pm On Apr 03, 2017
Bollinger:

Small thing can dazzle una. Smh.

which one you don do make we hail you... Omo this is not about book it's about gift
Re: 17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone by Bollinger(m): 11:42pm On Apr 03, 2017
babadem2much:

which one you don do make we hail you... Omo this is not about book it's about gift

Gift? Ok. Replicating a crude contraption of what already exists is now a gift. Niiiigggggeeeerrrrriiiiiaaaannnnnsssss.... . i hail una. grin
Re: 17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone by samclush(m): 11:52pm On Apr 03, 2017
Ah!laspotech product....bedrock of technology..
...we gat wat it takes....But nairaland did news old nw.na last 2 month convocation na im d guy present!!!
Re: 17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone by TERTAR: 12:01am On Apr 04, 2017
Good for a start,just that it is cut and paste undecided[b][/b].technicians know what i mean by that.
Re: 17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone by babadem2much(m): 12:04am On Apr 04, 2017
Bollinger:

Gift? Ok. Replicating a crude contraption of what already exists is now a gift. Niiiigggggeeeerrrrriiiiiaaaannnnnsssss.... . i hail una. grin

Replicate yours in a different way and see if Nigerians will not hail you, since you na from Gambia
Re: 17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone by Bollinger(m): 12:25am On Apr 04, 2017
babadem2much:

Replicate yours in a different way and see if Nigerians will not hail you, since you na from Gambia

What's the point? In normal societies people are hailed for INVENTING. In Nigeria they are hailed for REPLICATING. And they wonder why their lives are so phucked.
Re: 17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone by akigbemaru: 12:46am On Apr 04, 2017
UYCO:
Polytechnic education is the key to technological development .Until we learn to recognize polytechnic graduates like their university counterparts ,Nigeria will continue to rely on importation of foreign goods.
Re: 17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone by omonighoblessing(f): 2:00am On Apr 04, 2017
this is such good news.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone by Nobody: 2:17am On Apr 04, 2017
henrydadon:

kudos to him.

Truth is Nigeria doesnt know what to do with these kind of hard working people. Thats why they are better off migrating elswhere where structures are in place to help them grow
Re: 17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone by gnykelly(m): 3:00am On Apr 04, 2017
informant001:
A polytechnic in Lagos has produced its first prototype of a drone. Lagos City authorities have said, if developed fully, the state could employ the drones for security surveillance.

A talented 17-year-old David Opateyibo heads up the development of a drone which authorities in Lagos hope to deploy for security surveillance. The drone, a high breed mix of existing drone components and locally fabricated material, seems to fly normally but David says there is a lot more room for improvement.

“Aside from using drones for aerial surveillance, you can also use them for aerial photography and videography, or for broadcasting, incidence control or pipeline and power line inspection. You can also use drones in agriculture, to analyze farm produce,” David said in an interview.

See photos below

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2017/04/polytechnic-builds-nigerias-first.html

you guys should stop giving false information. the Nigeria Army have a fully functional drone called 'guluma'. he isn't the first.

1 Like

Re: 17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone by victorazy(m): 4:15am On Apr 04, 2017
babadem2much:
Great brains if only the government will know the right thing to do... Boy God will make you soar higher
If Buhari
Re: 17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone by babadem2much(m): 5:20am On Apr 04, 2017
Bollinger:

What's the point? In normal societies people are hailed for INVENTING. In Nigeria they are hailed for REPLICATING. And they wonder why their lives are so phucked.

My bro, that is the society we find find ourselves, how do you get the raw materials to invent? I solidly believe we have good brains who can invent but which government from inception has encourage any one? Even those replicating which we see around us today are not recognized and encourage. But we the masses have our quota by hailing and praying for them to succeed with the work of their hands... Omo na to do de wan wey you fit do o na it matter
Re: 17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone by babadem2much(m): 5:24am On Apr 04, 2017
victorazy:

If Buhari

inasmuch am not fan of his but there are people in our sane society who sees all this brains and refuse to act then BUHARI who is miles away from you cannot do anything

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Meet 20-Year-Old Akobundu Kenneth Who Builds Planes, Cars And Bikes (Video) / Doomsday Clock Sits Just 90 Seconds Before Midnight (pics) / Animals Endemic To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.