Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,659 members, 7,889,155 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 12:43 AM

Any Idea About Estonian Economy - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Any Idea About Estonian Economy (5172 Views)

Plss Any Idea About D Cheapest Place To Travel For Leisure / Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally / Does Anyone Have An Idea About Visa Appeals For Working Holiday Maker Permits? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Idea About Estonian Economy by nedostic: 3:11pm On Dec 27, 2009
Pls does any member of nairaland has an idea about work opportunities available in Estonia for international students. I do like to go there for my MSc considering the fact that school fees over there seems cheap.
Re: Any Idea About Estonian Economy by NordicRace: 2:32pm On Dec 30, 2009
Estonia is a very poor country. You do not speak estonian or russin. So where in your small negro brain thinks you can just magically land there and get a job ?
Re: Any Idea About Estonian Economy by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jan 01, 2010
NordicRace:

Estonia is a very poor country. You do not speak estonian or russin. So where in your small negro brain thinks you can just magically land there and get a job ?

And are you any better?

Hanging around a Nigerian forum, when by all accounts, you hate the Black race? It's not compulsory to be here, why would you choose to spend time on a forum run by a Nigerian, and teeming with the very people you hate? Only an !mbecile woul stick needles into their own eyeballs, despite the fact it's painful!

You're either mentally ill, or a very lonely person, Billy-No-Mates!
Re: Any Idea About Estonian Economy by MrCrackles(m): 12:03pm On Jan 01, 2010
^ ^ ^ grin
Re: Any Idea About Estonian Economy by nedostic: 1:27pm On Jan 01, 2010
The essence of my post is just to garner relevant info about Estonia and not for ludicrous comments that serve one no good. This forum isnt a place for infightings amongst members. So one should get me any relevant info on life in Estonia as a student. All I need to know is if there are work opportunities for foreign students and also their disposition towards foreigners. From what I read about Estonia is that most of their cities have free wireless service.I am just weighing my options I consider their schools cheap mostly for my MSc in Cybersecurity.Its just economical for an average naija but I need to get feelers from all well meaningful member of this forum. All the same the name of the school I intend going is Tallinn University of Technology.
Re: Any Idea About Estonian Economy by Davedavy: 8:00pm On Jan 02, 2010
I
nedostic:

Pls does any member of nairaland has an idea about work opportunities available in Estonia for international students. I do like to go there for my MSc considering the fact that school fees over there seems cheap.

I used to have a chick who was frm Estonia,frm what she told me,blacks are very few in the country and most of the locals aint use to blacks.I dont know anything about being able to get a job there though.But i guess the language will be a big barrier except you speak Estonian/Russian.I also learnt that they have the lots of skin heads.The only plus i know about the country is that it is an EU and Shengen member.
Re: Any Idea About Estonian Economy by bameyi(m): 5:50am On Jan 09, 2010
hey are you saying he is a red neck? just reading the post for the first time
Re: Any Idea About Estonian Economy by Vicjustice: 2:35pm On Jan 10, 2010
nedostic:

Get some help from the information in the link below:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-94557.0.html
Re: Any Idea About Estonian Economy by Jokubas: 6:44pm On Jan 11, 2010
in Estonia mostly people living well. They speaking in their own estonian language, about 80% can speak russian too, if you have any questions just ask i will try to answer . btw estonia is not a poor country,
Re: Any Idea About Estonian Economy by nedostic: 9:38pm On Jan 11, 2010
In response to the last comment made by Jocubas,I do like to know the attitude of EStonians towards blacks. How bourgeoning is Estonian economy mostly in terms of work opportunities for non-eu students?
Re: Any Idea About Estonian Economy by Jokubas: 5:15pm On Jan 12, 2010
it depends what you'r studing, global economic crisis pushed estonia in very bad situation like all east europe, but in reason what estonia gave a good relasion with norway and skandinavia countrys what situation is temporary. i dont recomend you to go in what country now. By swedbank what crisis can take two more years smiley believe me all countrys like lithuania, latvia, estonia suffering from crisis,
Re: Any Idea About Estonian Economy by nedostic: 9:47pm On Jan 12, 2010
are there no opportunities for non-eu students doing their masters to work?also tell me more their attitude to blacks?
Re: Any Idea About Estonian Economy by NordicRace: 9:56pm On Jan 12, 2010
also tell me more their attitude to blacks?
http://www.baltictimes.com/news/articles/5235/

TALLINN - The activities of racist extremists in Estonia should be prevented before they spiral out of control, Interior Affairs Minister Tarmo Loodus warned last week.According to police in Tartu, several gangs of skinheads and other hooligans are wreaking havoc there. The latest incident took place in the town at the beginning of July, when a group of drunk men insulted and provoked an African-American security officer working at the Baltic Defense College.The officer chose not to report it to ,

Foreign Students in Estonia Terrorized By Skinheads

An African-American student studying in Tartu, Estonia has told a local newspaper that he is considering leaving the country before his semester ends because of constant harassment and threats from skinheads, according to the April 28, 2001 issue of Molodyozh Estonii. Tony Sessoms [name as transliterated], who is quoted as saying, "My safety is more important than my studies," adds that he never walks alone in Tartu.

Two local skinheads are quoted in the article saying that they target dark-skinned foreigners because, "Estonia should not become a place where the races are mixed. My grandfather fought for freedom, not for this." The older of the two, a 30 year old named Hanno, is quoted saying that he meets with his friends at night and they wander the city looking for targets.

Last year, a female African-American student left Tartu before the end of her term of study because of similar harassment, while a woman from the Middle East reports being threatened and spat upon by skinheads, and was also forced to leave the country early.

Police estimate that there are around 50 skinheads in Tartu. The mayor of the city has made public statements about the threat these violent youth pose, but he adds that there are insufficient funds for an adequate police response to the problem. Nevertheless, police have taken some action: Two skinheads received administrative warnings after attacking a dark-skinned teacher, three others spent two days in jail for threatening American military personnel, another was fined for spitting on an American soldier, while yet another three skinheads were fined for screaming threats at a Japanese man.

1 Like

Re: Any Idea About Estonian Economy by nedostic: 10:23pm On Jan 12, 2010
@ jocubbas, your post seems to be very old! i need recent information on the coutry if you have any.
Re: Any Idea About Estonian Economy by Jokubas: 10:28pm On Jan 12, 2010
i don't know nothing about racists,  but if you are in fear just stay at home and do nothing,  you can spend your days in that fear or do something ;] I prefer you to go study or work in sweden smiley i guess the studies are free in this country,  it cost nothing
Re: Any Idea About Estonian Economy by nedostic: 11:22pm On Jan 12, 2010
@ Jokubas, so you advise I should try Sweden but I didnt apply to Studera.nu for Autumn 2010 admission. so that for know is not longer feasible thats the more reason i wanted to know about estonia and the opportunities it offers to non-eu students because I am hoping Tallinn university would offer me a admsission for Msc Cybersercurity and perhaps a scholarship alongside it. I just want to know if there are opportunities there?
Re: Any Idea About Estonian Economy by NordicRace: 11:40pm On Jan 12, 2010
and perhaps a scholarship alongside it

What on earth makes you think they would give you a non eu migrant a scholorship ?
Re: Any Idea About Estonian Economy by morpheus24: 3:40pm On Jan 13, 2010
NordicRace:

and perhaps a scholarship alongside it

What on earth makes you think they would give you a non eu migrant a scholorship ?

So says the Northman from Europe!!

Why should anyone listen to someone who is frustrated and filled with HATE!!
Re: Any Idea About Estonian Economy by tunnytox(m): 5:09pm On Jan 13, 2010
@poster

honestly, i don't believe you have much to gain by moving to Estonia, as much as i know from some of my Estonian friends years back, their economy is not really too good and the wages are very low. There's also a problem with language as many Estonians speak either Russian or Estonian.

A significant number of Estonians have relocated to Russia, Finland and many parts of the EU especially UK and Ireland.

If you must study in Europe and looking for a cheaper school i will rather advise you to consider other East European countries such has Poland or Hungary, i do not have any information about these countries but I believe there are some threads on them already on this forum,

goodluck

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Best Way To Get To Ekiti From Abuja / Road Trip To Tanzania By December / Family Relocation Suggestions And Directions Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.