Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,749 members, 7,875,868 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 12:04 AM

What Does A Millitary Snipper Thinks About His Job? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / What Does A Millitary Snipper Thinks About His Job? (401 Views)

Househelp Caught Trying To Poison Her Madam With Snipper (Photo, Video) / Lady Commits Suicide By Drinking Snipper In Bayelsa Over Boyfriend (Graphic Pix) / How A Good Samaritan Lost His Job, Marriage, Imprisoned After Helping A Lady. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Does A Millitary Snipper Thinks About His Job? by tankoy: 8:19pm On Apr 04, 2017
"Every person I killed I strongly believe that they were bad. When I do go face God there is going to be lots of things I will have to account for but killing any of those people is not one of them."
y
That is the psychology ofd Chris Kyle A young cowboy from Texas who joined the elite US Navy Seals became the most deadly sniper in American history. In a book he published he provides an unusual insight into the psychology of a soldier who waits, watches and kills.

As US forces surged into Iraq in 2003, Chris Kyle was handed a sniper rifle and told to watch as a marine battalion entered an Iraqi town.
A crowd had come out to greet them. Through the scope he saw a woman, with a child close by, approaching his troops. She had a grenade ready to detonate in her hand.
"This was the first time I was going to have to kill someone. I didn't know whether I was going to be able to do it, man, woman or whatever," he says.
"You're running everything through your mind. This is a woman, first of all. Second of all, am I clear to do this, is this right, is it justified? And after I do this, am I going to be fried back home? Are the lawyers going to come after me saying, 'You killed a woman, you're going to prison'?"
It's killing that is very distant but also very personal - I would even say intimate
Neta Bar, Anthropologist
But he didn't have much time to debate these questions.
"She made the decision for me, it was either my fellow Americans die or I take her out."
He pulled the trigger.
Kyle remained in Iraq until 2009. According to official Pentagon figures, he killed 160 people, the most career sniper kills in the history of the US military. His own estimate is much higher, at 255 kills.
According to army intelligence, he was christened "The Devil" by Iraqi insurgents, who put a $20,000 (£13,000) bounty on his head.

.www.bbc.com/news/magazine-16544490

Re: What Does A Millitary Snipper Thinks About His Job? by youngest85(m): 8:22pm On Apr 04, 2017
He who lives by the sword dies by the sword
Re: What Does A Millitary Snipper Thinks About His Job? by decatalyst(m): 8:54pm On Apr 04, 2017
youngest85:
He who lives by the sword dies by the sword

There are exceptions and exemptions to every rule cool

(1) (Reply)

Is This Legal / Rev King Set To Be Executed In Lagos State / Fulani Herdsmen Beheads Young Man In Abraka, Delta State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.