Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,303 members, 7,907,691 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 01:14 PM

On The Issue Of Wedding Ring - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / On The Issue Of Wedding Ring (15191 Views)

Is It A Must For A Muslim Wife To Wear Wedding Ring? / The Issue Of Pocket Money For Wives !!! / The Issue Of Shortening Salah (salat-ul Qasr) During NYSC Camp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: On The Issue Of Wedding Ring by Nobody: 2:13pm On Apr 17, 2017
Farmerforlife:

With what intention please? Continuing the argument or seeking knowledge?
Alright Shaykh ibn Uthaymayn. I hope that is scholar enough for you?

"Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen was asked about the ruling on wearing engagement rings. He said: The engagement ring is a kind of ring, and there is nothing wrong with rings in principle, unless that is accompanied by some belief, as some people do when the man writes his name on the ring that he gives to his fiancée, and she writes her name on the ring that she gives to him, believing that this will create strong bonds between the couple. In this case, this ring is haraam, because it is an attachment to something for which there is no basis in Islam and which makes no sense. Similarly, with regard to the engagement ring, it is not permissible to the man to put it on his fiancée’s hand, because she is not his wife yet and she is still a stranger (non-mahram) to him, because she is not his wife until after the marriage contract has been done."

See al-Fataawa al-Jaami’ah li’l-Mar’ah al-Muslimah, vol. 3, p. 914-915

Personally, I first got my opinion when I asked a Saudi trained Nigerian scholar in Saudi Arabia when I went for hajj after my marriage, and he gave me the same response, that it was ok if no special belief is attached to it. He has not, to my knowledge, written hundreds of books like Shaykh alAlbani, so you will not likely have heard of him, but he is no less a scholar, having completed his doctorate degree in fiqh, in Jami'a Islamiyya in Medinah. I also believe that the entire body of hanafi fuqahaa permit the wearing of wedding rings. Bro, I admire your zeal for Islam, but please remember the use of hikmah in passing across information.

Shaykh ibn uthaymeen later had the same opinion with shaykh Al-Albaani....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFaOCxxH8co

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: On The Issue Of Wedding Ring by AbuHammaad: 2:41pm On Apr 17, 2017
AbdelKabir:

Re: On The Issue Of Wedding Ring by Nobody: 11:22pm On Apr 17, 2017
AbdelKabir:

L

If you say so, but I see no indication as to which opinion came first, and which came second. Like I said earlier, the whole body of Hanafi fiqh does not consider wearing wedding rings to be haram unless there is a motive other than mere indication of marriage. The fact is, sheikh Albani's opinion on this issue is not accepted by all scholars.

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Didn't Allah Enjoin Muslims To Love One Another As Jesus Did ? / I Think I'm Being Controlled By Unknown Spirit- I Need Islamic Deliverance / Ruling On Wealth Acquired From Lotteries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.