Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,327 members, 7,881,224 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 02:39 PM

Tell Your Story - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Tell Your Story (349 Views)

Geoscientists Working In The Oil Industry: How Did You Get In? Share Your Story. / There Are So Many Positions Available. Hurry And Apply Now!.. Tell Your Friends. / How To Tell Your Boss You Disagree (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tell Your Story by CareerHubAfrica: 9:50am On Apr 05, 2017
What has your experience in the employment market been like? Good or Bad?

Share your experiences here, this will enable you to get advice from both CareerHubAfrica and fellow NL. It can be anything at all as long as it is related to your career e.g. your job hunting experience, your office environment or challenges with your job.

We are also going to publish some of these career experiences on our blog.

Let's get the ball rolling guys!!
Re: Tell Your Story by maryannn: 10:05am On Apr 05, 2017
my boss resigned 1 month ago and my new boss has been making advances at me since he resumed. i am holding myself back from insulting his life. should i report him? i dont know what to do?
Re: Tell Your Story by emysilas: 10:11am On Apr 05, 2017
What certifications do I need to enter the oil industry? all my experience is with the banking industry and since I was laid off early last year I have not secured any other job. but I want to work in oil.
Re: Tell Your Story by CareerHubAfrica: 10:38am On Apr 05, 2017
maryannn:
my boss resigned 1 month ago and my new boss has been making advances at me since he resumed. i am holding myself back from insulting his life. should i report him? i don't know what to do?

Harassment is not something to be taken lightly, it is illegal. You should be very sure you're reading the message clearly before reacting to it. He will likely be investigated, and it could hurt his reputation if it turns out you got things wrong. However, if you are sure you are being harassed at work, back up your story with evidence then take the following steps to resolve it.

1. Talk to him. Tell him that his behavior is bothering you. and ask him to stop. please do this politely. but if he fails to listen and continues then that's when you should react.

2. If the issue doesn't quickly resolve itself, consider talking to your HR, they know how to handle things like this. Note that if you claim you're being harassed, then the HR department will likely need to conduct an investigation around the issue.

3. Never go about badmouthing him, it will only aggravate the issue.
Re: Tell Your Story by CareerHubAfrica: 10:44am On Apr 05, 2017
emysilas:
What certifications do I need to enter the oil industry? all my experience is with the banking industry and since I was laid off early last year I have not secured any other job. but I want to work in oil.

Numerous career opportunities exist in the oil and gas industry. Identify the area of the industry you want to go into and then get training and certifications in that field, this will launch you into the industry. You can also read our articles on career profiling https:///dHmIb , here we feature several careers in the industry and how one can start and progress in them.
Re: Tell Your Story by Wuraola1111: 4:05pm On Apr 05, 2017
UHMN!!!

Do you all know how it feels to work for a month and not get paid?

I work as a sales person in a financial organisation in lagos and the nature of the job is a target based job. It can be frustrating and depressing.

To quit is not a problem but I don't want to stay at home.

I'm so depressed.

(1) (Reply)

Seismic Interpretation & Well Logging Training Using Petrel / Free Tickets To The Epic And Grand Unveiling Of Oracle 12c / Third Term Begins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.