Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,692 members, 7,882,335 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 10:20 PM

How I Became My Own Boss By Developing My Computer Skills.... - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How I Became My Own Boss By Developing My Computer Skills.... (734 Views)

How I Became Financially Independent Using Smartphone. / Relevant Computer Skills And Certifications For A Biochemist / Be Your Own Boss - See A Nairalander's Work Routine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How I Became My Own Boss By Developing My Computer Skills.... by ifewwa: 2:56pm On Apr 05, 2017
Graduation was the happiest day of y life......i was finally leaving school cheesy cheesy
But then it dawn on me, I was going to join the uncountable number of job seekers out there of which probably many of them were better than me in terms of experience and even grades. Nysc wasn't encouraging as well.. Buhari recession period had come, prices of things had gone extremely up angry angry. Reluntantly i went for service (after all I would escape job search for one year and get 19800). That was my mentality.

luckily for me I saved 3,000 from my allowance every month (don't ask how...na village them carry me go). I finished Nysc and the job hunt i was trying to escape for began. I did newsletter subscription for all the job site i know. Alerts were coming in but I couldn't apply. The skills they wanted were not available in me. Then i realised, My lecturers had only taught me to pass exams not to use it in the real world. (Don't get me wrong having a degree is a very good thing .)
i had to do something fast..... so i took a survey on all the what skills was in high demand by Employers. majority of them was internet and computer based. Engineers and accountant were also among the top demanding jobs. But come to thinkof it...
people were actually looking for Bloggers, Content writers, web developers, graphic designers, professional computer skills, Digital marketers, Social media managers and so on.... what an opportunity. These skills are not taught in schools. I then decide to use my NYSC savings to make myself a guru at digital marketing and graphics design. currently i work as a freelance marketer and content writer and i have done graphics design project for some companies.
this is my own story.... all I needed was an internet subscription and my laptop and a month's training and i am already my own boss.
Become your own boss, the world is a large place filled with opportunities....enroll today for which ever skills you want and be your own boss or let dream company pay you big...
check details on the banners or pictures below......

2 Likes

Re: How I Became My Own Boss By Developing My Computer Skills.... by Vine4(m): 5:52pm On Apr 12, 2017
Wow....this is a story I can actually relate to. I need to develop marketable skill. I'm about to go for my youth service in a months time. I want to be a part of this but FUNDS!!!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Job Vacancy-a Company Representative Is Needed For Immediate Employment. / International Rescue Committee Recruitment 2017 (7 Positions) / Criada Multiservices Latest Job Vacancies (4 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.