Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,931 members, 7,931,218 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 07:24 PM

I Was Denied Uk Visa In 2005 - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Was Denied Uk Visa In 2005 (1048 Views)

220,000 Nigerians Apply For U.S. Visa In 2014 – U.S. Embassy / I Was Denied Visa At French Embassy For This Reason.... / How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Denied Uk Visa In 2005 by hanovia: 11:52am On Dec 27, 2009
I was denied UK visa in 2005. When the e-passport came out I got it in 2007 with same name, different age, different address. I thought I am from Lagos but later realised I am from ogun state; I thought I was 30years old by 2005 but later realised I wasn't up to that, my birth wasn't registered (maybe becos I was born at home) and my parents are illiterate. I luckily met my aunt who resides in Benin Republic, asked her some things and she related my birth time to some events around 1982, I didnt grow up to know my parents, Those are just reasons why I didnt know my identity really well.
In 2008, I got my first visa (German-schengen) I travelled and I came back. This year about 3 months ago I got second visa (Austrian-schengen) I travelled and came back.
I am planning to go to UK maybe next year. I need advice on how to go about it with all the facts available above.
Re: I Was Denied Uk Visa In 2005 by Nobody: 11:57am On Dec 27, 2009
dont be another MUTALLAB grin
Re: I Was Denied Uk Visa In 2005 by hanovia: 12:22pm On Dec 27, 2009
MrPrsdent:

dont be another MUTALLAB grin

I am not. I don't have any bad motive.
Re: I Was Denied Uk Visa In 2005 by justwise(m): 1:12pm On Dec 27, 2009
hanovia:

I am not. I don't have any bad motive.

Are u going for a visit or to study?
Re: I Was Denied Uk Visa In 2005 by hanovia: 1:32pm On Dec 27, 2009
justwise:

Are u going for a visit or to study?

I am going for a visit.
Re: I Was Denied Uk Visa In 2005 by ELDERLAGON: 2:14pm On Dec 27, 2009
@hanovia,
Were the embassies of the countries you once visited aware that you applied to the UK embassy with another passport before you were granted visas?Did you overstay during your previous visits abroad?Did you have any affidavit to support your current status?And did you swear to the affidavit before your first visit outside Nigeria or after , ?If you can do justice to these questions,I am of the opinion that forum members will be able to make meaningful contributions as regards your case.
Re: I Was Denied Uk Visa In 2005 by hanovia: 2:32pm On Dec 27, 2009
ELDERLAGON:

@hanovia,
Were the embassies of the countries you once visited aware that you applied to the UK embassy with another passport before you were granted visas?Did you overstay during your previous visits abroad?Did you have any affidavit to support your current status?And did you swear to the affidavit before your first visit outside Nigeria or after , ?If you can do justice to these questions,I am of the opinion that forum members will be able to make meaningful contributions as regards your case.

None of the above listed was done
Re: I Was Denied Uk Visa In 2005 by justwise(m): 4:31pm On Dec 27, 2009
hanovia:

None of the above listed was done

Why were u denied a visa in 2005? Can u remember?
Re: I Was Denied Uk Visa In 2005 by funsosweet(m): 5:12pm On Dec 27, 2009
justwise:

Why were u denied a visa in 2005? Can u remember?

Insufficient fund
Re: I Was Denied Uk Visa In 2005 by justwise(m): 5:32pm On Dec 27, 2009
funsosweet:

Insufficient fund

Ok, that is not bad as long as u meet the requirements this time around AND prove that u will come back to Nigeria.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visitingtheuk/visitors/eligibility/

Visit that website for more infomation.
Re: I Was Denied Uk Visa In 2005 by sfdaram(f): 9:03pm On Dec 27, 2009
@ poster

as professional in the field of travel i.e travel agent i will advise you to tell the UK embassy nothing but the truth any time u want to apply again.d embassy have ur record especially ur name & photo.becos u ve shengen visa on ur passport now ,u ve gone & come back then u ve higher chance of gettin d UK visa .just tell them d truth u can be considered if they wish.
Re: I Was Denied Uk Visa In 2005 by Vicjustice: 10:18pm On Dec 27, 2009
hanovia:

I was denied UK visa in 2005. When the e-passport came out I got it in 2007 with same name, different age, different address. I thought I am from Lagos but later realised I am from ogun state; I thought I was 30years old by 2005 but later realised I wasn't up to that, my birth wasn't registered (maybe becos I was born at home) and my parents are illiterate. I luckily met my aunt who resides in Benin Republic, asked her some things and she related my birth time to some events around 1982, I didnt grow up to know my parents, Those are just reasons why I didnt know my identity really well.
In 2008, I got my first visa (German-schengen) I travelled and I came back. This year about 3 months ago I got second visa (Austrian-schengen) I travelled and came back.
I am planning to go to UK maybe next year. I need advice on how to go about it with all the facts available above.

funsosweet:

Insufficient fund
   @Funsosweet, why did you answer the question that was intended for Hanovia?
Re: I Was Denied Uk Visa In 2005 by NordicRace: 10:32pm On Dec 27, 2009
Your birth nwas unregistered so you obviously cannot retrieve that information. You cannot retrieve it, because it does not exist. I don't think you will be coming to britain anytime soon.

And fake documents WILL be found out, and you will be banned from applying for ten years.
Re: I Was Denied Uk Visa In 2005 by justwise(m): 10:46pm On Dec 27, 2009
Vicjustice:

Do u know that i did not notice that? Wow!.

Thanks for pointing that out.
Re: I Was Denied Uk Visa In 2005 by OAM4J: 6:04am On Dec 29, 2009
Vicjustice:

Funsosweet = Hanovia  grin

@OP

Even though you have changed your date of birth and it is possible to have more than 1 person with same name and different date of birth, you have not changed your face/picture.

How about your bio-data? was it collected in 2005?

If you apply to UK again only with your new passport, you really have to be ready to offer explanation in case you are discovered and only the truth will set you free. I hope the ECO will
then buy the story you gave above.

I will advice you include the 2 passports while applying and attach a letter explaining why the different dates of birth on the 2 passports. Doing so onset will indicate you have no intention to deceive/mislead the embassy.
Re: I Was Denied Uk Visa In 2005 by dancewith: 7:35am On Dec 29, 2009
OMG advice is well said. Just follow that faithfully and you won't have any issues
Re: I Was Denied Uk Visa In 2005 by joxiri: 12:36pm On Dec 29, 2009
I agree with OAM4J, if you are honest upfront with them, regardless of the outcome you wont incur the 10 year ban, so make sure you are honest

(1) (Reply)

Has Anyone Been Issued A Visa To The Usa Or Uk After This Bomb Plot? / Uk 6 Months Multiple Visa Processing / Help Needed - How To Move Cargo From Lagos To Bayelsa~!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.